Thread: Ong Bak 3

Default Ong Bak 3

Heared Ong Bak 3 English subtitled version has been released, is it as good as the Ong Bak 1 & 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by monica_kok View Post
    Heared Ong Bak 3 English subtitled version has been released, is it as good as the Ong Bak 1 & 2 ?
    Ong Bak 3 is a pale shadow of its former glory. No solid story-line, no insane fight choreography.

Don't watch it. It will kill the enthusiasm you got from the previous ones.

Final Warning: Don't watch it !!!!!!!!!!
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post
    Ong Bak 3 is a pale shadow of its former glory. No solid story-line, no insane fight choreography.

Was Ong Bak ever famous for its solid storyline? Although no insane fight choreography will probably kill it, yes.

Ong Bak 3 is saturated with fighting sequences since it seemed like they wanted to show off Tony Jaa's martial arts prowess with different weapons and fighting styles. Unfortunately it made absolutely no sense. There was a cute girl in the movie...but her presence made absolutely no sense.

Ong Bak 1 made me cry...it was the villagers. Ong Bak 2 made me cry...it was the elephants. I laughed alot during Ong Bak 3 though. They didn't even really attempt a plot or storyline in this last one. I mean it was there...and then it was also not there.

Oh...I saw Ong Bak 3 like LAST YEAR!
    I like me.

I love Tony but its time to put Ong Bak to rest. I think he should have stopped at part 2. Tony nearly lost his mind filming those movies and now I hear he left the industry to become a monk. Honestly I don't know if thats true but if is then hopefully its not forever. I was so looking forward to him and that chick from "Chocolate" hooking up for a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by odbayarb2000 View Post

Gee, I thought that the first Ong Bak had no story, well not much anyway and was bored to death. I never finished the movie. I can't imagine how this third installment can even be worse.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

I rather enjoyed Ong Bak 3.

Ong Bak 3 is a tired joke and Tony's tired too. It shows in the lack of spectacular martial moves.
    You are better off watching the Chocolate girl in Raging Phoenix where the good guys and gal do some mean hip-hop muay thai moves. Now that's coming up with something new for the audience; nevermind the storyline. Nobody watches chop-socky for wonderful drama.
    This girl is a breathe of fresh air after Tony's tiredness.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Ong Bak 3 is a tired joke and Tony's tired too. It shows in the lack of spectacular martial moves.
    You are better off watching the Chocolate girl in Raging Phoenix where the good guys and gal do some mean hip-hop muay thai moves. Now that's coming up with something new for the audience; nevermind the storyline. Nobody watches chop-socky for wonderful drama.
    This girl is a breathe of fresh air after Tony's tiredness.
    Well said Surferket!

Tony needs to wake up because if he don't the Chocolate girl is going to replace him in the industry. All that crazy fighting died a long time ago. And to think he was the new martial arts talent everybody was raving about and now he's all tried out. Bummer!!

The trailer I saw in the theatre wasn't that great anyway, and the fight scenes didn't even make much sense, as if basic intelligence didn't exist.

If your soldiers can't handle a guy on a hand-to-hand basis, please friggin use ARROWS.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Ong Bak 3 is quite good but ong bak 2 was far better .This time i thought there was some thing missing in script & Tony ignore some special parts of movie because it could be better movie.I think less research makes lack of some thing.That are my views.

I'm a little confused... are you all talking about Ong Bak 3 that just came out this year? Someone said they watched it last year.

Jaa Panom aka Tony Jaa was only awesome in the first Ong Bak which came out in 2003. When I heard they were making Tom Yum Goong, I was hoping for a good storyline and great fighting, but then there were conflicts during filming and I lost all hope. I hate it when they have too much money to work with, they tend to try to make it so 'international' that it becomes a joke. I liked the first Ong Bak because it was such a surprise to see so much from such a small production group, they worked with what they had. It had a spot in most Thai people's heart, whereas Tom Yum Goong had all the bling but lacked anything to hold onto. Oh and btw, Tom Yum Goong has nothing to do with the Ong Bak storyline, so some people need to stop misunderstanding that or remember that the title is Tom Yum Goong not Ong Bak 2.

Ong Bak 2, a prequel to the original Ong Bak came out in 2008. Even if most people don't see how it's connected because of the seriously aweful subtitles, it really does have a connection. Thai movie distributors need to hire some of my online friends who sub Thai dramas for free, seriously they do such a great job. Heck, if it's just a movie I can do it for free since I've done a 30 episode drama before.

As for the storyline of Ong Bak 2, I thought Jaa was trying too hard to make it a 'real' martial arts film that he forgot that he had a smaller budget to deal with because of his failure from TYG, and also his mentor the director of Ong Bak basically cut him loose after Jaa became an 'international' star. The dude was reported to being a butthead after going 'international' so I don't blame Mr. Pinkaew and Mr Rittikrai for not wanting to help him out. If Jaa can be an *** to the person who discovered him and gave him work when he was just a stuntman then he's no better than ****. Anyways... Jaa kind of went crazy during filming of Ong Bak 2 and went into the forest to follow a monk around to get back to his roots. And after apologizing to everyone and accepting that he messed up bad, people pitched in and helped him. Mr Pinkaew and Mr Rittikrai came together and pulled him out of his misery. I still find that Ong Bak 2 lacked a good storyline even with all that help. That was why I was waiting on Ong Bak 3. Until my friend in Thailand told me that it was again nothing compared to the original Ong Bak. Now, I don't even want to watch it.
    Last edited by GuGu; 10-19-10 at 09:28 PM.

I watch it for the fight choreography, and I find that Tony Jaa delivers. Tom Yum Goong was my kind of thing, joint locks.
    Ong Bak 2 is every kid's fantasy, ninjas, pirates, katanas, Drunken Boxing and Hung Gar.

Gugu,

Ong Bak 3 is only slightly better off than Ong Bak 2 which tried to be a Chinese Martial Arts movie.

You are better off watching Chocolate and Raging Phoenix if you want to see people try to be original with limited budget and resources.

any film with tony jaaa is beast
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket View Post
    Gugu,

Ong Bak 3 is only slightly better off than Ong Bak 2 which tried to be a Chinese Martial Arts movie.

You are better off watching Chocolate and Raging Phoenix if you want to see people try to be original with limited budget and resources.
    I have seen Chocolate and I did like it. Raging Phoenix.. not so much.