Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Guys generally steer clear of Rom-Coms/Dramas (Chick-Flick)?

anybody like Windstruck?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    anybody like Windstruck?
    Watch this and then watch My Sassy Girl hehe. You will recover from the sadness and the depress, trust me, hehe .

There is also Il Mare and the awesome Bittersweet Life which is sentimental, brooding and badass at the same time. My favorite combination hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    What? I never said that guys are more likely to drag their girlfriends. Yes, we'd have to assume that a similar percentage of guys would go see "chick flicks" because they were dragged by their girlfriends. That's exactly my point, the testosterone action flicks are the equivalent of the chick flicks. I don't know why some of you can't grasp that. There are certain types of movies that generally attract more males and other types attract more females.

The only female so far who like Rambo in this forum is Cesare. Did I forget anyone else? You?

I would say pretty much all of Sylvester Stallone's movies are a turnoff to most females except maybe the Rocky series, even then I don't think so. Hmm... what else... Movies with Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude van Damme, Steven Seagal, Michael Dudikoff and John Cena. Some of the Governator's movies like Commando and Predators. Do you get the drift of what type of action flicks I'm talking about?
    I agree completely, though I can stomach a dumb action movie if forced I won't like it. I've never seen a Chuck Norris movie...hearing Chuck Norris jokes so much has turned me off. That goes for Mr T as well...who is he anyway?!

Jean-Claude had one or two that I liked, I liked Street Fighter, even though it wasn't the best film made, at least the characters actually look similar to the game characters...The Legend of Chun-Li and Dragon Ball Z movies really annoyed me.

Sylvester Stallone's had a few more that I liked, he had some comedies that I quite enjoyed.

I think that even if it's a dumb action movie, if the plot is good, the acting is great then they are sure to attract female audiences as well, same way as if a chick flick was exceptionally good, some guys will like them as well.

Quoting Rambo and Dear John, Rambo was good, it had great action scenes and the plot premises wasn't bad but the problem lies with the fact most females will find it hard to identify with the character. Same thing goes for Dear John, it was a good movie, but it felt long winded and 'stable', the plot moved at a even pace and the characters lived more within themselves then their outside world, male movie goers will no doubt find the film to slow moving and the characters to heavy.

This is so off topic...

for the guys on the board, name 3 chick flicks you saw and liked. Films like Forgetting Sarah Marshall don't count.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I agree completely, though I can stomach a dumb action movie if forced I won't like it. I've never seen a Chuck Norris movie...hearing Chuck Norris jokes so much has turned me off. That goes for Mr T as well...who is he anyway?!
    There are no Chuck Norris jokes, only facts about the man.
    Mr. T? Come on, The A-Team! I pity the fool ... that's just general pop culture knowledge. Though this reminds me, I still need to watch the A-Team movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I think that even if it's a dumb action movie, if the plot is good, the acting is great then they are sure to attract female audiences as well, same way as if a chick flick was exceptionally good, some guys will like them as well.
    If it has a good plot and good acting, it's probably a good movie and not a "dumb" one. And just for me, I've seen much more good action movies than romance/chick flicks.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Watch this and then watch My Sassy Girl hehe. You will recover from the sadness and the depress, trust me, hehe .

There is also Il Mare and the awesome Bittersweet Life which is sentimental, brooding and badass at the same time. My favorite combination hehe.
    sassy girl will get you out of sadness but not windstruck, still i like windstruck better, not a big fan of korean drama, these are the only two i've seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    sassy girl will get you out of sadness but not windstruck, still i like windstruck better, not a big fan of korean drama, these are the only two i've seen so far.
    Oh sorry, what I meant to say is, your depress and sadness because of watching Windstruck can be remedied by directly watching my Sassy Girl back to back hehe .

If you notice, even though the movie is not related, but the director (same director for both movies) intentionally filming the ending of Windstruck at the train station continuing into the Sassy Girl opening. Some people even accept that Windstruck is the prequel for Sassy Girl which is not.

Tim Burton?!? Was that just a random comment or are you saying Rambo is a Tim Burton movie?

Canuck, Sorry, that was a random comment, not linked to my topic on Rambo.

Was this the one with the overhead view, and you walked around with a knife and collected all sorts of items like grenades and first aid packs? I had this one back in the day. Never got very far in it though.

darkscer, i think so. i forgot most of the game, except that its overhead view. those days, games were simplistic.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.