Thread: Can anyone provide me w/ a brief review of what you think of these series?

Default Can anyone provide me w/ a brief review of what you think of these series?

I've always been interested in Li Shimin's reign so I'm looking to see if any of these are worth watching. Have any of you guys seen any of these? In terms of acting, which one was best? In terms of historical accuracy, which one was most accurate? Thanks!

Qin Prince Li Shimin (秦王李世民) (2004) - a 40 episodes TV series starring Peter Ho as Li Shimin

Become (开创盛世) (2006) - a 48 episodes TV series starring Shen Xiaohai as Li Shimin

Zhenguan Changge (貞觀長歌) (2006) - a 82 episodes TV series featuring the events of the Zhenguan era. Tang Guoqiang starred as Emperor Taizong.

Zhen Guan Zhi Zhi (贞观之治) (2007) - a 50 episodes TV series starring Ma Yue as Emperor Taizong.

Quote Originally Posted by Liling View Post
    Qin Prince Li Shimin (秦王李世民) (2004) - a 40 episodes TV series starring Peter Ho as Li Shimin

Become (开创盛世) (2006) - a 48 episodes TV series starring Shen Xiaohai as Li Shimin

Zhenguan Changge (貞觀長歌) (2006) - a 82 episodes TV series featuring the events of the Zhenguan era. Tang Guoqiang starred as Emperor Taizong.

Zhen Guan Zhi Zhi (贞观之治) (2007) - a 50 episodes TV series starring Ma Yue as Emperor Taizong.
    I've seen several episodes of Peter Ho's Li Shimin and sadly, Peter does not have that presence or charisma to play the role as I've seen in (Miu Kiu Wai and Sean Lau) in the past. I wouldn't accredit this adaptation to be entirely accurate though, there's some fabrications and some characters were made to be younger than they actually are.

I haven't seen Shen Xiaohai as Li Shimin, but he looks like someone who could take on such a role and do well in it.

As for Tang GuoQiang, I believe Lady Zhuge will soon let you know since she's a big fan of his.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.