Thread: Concerts

Default Concerts

Post any concerts you've seen of any kind, as well as any future ones or ones on your wish list .

Mine:
    Concerts attended: Dir en grey (x2), Family Values Tour (once), British Sea Power, (x1), my friend's band (x3 - I didn't put the name of the band for my own anonymity, but if anyone's interested in checking them out, feel free to contact me), Miyavi (once), the local symphony (at least 4 times I think).

Future: Dir en grey and Apocalyptica (coming week!), X-Japan (October).

Wish List: Way too long but let's see - MUCC, Faith No More, Peeping Tom, Mondo Cane, Jane's Addiction, Gogol Bordello, Dillinger Escape Plan, Radiohead, RHCP, Franz Ferdinand, Shiina Ringo/Tokyo Jihen, Tool, Lady Gaga just because why not, good symphony concerts, jazz concerts (missed the local jazz festival this year unfortunately).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

I have been to a few large rock/pop concerts (Kid Rock, Nickelback, Jessica Simpson, KoRn, etc), and I didn't like any of them because the performer was a pea-size in the big venue. You end up looking at the TV screen, which IMO defeats the purpose of going to the concert.

On the other hand, I very much enjoy the small venue concerts in a regular room, small club, or block party. This way I feel more connected to the artist, and the music becomes more personal.

(More interestingly, after I typed the above, it made me wonder if my preference is related to my personality: maybe b/c I am introverted, I prefer small setting w/ fewer people, to large setting w/lots of ppl)
    Last edited by PJ; 08-17-10 at 01:15 AM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I have been to a few large rock/pop concerts (Kid Rock, Nickelback, Jessica Simpson, KoRn, etc), and I didn't like any of them because the performer was a pea-size in the big venue. You end up looking at the TV screen, which IMO defeats the purpose of going to the concert.

On the other hand, I very much enjoy the small venue concerts in a regular room, small club, or block party. This way I feel more connected to the artist, and the music becomes more personal.

(More interestingly, after I typed the above, it made me wonder if my preference is related to my personality: maybe b/c I am introverted, I prefer small setting w/ fewer people, to large setting w/lots of ppl)
    The smallest gig I've ever been to was in the side area of a bar, which couldn't have contained more than 50 audience members standing. The biggest gig I've been to was at the Albert Hall, which would have had an audience of some 3000. My most commonly visited venue was the London Astoria. I've never been to any really huge music venues, although I have watched football at Wembley.

I've went to a Kelly Clarkson's concert couple years ago. I thought she was as good live as in studio. She seemed very nice and also liked to joke around too. I really liked her performances. Her opening act was John McLaughlin, and he was awesome as well. It was well worth it, especially since the tickets were free to begin with. : ) My only regret was that I didn't bring any camera or recording device. I also went to an outdoor concert that had Marie Digby, Ace Young, Lifehouse, and Daughtry. I didn't really stayed for Daughtry even though he was the main act, but I did enjoy Lifehouse's performances. This concert was pretty good because you can walk around and by stuff or just sit/stand and listen to the music. It's a good family outing.

I wish I can go to Radiohead and Coldplay's concerts one day. I'll probably save up and buy those t-shirts that they usually sell too.

Wonder Girls & 2pm - 2010

Lady Gaga - 2010

Enjoyed Lady Gaga's concert. One of the few concerts where I knew almost every song.

Wonder Girls - um, not too good at all. It was pretty ... sad.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Poking around on youtube, found a gig which I went to. They were playing their singles in chronological order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjOmE81yDc

i just went to one, 'the vienna boy's choir'...was a good performance those boys put up. ^__^ had a great time.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.