Thread: Chinese-speaking Malay 98.8 DJ Jamal in trouble

Default Chinese-speaking Malay 98.8 DJ Jamal in trouble

Chinese-speaking Malay DJ in trouble

By Patrick Lee

PETALING JAYA: Popular 98.8 FM DJ Jamaluddin Ibrahim has been asked to go on leave after receiving a letter from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).
    Known as Jamal to his fans, the DJ hosts the “Say Hi to Malaysia” morning programme from Monday to Friday.

“I was notified by the management yesterday evening to take leave for the present,” he told FMT, adding that his leave was “indefinite”.

Jamal said the radio station received a letter from the MCMC which carried a complaint about his programme.

“The letter said that my comments have influenced the security of the country. (It also said) my comments on race relations were not acceptable,” he added.

Asked if he knew why a complaint was filed, Jamal replied, “I really don't know. The MCMC didn't mention (if there was) something wrong.”

The DJ has been asked to report to the MCMC's office in Cyberjaya tomorrow morning.

Queried about his future plans, Jamal said: “I don't know. I think I need a break.”

His fans have expressed anger and disapproval over his sudden removal. "I really don't understand the real decision behind all (of) this," said Stanley Chun on 98.8 FM's Facebook page.

"The management must explain the true reason for Jamal's dismissal. What is the charge? Let the people be the judge,” added another fan, Loo Kok Leong.
    98.8 FM is one of three radio stations owned by the MCA-controlled Star Publications (M) Bhd.

The son of former Malayan Communist Party (MCP) leaders Shamsiah Fakeh and Ibrahim Mohamad, Jamal spent much of his early life in China.

Born in Beijing, his family was allowed to return to Malaysia in the mid-90s.

Despite numerous attempts, the radio station's officials could not be reached for comment.

The Link
    http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/fmt...-dj-in-trouble

Have anyone here know any reason why he was removal ?

What were the exact words that got him into trouble? Surely as much as this should be released?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I was very shocked and upset when I listened to “Say Hi to Malaysia” and his co-host said he will be on leave indefinitely.

What exactly he said that got him into trouble we can only find out when Jamal go to MCMC the next day.

I love listening to Jamal in “Say Hi to Malaysia”. He's very outspoken with his thought but, I find him very objective as well.

“Say Hi to Malaysia” is a program that talk about a lot of current issues that happen in the country and let the public to phone in to give opinion as well. Maybe some people are offended by some issues they talk about.

Honestly speaking, if what Jamal said (of all the things I've heard him said in his radio show) can influence the security of the country, then all those racist columnists in a certain news paper should be sent to ISA. Those columnists have been clearly inciting racial hatred and writing blatantly racists articles, but, no one took them to task. Jamal, who is all for racial harmony is suspended?

Situation seem really bad. Jamal's facebook page has been taken down. This afternoon, it's still up and lots of people has written in to express their support.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-19-10 at 01:07 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Latest news.
    http://www.merdekareview.com/news/n/14596.html
    http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1531070

988 CEO 黄莉娥 and Program director 陈嘉荣 are suspended.

Other news
    http://khookaypeng.blogspot.com/2010...-988fm-is.html
    Last edited by kidd; 08-19-10 at 09:00 PM.

Today no “Say Hi to Malaysia”. So unused to it.

More news
    http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/140609

2 management staff and 3 DJs have been suspended or asked to take leave.

The DJs are Jamal, Qiu Yue and Xiao Ma.

Today, they just invite a few singers to promote their charity concert. I know the singers are innocent, but, I can't help feeling animosity towards the concert.

More news
    http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/140510

The reason is supposed to be in one session, they invited well known social commentator Ngeo Boon Lin to their show and he talked about racial issues.

I still think that if this is the reason Jamal and group got suspended and investigated, the columnists of that certain newspaper should all be investigated. No one fuel racial hatred more than them.

I guess the following is the crucial reason.

Excepts
    不过,欧阳文风解释,当天他们谈论种族主义课题,旨在鼓吹种族和谐,破除种族之间的刻板印象。

“我们是要鼓吹种族和谐,例如一些华人对其他种族的态度不好,使用粗俗的字眼形容其他种族,种族之间存有太 多刻板印象。其实我们是在推广种族和谐,消除种族刻板印象。”

欧阳文风说,他们在讨论中也肯定马来人特权,以及新经济政策的扶弱济贫精神,只是抨击一小撮人利用新经济政 策来中饱私囊,使到种族之间的贫富距离没有拉近,导致富者愈富、穷者愈穷的情况出现。
    Last edited by kidd; 08-20-10 at 12:52 AM.