Thread: The Expendables (2010)

Default The Expendables (2010)

I'd like to report that I finally saw the flick the day before yesterday and loved every minute of it. Well, maybe except for Mickey getting all emotional but even that scene had a certain charming over-the-topness to it; still it is worth noting that the only bit of the movie that got ambitious in terms of conveying meaningful messages was also undoubtedly the most awkward one.
    Sly still knows how to deliver and how to be cool. Statham's fighting scenes were GRAND (but then, I do have a soft spot for knife fights), Li was surprisingly functional as the comic relief and Lundgren was sheer awesomeness and badassery embodied. Eric Roberts was a great villain, I enjoyed his performance a lot (he looked like he was having fun with it). Other guys didn't get to do much, but when they did get to do something, it was a delightful watch. Esp. Crews and his AA-12...
    Oh yes - the church scene was absolutely lovely.

Been listening to Diamond Eyes nonstop these past two days.

The boys are back in town - even though it's just for a class reunion...;-)
    Last edited by Cesare; 08-21-10 at 04:57 AM.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

I saw this with my boyfriend and his friends on Tuesday. I personally really liked it. Now granted, it didn't have great plot or acting (except for that one Mickey Rourke scene, but then again Mickey Rourke is awesome in general), but the action made up for everything. Also the cheesy dialogue, that was hilarious.

I really liked Couture and Crews, even though they were more minor characters. Crews because of the huge gun he had and Couture because of how he punched Austin into the fire and back.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

haha this movie was hilarious! dialogue consist of nothing but one-liners! I really enjoyed it....a sort of stroll down memory lane.

Banned

Yes I watched this movie in theatre and as per my view movie is ok not so good. there are some nice fight seance and I really like movies direction and camera work but I am disappoint with its story. so ultimately movie is just ok nothing more.

just saw the film. not bad, reminds me of the stuff from the 90s lol. i bet it woulda been better if john woo directed this. overall decent movie.

8/10
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

I fell asleep at the beginning of the movie. I have to watch it again, but from what I saw before I fell asleep, it's not impressive.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?