Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can't Buy Me Love 《公主嫁到》

Default Can't Buy Me Love 《公主嫁到》

CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - 公主嫁到
    32 EPISODES (AUGUST 23 - OCTOBER 2, 2010)
    [Replacing: Beauty Knows No Pain]

Cast: Charmaine Sheh, Moses Chan, Kenneth Ma, Linda Chung, Fala Chen, Susanna Kwan

Synopsis:
    In order to avoid marrying to Tufan (Tibet), the spoiled Princess Chieu Yeung (Charmaine Sheh) hurriedly searched for a Fu Ma (prince consort). The person-in-charge of goldsmith store Ting Loi Hei (Susanna Kwan) volunteered as their family 2nd son Gum Do Luk (Moses Chan) and 3rd son Gum Do Sau (Raymond Wong) are still single. She hopes that the marriage will solve their financial crisis. The brothers are close to each other and in order to save their family business, Do Luk agreed to the marriage. They did not expect the Princess to be so domineering and arrogant after arriving into their family. She requested for Gum family to bow and practice royal formalities toward her. Even the highest authority in Gum family Grand Madame Gum could not escape it. In addition, the Princess' handmaiden Szeto Ngan Ping (Fala Chen) has an overbearing attitude and disrespects everyone, including official matchmaker Ting Yau Wai (Kenneth Ma). The Gum family refused to be bullied and united to rise against them. However, Gum family servant girl Ng Sei Dak (Linda Chung) who was known for her super strength betrayed them and stood on the Princess side. The Princess versus Fu Ma; their repeated fighting and reconciliation; using all sorts of tricks and methods. In the end, their fight was brought to the royal palace and the Emperor have quell them down himself... Marrying a royal princess, of course you hope to enjoy riches, but marrying a spoiled princess, can endurance really turn into gold?

Credit
    Sehseh
    idlemindsehseh.blogspot.com

http://idlemindsehseh.blogspot.com/s...&max-results=4
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-31-10 at 03:24 AM.

I'm loving Charmaine in this. She's freakin hilarious!
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

Thank you for amending to the correct credit for the synopsis.

This series have so many reference / parody of BTROC scenes
    Last edited by sehseh; 08-25-10 at 12:32 PM.

The BTROC references are great!!! The Princess is so anti Sam Ho - I love it!

The only thing I find unappealing is Gum family singing/clapping and dancing. Err..

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    The only thing I find unappealing is Gum family singing/clapping and dancing. Err..
    I agree its annoying but I think its Moonlight Resonance parody. I'm waiting for Sweet Lotus Nut (the turtle from BTROC) to make an appearance. LOL

I really did roll on the floor in shock when they

click to show/hide spoilers
    sang Sam Ho's fortune windmill song and changed all the lyrics and she went nuts.

ooo time to start this series, cant wait!
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

This series is really hilarious. It's like 'A Bride for a Ride'. It's silly comedy, but, when you watch together with a group of people, you will laugh yourself silly.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The Kam family was the unreasonable one in Episode 5. Granted, the Princess lacked tact in her speech (however, she is a royalty after all), but they blamed all their mistakes on Princess and Ngan Ping. In fact, I think she was quite lenient to them, seeing how the other princesses treat their husbands.

p.s. I loled when the Princess brought out the crow...

The Kam family was the unreasonable one in Episode 5. Granted, the Princess lacked tact in her speech (however, she is a royalty after all), but they blamed all their mistakes on Princess and Ngan Ping. In fact, I think she was quite lenient to them, seeing how the other princesses treat their husbands.

agree

i dont think charmaine did anything wrong actually.

ps: they pulled a moonlight resonance signature scene at the end of eps 5 lol

Episode 1 - Teary.

Oh my, I just watched episode 1 and I got extremely teary within 30 minutes.

The conversation between the third son, Raymond Wong and Kwan was very touching, despite Raymond's rather stiff acting. Kwan really knows how to jerk all my tears out.

The beginning of Moses and Charmaine battling out was freakin hilarious! I absolutely love the screenwriters of this series.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

that was a good one, I'm glad the Kam family didn't get away with the lies- they are starting to annoy me. Linda's character not getting to my good graces either.

they used same little girls to portray young Charmaine/Fala as the ones playing young Charmaine/Tavia in Beyond. I really like Charmaine's character - not big flower vase.

I haven't watch the series properly yet. Just skipping scenes (with watch properly later). But, from the little I see, I really don't like the Kam family.

When the Princess wanted a divorce, they all got scared and worried. But, when they found out that they don't need to give back the land or something, they became elated. All felt happy to get rid of the Princess. I'm really disgusted by their action. They used the Princess for their own benefit and then happy to get rid of her when they didn't need her anymore. Also, the way they scolded her. Has anyone thought for 1 minute that, if it has not been the Princess, they will all still be living a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I haven't watch the series properly yet. Just skipping scenes (with watch properly later). But, from the little I see, I really don't like the Kam family.

When the Princess wanted a divorce, they all got scared and worried. But, when they found out that they don't need to give back the land or something, they became elated. All felt happy to get rid of the Princess. I'm really disgusted by their action. They used the Princess for their own benefit and then happy to get rid of her when they didn't need her anymore. Also, the way they scolded her. Has anyone thought for 1 minute that, if it has not been the Princess, they will all still be living a lie?
    actually that sounds like reality but yea i dotn agree w/ their actions. at least tvb didnt try to make the perfect perfect good family again like moonlight resonance

I can't believe that the 3 brothers thought up of the sleaziest method(s) to get rid of the Princess, instead of the lesser 'misconduct'. Especially the drug rape part

Earlier the whole Kam family was rounding up and screaming at the princess in her own palace ('yan dor har yan siu'). Self righteous claims on how dignity, virtue is important, how 'morally strong' their family is... blergh...

The only funny part is where they filed for divorce in the matchmaker office.. and Do Luk's nightmare.

I can't believe that the 3 brothers thought up of the sleaziest method(s) to get rid of the Princess, instead of the lesser 'misconduct'. Especially the drug rape part

Earlier the whole Kam family was rounding up and screaming at the princess in her own palace ('yan dor har yan siu'). Self righteous claims on how dignity, virtue is important, how 'morally strong' their family is... blergh...

The only funny part is where they filed for divorce in the matchmaker office.. and Do Luk's nightmare.
    Yes, I was so angry at that part too. Such hypocrites. The 3 brothers were so gleeful about it. At least, the women have more conscience.

Do Luk himself was angry when the Princess accused him of having affair with the Chor Kiu. So, he should know the feeling of being wrongly accused. For the Princess, it's a genuine misunderstanding. But, Do Luk actually want to set a trap for her and thing there's nothing wrong with it.

Also, I can't believe grandma went a lot with scheme to frame Princess for theft. They gave the excuse that the Princess won't get much punishment, so, it's ok. But, the important point is not the punishment, but, being accused of things one didn't do.

The Kam family are such hypocrites. They only talk dignity and virtue when it benefits them.

the kam family really seem realistic tho, almost like reality for most families

I wonder if the name of the place that the fumas go to training is a word play of the Ms HK charity organisation.

The Ms HK organisation is 'Wai Yin Nga Jap', the place where fumas go to training in 'Jun Yin Nga Jap'.

I wonder if the name of the place that the fumas go to training is a word play of the Ms HK charity organisation.

The Ms HK organisation is 'Wai Yin Nga Jap', the place where fumas go to training in 'Jun Yin Nga Jap'.
    No wonder that name sound so familiar

1st and 4th Fuma wanted to win the heart of their wives.
    2nd Fuma wanted to be a monk, even for a day
    5th Fuma wished to become a widower (wah, he hate his wife so much)

No wonder that name sound so familiar

1st and 4th Fuma wanted to win the heart of their wives.
    2nd Fuma wanted to be a monk, even for a day
    5th Fuma wished to become a widower (wah, he hate his wife so much)
    1st and 4th Fuma so 'sing han' (誠懇).
    But, why 1st Fuma turn so camp when he put on the make up? Speak and act like woman liao.

2nd Fuma sees through red dust already. lol
    5th Fuma, hates is wife so much. Must be really oppressed at home.