Thread: Iberia

Default Iberia

Hi, I cancelled my Iberia reward flight/s ticket from LHR to MAD to South America via phone in March. To the best of my knowledge, a reward flight cannot be cancelled online through Iberia Plus. So I called Iberia Plus on their UK line, and they claimed I'd get an email within 24–72 hours. I, on the other hand, never did. The cancellation occurred over 48 hours before the first trip, and the terms and conditions allow for a full refund of money and Avios if made more than 24 hours before the first flight. The person verified that a refund will be granted in a few days, but it never came. I filed two formal complaints, and they claim that they are non-refundable, which is absurd given that all of my flights were with Iberia. I believe the issue is that the tickets were issued since they did not process the booking cancellation in a timely manner internally. That is their problem, but I am trapped and have little written documentation other than a reference number indicating the date of the conversation because it is part of the number. I will also submit a subject access request for the information they have on file about this booking and the phone calls concerning the cancellation. Should I move to Small Claims Court if they still do not repay me, incurring more costs?
    Are there any other ideas for what I could do?

Dealing with airlines and cancellations can be quite a hassle, and it sounds like you've already gone through a lot to resolve the issue. It's good that you have a reference number from your conversation, which serves as proof of your attempt to resolve the matter. Before considering Small Claims Court, there's one more thing you could try. Have you considered reaching out to consumer advocacy groups? They might be able to offer guidance on how to proceed and could advocate on your behalf to the airline. As you mentioned, you could also explore the option of moving forward with the Small Claims Court if other avenues don't lead to a resolution. However, it's essential to weigh the potential costs and time involved with taking this legal route. Remember, situations like these can be complex, and seeking legal advice or assistance might be beneficial. I recommend you to read this post here, which provides some additional insights and ideas on how to handle similar issues with airlines and cancellations. I sincerely hope that your situation gets resolved positively soon and that you get the refund you rightfully deserve. Dealing with such matters can be tough, but it's essential to remain persistent and advocate for your rights. Good luck!