Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Filipino Contestant Isn't Allowed in This Year's Miss Asia Pageant

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I am sensitive, it can be good or bad. I will usually take notice of the expression besides listening to what they say (because sometimes expression don't telly with words and words can be lies). I feel what people say and observe their gestures.
    You might think you are very accurate and deduce everyone's true feeling accurately, but, it isn't so. All perceptions are marred by past experiences. I'm also a very sensitive person, very perceptive of people's feeling. But lately, I found out that many a time, my perception was actually not accurate. Everyone is different and think differently. When you use your own value, your own past experience, your own personality to judge what others are thinking, your judgement might be skewed. In an argument, the other person might just be arguing the point with you, or attacking your point, but, you might perceive that the other person is attacking your value and you as a person. I'm guilty of this all the time, and I realise that, and trying very hard to not think this way.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

QUOTE=LucreI found myself in this trap at times, and then I'll step back and reflect, I realized I was clouded by mis-judgement, partly out of our own inbuilt arrogance. Humans are by nature 'sinful', so the devil doesn't really need to work very hard to lead us astray. It's more dangerous if we blocked out that possibility. Sometimes you sounded a little aggressive or heated up in forums in particular, so I'm just a friend who wanted to tell you something contrary. In the end, it is you who will have to access the situation.

I don't feel good when one who claims to be your friend takes me out in the public and talk things when that can be done in the private. When I have problems or I find the need to talk things out with my friend, or vice versa, we'll do the talking in a private corner. We don't have to dish it out in the public, whether it's advise or pointing out a mistake since the public is a more messy place to settle anyway.

we are very different people, so sometimes communication between us ain't easy. What seemed like this to you, wasn't really what I am, and vice versa. ^_~

Yepp. And to add on, one being honest with their feeling doesn't mean they don't have to consider how another would feel. Usually, I would do to another according to how I was treated by that person.

He always gave us a choice, that is why He is worthy of our love. Rather, He is so wonderful, that we wanted to be near Him, and the only way to do so is to listen to Him. I am glad you felt Him with my reminder. Praise the Lord. ^_^

I do feel the changes when I have been so distant from Him, missing out services and bible study. The nasty feeling in me gets stronger.

My friend, humans always stray...in fact each time we 'sin', we strayed. 'sin' doesn't have to be some mortal sin you are committing, but 'sin' simply means turning away from God. By allowing ourselves to behave out of Christian context, we are already turning away from Him.
    You shall be in my prayers. =) Pray that you would always walk closely with our Lord.

Thank you very much.

BTW, what was the thing about 'holding joss sticks is against Christianity teaching' again? I just held the sticks at my bestie's grandma's buddhist wake. She's like my partially a grandma to me, I just did that in respect of the tradition and may her rest in peace.

Each time we gave in to our human weakness, the devil has a stronger hold each time we took a step further away from God. Guard your heart, my friend.[/QUOTE]

I try, friend, but I'm now very distracted with a handful of matters to settle.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    You might think you are very accurate and deduce everyone's true feeling accurately, but, it isn't so. All perceptions are marred by past experiences. I'm also a very sensitive person, very perceptive of people's feeling. But lately, I found out that many a time, my perception was actually not accurate. Everyone is different and think differently. When you use your own value, your own past experience, your own personality to judge what others are thinking, your judgement might be skewed. In an argument, the other person might just be arguing the point with you, or attacking your point, but, you might perceive that the other person is attacking your value and you as a person. I'm guilty of this all the time, and I realise that, and trying very hard to not think this way.
    To be honest, the main contribution of anger has to be the need to post power long replies and reading long replies. I am no patience and lazy to read and post reply that isn't interesting, actually. Very cumbersome to find the right words, form and phrase them yet you find the need to. words are sensitive, there are people who will quote you for words you casually put in and probably say "this is defaming", "damaging" and blah blah all kinds of nonsenses. Then you can't condense all your reply into a simple line like "What da fcuk?" because you've temporary ran out of vocabulary.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-01-10 at 01:20 PM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I am also guilty of such things and am struggling to work towards being more open minded towards others. Probably I will continue making certain value judgements for my personal behavior but I'm trying to stop making them towards others that I don't know well and are not my friends or loved ones. I have found that spur of the moment comments instigated by feelings don't really represent my actual thought processes well.

I don't feel good when one who claims to be your friend takes me out in the public and talk things when that can be done in the private. When I have problems or I find the need to talk things out with my friend, or vice versa, we'll do the talking in a private corner. We don't have to dish it out in the public, whether it's advise or pointing out a mistake since the public is a more messy place to settle anyway.
    I feel the same way too! I think that personal dignity is something that every human being holds dear.

BTW, what was the thing about 'holding joss sticks is against Christianity teaching' again? I just held the sticks at my bestie's grandma's buddhist wake. She's like my partially a grandma to me, I just did that in respect of the tradition and may her rest in peace.
    I'm sure your God will understand respect for tradition is quite important. OK, that was another personal value judgement of mine. Sorry.
    -----------

Hey, are we off topic?
    I like me.

I don't feel good when one who claims to be your friend takes me out in the public and talk things when that can be done in the private.

I usually do that, but I will only stick to that way if that friend appreciates my efforts.

There is nothing against holding joss-sticks to show respects in the Roman Catholic Church. This is one aspects our opinion differ with other protestant churches.

To be honest, the main contribution of anger has to be the need to post power long replies and reading long replies.

sure, my post is very short this time.
    Last edited by Lucre; 09-01-10 at 06:50 PM.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I am also guilty of such things and am struggling to work towards being more open minded towards others. Probably I will continue making certain value judgements for my personal behavior but I'm trying to stop making them towards others that I don't know well and are not my friends or loved ones. I have found that spur of the moment comments instigated by feelings don't really represent my actual thought processes well.

I feel the same way too! I think that personal dignity is something that every human being holds dear.

I'm sure your God will understand respect for tradition is quite important. OK, that was another personal value judgement of mine. Sorry.
    -----------

Hey, are we off topic?
    True, we are all clouded by our judgement. I think the issue is, whether we will respect another one regardless of our own personal bias-ness. That also extends to racism, nationalism, etc.

Yeah, everyone has minimum set of personal dignity. That's why, when one chose not to respect that and step others below oneself, the only way one can learn is to experience the shoes of those one has stepped.

i am quite crazily self-righteous by most people's standards. =p sometimes I tried not to.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Heh, very funny, Canuck. It's not funny for someone who received a relative's call in the middle of the night and tells you their relative has passed on. And it's still a mystery whose gun shot them.
    I don't find the tragedy funny at all, but you do realize that you're being racist right now? I kind of understand that emotion runs high at the moment. I would probably have the same reaction, but that doesn't mean the way you're calling the Filipinos is right. I just wanted to point that out.
    My obsessions: Joy Division, New Order, Bones, The Office.

Do bears bear? Do bees bee?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Hahah! Little singers, little producers, little actors/actresses. I love how people are now poking fun at that Miss Lam.
    The lady and her friends are so messed up. Their patriotism towards their race is so extreme.

I'm listening to her youtube. She's so racist and really look down on the Filipinos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJA8vTQGohE

More update. Really can't stand them. It's sentiments like this that prevent true racial harmony in a country.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCa6WHFNMB8

She said HKer are being discriminated, but, she didn't realise that she has been racist towards the Filipinos as well, calling them slaves and servants.

That man is the second clip is even more extreme. He said 'we chinese, from Tang dynasty until now, also doesn't have racism discrimination. There are always foreigners working as ministers in China'.
    I don't know whether I want to laugh or puke. Chinese doesn't have racial discrimination? Please. This guy must have lived under a rock all his life or he is blind towards the racial discrimination happening all around him because he belongs to the majority race in the country.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-01-10 at 09:23 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

That man is the second clip is even more extreme. He said 'we chinese, from Tang dynasty until now, also doesn't have racism discrimination. There are always foreigners working as ministers in China'.
    I don't know whether I want to laugh or puke. Chinese doesn't have racial discrimination? Please. This guy must have lived under a rock all his life or he is blind towards the racial discrimination happening all around him because he belongs to the majority race in the country.
    Because racism has become 理所當然, so it doesn't come off as racism to people like him.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Because racism has become 理所當然, so it doesn't come off as racism to people like him.
    Well he's either deluded or a liar; but we can give this person the benefit of the doubt since there are plenty of deluded people around, who are blatantly racists but failed to realize that. Sometimes, being too arrogant make them blind to their flaws, remaining deluded for a very long time.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Chinese chauvinism isn't exactly a new idea, people. I'm a bit surprised that you're all so...surprised.

I've found it to be pretty endemic among each of the Asian national/cultural groups. Hell, I'll take it a step further and say it's pretty endemic among most human national/cultural groups, although some are more in-your-face and unapologetic about it than others.

I'm listening to her youtube. She's so racist and really look down on the Filipinos.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJA8vTQGohE

More update. Really can't stand them. It's sentiments like this that prevent true racial harmony in a country.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCa6WHFNMB8
    Geez - What are they thinking?

I'm vomitting blood this minute.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.