Thread: How much research do you do for your trips?

Default How much research do you do for your trips?

On a typical trip/vacation where you are the principal planner, how much time do you spend on planning ahead of time?

I consider myself to be an overplanner (plan too much). I probably spend 0.5 hour of planning for every 1 hour of trip time. For example, if the trip is 3 days, that is 3 x 24 hours = 72 hours, / 2 = 36 hours, so I spent 36 hours planning for a 3 day trip.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Wow. That's a lot of planning. I like to live in the moment. I prepare a list of things I want to do beforehand and then decide which one to do when I get there depending on time, money, and convenience.

For me, a vacation would be too stressful if I have to follow a strict timetable.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    On a typical trip/vacation where you are the principal planner, how much time do you spend on planning ahead of time?

I consider myself to be an overplanner (plan too much). I probably spend 0.5 hour of planning for every 1 hour of trip time. For example, if the trip is 3 days, that is 3 x 24 hours = 72 hours, / 2 = 36 hours, so I spent 36 hours planning for a 3 day trip.
    What the shiznits! That's a lot of....numbers and math. GAWD. hahaha that's cute. I research obsessively and have a list of places or activities that I want to do before hand. I'm more like CrazyT here, and just kind of go with the flow. Sometimes I just wander around.
    I like me.

oh usually my mom is the planner for tours and such. so all i do is to get ready the $$$, pack my suitcase, and follow, like a sheep would.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.