Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which gender eats more healthy and less junk food than the other?

Default Which gender eats more healthy and less junk food than the other?

I notice some guys eat fast food and junk food like they don't care about their weight or health. Some guys just don't like vegetables and seldom eat it unless it's in a form of a sauce. While there are some guys work out and eat right and eat less junk food.

Do guys generally eat more junky fast food or does it just depend on certain people's choices?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

It's about the same between the two sexes.

However, when the guys eat crap, they know it. A lot of chicks I know think they eat healthily because the media says so, but they don't. Don't get me started on their joke low-fat diets, vegetarian diets, detox diets etc.

Same goes with exercising.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Alot of women deprive themselves of food, so it's a losing battle there.
    I'd say they are about the same. Though a small fraction of men do sports, and depending on how seriously they take it, they tend to look after their diet somewhat.
    Eating for health and performance beats out image and beauty reasons. But not that many guys do sports or exercise.

it's probably the same, but considering that there are more overweight men that passed themselves off as 'big boned', I shall vote 'MEN'!
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Eh, big boned, like BBW, is exclusive to the Womaniverse.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Eh, big boned, like BBW, is exclusive to the Womaniverse.
    Oh. Is that what BBW means? Big Boned Woman? I never knew what it stood for before. But then again, it could mean Big Black Woman, but that wouldn't sound PC?
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Big Bloated Woman.

I refuse to use the politically correct second B word in that acronym.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    I refuse to use the politically correct second B word in that acronym.
    I'm pretty sure that's only reserved for fetishism, so you're good. Unless you have a BBW fetish.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Isin't calling someone big boned another way of saying "Oh my, she is like sooooooooo fat".

Honest or Lie?
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    Isin't calling someone big boned another way of saying "Oh my, she is like sooooooooo fat".

Honest or Lie?
    well actually i call a fat person FAT, and per big boned person BIG BONED. those two are not the same terms. a bigboned person can be skinny, though usually bigboned people looked horrible without meat cos all the bones are sticking out ~

o wilku mowa...♪

Scenario:

- A fat guy can land a girl. Maybe not very pretty but decent enough.

- Whereas it will be extremely hard for a fat girl to land a guy. Honestly, all guys (99%) are superficial.

Ie, guys eat more junk.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Quote Originally Posted by milKBoi View Post
    Scenario:

- Whereas it will be extremely hard for a fat girl to land a guy. Honestly, all guys (99%) are superficial.

Ie, guys eat more junk.
    well, i guess it also depends on 'how fat'.
    o wilku mowa...♪

There are people that I would describe as being big boned. They're not fat, just a strange square shape. The circumference of their wrist, for both males and females, is much larger than others. My brothers are two of these males. On sight, you would think of a wall rather than fat. But there is nice definition in their overall shape and musculature. One of them stands at only 5'10 but weighs 250 pounds. The younger one is very short-- like no taller than 5'5 and weighs 180 pounds but same nice triangular waist line and not overly muscular. I'll be frank though, this is them [and me currently] letting ourselves "go". The family, yes the family including mom and dad, will all start a new diet and exercise program next week.

Scenario:

Ie, guys eat more junk.
    In my experience, it has not been this above. LOL I have noticed that heavily overweight men AND women will find it difficult to find mates. However, a fat woman will still have access to sex while it's much harder for the fat man.

As far as food choices go, uhhhmmm. When my brothers or guy friends pig out, they're more likely to eat REAL food like red meat or...well, they eat lots of meat. Some of them favor starches like potatoes/mash potatoes/french fries. Girls, on the other hand, are more likely to eat chocolate, potato chips [well both sexes really], or various cakes. Actually, now that I think about it, my brothers, left to their own devices, will make a snack out of anything that's edible....I would say males snack more. But I kind of feel that they need to eat more overall. I feel repulsed by males who eat less than me. I am a notoriously picky eater. My indulgence is sleep.

Left to my own devices, I rarely snack because I don't buy snacks. It just doesn't occur to me to do so. I will snack if it's free and in front of me though . My mother did not buy snacks and leave them around the house either when I was growing up.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 09-08-10 at 09:23 PM.
    I like me.

hmm, i have small bones, but I'm fat. polite people will tell me otherwise, like "no that's not fat, you're just big-boned'; because im taller than most average singaporean girls (im like 5'5, yea, girls in singapore arent very tall =p) ~ you can still have small boned, tall, but fat girls around. (the other word they used was, voluptuous?) LOL.

compared to most caucasion girls, my wrists are significantly smaller; and these girls are like my height, and i think, less meaty. (so i call them big-boned)

i insist, i don't eat alot (at least not at one go); but im guilty of having 5-6 meals in a day.
    o wilku mowa...♪

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    hmm, i have small bones, but I'm fat. polite people will tell me otherwise, like "no that's not fat, you're just big-boned'; because im taller than most average singaporean girls (im like 5'5, yea, girls in singapore arent very tall =p) ~ you can still have small boned, tall, but fat girls around. (the other word they used was, voluptuous?) LOL.

compared to most caucasion girls, my wrists are significantly smaller; and these girls are like my height, and i think, less meaty. (so i call them big-boned)

i insist, i don't eat alot (at least not at one go); but im guilty of having 5-6 meals in a day.
    You're supposed to eat 5-6 small meals in a day. Well, so says conventional diet wisdom. Voluptuous, is not about being fat. HaHaHaHa It's about having curves in all the right places...what should be slim is slim and what should be generous is plentiful in the case of voluptuousness, sometimes known as "thick". Lucre is that you? Girl don't be shy.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    You're supposed to eat 5-6 small meals in a day. Well, so says conventional diet wisdom. Voluptuous, is not about being fat. HaHaHaHa It's about having curves in all the right places...what should be slim is slim and what should be generous is plentiful in the case of voluptuousness, sometimes known as "thick". Lucre is that you? Girl don't be shy.
    i think i have small meals, but girls over here have meals that looked smaller than my small meals. go figure ~

if im busy, then i have just three...but that's my minimum.

i certainly have difficulty finishing an american serving, for example.

voluptuousness - ah...because of the word 'fat' being sensitive, people are starting to use 'voluptuousness' instead (then again, how many 'fat-girls' are 'not-curvy'?eg. i'd not spotted a washboard for a reasonably plump girl)
    o wilku mowa...♪

voluptuousness - ah...because of the word 'fat' being sensitive, people are starting to use 'voluptuousness' instead (then again, how many 'fat-girls' are 'not-curvy'?eg. i'd not spotted a washboard for a reasonably plump girl)
    HaHaHaHaHa that's funny HaHaHahaHa
    I like me.

In my experience, it has not been this above. LOL I have noticed that heavily overweight men AND women will find it difficult to find mates. However, a fat woman will still have access to sex while it's much harder for the fat man.
    That's because "fat" people tend to have more problems with impotence--and it is usually more visible in the male

As far as snacking goes...I like to munch

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    I notice some guys eat fast food and junk food like they don't care about their weight or health. Some guys just don't like vegetables and seldom eat it unless it's in a form of a sauce. While there are some guys work out and eat right and eat less junk food.

Do guys generally eat more junky fast food or does it just depend on certain people's choices?
    Girls do eat a lot of junk food but I think guys are worse than girl as you can see they have shorter life expectancy.

My brothers are two of these males. On sight, you would think of a wall rather than fat. But there is nice definition in their overall shape and musculature. One of them stands at only 5'10 but weighs 250 pounds. The younger one is very short-- like no taller than 5'5 and weighs 180 pounds but same nice triangular waist line and not overly muscular. I'll be frank though, this is them [and me currently] letting ourselves "go". The family, yes the family including mom and dad, will all start a new diet and exercise program next week.
    5'10 weights 250 and 5'5 weighs 180 lbs are, unless they are body builders, indeed overweight if not obese. I am 5'6 and weigh 135 lbs and the doctor told me not to gain any more weight. Anyway, I have problem too as I have high cholesterol as I ate too much crabs, lobster, shrimp, ect... However, I change my life-style recently for the better. I go for healthier diet and burning 200 calories on the treadmill everyday and planning to increase overtime. My goal is to lower my cholesterol to an ideal level.

Can you post your picture? I don't think you are fat

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    5'10 weights 250 and 5'5 weighs 180 lbs are, unless they are body builders, indeed overweight if not obese. I am 5'6 and weigh 135 lbs and the doctor told me not to gain any more weight. Anyway, I have problem too as I have high cholesterol as I ate too much crabs, lobster, shrimp, ect... However, I change my life-style recently for the better. I go for healthier diet and burning 200 calories on the treadmill everyday and planning to increase overtime. My goal is to lower my cholesterol to an ideal level.
    Yes, their hobby is/was going to the gym and lifting weights. 5'6/135 lbs and your doctor told you not to gain anymore weight? Those are the same stats as a girl friend of mine and she's rail thin...
    I like me.