Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Too Late To Say I Love You 《来不及说我爱你》 - Wallace Chung, Li Xiao Ran

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/4334a6b78a7bfec530add1a5.jpg')
    Does anyone know what the director is doing in here? I don't recall that scene requiring Wallace to be wet or was she lubricating something?

I love that pic with Xiao Ran sitting on Qi Fang's lap. They look like sisters. Wish I can sit like that with my good friend too. Must be very fun filming this show.

Ah, so sad to hear the dog died. I wonder whether they clothed the puppy in that cold weather. Only the ice scenes are filmed in Haerbin right? So why didn't they choose a warmer location to film the scenes with the puppy? Or maybe the puppy still died when it was around melting point?

Bubble in my head: how come in that era, no-one thought of dressing their pets for the cold?
    Last edited by Nefertari; 10-01-10 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Typo

For some odd reasons, Li Xiao Ran sometimes looked great in the drama, other times she looked rather aged...well, at least older than Wallace Chung and she's a few years younger than him~! ...why does men usually age slower than women! so unfair! ...but of course, i should not be complaining since Wallace Chung as Murong Feng is great eye candy...
    Yes, that was one of the things that bothered me in the show.

At the beginning, they managed to make Xiao Ran look younger, or almost the same age as Wallace. She was always given great costumes. Even towards the middle, she had great hairstyle and still look like MRF's age.

But towards the end, they cut her fringe! I absolutely dislike that hairstyle. She definitely looks like in her early 30s, but shouldn't they make Wallace look older too with make-up?

Aging is cruel to women. They shouldn't exaggerate this fact in the show. I feel my complaint should be directed towards Wallace's make-up artist. He never aged a day in the show, though he should be close to 40 at the end. In fact, he looked younger and more like JW's little brother. Should have paid attention to this detail, producers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Does anyone know what the director is doing in here? I don't recall that scene requiring Wallace to be wet or was she lubricating something?

I love that pic with Xiao Ran sitting on Qi Fang's lap. They look like sisters. Wish I can sit like that with my good friend too. Must be very fun filming this show.

Ah, so sad to hear the dog died. I wonder whether they clothed the puppy in that cold weather. Only the ice scenes are filmed in Haerbin right? So why didn't they choose a warmer location to film the scenes with the puppy? Or maybe the puppy still died when it was around melting point?

Bubble in my head: how come in that era, no-one thought of dressing their pets for the cold?
    The puppy scenes were filmed at the Military Governor's Mansion. Guess poor insulation and no central heating at such a historical site? Not quite sure where that mansion is located. I'm assuming it's still in Liaoning Province. I just remember someone suggested using the famous 20th century warlord Zhang Xueling's residence in Shenyang for the drama, but the idea was turned down by the director or something.

The director was spraying water on Wallace cuz he was supposed to be out waiting in the rain with JW to beg for her father's forgiveness. Guess he wasn't wet enough...

Love this wallpaper!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/3d49f72b44e1747e1e30890e-1.jpg')
    Higher resolution
    http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o...7e1e30890e.jpg
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-02-10 at 12:23 AM.

really nice drama..............

I just remember someone suggested using the famous 20th century warlord Zhang Xueling's residence in Shenyang for the drama, but the idea was turned down by the director or something.

The director was spraying water on Wallace cuz he was supposed to be out waiting in the rain with JW to beg for her father's forgiveness. Guess he wasn't wet enough...

Love this wallpaper!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/3d49f72b44e1747e1e30890e-1.jpg')
    Higher resolution
    http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o...7e1e30890e.jpg
    Did you hear some fans said that MRF's life is quite similar to Zhang Xueliang? As in both became generals as their fathers 'passed on' the position to them and they're very loyal to their country. I also heard the part where JW was abandoned by MRF, that was quite similiar to the way Jiang Jieshi abandoned his first wife.

I often feel sorry for Zhang Xueliang. He could have reached greater heights being the great man he is.

Luv that pic in the wallpaper. JW and MRF looked very nice together as husband and wife.

Yeah, lots of people do say that MRF is based on a mixture of Zhang Xue Liang and Jiang Jie Shi. The author has denied this, but obviously the producers of the TV series thought that it was too much of a politically sensitive subject. Originally in the book, MRF was "Liu Shao", but in the TV series it was changed to "Si Shao". Why? Because ZXL's nick name was "xiao liu zi".
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

Smile

The puppy died? I'm a puppy lover and I loved the scenes with the puppy because he was just so cute! Now I wonder if all that whining and crying from the puppy during those scenes were because the poor little thing was freezing. Poor, poor thing! My heart just can't stand the knowledge that the little puppy died!

Now that a few people have mentioned about the fact that Li Xiao Ran looks older than Wallace Chung in the series, I feel free to contribute my opinion without fear that I will get stoned by the Li Xiao Ran fans. Before the series came out, I already thought that Li Xiao Ran looked quite older than Wallace in the pictures everyone posted on the series in the Wallace Chung thread. I don't know why, but Li Xiao Ran looked like she aged quite a bit in those pictures, despite her real age being 2 years less than Wallace's. Then, when I actually watched the series, I was relieved to find out the she appeared quite compatible with Wallace in the very beginning of the series. However, toward the middle of the series, after her character was abandoned by MRF and she returned back to her parents' village, she looked old and austere, with that heavy bun at the back of her neck. The fringe did nothing to make her look younger. That schoolmarm heavy bun just aged her a lot. Now, contrary to the majority of the opinions here, I thought her last hairstyle at the very end of the series, the one without the fringe, made her look younger than the bun style did. She still looked like someone in her 30s, but the bun made her look like someone in her 40s.

Wallace Chung just seems to be blessed with young good looks. It's a fact that most men age better than women. SO UNFAIR! That's why we should all marry men who are older than we are, so we'll still look younger compared to them! But I digress. Going back to Wallace Chung, I think he just needs to play opposite an actress much younger than he is in order for the actress to still look young next to him! I wonder who's the lucky gal playing his female lead in his next series?

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Now that a few people have mentioned about the fact that Li Xiao Ran looks older than Wallace Chung in the series, I feel free to contribute my opinion without fear that I will get stoned by the Li Xiao Ran fans. Before the series came out, I already thought that Li Xiao Ran looked quite older than Wallace in the pictures everyone posted on the series in the Wallace Chung thread. I don't know why, but Li Xiao Ran looked like she aged quite a bit in those pictures, despite her real age being 2 years less than Wallace's. Then, when I actually watched the series, I was relieved to find out the she appeared quite compatible with Wallace in the very beginning of the series. However, toward the middle of the series, after her character was abandoned by MRF and she returned back to her parents' village, she looked old and austere, with that heavy bun at the back of her neck. The fringe did nothing to make her look younger. That schoolmarm heavy bun just aged her a lot. Now, contrary to the majority of the opinions here, I thought her last hairstyle at the very end of the series, the one without the fringe, made her look younger than the bun style did. She still looked like someone in her 30s, but the bun made her look like someone in her 40s.

Wallace Chung just seems to be blessed with young good looks. It's a fact that most men age better than women. SO UNFAIR! That's why we should all marry men who are older than we are, so we'll still look younger compared to them! But I digress. Going back to Wallace Chung, I think he just needs to play opposite an actress much younger than he is in order for the actress to still look young next to him! I wonder who's the lucky gal playing his female lead in his next series?
    I don't think it's so much that Li Xiao Ran looks older than Wallace. I think it's more of Wallace looking a lot younger than his supposed age.

Li Xiaoran doesn't look old for someone in her early 30s. She just have that wiser, mature maternal look compared to Wallace's baby face. Wallace look very convincing as a 25 yr-old general, but they never make him look older or act more dimensional as the show progresses. He looks more lovelorn after JW left, but not like a man who had been through major upheavals of his time. I felt his acting or perhaps the script can be worked on there, given his character was supposed to be a brilliant man who had been through much adversity in his early life. He didn't reflect his character's tenacity weathered by life's vissicitudes enough. Li Xiaoran's character on the other hand showed continuous growth and development throughout the series. Like you, I was disappointed with the bun. It destroyed her natural charm and beauty! I thought she looked most beautiful in her 'general's wife' clothing. If they could make her look young at the beginning, why can't they continue with it. The bun and fringe does not help but instead exaggerate the fact that she's more matured-looking than Wallace.

Aside from that, I have no other complaints. Actually I do have one. Jinzhi's *** should be kicked!! I just felt the production team should take notice of the leads' make-up and see whether they're compatible.

At least, Wallace should feel aged or more mature as the show progreses into his 30s and 40s. They should also add more depth to his character given that he's not born a common man.

Quote Originally Posted by LiYuanZhi View Post
    Yeah, lots of people do say that MRF is based on a mixture of Zhang Xue Liang and Jiang Jie Shi. The author has denied this, but obviously the producers of the TV series thought that it was too much of a politically sensitive subject. Originally in the book, MRF was "Liu Shao", but in the TV series it was changed to "Si Shao". Why? Because ZXL's nick name was "xiao liu zi".
    I don't know why the author denied that her characters/plotline were not inspired by the history of Zhang Xueliang and Chiang Kai Shek...I think there's too much of a coincidence...even the way Jing Wan found about Murong Feng's betrayal is supposedly the same as how Chiang's second wife found out about her divorce.

anybody know when is this series coming out?

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...AAAE7828BCC507

Here's the link to the English subtitled version. Wylane on youtube translated the first 3 episodes already. It'll be great if we have a team effort to sub/translate this drama. It definitely deserves some recognition. I personally would love to sub this drama but one-person subbing 36 episodes sounds quite daunting...

Does anyone know how we can create a tv series profile on spcntv for this drama? It seems none exists for this drama yet.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 10-14-10 at 06:56 PM.

Here's the link to the English subtitled version. Wylane on youtube translated the first 3 episodes already. It'll be great if we have a team effort to sub/translate this drama. It definitely deserves some recognition. I personally would love to sub this drama but one-person subbing 36 episodes sounds quite daunting...

Does anyone know how we can create a tv series profile on spcntv for this drama? It seems none exists for this drama yet.
    That's an interesting thought. If it does end up progressing to more than just an idea, let me know, because I'd definitely be interested in helping out.
    门前若无东南西北路,此生可免悲欢离合情

thank JoleCole, so far so good. Love Wallace character

So what happened to the subbing project? I haven't been keeping up with all the news lately due to working conditions. I can't volunteer to sub since I don't have much spare time. If I do, I'd end up pushing the work to other volunteers halfway through.

The show hasn't come to my country yet. China has been making good original shows as long as it isn't a remake or some overblown large scale epic.

JoleCole, do you know any other site w/ English sub for this series?

I've just started watching this series and have been trying to avoid visiting this thread in case of spoilers. So far I haven't really gotten into the story yet - it seems a bit cliche. Hopefully it'll get better.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

where can you watch this series in English sub?

Just started watching this; actually the plot is somewhat cliche (as mentioned by Lady Zhuge) but the main leads are doing such awesome jobs that they've got me hooked! This is probably the first time I've seen Wallace Chung display such charisma and intensity in his acting that I can't help but fall for Si Shao despite his flaws (though I've yet to reach the part where he abandons Jingwan). I agree that Li Xiaoran seems a little too matured appearance-wise for someone who is supposedly a young girl. She looks more like a grownup woman in her late 20s or early 30s. She does seem to have aged quite a bit (I remember she was a real beauty in "Seven Swords" but that was years ago) but thankfully her chemistry with Wallace draws my attention away from it. Unlike Wallace though, I find LXR's acting a little inconsistent; at times her crying is so good she makes you feel for her but at times she seems wooden and delivers her lines in a daze.

Qi Fang is doing a brilliant job as Jin Zhi; although I know she's the villainess, I can't help but notice how suave, cool and sharp her speech, actions and movements are. She just exudes this "step-on-my-tail-and-you're-dead" vibe without much effort. At first I couldn't place my finger as to where I've seen her before but then I realised she plays the princess in "Da Qin Di Guo" (The Qin Empire). She was very pretty in that series and her character there is somewhat similar to here (capable, independent and willingly marries a man who doesn't love her) but without the vindictiveness.

I usually dislike watching Min Guo dramas, especially those with sappy romantic plots or war themes but this seems to be the exception.
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 02-08-11 at 01:04 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Somehow the ending is not what I expect