Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Too Late To Say I Love You 《来不及说我爱你》 - Wallace Chung, Li Xiao Ran

After completing the series, I can't help but go back and re-watch the many lovely scenes with Si Shao and Jingwan. It's been quite a while since I've seen such an enduring onscreen couple which I strongly root for from beginning to end. I must say that both lead characters are extremely well-written and developed in this production. As much as I enjoy Li Xiaoran's performance, I can't help but imagine how it would be like if Gao Yuanyuan was cast as Jingwan since I really wish to see her pair up with Wallace Chung as lovers one day (although it seems quite impossible since she's concentrating mainly on movies now). Plus I think GYY would be able to carry off the role nicely too but oh wells, I'm still happy with the Wallace and LXR pairing in here!
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 02-12-11 at 12:05 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Smile

I just noticed that yesasia is now selling the Taiwan version of Too Late To Say I Love You, titled Endless Love. I am quite baffled by the title, Endless Love, as I am sure it is referring to Murong Feng's "endless love" for Jingwan, which is completely lost on me. Murong Feng may love Jingwan, in his own selfish way, but by no means is that love endless. To me, the phrase endless love implies an undying love that proves true through the test of time and hardship. Murong Feng, on the other hand, only loves Jingwan when it is convenient for him. But when it comes to choosing between amassing more power and staying loyal to a woman who has sacrificed her dignity/good name and left her family for him, well then, it is very obvious which choice he prefers. I don't consider that endless love. It's even comical and somewhat insulting that the story tries to paint Murong Feng as a romantic lover when he is only a man who sees the woman who loves him as an object that can be conveniently set aside when other "more important" matters, like power, come into play. Just my opinion... I love Wallace Chung, but I hate his character, Murong Feng.

Where can download this drama ya? I try watch the final episode but block by SME.So sad =(

Quote Originally Posted by candysling View Post
    Where can download this drama ya? I try watch the final episode but block by SME.So sad =(
    I don't know where you can download the drama, but you can watch it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo#p/c/0/yGjtIIQEwN4

Has anyone seen this promotion event for Too Late To Say I Love You? I notice Wallace fidgets a lot when he's at these types of promotion events, almost like a little boy who can't sit still in a classroom. And some of his facial expressions when other people are talking about him are priceless. Check out his expression at 10:18 when the director says she has known Wallace for about 15 years and remembers him when he was young and handsome. And he has this expression on his face, as if thinking, Oh, man. I guess she is implying that I am no longer handsome. Haha!

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2KoqTsV-RJc/

I try to watch it there too but some of the episode is missing. TT^TT Episode 31 part 3 is missing and episode 33 part 2 is blocked by SME. What's SME anyway??? All I can think of is SM Entertainment agency in Korea but what does it has to do with Chinese drama? Or maybe it's a TV station in China? Gahhh!!! I'm so frustated when I want to continue watching it but some of the episode is missing. huhuhuhuhu. I really like the drama and I'm so curious about what happened in episode 31. What happened after Jin Zhi shot Su ying? Su Ying died? Did she get chance to say anything to Pei Lin? How was Pei Lin response? And also what happened in episode 33??? GAH!!!! this is just like the most IMPORTANT part of the drama. The very first time they met each other again after such a LONGGGGGG separation. it must be very emotional and romantic. I hope somebody here will be kind enough to tell me. PLease tell me!!! please!!! Thanks! xie xie! TT^TT

Quote Originally Posted by Ljubimte Jj View Post
    I try to watch it there too but some of the episode is missing. TT^TT Episode 31 part 3 is missing and episode 33 part 2 is blocked by SME. What's SME anyway??? All I can think of is SM Entertainment agency in Korea but what does it has to do with Chinese drama? Or maybe it's a TV station in China? Gahhh!!! I'm so frustated when I want to continue watching it but some of the episode is missing. huhuhuhuhu. I really like the drama and I'm so curious about what happened in episode 31. What happened after Jin Zhi shot Su ying? Su Ying died? Did she get chance to say anything to Pei Lin? How was Pei Lin response? And also what happened in episode 33??? GAH!!!! this is just like the most IMPORTANT part of the drama. The very first time they met each other again after such a LONGGGGGG separation. it must be very emotional and romantic. I hope somebody here will be kind enough to tell me. PLease tell me!!! please!!! Thanks! xie xie! TT^TT

Su Ying died in Pei Lin's arms saying something like "I don't want die...wealth, fortune is still waiting for me.. etc" from the gunshot wound. Of course, Pei Lin is devastated by her death and goes to confront Jin Zhi for shooting Su Ying. They have big fight and Pei Lin gets so pissed that he wants to shoot Jin Zhi, but her father intervenes. After that, Pei Lin demands a divorce.

I think Pei Lin have an emotional reunion with Jing Wan at the end of ep. 32. He wants to abandon everything and start fresh again, but Jing Wan coldly refuses.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-27-11 at 03:00 PM.

hi! ^^ do you know where can I watch this drama? I try to watch it in youtube but sadly some of the episode is missing, the episode 31 and 33. TT^TT Those are very important episode. Do you know where can I watch or download it? if yes, please tell me. Or if you really have no idea where to download or watch, would you mind to tell me what happened in those two episode? Espc what happened after Jin Zhi shot Su Ying. and also the episode 33!!! that's the most important episode!! the first meeting of Pei Lin and Jing Wan after such long years of separation!!! >.< I will feel soooooo grateful if you wouldn't mind to give me a brief revision of what happen in those two chapter. Thank you so much!!

Reallly???? Woahhh.. I so love Pei Lin for that!!!! hao yang de!!! ^_______^ So what happen in episode 33??? The last scene I watched is Pei Lin dragged Jing Wan and said that he wants to take her to a place. What place is that? and what did they do in that place?? Do you know where can I watch those episodes? Thank you! ^^

Hmmm... I'm always curious about one thing. Is Wallace single or married? Who is his wife???

You can watch the entire drama here:

http://www.qiyi.com/dianshiju/lbjsai.html

Here's a good fanmade MV of the drama that also contains some spoiler scenes.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 05-27-11 at 03:15 PM.

Hmmm... I'm always curious about one thing. Is Wallace single or married? Who is his wife???
    I think he's single. In this clip while he's filming his recent drama 一触即发, the narrator says that Wallace is very envious of his friend Jimmy Lin as Jimmy is a happy father with a cute kid. Wallace expresses that he would love to be a father, too, but he doesn't have a girlfriend, yet.
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/nohgaKqYv0k/

Does anyone know if there's an OST for this series, or if that the song, "Sentimental Person" by Eileen Hu is released yet? Thanks! :]

does it have english sub?

Smile

hi! ^^ do you know where can I watch this drama? I try to watch it in youtube but sadly some of the episode is missing, the episode 31 and 33
    Really? You can't watch episode 31 and 33? It's weird, because I can watch those episodes. Try these links.
    Episode 31
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...90/xmKez3xr3hA
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...91/o11ojnbGX7s
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...92/OMg9fq5kx_s

Episode 33
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...96/6abcfWTquHs
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...97/elOuhFwd_Xk
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xiaobluo...98/5m211IKywzI

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    does it have english sub?
    Unfortunately, I haven't found a version of this series with English subs. I think this drama is pretty popular. There must be some fan-subbing sites out there that will do the English subs if you submit a request on their website. Do you understand a bit of Mandarin? If you do, you can probably still get the gist of the storyline.

I have a lot to say about the series already and I'm just on episode 23. I just want to get over all those sad scenes and skip to the ones where they are together..but I suppose the sad scenes are what makes the drama stronger >_< You just can't win with these bittersweet yet stunning scenes! I really do love the main characters, even though they have flaws that contribute hugely to the overall story, to me it also represents how humans are imperfect. Between hating Peilin for marrying another and the empathy I felt for Jingwan, it was also hard to decide for Peilin his next moves. Obviously he would choose to follow his lifetime ambitions but at the same time he had to make many sacrifices, letting Jingwan go while knowing that he disappointed the woman who gave up all that she had for him while he could not reciprocate. For this fact, I felt that his character was slightly redeemed...though only slightly. If he had chosen to not give her up and all his troops died, it would have been sad for me to see Jingwan blaming herself...their relationship was just never so simple to avoid sacrifices to begin with. Peilin really loved Jingwan but at the same time he's wanted to do well as a military commander (or whatever the Si Shao is...sorry my Chinese is terrible and I couldn't understand more than half of the military subplot because of this sad fact) all his life. Since Jingwan already gave up so much for him, I feel like Peilin felt that he could let her sacrifice a little more. That being said...Jingwan is just too nice of a character..after she left her home, she literally gave up everything and didn't complain one bit. Is it just me or does it seem like this gives all men the more encouragement to take their women for granted? I still don't know if Peilin knows how much Jingwan suffers because of him.

Does anyone know where this drama is subbed?? I've looked everywhere but gave up and decided to just watch the unsubbed videos. I understand the major plot but it saddens me that I can't understand most of the military terms or whatever the heck they are talking about...all I know is that guns are going off and bombs are hitting things -.- not to mention I might feel less inclined to fall asleep if I could just understand their words...*sigh*.

At first when I saw the pictures of LXR I thought she looked a lot more mature than Wallace. He looks really young and reminded me of a Korean actor that's in his early 20's LOL. I don't think LXR looks old..she actually has a very pure appearance but she does look like the motherly type from the beginning, while Wallace has a very youthful..enthusiastic..almost baby-like face. When I began the series though, I thought it worked out pretty well since LXR's calm and kind face really fit her character while Wallace's defined features really contributed to his somewhat ill-tempered and ambitious character. He totally looked like a leader right from the beginning. Their chemistry is great, they have really awesome kiss scenes! All these dramas I've been watching lately have really bland and awkward kisses..so this was a really nice change.

As for the rest of the story...I am so not excited for the sad parts which I know will come inevitably (not that they haven't already..in almost every episode)..I hope so much that it will be a happy ending. Is there no mainland China drama that has a nice happy ending?! Ok well I can name a few but still..-.-'

*rant done* XD

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I just noticed that yesasia is now selling the Taiwan version of Too Late To Say I Love You, titled Endless Love. I am quite baffled by the title, Endless Love, as I am sure it is referring to Murong Feng's "endless love" for Jingwan, which is completely lost on me. Murong Feng may love Jingwan, in his own selfish way, but by no means is that love endless. To me, the phrase endless love implies an undying love that proves true through the test of time and hardship. Murong Feng, on the other hand, only loves Jingwan when it is convenient for him. But when it comes to choosing between amassing more power and staying loyal to a woman who has sacrificed her dignity/good name and left her family for him, well then, it is very obvious which choice he prefers. I don't consider that endless love. It's even comical and somewhat insulting that the story tries to paint Murong Feng as a romantic lover when he is only a man who sees the woman who loves him as an object that can be conveniently set aside when other "more important" matters, like power, come into play. Just my opinion... I love Wallace Chung, but I hate his character, Murong Feng.
    I was wondering, what's the difference between the Taiwan version and the China version? I'm not quite sure..but would they dub it over or something?

I like Murong Feng but I seriously love your post haha xD Somehow it makes me feel like at least the fans have Jingwan's back x_x
    I'm not too sure why but I tend to favor the male lead in most dramas that I watch, I think it has something to do with how directors tend to show the female leads in a bad light? At least from the majority that I have seen. It upsets me since I wish that women can be represented in a stronger and more individual manner without being the villains of the show...if there are any more drama like that I'd watch it right away! I do feel that Jingwan is pretty strong, so that works well with me. And for once the male lead doesn't have to be favored by all and dazzily *perfect*, such a refreshing change.

Wow, Peony. That's quite a thoughtful and long comment for your very first post.

Usually, comments start spouting out of people's mouths once they get to episode 23. If you've read through this thread, you probably know pretty well how I feel about Murong Feng. While I understand he was "forced" to divorce Jingwan, I could never forgive him for not even discussing his dilemma with Jingwan first rather than trying to trick her to go off to France and then marrying another woman behind her back. Those are the actions of a coward, of someone who does not respect his wife. With Jingwan's kind nature, she'll be furious at first, but will eventually understand why he must choose the greater good of his soldiers' lives over her happiness. She may never forgive him for marrying another, and with her sense of dignity and her forward thinking for a woman of her times, she will probably leave him anyway rather than suffer being someone's concubine. But at least, if Murong Feng had discussed the situation with her rather than sneak around behind her back, she would not have felt so used, betrayed, and then thrown away like yesterday's dirty dishwater. He took away her family, her dignity, and left her pregnant and abandoned. If what he did to her was called love, then I shudder to think how he would treat someone he loathed. I won't say anymore, since I don't want to spoil the series for you.

I think this drama is only released in Mandarin. I have the same problem as you; I understand enough Mandarin to muddle through, but I am not fluent enough to know the intricacies of the military talk. Regardless, Wallace Chung's hotness has kept me wide awake throughout the whole series.

I have seen one particular promotion event in which only Wallace Chung and Li Xiaoran attended (sorry, don't remember the promotion link), and both actors mentioned that Too Late To Say I Love You was indeed the drama that had the most kissing scenes between the leads. I think Wallace explained that each kiss Murong Feng and Jingwan shared in the series represented a different phase the couple was going through in their lives. For example, the very first kiss they shared on the train was more of an impersonal one forced upon Jingwan just so Murong Feng could avoid being captured by enemy troops. At that time, he didn't love her. Then, the next kiss they shared was when Murong told Jingwan he did not want to be her brother. That kiss was full of frustration and anger and was also kind of Murong's way of staking his claim on Jingwan. Etc, etc. One thing I realized after watching this particular promotion event was how much I admired Wallace and Li Xiaoran's acting abilities! During the promotion event, they seemed affable enough to each other, but very professional, as one would treat a colleague or an acquaintance, but they didn't share the closeness of friendship. There was no sexual chemistry, not even any "good friends" chemistry. And yet, in the drama, they had great romantic chemistry. The passion was exploding through the TV screen. So bravo for such excellent acting!

I think there's this whole debate about how Li Xiaoran looks older than Wallace a couple of pages back. I would say that Li Xiaoran does not appear old and wrinkly, but she certainly has this very serene, mature, motherly (as you mentioned) aura about her, and that is what makes her "old" compared to Wallace, whose looks are somewhat boyish and bright-eyed. Perhaps this is why Wallace is playing opposite younger and younger actresses even as he matures. Actresses who are around his age plus or minus 1-2 years just seem too mature and older-sister-ish (or even motherly) next to his exuberance. For the most part, an actress really needs to be 6-10 years his junior to look younger than him. However, I doubt a younger, less experienced actress would have been able to do the character Jingwan justice.

I would also like to say that I think Qi Fang did an excellent job as well. She really brought to life her character's selfish, single-minded, tunnel-visioned obsession/love for Murong Feng, especially in the later chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Peony View Post
    I was wondering, what's the difference between the Taiwan version and the China version? I'm not quite sure..but would they dub it over or something?

I like Murong Feng but I seriously love your post haha xD Somehow it makes me feel like at least the fans have Jingwan's back x_x
    I'm not too sure why but I tend to favor the male lead in most dramas that I watch, I think it has something to do with how directors tend to show the female leads in a bad light? At least from the majority that I have seen. It upsets me since I wish that women can be represented in a stronger and more individual manner without being the villains of the show...if there are any more drama like that I'd watch it right away! I do feel that Jingwan is pretty strong, so that works well with me. And for once the male lead doesn't have to be favored by all and dazzily *perfect*, such a refreshing change.
    I'm actually a zealous Wallace Chung fan and not a Li Xiaoran fan, even though my post seems otherwise. However, in the drama, I really felt that Jingwan received the short end of the stick, so I had to speak my mind. Also, I took such a strong disliking to Murong Feng in the later chapters mainly because I loved him so very much in the beginning that it was such a disappointing blow to me when he proved to be far from the loving, gallant, handsome prince charming I wanted him to be. The more I love a character, the more I will hate him when he disappoints me later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I'm actually a zealous Wallace Chung fan and not a Li Xiaoran fan, even though my post seems otherwise. However, in the drama, I really felt that Jingwan received the short end of the stick, so I had to speak my mind. Also, I took such a strong disliking to Murong Feng in the later chapters mainly because I loved him so very much in the beginning that it was such a disappointing blow to me when he proved to be far from the loving, gallant, handsome prince charming I wanted him to be. The more I love a character, the more I will hate him when he disappoints me later on.
    Yes I agree, he is very likable in the beginning and afterwards it's just so disappointing because I had high hopes for him! I'm hoping he redeem himself later on but from what I've seen on this forum I'm guessing not. I didn't know about Wallace until this series, I should really watch more mainland dramas! Though I'll have to watch a comedy after this in order to "recover"..XD Especially with this forbidden love theme creeping onto the series, I probably won't be able to let go of this drama for a while haha
    Why do you like this series so much? If I disliked a male lead as much as you do, I would probably wouldn't like the drama as much as you seem to !