Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Too Late To Say I Love You 《来不及说我爱你》 - Wallace Chung, Li Xiao Ran

I want to ask why did jinzhi get pregnant if murong feng didn't touch her at all? D:

Also in the novel, does the 6 year old child belong to xinzhi and jing wan? jing wan had a very low chance of getting pregnant. Even if she did get together with xinzhi, I couldn't imagine her having such close contact with xinzhi in a year. Or was the child adopted?

Quote Originally Posted by ycdahiong View Post
    I want to ask why did jinzhi get pregnant if murong feng didn't touch her at all? D:
    I think he did sleep with her again after that one drunken incident. I don't remember which episode it was in, but Jinzhi pretended to be sick and asked Murong Feng if he would stay with her for one night.

By the way, I saw your comment in the Sealed With A Kiss thread and agree that Wallace Chung is freaking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think he did sleep with her again after that one drunken incident. I don't remember which episode it was in, but Jinzhi pretended to be sick and asked Murong Feng if he would stay with her for one night.

By the way, I saw your comment in the Sealed With A Kiss thread and agree that Wallace Chung is freaking hot.
    Thank you for agreeing with me haha. Because I feel so awkward when I'm with my friends. I'm only sixteen and I'm always crazy over guys that I watch in dramas LOL. I know!! And they are always in their early 30s. I do like guys in their 20s too like eddie peng etc. but I'm watching mostly china/hongkong dramas. One thing that makes me go crazy about a male lead in a drama where he is especially charming and loves-this-one-girl-in-his-whole life. Murong Feng met that criteria hehe. Wallace chung looks so hot in his army attire. But I must be selective because I actually saw some of his ancient photos and his hair is long so it didn't really appeal me.

I think he looks nice in Huo Xian Zhui Xiong / 火线追凶 and Night Rose / 夜玫瑰 but Night Rose was a pretty bad movie. Quite meaningless, I must say. Huo Xian Zhui Xiong was not bad, quite exciting and the female lead is actually Jin Zhi! Have you watch Pu Ti Shu Xia? If you have watched, do you think it is nice?

P/s: I actually liked Yan Kuan's character in Qin Shi Huang Fei but I thought that his character became so "soft" and he actually gave up his plan to fight for the position of the emperor so soon. I was "like what?!". He was so defensive at the beginning and even placed a mask, so I thought he couldn't change that fast just for a girl, right? At least, Shaoqian in Sealed With A Kiss still had his ambitions (he considered starting his own company and start afresh) and retained his coolness with Tongxue during the vacation in the beach. Haha, I always get so excited when I talk about dramas. Thank god I have a friend who also keep in touch with the Hongkong entertainment to share my views. People around my age are more to korean actors and singers (I like hyun bin though HAHA).

Thank you for agreeing with me haha. Because I feel so awkward when I'm with my friends. I'm only sixteen and I'm always crazy over guys that I watch in dramas LOL. I know!! And they are always in their early 30s. I do like guys in their 20s too like eddie peng etc. but I'm watching mostly china/hongkong dramas. One thing that makes me go crazy about a male lead in a drama where he is especially charming and loves-this-one-girl-in-his-whole life. Murong Feng met that criteria hehe. Wallace chung looks so hot in his army attire. But I must be selective because I actually saw some of his ancient photos and his hair is long so it didn't really appeal me.
    I like older men, too. Psychologically, women mature faster than men, in general. Therefore, a woman in her 20s will be more mature psychologically than a guy her same age. Therefore, I just prefer older men, as they are more established and are able to provide a better sense of security in a relationship. Plus, there is something about older men that turns me on. To me, they're simply sexier and more masculine.

Yes, I agree that Wallace looks especially hot in uniform, very tall and dashing. Have you seen Nei Xian, where he also plays a military man and dresses in uniform? It's more about espionage rather than romance, like Too Late To Say I Love You, but I think he looks very dashing in there as well.

I fell in love with Wallace Chung after watching his wuxia drama, Ni Shui Han, where he had a curly wig. It was not his best ancient hairstyle and I was initially aghast at the curls. However, I, as well as the majority of the audience, fell in love with his character and with him nonetheless after watching him in live action. I think you have to actually watch the series to know what I mean. The pictures don't do him justice. In live action, he's really HOT. It must have something to do with his screen presence. I wrote a short message about my views on Wallace's character, Gu Xi Zhao, in Ni Shui Han in the Wallace Chung thread. Click here to read. Also, click here to read my brief comparison of Wallace's characters, Murong Feng and Gu Xi Zhao.

I think he looks nice in Huo Xian Zhui Xiong and Night Rose but Night Rose was a pretty bad movie. Quite meaningless, I must say. Huo Xian Zhui Xiong was not bad, quite exciting and the female lead is actually Jin Zhi! Have you watch Pu Ti Shu Xia? If you have watched, do you think it is nice?
    I've seen a segment of Huo Xian Zhui Xiong on youtube. I kind of like it! It's like a cool detective drama and although I tend to like a clean-cut Wallace, he looks hot despite his slight facial hair and his jaded, marginally scruffy detective look.

I just saw Night Rose today on tudou! It was aimless, with pretty much no plot, but cute. Wallace and Ruby were cute together. The dog was cute, too.

I've already seen Pu Ti Shu Xia. It has 53 episodes, I think. It's quite draggy toward the end. It's very angst-ridden with lots of misunderstandings between the male lead (Wallace Chung) and the female lead (Lv Yi). Wallace looks very handsome in there with his traditional long Chinese gown in a few scenes. Even when he is in his "poor man's clothes" during most of the series, he still looks handsome. Hawick Lau plays the other man in love with Lv Yi's character, while Zhang Yi Mu and Yang Rui play the two other women in love with Wallace's character. Pu Ti Shu Xia is all right, if you don't mind weepy, angst-ridden dramas, with a long suffering, stoic heroine who doesn't stand up for herself and just keeps taking punch after punch without saying a single word. Wallace Chung's character is actually pretty likable, but he is just plain unlucky and keeps getting framed or beaten up. I don't like the drama because of (1) Wallace's shockingly minimal screen time compared to the other actors, (2) the character of Nong Pu Er (played by Zhang Yi Mu), the third wheel or "other woman" who keeps popping up in the Wallace scenes and ruining my enjoyment of what little Wallace scenes there are, and (3) the extremely draggy length of the series. However, I watched the series anyway, because I was hungering badly for Wallace, and while Pu Ti Shu Xia was not the creme of the crop, it at least satisfied my Wallace hunger. Click on the links below to read what I have to say about the drama. However, my comments below have a lot of spoilers, so don't read them if you don't want spoilers!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...l=1#post989052
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...l=1#post989967
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...l=1#post992808

P/s: I actually liked Yan Kuan's character in Qin Shi Huang Fei but I thought that his character became so "soft" and he actually gave up his plan to fight for the position of the emperor so soon. I was "like what?!". He was so defensive at the beginning and even placed a mask, so I thought he couldn't change that fast just for a girl, right? At least, Shaoqian in Sealed With A Kiss still had his ambitions (he considered starting his own company and start afresh) and retained his coolness with Tongxue during the vacation in the beach. Haha, I always get so excited when I talk about dramas. Thank god I have a friend who also keep in touch with the Hongkong entertainment to share my views. People around my age are more to korean actors and singers (I like hyun bin though HAHA).
    Yan Kuan is attractive, but his performance was only ok in QSHF, in my opinion. He lacks the screen presence and "wow" factor that actors like Wallace Chung have in a villainous role. Of course, this could also be due to his somewhat poorly written character in QSHF. Or perhaps, I just had too high expectations for his character Qiyou that I was very disappointed when his character and the drama turned out quite mediocre. (This is my opinion only, and I know Yan Kuan has a lot of admirers after starring in this drama.) The drama bored me so much that I stopped watching after episode 26, I think. There was too much squabbling amongst the palace women and too much emphasis on romance and not enough action.

^.^ I like reading all your different opinions on this drama. and I tried to read the novel version because the story actually sounds more intense and WOW... I can't even get past the first chapter because Chinese is so hard to read :/

Thanks for all the links. I think I shall watch Ni Shui Han because like what you have said, his roles is between the good and evil and it is this kind of roles that attracts me. I believe Wallace Chung role in Ni Shui Han must be really amazing because I really don't get his curly hair and it kind of disgust me. :-( I think I will watch Ni Shui Han followed by Nei Xian so that I can retain my impression of Wallace in his dashing uniform.

Also, I think Ruby Lin really choose ONLY HANDSOME male leads to act with. Such a lucky girl. I watched some videos and she insisted on having a handsome boyfriend LOL. Also, for Qin Shi Huang Fei, she actually said that she wanted it to be visually attractive. Like you, I watched QSHF with high anticiptation but after the part where Wallace Huo died, I stopped watching it. It was so draggy and yada. I think it is partly due to the structure of the novel. I read a summary of the original novel and the story was crazy with face-changing with the addition of Fuya getting pregnant.

Do you remember the 3 clips of Wallace's show you translated ? I just find a MV combining the clip #2 with some pics of the Magic Blade . Wallace was required to broadcast some odd news while changing his facial expression and host style according to the tips board . Below are the subtitle and what Wallace's said in this show .
    Where did you watch the MV? Youtube has very little videos of him. Maybe I will go to youku to find haha :-)

Can I ask you why is Yuan Hong so popular? Some thread that I went, they always choose him as their ideal male lead. Don't think he is that handsome though. Is it due to some role that caused him to be so popular among the netizens? He looks like Hong Kong actor Ray Lui to me :P

[source: dramawiki]
    From a proud emperor to a caring veterinarian, a sunshine boy to a calculating villain, Yuan Hong's acting is as versatile as the roles he takes on. His portrayal of Liao General Yelu Xie in "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" captured the audience's attention as he battled Yang Wu Lang not only in war, but also in love. He wrote in his blog that he was originally offered the role of Yang Wu Lang, but after reading the script, he insisted on playing the antagonist Yelu Xie. He jokingly said, "I'll bet everything I have, that as long as they don't get an imbecile to play the role, anyone will shine as Yelu Xie." His successful portrayal of the Liao general earned him his next role as Yang Kang in "Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008."

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    ^.^ I like reading all your different opinions on this drama. and I tried to read the novel version because the story actually sounds more intense and WOW... I can't even get past the first chapter because Chinese is so hard to read :/
    At least you can read enough Chinese to attempt to read the novel. I wouldn't be able to do that at all.

Thanks for all the links. I think I shall watch Ni Shui Han because like what you have said, his roles is between the good and evil and it is this kind of roles that attracts me. I believe Wallace Chung role in Ni Shui Han must be really amazing because I really don't get his curly hair and it kind of disgust me. :-( I think I will watch Ni Shui Han followed by Nei Xian so that I can retain my impression of Wallace in his dashing uniform.
    Yeah, I don't know why he has curly hair in Ni Shui Han. I don't know what's wrong with the hair and makeup department for that series. I didn't think I would like Wallace Chung's Gu Xi Zhao when I first started watching Ni Shui Han. I have previously seen Julian Cheung in TVB dramas and liked him a lot, so I thought I was going to absolutely love Julian's character. But then, somehow the villainous Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace) was so much hotter than the hero (Julian), even with the bad hair. The first 1-2 episodes are quite artsy fartsy, not really my style. But then if you watch beyond the first few episodes and Wallace's Gu Xi Zhao starts to reveal his evilness, it gets exciting. You'll find his ruthlessness sexy and his total devotion to his wife so romantic. Of course, everyone's taste in dramas is different, so I can't guarantee that you'll love Ni Shui Han as much as I do. However, judging from the hundreds and hundreds of fan-made MVs on Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace) out there, I think the general consensus is that fans love this villain. It has been 7 years since Ni Shui Han was first released, and yet I can still find new fan-made MVs on Gu Xi Zhao, a testament to how popular his character is. I guess girls just love a handsome bad boy who loves only one woman.

Here are a few MVs on Gu Xi Zhao below. I'm not sure if you've seen them before. I don't believe they contain any spoilers for Ni Shui Han, so they should be ok for you to watch.
    This MV is on Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace) and his wife Fu Wan Qing (Song Jia):
    http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/8593/t82.mp4

This MV is on Gu Xi Zhao (Wallace):
    http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5872/sbe.mp4

This MV is a combination of Wallace's characters (Gu Xi Zhao and Li Nan Xing) from two different series, Ni Shui Han and Patriotic Knights:
    http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/6984/grn.mp4

I couldn't understand Nie Xian's plot very well, since I don't understand Mandarin very well. The espionage really confused me. However, I was quite happy just seeing Wallace Chung and Sun Fei Fei run around pointing guns at people.

Also, I think Ruby Lin really choose ONLY HANDSOME male leads to act with. Such a lucky girl. I watched some videos and she insisted on having a handsome boyfriend LOL. Also, for Qin Shi Huang Fei, she actually said that she wanted it to be visually attractive. Like you, I watched QSHF with high anticiptation but after the part where Wallace Huo died, I stopped watching it. It was so draggy and yada.
    Ha! I don't blame Ruby Lin. I would want to surround myself with handsome men, too! Unfortunately, even the handsome Yan Kuan and Wallace Huo could not keep my attention for long, because the plot was so boring. Plus, I truly believe a successful story/drama needs a captivating villain who can help carry the story forward. QSHF lacks that type of villain. I don't know if it's Yan Kuan's lack of screen presence, the poor characterization of his Qiyou, or a combination of both, but I just don't find his villain character exciting enough. I even stopped watching way before Wallace Huo's Lian Cheng died.

Where did you watch the MV? Youtube has very little videos of him. Maybe I will go to youku to find haha :-)
    I find most Wallace Chung MVs on tudou.com and youku.com. Tudou has the most videos on Wallace Chung.

Can I ask you why is Yuan Hong so popular? Some thread that I went, they always choose him as their ideal male lead. Don't think he is that handsome though. Is it due to some role that caused him to be so popular among the netizens? He looks like Hong Kong actor Ray Lui to me :P

[source: dramawiki]
    From a proud emperor to a caring veterinarian, a sunshine boy to a calculating villain, Yuan Hong's acting is as versatile as the roles he takes on. His portrayal of Liao General Yelu Xie in "Shao Nian Yang Jia Jiang" captured the audience's attention as he battled Yang Wu Lang not only in war, but also in love. He wrote in his blog that he was originally offered the role of Yang Wu Lang, but after reading the script, he insisted on playing the antagonist Yelu Xie. He jokingly said, "I'll bet everything I have, that as long as they don't get an imbecile to play the role, anyone will shine as Yelu Xie." His successful portrayal of the Liao general earned him his next role as Yang Kang in "Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008."
    You're correct. Yuan Hong is not classically handsome, as I think his chin juts forward a bit too prominently. However, Yuan Hong has won over a lot of fans with his portrayal of villains like Yelu Xie from Young Warriors of the Yang Clan and Yang Kang in LOCH 2008. He has what actors like Wallace Chung has - a screen presence that just screams for attention when he walks onto the screen. Like Wallace Chung (and Gilbert Lam, another actor I love who simply shines in villain roles), Yuan Hong excels in villainous roles. That is why he is so popular. Again, just like you have to watch Wallace Chung's Gu Xi Zhao to experience the full impact of his charisma, you also have to watch Yuan Hong's Yelu Xie in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan to understand why he is so popular.

All right.... Here's my attempt to get you to read my fanfic. I am currently writing a story with Wallace Chung in it. He is sort of a gray character in my story and straddles the fine line between good and evil. I hope you will find some time to give it a try. But if you don't wish to read, I understand and won't be offended. Thank you, either way.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

And if you like the prequel story above, please give my original story a try, too.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay

In the drama, JingWan eloped on the day of her marriage to go find PeiLing at his battlefield which caused her fiance to get revenge on them both. Did this occur in the novel??? because in the drama it was because of her fiance that kind of put PeiLing in a dangerous situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    All right.... Here's my attempt to get you to read my fanfic. I am currently writing a story with Wallace Chung in it. He is sort of a gray character in my story and straddles the fine line between good and evil. I hope you will find some time to give it a try. But if you don't wish to read, I understand and won't be offended. Thank you, either way.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay - The Prequel

And if you like the prequel story above, please give my original story a try, too.

Legendary Book of Sun-Moon Swordplay
    Ok, I will definitely make time to read it. It was nice sharing insights with you and you are really amazing, able to give links and all that as if you are writing a blog post lol. You should open one like JoleCole! To be honest, my craze for Wallace Chung is diminishing day by day. I'm such a typical and fickle fan girl.

Ok, I will definitely make time to read it. It was nice sharing insights with you and you are really amazing, able to give links and all that as if you are writing a blog post lol. You should open one like JoleCole! To be honest, my craze for Wallace Chung is diminishing day by day. I'm such a typical and fickle fan girl.
    Totally agree with ycahiong about encouraging Melanie to open a blog dedicated to Wallace Chung and her fanfic! Your devoted for Wallace is so admirable. I'm a typic and fickle fan of TV dramas, rarely individual actors/actresses. If I do follow them closely, it's usually some kind of romantic shipping.
    Need to stop being lazy...

ycahiong and JoleCole -

I am sort of like you two, too. I tend to love actors based on their roles in dramas and then move on to the next actor when I fall in love with another role. But for some reason, Wallace Chung has managed to stay in my heart for the longest period of time, next to Gilbert Lam Wai Sun, another actor who has monopolized my heart for years.

I really don't think I will have the time to start and maintain a blog. I'm already having enough problems finding time to write chapters for my two stories after work. Also, I don't even think I have enough readers to justify starting a blog on my fanfics. I think, right now, I have a total of 2-3 readers, and that number may even be too optimistic. In addition, almost all of Wallace Chung's fans read and write Chinese and go to his Chinese tieba forums, ignoring the English forums. I'll probably end up with no visitors on my blog.

ycahiong, I don't think you have to be a Wallace Chung fan to enjoy my fanfics, since there are plenty of other actors in the story to cheer for, especially in the original Legendary Book story. Besides, you can always imagine whoever you like in the roles in the story, since the character names are different from the names of the actors cast in the roles. If you do find time to read, please leave me a message. It would really brighten my day, since I put a lot of sweat and hard work into the stories. Thank you.

Hi,

I just finished watching the drama wthout understanding the exact content as there is no english sub and the no english translation.of. the novel.

Do u think that any fan group will make english sub for the drama, pls?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Love_at_Dolphin_Bay View Post
    Hi,

I just finished watching the drama wthout understanding the exact content as there is no english sub and the no english translation.of. the novel.

Do u think that any fan group will make english sub for the drama, pls?

Thank you
    There's the English subtitle for this drama

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qJWWkZs7qc

that's episode 1 part 1, hope that helps (:

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    In the drama, JingWan eloped on the day of her marriage to go find PeiLing at his battlefield which caused her fiance to get revenge on them both. Did this occur in the novel??? because in the drama it was because of her fiance that kind of put PeiLing in a dangerous situation.
    I remember Jingwan did elope on the day of her marriage in the novel. The fiance only appeared in the first part of the novel, quite limited novel presence and never plan for revenge. There wasn't much mention of him after Jingwan elope successfully.

In the novel, Murong Feng was a much more dominant, calculating and monopolistic character. He wasn't so much forced to marry Chen Jinzhi, but chose to do it so he could lord over a unified China. The fiance would have lost badly if he planned revenge against the novel's Murong Feng.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    In the novel, Murong Feng was a much more dominant, calculating and monopolistic character. He wasn't so much forced to marry Chen Jinzhi, but chose to do it so he could lord over a unified China.
    In other words, Murong Feng in the novel was a jerk. I wonder why Jingwan fell in love with such a man, if he was so manipulative and calculating, always thinking of his own interests first.

I'm currently on Episode 32 but wanted to share my thoughts and feelings about the drama so far.

I really pity Murong Feng. I think he made the right choice in accepting Jinzhi's terms even though it would end in destroying his and Jingwan's relationship. Even though true love is important, could it have endured if Jingwan found out that he sacrificed an entire city of people to keep her? Murong Feng gave Jingwan up for the greater good and showed that he is ultimately a good leader and really cares about the common people. Though, he definitely should have explained the situation to Jingwan instead of trying to hide everything by shipping her off to France. As for the way he treated her after she found out about his upcoming marriage, he shouldn't have tried to lock her up against her will but he didn't want to lose her. I can understand his desperation at the time. His sad expressions and inner turmoil during the rest of the drama makes me forgive him for his past actions. I actually didn't think Wallace Chung is that good looking but he certainly does look dashing in his uniform. The last drama I watched with him in it was Meteor Garden. I know, so long ago. He has become a much better actor since then and takes on the role of Murong Feng very well.

I loved how confident and charismatic Jinzhi was in the first few episodes but her underhanded tactics made me dislike her character. However, above all, I pity her for falling so hard for a man who obviously does not love her. She got her punishment as Murong Feng never treated her well. The actress portrayed her very well but I think she looked better with the pixie cut.

Jingwan didn't know that Murong Feng gave her up to save a city and if Murong Feng explains this misunderstanding in the end, I would accept them being together again. From what I've read in this thread, the novel's Murong Feng definitely should not be forgiven for his selfishness but the choice the drama's Murong Feng is understandable. I loved how she managed to escape from Murong Feng by seducing and drugging him. So devious!

The character I hated most in this drama was Jianzhang. He was so despicable! First, he ships guns and such illegally, forcing Jingwan give up so much to try and save him. Then, he breaks her heart by telling her that he can't accept her "bad reputation." He later tries to marry her to save his family business but when she leaves him for Murong Feng, he blames everything on her. He takes his revenge by the most atrocious means and schemes with the Japanese. He really is a 狼心狗肺的小人! I was so disappointed in his character. I started watching this drama because I loved the actor's portrayal of Zhixiang in Feng Chuan Mu Dan and wanted to see more Li Xiao Ran/Tan Kai chemistry. I'm so sad that his character was almost one dimensionally evil...

This is seriously turning into an essay. Just a few more things. The German (or Russian?) dubbing was hilarious as the characters voices completely changed. I also really liked Suying's expressions when Murong Feng treated her as Jingwan's replacement. The chemistry between Wallace Chung and Li Xiao Ran was terrible in the first few episodes but definitely got better, especially during the kissing scenes. My favorite scene is also the one where Murong Feng was rocking on the bed waiting for Jingwan. So adorable!

Last thing. Does anyone know where I can find the novel? I clicked on the link on the first page of this thread but didn't see the novel. My Chinese is not that great but I think I could translate a bit with the help of Google translator.

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post

Last thing. Does anyone know where I can find the novel? I clicked on the link on the first page of this thread but didn't see the novel. My Chinese is not that great but I think I could translate a bit with the help of Google translator.
    I uploaded the chinese novel on my blog
    http://jolecole.blogspot.com/2011/11...ay-i-love.html
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    I also really liked Suying's expressions when Murong Feng treated her as Jingwan's replacement. The chemistry between Wallace Chung and Li Xiao Ran was terrible in the first few episodes but definitely got better, especially during the kissing scenes. My favorite scene is also the one where Murong Feng was rocking on the bed waiting for Jingwan. So adorable!
    My favorite character in the drama is Suying! She rocks in her ability to rattle Jinzhi and Murong Feng. My favorite scene in the series is ironically not a romantic one between Murong Feng and Jingwan, even though I am a die-hard romantic at heart. My favorite scene is when Suying stretched and "apologized" Jinzhi for waking up late the morning following her wedding night because she had to serve Murong Feng in bed ALL NIGHT LONG! Hahahaha! That really ticked Jinzhi off! Who do I think is the couple with the best chemistry in the drama? Not Murong Feng and Jingwan but Suying and Jinzhi! A close second for best chemistry would be Murong Feng and Suying.

Has anyone seen this behind the scenes clip of the filming of Too Late To Say I Love You? It's hilarious. Is Li Xiao Ran that heavy that two men combined cannot lift her easily? According to the clip, Li Xiao Ran is so heavy because of the layers and layers of heavy winter clothing she's wearing underneath her qi pao. Plus, honestly, I think it's probably difficult to lift someone from a low position. If she were sitting on a table, then it would most likely be easier to lift her.