Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Too Late To Say I Love You 《来不及说我爱你》 - Wallace Chung, Li Xiao Ran

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    We should discuss the novel!!!! I'm dying to have someone to talk about it with but no one comments.

Though, nothing really exciting has happened in the first three chapters besides the kiss.
    Aww...Don't feel discouraged. Most people on my blog don't comment much regarding my translation, but I know I still get quite a few pageviews. They are mostly silent readers.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Thanks for the support, you guys are awesome.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Hello everyone! I'm barely half way through this drama but I'm already beginning to fast forward through the scenes, mainly Jian Zhang's scenes. Does anyone else find him annoying? Is it just me because I find him so useless! He is such a coward that he blames other people for his misfortunes. Ugh! Was he like this in the novel too? I've been reading xia0yuer 's novel translation and he's a bit more likeable there. He's kind of like Shiao Shan in Sealed with a Kiss. And I despise both of them -.-

Sorry for the rant. I just have no where else I can go to talk about this drama since most of my friends don't watch dramas

Quote Originally Posted by StepbyStep View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm barely half way through this drama but I'm already beginning to fast forward through the scenes, mainly Jian Zhang's scenes. Does anyone else find him annoying? Is it just me because I find him so useless! He is such a coward that he blames other people for his misfortunes. Ugh! Was he like this in the novel too? I've been reading xia0yuer 's novel translation and he's a bit more likeable there. He's kind of like Shiao Shan in Sealed with a Kiss. And I despise both of them -.-

Sorry for the rant. I just have no where else I can go to talk about this drama since most of my friends don't watch dramas
    Yeah Jian Zhang was really annoying and despicable in the drama and I definitely like him better in the book (so far). I heard that Jian Zhang actually pretty much disappears after Jing Wan chooses Murong Feng in the book.

I'd much prefer Jian Zhang to Xiao Shan though. Xiao Shan was just an extremely forgettable character who did absolutely nothing during the entire drama. He was so wishy-washy. On the other hand, even though Jian Zhang turned into a traitor, I got the feeling that he actually did love Jing Wan, especially from the scene from the last episode (which I won't spoil for you). His love for Jing warped into intense hatred for the couple, though Murong Feng pretty much pushed him to change like that.

Keep watching! As much as Jian Zhang is annoying, Wallace Chung as Murong Feng more than makes up for it.

StepbyStep
    Welcome to the club where you can bash the characters in TLTSILY while other members cheer along! I actually didn't find Jian Zhang that annoying in the series. In fact, he didn't make a very big impression on me, perhaps because he was overshadowed by Wallace Chung's Murong Feng. However, I did remember feeling rather sympathetic toward Jian Zhang, especially that scene at the train station after Murong Feng forced him to leave Jingwan. He broke out into a rage at that couple at the train station, but really it was rage directed toward himself for not being brave enough to stand up to his love rival Murong Feng and claim Jingwan back. I agree with xia0yuer that Jian Zhang probably did truly love Jingwan. If he didn't, he wouldn't have cared enough to be so hurt and angered by Jingwan and Murong's elopement.

Speaking of Wallace, I am in love with him! He's so mean, but when he throws tantrums I find it so HOT!! I wish they gave him more things to kick and throw because I love those scenes. Su Ying too! She's sooo adorable!! I enjoy only their scenes.

I've been fast-forwarding Jian Zhang's scenes but sometimes he's in the same scene with Wallace or Jing Wan, and then I'm stuck in a dilemma: to fast forward or to stick around for Pei Lin. I felt bad for him in the beginning but he lost all my sympathy when he indirectly killed Jing Wan's dad.
    Thank you guys for letting me rant. It feels so great to blow off some steam from this drama. The antagonists are stressing me out! LOL

Speaking of Wallace, I am in love with him! He's so mean, but when he throws tantrums I find it so HOT!! I wish they gave him more things to kick and throw because I love those scenes. Su Ying too! She's sooo adorable!! I enjoy only their scenes.

I've been fast-forwarding Jian Zhang's scenes but sometimes he's in the same scene with Wallace or Jing Wan, and then I'm stuck in a dilemma: to fast forward or to stick around for Pei Lin. I felt bad for him in the beginning but he lost all my sympathy when he indirectly killed Jing Wan's dad.
    Thank you guys for letting me rant. It feels so great to blow off some steam from this drama. The antagonists are stressing me out! LOL
    Haha, you've definitely come to the right place then. Melanie is like a Christian missionary, except the religion she promotes is Wallace Chung.

And I... well, I am one of Mel's happy converts.

Haha, you've definitely come to the right place then. Melanie is like a Christian missionary, except the religion she promotes is Wallace Chung.

And I... well, I am one of Mel's happy converts.
    I think you're too happy of a convert... As I just replied to you in my story thread, I think you're shameless because you would let Wallace get away with murder just because he is hot.

Speaking of Wallace, I am in love with him! He's so mean, but when he throws tantrums I find it so HOT!! I wish they gave him more things to kick and throw because I love those scenes.
    I, too, think he's hot when he turns into an angry, raging lunatic. I especially like it when he whips out his gun. I saw an interview in which Wallace said that the director was worried that he wouldn't be arrogant and tyrannical enough. Maybe the director is worried because he's such a nice guy in real life?

Speaking of how hot Wallace is, does anyone find this one particular scene really HOT? It's toward the beginning of the drama, after Jingwan took that bullet for Murong Feng. She was staying with him to recuperate and Jian Zhang came to see Jingwan, not knowing that Murong Feng was using her washroom to freshen up since he sat with her the entire night. When Murong Feng came out of the washroom with his shirt unbuttoned and then spotted Jian Zhang, he had this very arrogant, challenging, and deliberately satisfied look on his face (as if implying that he had spent the night in Jingwan's bed) while he stared Jian Zhang down. Then he ever so slowly buttoned up his shirt. Man, usually handsome men look hot unbuttoning their shirt, but Wallace somehow managed to look incredibly SEXY and HOT buttoning his shirt. Now that's what I call innate sex appeal and great acting.

Su Ying too! She's sooo adorable!! I enjoy only their scenes.
    I think the couple with the best chemistry is Su Ying and Jinzhi. Their cat fights are awesome.

You should come hang out with us in the Wallace Chung thread, too! The more love for Wallace, the merrier!

Also, I highly recommend Wallace's new series, Yi Chu Ji Fa/Imminent Crisis. Check out this drama's thread: Imminent Crisis

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think you're too happy of a convert... As I just replied to you in my story thread, I think you're shameless because you would let Wallace get away with murder just because he is hot.
    I'm not sure I would let him get away with murder, I am definitely more forgiving of his indiscretions with Jin Zhi than I would be if Murong Feng was played by someone else. Especially the way he was in drama. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get through the book.

I, too, think he's hot when he turns into an angry, raging lunatic. I especially like it when he whips out his gun. I saw an interview in which Wallace said that the director was worried that he wouldn't be arrogant and tyrannical enough. Maybe the director is worried because he's such a nice guy in real life?
    I think he's hot all the time.
    The director was probably thinking about how Wallace is such a goofball behind the scenes.
    Example:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.ph.126.net/wKi1rqRViouoWzjLZs7sqw==/3408943442943841452.jpg')

Speaking of how hot Wallace is, does anyone find this one particular scene really HOT? It's toward the beginning of the drama, after Jingwan took that bullet for Murong Feng. She was staying with him to recuperate and Jian Zhang came to see Jingwan, not knowing that Murong Feng was using her washroom to freshen up since he sat with her the entire night. When Murong Feng came out of the washroom with his shirt unbuttoned and then spotted Jian Zhang, he had this very arrogant, challenging, and deliberately satisfied look on his face (as if implying that he had spent the night in Jingwan's bed) while he stared Jian Zhang down. Then he ever so slowly buttoned up his shirt. Man, usually handsome men look hot unbuttoning their shirt, but Wallace somehow managed to look incredibly SEXY and HOT buttoning his shirt. Now that's what I call innate sex appeal and great acting.
    I loved that scene too, but I was cracking up at Jian Zhang's terrible expression.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img163.poco.cn/mypoco/myphoto/20101205/15/5610632720101205155854034_640.jpg')
    He does look pretty sexy there though.

My favorite scene is where he is rocking back and forth on the bed waiting for Jing Wan. It was this really brief scene after they had declared their love for each other and Jing Wan had become Murong Feng's wife. He looked so adorable!

You should come hang out with us in the Wallace Chung thread, too! The more love for Wallace, the merrier!

Also, I highly recommend Wallace's new series, Yi Chu Ji Fa/Imminent Crisis. Check out this drama's thread: Imminent Crisis
    [/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!

I loved that scene too, but I was cracking up at Jian Zhang's terrible expression.
    The guy who played Jian Zhang was pretty wooden next to Wallace's intense acting.

My favorite scene is where he is rocking back and forth on the bed waiting for Jing Wan. It was this really brief scene after they had declared their love for each other and Jing Wan had become Murong Feng's wife. He looked so adorable
    I agree. Wallace looked so adorable in that scene, but I just couldn't get over how elder sisterly LXR looked next to Wallace to completely love that scene. In that scene, Wallace looked particularly boyish, which then made LXR appear even older. I'm not saying she's old and wrinkly. It's just that she has this maternal aura about her, which is even more noticeable next to Wallace's boyish charm. I just keep picturing her patting Wallace indulgently on the head like a mother or elder sister, calling him baby face and telling him to sit still like a good boy.

My favorite scene would be the one where Jingwan attempted to jump out the window after she learned about Murong Feng's upcoming wedding to Jinzhi. He yanked her down onto the couch, threatened her that he would kill her family if she dared to commit suicide, and...here comes my favorite part... He kicked the coffee table with such ill temper before storming out, whacking the door on the way out. I LOVE the coffee table kicking and door whacking part! It's so intense, hot, and sexy.

I love that scene!! I love it when he gets a bit bratty ^^ And LXR does look a bit old in comparison to Wallace. I think its her face shape that makes her look more mature while Wallace's face is a bit round ( kind of like an egg ><).

My favorite scene is where he is rocking back and forth on the bed waiting for Jing Wan. It was this really brief scene after they had declared their love for each other and Jing Wan had become Murong Feng's wife. He looked so adorable!
    Which episode was that? I don't remember seeing that scene

My favorite scene would be the one where Jingwan attempted to jump out the window after she learned about Murong Feng's upcoming wedding to Jinzhi. He yanked her down onto the couch, threatened her that he would kill her family if she dared to commit suicide, and...here comes my favorite part... He kicked the coffee table with such ill temper before storming out, whacking the door on the way out. I LOVE the coffee table kicking and door whacking part! It's so intense, hot, and sexy.
    OMG I actually went back several times to watch that scene! All of his kicking and throwing scenes are my favorite. Idk why but I actually liked the part where he told her he would kill her family 0.o

Melanie 's not only converting people, she's recruiting people too heheh!! I will definitely check out Wallace's thread! I didn't even know there's a thread here on actors! I've been missing out
    I've finally finished the drama. I seriously cried myself a river for the last few episodes. Excellent cast

P.S. Even as a farmer he is still so HOT!!!

Which episode was that? I don't remember seeing that scene
    It was really brief, maybe 10 seconds long. I can't remember the exact episode but I will tell you when I get around to rewatching that part.

OMG I actually went back several times to watch that scene! All of his kicking and throwing scenes are my favorite. Idk why but I actually liked the part where he told her he would kill her family 0.o
    Wallace does the intense scenes very well. I can't remember that scene exactly but I thought the scene where he pulls out his gun and aims at Jing Wan was awesome. He can cry, look angry and look manly at the same time. Hot

P.S. Even as a farmer he is still so HOT!!!
    But he looks so much better in uniform! I think Wallace should either be wearing uniform or a three piece suit at all times. In Yi Chu Ji Fa, you get both!

Was anyone shocked with laughter at the end when Murong Feng took one look at Jingwan and called her "elder sister?" Throughout the whole drama, I kept thinking how LXR looked older than Wallace, and then BAM, he called her elder sister at the end. I thought, Whoa!

StepbyStep

Yay! More Wallace fans are joining the club! I'm so glad my love for Wallace is finally rubbing off on others. Of course, the fact that Wallace is so hot makes my job of converting people easier.

Oh, I agree with xia0yuer that you simply MUST watch Yi Chu Ji Fa! Wallace plays twins and it's like he's practically in every scene! It is such a joy seeing Wallace popping out from every nook and corridor. And both brothers are so hot. You know why? Because they are both Wallace! You must let us know which brother you prefer after you have finished the series, though. Genna likes the younger twin, while xia0yuer and I like the older twin. Actually, I want both brothers, but I don't want to sound too fickle and greedy.

Was anyone shocked with laughter at the end when Murong Feng took one look at Jingwan and called her "elder sister?" Throughout the whole drama, I kept thinking how LXR looked older than Wallace, and then BAM, he called her elder sister at the end. I thought, Whoa!
    I didn't really think about that but you are so right. I think they should have made Wallace age a bit too. I think that Jing Wan's hair styles were terrible during the entire drama, especially the thick fringe plus nanny bun and the side bangs with the short messy bob. The made her look so old compared to Wallace. If they wanted to give her a mature hairstyle, they should have gone for this one.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://kw2007.com.cn/upload/press/b9/b995cb7769dd46bdb9d29f401cdf1fcd/444fc446bdf948bab3a89214cc32d4bd.jpg')

I just got to an intense scene in the book translation. Go read, go read! Why is Murong Feng/Wallace so hot?

I will definitely watch Imminent Crisis after I rewatch this drama. I still can't let it go yet :'(

Btw Melanie , just read part of your fanfic. The writing is really legit! I can actually imagine the scenes in my head especially since you gave us your cast beforehand. Keep up the good work!
    And thank you again xia0yuer! Your translations are so good! I've been trying to separate the novel from the drama but it's so hard! I keep referring back to the drama while reading the translations so I get a bit confused when the novel talks about characters that weren't really in the drama

Talking

I will definitely watch Imminent Crisis after I rewatch this drama. I still can't let it go yet
    I saw your comment about being confused by the first episode of Imminent Crisis. I just want to say that I also don't know how to read Chinese and my Mandarin knowledge is not even at the pre-kindergarten level. Yet, I enjoyed the drama immensely. Sure, I was confused by the whole Japanese/Communist/Nationalist plot line and by all the Chinese characters that kept appearing in the opening episode, but after watching a few episodes further, I started to understand the gist of the plot. It wasn't that hard to figure out, and the drama will definitely get more and more exciting. So don't give up on this drama, especially if you love Wallace!

Btw Melanie , just read part of your fanfic. The writing is really legit! I can actually imagine the scenes in my head especially since you gave us your cast beforehand. Keep up the good work!
    Thanks! I really appreciate that you're reading. Please let me know your thoughts as you read further. Which chapter are you on?

I think they should have made Wallace age a bit too. I think that Jing Wan's hair styles were terrible during the entire drama, especially the thick fringe plus nanny bun and the side bangs with the short messy bob. The made her look so old compared to Wallace.
    I am sure the makeup artist tried to make Wallace appear old at the end of the drama but just couldn't. I mean, they even gave him a bit of scruff, but he just ended up looking sexy and hot instead of old and weathered. He just simply looks young, which is really bad news for LXR, since his youth makes her seem even more mature next to him. It is no wonder that Murong Feng took one look at Jingwan and called her "elder sister."

I just got to an intense scene in the book translation. Go read, go read! Why is Murong Feng/Wallace so hot?
    OMG, I just read that intense scene in the novel that you had translated! Ahh, I almost swooned after reading the translation. The Murong Feng in the novel is infinitely sexier than the one in the drama. I never thought I would be saying this, since I thought Wallace was super steamy and hot when I first watched TLTSILY. Now, however, after reading the novel translation, I feel that the drama doesn't do justice to the Murong Feng penned by the author! I'm sure if the script had followed the novel more faithfully, Wallace's Murong Feng would have been even steamier, so steamy that the TV screen would explode. But too bad the script toned his character down...

Anyway, I'm so impressed by the novel and xia0yuer's translation that I encourage everyone to go to her translation site (link in her signature) to read the novel! The novel gives so much more depth to the characters.

xia0yuer, I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to post my comment to your translation of the recent two chapters here, too. I'm doing this partly because I'm so impressed by the differences between the novel and drama and partly because I hope to drum up more discussion on the novel and more business for you.

My comment from xia0yuer's novel translation site

Bravo, bravo, bravo! Thanks so much, xia0yuer for translating these last two wonderfully sexy, insightful chapters! After reading these two chapters, I went back and watched the scene in the drama that correlated with the chapters, and I was surprisingly disappointed by the drama. I don't remember being this disappointed with Wallace and LXR's lack of chemistry until I read your novel translation. Murong Feng and Jingwan's reunion after the train encounter was so bland in the drama compared to the novel!

In the novel, Murong Feng and Jingwan's reunion was so sexy, so playful, so memorable. In the drama, Murong Feng was too intense during that scene. He showed absolutely no interest in Jingwan and looked at her as if she were just any old maid. And he kept scowling at her in the drama, like he was annoyed at her. Sure, the intensity could be considered as sexy, but I like the sexiness he exuded in the novel's scene much more. Plus, LXR's Jingwan was very stiff in that scene. I know she was trying to act demure, but she just came off as awkward and stiff.

Now knowing what actually happened in the novel, Wallace and LXR's absolute lack of chemistry was more glaringly obvious! They appeared quite stilted and too formal with each other. There was absolutely no hint from Wallace's Murong Feng that he was starting to notice Jingwan romantically or sexually. I am so disappointed with how the drama handled this scene! OMG!

And I agree with genna that LXR is most likely the problem to the lack of chemistry. I've seen Wallace with other costars, and he has amazing chemistry with them. I have only seen LXR in one other drama, Ni Shui Han, where she played Julian Cheung's love interest. She had no chemistry with Julian, either, which partly explained why I was so enamored of the other couple in that drama (Wallace and Song Jia). Though LXR is a good actress, she seemed a bit standoffish as Jingwan (in the entire drama, not just in the reunion scene after the train encounter). Maybe it's her facial features, but she gives off a haughtiness that is very unapproachable and icy. And the fact that she looks like Wallace's older sister doesn't help much, either. Eh, anyway, I better stop before LXR's fans come and stone me.

Yikes, I almost forgot to tsk tsk at Murong Feng for attempting to strip Jingwan with his eyes. Naughty and lecherous, indeed! The novel's Murong Feng is so much more delicious than the Murong Feng in the drama. Too bad the script toned his character down and made Wallace's Murong seem more emotional than sexy and naughty.

I agree that it's gotten less confusing as the drama progressed (Amen for that!). And they managed to throw a few cute scenes in there but I'll save that for the Imminent Crisis thread ^^

I am currently on Chapter 8 for your fanfic. I love how you write so much! It's like a real chapter from a novel hehehe. I'll definitely leave a comment once I'm done reading the whole thing but I love the whole arrogant-almighty-lewd martial artist/ bandit character that is portrayed by Wallace

And I totally think they should have made the drama NC-17 instead of PG-13. Novel Murong Feng is so much more _____( I can't think of a word so I'll just leave it blank ><). Maybe it's because we could actually read their thoughts in the novel but I totally agree that the cast in the drama lacked chemistry after reading the novel

Talking

I am currently on Chapter 8 for your fanfic. I love how you write so much! It's like a real chapter from a novel hehehe. I'll definitely leave a comment once I'm done reading the whole thing but I love the whole arrogant-almighty-lewd martial artist/ bandit character that is portrayed by Wallace
    I hate to break the news to you, but the story only has 8 chapters so far. I'm currently working on Chapter 9.

Ahahahaha! I love how you describe Wallace's character - an arrogant-almighty-lewd martial artist/ bandit! I absolutely love it, for some reason. It really sums up Wallace's Sit Chung Nam in one succinct phrase.

Thank you for reading! I look forward to hearing more of your thoughts.

And I totally think they should have made the drama NC-17 instead of PG-13. Novel Murong Feng is so much more _____( I can't think of a word so I'll just leave it blank ><). Maybe it's because we could actually read their thoughts in the novel but I totally agree that the cast in the drama lacked chemistry after reading the novel
    Well, I've made no secret about how I think LXR looks too mature for Wallace in TLTSILY. So I'm actually imagining another younger, more beautiful actress as Jingwan when I read xia0yuer's novel translation. I think, aside from an actress' acting abilities, physical appearance is very important. An actress needs to look like the character she is portraying. If the character is a young woman in her early twenties, then the actress needs to look the part. Wallace certainly has no problem portraying a 25 year old military commander because he looks so youthful, but I wish he has a costar who looks like she's in her early twenties. Many factors can contribute to a couple's chemistry, or lack of chemistry. Of those many factors, I believe age and physical appearance play a part in whether or not an onscreen couple can "connect."

Well, I've made no secret about how I think LXR looks too mature for Wallace in TLTSILY. So I'm actually imagining another younger, more beautiful actress as Jingwan when I read xia0yuer's novel translation. I think, aside from an actress' acting abilities, physical appearance is very important. An actress needs to look like the character she is portraying. If the character is a young woman in her early twenties, then the actress needs to look the part. Wallace certainly has no problem portraying a 25 year old military commander because he looks so youthful, but I wish he has a costar who looks like she's in her early twenties. Many factors can contribute to a couple's chemistry, or lack of chemistry. Of those many factors, I believe age and physical appearance play a part in whether or not an onscreen couple can "connect."
    If you were asked to recast TLTSILY, who would you pick? Well, I already know that you would choose Wallace Chung as Murong Feng.