Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Too Late To Say I Love You 《来不及说我爱你》 - Wallace Chung, Li Xiao Ran

Melanie

I'm currently reading the original novel. About 1/3 of the way through it. Not much difference yet. LOL. I'll come back once I've finished the whole novel to say which version of Pei Lin I like better, but yes, I do believe I might end up liking his character in the novel more.

xia0yuer

I totally agree with you! I hate the parts where Jin Zhi is in control. Then after the marriage, her whole family seems to be in control. I would rather a Pei Lin who is ruthless and ambitious who sacrificed his love for power then one who acts like a puppet with Jin Zhi pulling his strings. Even Jia Ping acts more rationally than he does most of the time and keeps his cool under pressing circumstances. I really disliked the way Pei Lin treated Jia Ping, pointing his gun at him when angry etc when Jia Ping was just looking out for his best interest. Such a loyal person!

And while indeed he is a flawed character, I can't help still liking him...

P.S - I'm going to read your English version after I've read the Chinese version. Obsession much? LOL
    Thanks for translating it. That's a huge effort.
    Last edited by Mangoberrie; 04-15-12 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    I actually thought they looked about the same age group, although I do admit I really didn't like her hair style here. I actually looked her up and found out she starred with Hawick in 2008 in a series called Royal Embroidery Workshop. It was decent although I preferred Wallace. In that series I thought she looked very young with her two braids and she looked beautiful in cheungsam. The outfits were definetly better than in Too Late to Say I Love You. I think not only her hairstyle in TLTSILY but also the color of the cheungsams were too dark that may have made her looked older.
    I agree, I loved her in Feng Chuan Mu Dan as she looked very beautiful in qipaos with her hair styled like that, but to me, she seemed to have aged a lot from 2008-2010, though it might be the bad costumes/hairstyles in TLTSILY.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    xia0yuer

I totally agree with you! I hate the parts where Jin Zhi is in control. Then after the marriage, her whole family seems to be in control. I would rather a Pei Lin who is ruthless and ambitious who sacrificed his love for power then one who acts like a puppet with Jin Zhi pulling his strings. Even Jia Ping acts more rationally than he does most of the time and keeps his cool under pressing circumstances. I really disliked the way Pei Lin treated Jia Ping, pointing his gun at him when angry etc when Jia Ping was just looking out for his best interest. Such a loyal person!

And while indeed he is a flawed character, I can't help still liking him...

P.S - I'm going to read your English version after I've read the Chinese version. Obsession much? LOL
    Thanks for translating it. That's a huge effort.
    Yes, I really like Shen Jia Ping too, though his character was expanded on much more in the drama. In the book, He Xu An did many of the things that they attributed to Shen Jia Ping in the drama. I don't exactly remember which scene Murong Feng pointed his gun at Jia Ping. Refresh my memory?

I'm always glad to get more readers! I haven't been able to update much the past week because I've been pretty busy with school and other events.
    Currently translating 香蜜沉沉烬如霜 at a very minute pace:
    http://xia0yuer.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by xia0yuer View Post
    Yes, I really like Shen Jia Ping too, though his character was expanded on much more in the drama. In the book, He Xu An did many of the things that they attributed to Shen Jia Ping in the drama. I don't exactly remember which scene Murong Feng pointed his gun at Jia Ping. Refresh my memory?

I'm always glad to get more readers! I haven't been able to update much the past week because I've been pretty busy with school and other events.

Spoilers

In the TV series, it was episode 26. When he wanted to run on the ice and Shen Jia Ping wanted to stop him as the ice was thin and it was dangerous. I can't fully remember if that's the only time he did it.

Well, I finished reading the novel in Chinese. I'm not entirely sure which version of the character I like more, perhaps it is because I watched the TV version first. The novel version is more realistic though in terms of PeiLin giving up his love for Jin Wan and the ending makes it such a tragedy.

Speaking of endings, I was told there were 4 versions. I've only read 2 versions; the first was where he ordered to have Xin Zhi murdered, but JingWan took Xin Zhi's car and therefore died (under the orders of MuRong Feng. The second was where apparently a car accident was staged. Xin Zhi and their daughter both died and she ended up killing herself with the gun PeiLin had given to her. I found the latter both tragic and ironic, although the more preferred ending in comparison to the first, as the gun was originally given to her to "protect herself". I'm still searching for the other 2 endings. If anyone has access to the Chinese versions of the other 2 endings, please direct me

Also, out of curiosity, do you guys actually like the fact that she married Xin Zhi in the novel?

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post

Spoilers

In the TV series, it was episode 26. When he wanted to run on the ice and Shen Jia Ping wanted to stop him as the ice was thin and it was dangerous. I can't fully remember if that's the only time he did it.

Well, I finished reading the novel in Chinese. I'm not entirely sure which version of the character I like more, perhaps it is because I watched the TV version first. The novel version is more realistic though in terms of PeiLin giving up his love for Jin Wan and the ending makes it such a tragedy.

Speaking of endings, I was told there were 4 versions. I've only read 2 versions; the first was where he ordered to have Xin Zhi murdered, but JingWan took Xin Zhi's car and therefore died (under the orders of MuRong Feng. The second was where apparently a car accident was staged. Xin Zhi and their daughter both died and she ended up killing herself with the gun PeiLin had given to her. I found the latter both tragic and ironic, although the more preferred ending in comparison to the first, as the gun was originally given to her to "protect herself". I'm still searching for the other 2 endings. If anyone has access to the Chinese versions of the other 2 endings, please direct me

Also, out of curiosity, do you guys actually like the fact that she married Xin Zhi in the novel?
    spoilers

I like the novel ending in which Murong Feng ordered for Xinzhi and the daughter to be killed, and Jingwan, in despair and anger, shot herself in front of Murong Feng with the very gun he had given her to protect herself. Though this particular ending is such a tragic one for Jingwan, I think it's an extremely fitting ending for Murong Feng because of the irony of the situation. In his selfish desire to regain Jingwan's love, he "kills" her himself. Such poetic justice for him, I think. This ending also has such a bittersweet ring to it that it is almost perfect in my mind.

I think the problem with the Murong Feng in the drama is that he is too weak and too much a victim and prisoner of his own emotions. To be honest, sometimes his tantrums remind me of a woman with PMS and his actions are certainly not representative of how a capable, intelligent, and ambitious military commander should be like. The Murong Feng in the novel, on the other hand, is much more like what I imagine such a military commander should be like. I don't mind that the Murong Feng in the novel has chosen ambition and power over Jingwan, but I do mind that he refuses to let her go completely so that she could be happy with someone else. Since he has made a conscious decision to sacrifice his love for Jingwan to marry another woman for more power, he should be content with the life he has chosen and not go seeking to destroy the new life Jingwan has made for herself with another man. Selfish, selfish, selfish! With such actions, I wonder if the Murong Feng in the novel has ever truly loved Jingwan. If he truly loved Jingwan, he would be satisfied just knowing that she is happy, whether she finds that happiness with him or with Xinzhi.

Anyway, I do like the fact that Jingwan married Xinzhi in the novel. A Jingwan who values the past and learns from the past but does not cling onto it and is able to move forward is a much stronger character than one who stubbornly refuses to accept a man who has been by her side through thick and thin and instead blindly clings onto a man who obviously does not think she is important enough to be loyal to. Besides, Jingwan's love for Xinzhi gives us hope that love the second time around can be just as sweet, if not sweeter, than the first time, if only we would allow ourselves to accept the people who have been patiently waiting by our side.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    spoilers
    I like the novel ending in which Murong Feng ordered for Xinzhi and the daughter to be killed, and Jingwan, in despair and anger, shot herself in front of Murong Feng with the very gun he had given her to protect herself. Though this particular ending is such a tragic one for Jingwan, I think it's an extremely fitting ending for Murong Feng because of the irony of the situation. In his selfish desire to regain Jingwan's love, he "kills" her himself. Such poetic justice for him, I think. This ending also has such a bittersweet ring to it that it is almost perfect in my mind.
    I agree that I like this ending. Even though it is sad, I don't think the relationship between Murong Feng and Jing Wan should have a happy ending. Murong Feng's betrayal is unforgivable and as a 'modern' woman, she would be dishonoring herself if she did accept him back.

Anyway, I do like the fact that Jingwan married Xinzhi in the novel. A Jingwan who values the past and learns from the past but does not cling onto it and is able to move forward is a much stronger character than one who stubbornly refuses to accept a man who has been by her side through thick and thin and instead blindly clings onto a man who obviously does not think she is important enough to be loyal to. Besides, Jingwan's love for Xinzhi gives us hope that love the second time around can be just as sweet, if not sweeter, than the first time, if only we would allow ourselves to accept the people who have been patiently waiting by our side.
    I actually think Jing Wan was foolish to marry Xin Zhi. Of all the men in the world, why did she have to choose the man who happened to be the brother-in-law of her ex-husband?! And her ex-husband is a rabidly jealous man who still wanted her. The decision to marry Xin Zhi was just a tragedy waiting to happen. My question is, did she really love Xin Zhi or was it just a marriage of convenience for her? I haven't read that far in the novel, but if she didn't actually love Xin Zhi, then she made a even worse decision because do so is just terribly unfair to Xin Zhi. He deserves to end up with someone who loves him too.

I wasn't really shipping Jing Wan and Xin Zhi in the drama because LXR had very little chemistry with the actor (though now looking back on it, she didn't have very much chemistry with Wallace either). And of course, how could I possibly ship any other actor when Wallace dominated the drama in his sexy, warlord uniform? Also, Xin Zhi's plaid pants bothered me too much. Ugh.

Would anyone like to help with translating of TV series? WE realy need help of the ones, who know chinese and can translate it ;p

Another lovely music video I found:

I wish Jing Wan wore more qipaos in the drama. I find that LXR's slender figure looks much more flattering in qipaos than those bulky (and quite ugly) Western dresses. Wallace is dashing as always.

your acting was really good. You did good yelling at Jingzhi. She deserves that because she tortured Jingwan. Poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace Chung is handsome View Post
    your acting was really good. You did good yelling at Jingzhi. She deserves that because she tortured Jingwan. Poor thing.
    Wallace Chung is handsome - Your screen name really caught my eye and made me laugh, but in a good way, since I'm also a Wallace Chung fan. But wow, you're not very subtle, are you? Haha.

Anyway, if you like Wallace, there are plenty of other Wallace Chung-related threads here at the forum, so check them out and join in the discussion. Here, start with the Wallace Chung thread:

Wallace Chung

Thanks for the MV post xia0yuer~ angst + men in uniform + pretty OST = time for me to watch. This is in Mandarin right lol?

Yes, this is definitely a must watch. But be prepared to shed a whole bunch of tears in the second half.

And yes, it's in Mandarin.

I rewatched parts of this show recently. I have to say it really is still a wonderful show. I love the poignant background music and the music in the chainwatch.

I used to like the MRF in the novel more, but now the series version won me over. At least, his compassion for his people and his desire to bring peace and good fortune to the common folk pulled a string in my heart. I used to think the director did a bad job toning the character down, but now I feel it's more realistic since the novel version would really have garnered a lot of hate and drop the ratings. People who care about the greater good is always a more popular character and more acceptable to the masses. The trait also made MRF more redeemable.

I like MRF's dejection after JW was lost to him. The effort he took to build an even bigger greenhouse and the time he ran out of the theatre when he saw Su Ying (JW's lookalike).

I also like the scenes when they first start calling each other by their first name (Jingwan and Peilin) instead of Miss Yin and Si shao. I like the times when si shao said,' Jingwan, meeting you. Thus late.'

Just realized this thread for 'TLTSILY', though not a very new drama/novel but I totally love it that time!

I watched the drama for Wallace, gosh, he's absolutely hot! Read the novel thereafter ~

I'm not sure whether or not to watch this drama. I have not watched Wallace Chung before, but I've heard he is one of the best actors out there, so I am willing to give this a try. I'm not particularly interested in dramas set in this time period, but hopefully this will change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisablackout View Post
    I'm not sure whether or not to watch this drama. I have not watched Wallace Chung before, but I've heard he is one of the best actors out there, so I am willing to give this a try. I'm not particularly interested in dramas set in this time period, but hopefully this will change my mind.
    You should watch it. I heard Wallace Chung acquired a lot of fans overnight for his role in this drama. Plus, a little eye candy wouldn't hurt as he looked really handsome in this drama.

the female lead looks like chen zihan

I skipped a lot of episodes when watching this series, just got to it recently. Jin Zhi makes me so mad! She's so stupid and pathetic. Who would want to marry someone, knowing full well the person loves someone else and only would marry you for power. Someone like that would drop you in a heartbeat if there was a better offer somewhere else. Then she wines about how he can't see her suffering, that she brought on herself. What do you really expect when you set out to steal something that's not yours, only heartbreak.