Thread: sunrise, sunset

Default sunrise, sunset

i wonder if this is one of those most over-hyped activity?

in TV, you'd have the typical heroine who really wanna watch sunrise/sunset, and then the boy would bring her all the way to one particular spot to do so. (sometimes it can be role reversal, but ultimately meant to be a romantic thing to do)

then in RL, you have people who raved about which spots are best for viewing sunrise/sunset.

Is it me or is it that I failed to see anything so fascinating about a glowing ball rising or dropping down, and the sky turning bright or dark?

the last time I seen a sunset was sometime back and I kept wondering why am I brought to this spot and squandered a good half hour (well I don't remember how long I remained there) just so I can look at something that is not very exciting.

so does anyone here really enjoy watching such stuff or its really a TV/novel myth?
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Ah, the aesthetics of a sunrise/sunset is totally lost on you. But people do appreciate the beauty of sunrises and sunsets for a reason. Haven't you ever gone home and is caught by surprised by a pretty sunset where the colors in the skies are so breathtakingly beautiful. If not, I guess it just takes certain types of people to appreciate natural beauty.

I actually had a few chances of taking some pictures of sunrises and sunsets. I had more chances to take these sort of pictures when I used to live at my old place, but with this new place I'm at, the chances of catching sunrises/sets are rare.

Here's some pictures I took a few years ago.

Jan 2008 - A sunrise from my old bedroom window.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/34gk7ma.jpg')

Feb 2009 - A sunset from my old balcony
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2dihgty.jpg')

Sept 2009 - Taken from my old balcony again. Here's a progression of a sunset. My best captured sunset yet. It's the same sunset on the same day, but its amazing how seconds or minutes later it looks totally transformed.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/s24nf6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/avxu1.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/2mecm55.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/35jjaiw.jpg')

And here the sky looks really red... (Here I think I took a close up zoom of the sunset)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/1z2g7ld.jpg')

And this one of the last pic of the same sunset.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/6huzdd.jpg')
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-11-10 at 01:41 AM.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

LoL @ Suet Seung..total pic spam.

I'm not the kind of person that goes out of my way to enjoy a sunrise...what an ungodly hour to be awake. However, I love sunsets. I love to be caught in the stillness and warmth of the setting sun also. There's just something like a melancholic nostalgia and hope at the same time within a setting sun. The passage of time is no where most obvious for me than when looking at a sunset.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    LoL @ Suet Seung..total pic spam.

I'm not the kind of person that goes out of my way to enjoy a sunrise...what an ungodly hour to be awake. However, I love sunsets. I love to be caught in the stillness and warmth of the setting sun also. There's just something like a melancholic nostalgia and hope at the same time within a setting sun. The passage of time is no where most obvious for me than when looking at a sunset.
    Picture spam? WTH? It's totally related to this topic. If Lucre can't see the beauty of it, I just have to provide some visual examples.

I don't go out purposely looking for a sunrise/set either, the pictures above just happen by chance.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

i find this activity underrated. i mean im sitting here tihnkin to myself whens the last time i saw a sunset/sunrise, and i cant even think of when
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Haven't you ever gone home and is caught by surprised by a pretty sunset where the colors in the skies are so breathtakingly beautiful. If not, I guess it just takes certain types of people to appreciate natural beauty.
    Not really, and in fact I have a colleague who has total appreciation of such things, and then she would like to tell me if we ever walk home together. And then I would be forced to make a polite smile and go, "erm yea" (and my head is like, looks da same to me. T_T so I can't make any intelligent comment to it at all. methinks she had too much of it, and she could even quote poetry and rant about how beautiful the verses are...too bad she's talking to me, an ignoramus....worse because shes quoting chinese poetry.)

What I'm more curious is, whether is this commonplace for most people, or just a selective handful bunch of guys who actually had that sort of appreciation. because everyone seemed to rave about sunsets/sunrise...and driving up to some obscure place to watch the 'best' is an even stranger notion.

I'm not the kind of person that goes out of my way to enjoy a sunrise...what an ungodly hour to be awake. However, I love sunsets. I love to be caught in the stillness and warmth of the setting sun also.
    I woke up in the dark every morning. T__T
    o wilku mowa...♪

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    Not really, and in fact I have a colleague who has total appreciation of such things, and then she would like to tell me if we ever walk home together. And then I would be forced to make a polite smile and go, "erm yea" (and my head is like, looks da same to me. T_T so I can't make any intelligent comment to it at all. methinks she had too much of it, and she could even quote poetry and rant about how beautiful the verses are...too bad she's talking to me, an ignoramus....worse because shes quoting chinese poetry.)

What I'm more curious is, whether is this commonplace for most people, or just a selective handful bunch of guys who actually had that sort of appreciation. because everyone seemed to rave about sunsets/sunrise...and driving up to some obscure place to watch the 'best' is an even stranger notion.

I woke up in the dark every morning. T__T

You have the habit of answering your own question? Man, you sound like Bruce Willis's character in The Kid, where they talk about the orange looking full moon and he has the same indifference about the orange colored full moon as you do with the sun.

Maybe it's just the selected few people who can't appreciate the sunrise/sunset or the crescent/full moon.

Lucre, what age range are you in? Do you have any aesthetic interest in art? Don't you find anything beautiful in nature (like the untouched nature thats untouched and altered by humanity)?
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-11-10 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung View Post
    You have the habit of answering your own question? Man, you sound like Bruce Willis's character in The Kid, where they talk about the orange looking full moon and he has the same indifference about the orange colored full moon as you do with the sun.
    LoL!

Lucre, by chance do you enjoy the silence of quiet mornings or peaceful starry nights? I ask only to get to know you a little bit better.
    I like me.

I do, I talk to myself all the time. Although I usually do not vocalized my dialogue in public, so as not to draw attention to myself more than needed. I'm also convinced many people are like that too ~ I didn't watch 'The Kid' though, and I have no fondness for the moon either, but I like the stars. But I wouldn't drive a mile just to look at it.

Maybe it's just the selected few people who can't appreciate the sunrise/sunset or the crescent/full moon.
    I'd always thought it was the other way round.

Lucre, what age range are you in? Do you have any aesthetic interest in art? Don't you find anything beautiful in nature (like the untouched nature thats untouched and altered by humanity)?
    I'm considered a young working adult. (Although sometimes I forgot the fact and thought I was only ten) I like art actually ~ I like architectures in particular; though I tend to be indifferent to nature, usually. Similarly, I don't share the same excitement of other people at the first sign of snow falling. It's just dry-rain in a sense, but some people would be very happy with them.

Lucre, by chance do you enjoy the silence of quiet mornings or peaceful starry nights? I ask only to get to know you a little bit better.
    Well, I enjoyed silence.
    o wilku mowa...♪