Thread: Holes in medical coverage

Default Holes in medical coverage

Be more prudent and careful in when buying medical insurance. Read these horror stories.

Holes in medical coverage

Horror tales when it comes to making claims
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

many years ago i attended a course that talks about the legalism of medical insurance, and that's when I realized that there is no medical insurance in this bloody world that actually covers that thoroughly, and the fact that these companies are excluding a lot of commonly known and some even lethal illness around; which they state in their contract; in fine print.

Many insurance agents are just salesmen, and they don't really know their product well enough to be honest, so they probably didn't know how sucky it is until somebody made a claim. So many of the people who bought these policies are often under false impression that they could make claims but in fact could not, due to the 'nature' of the procedures.

After looking through it, a part of me in my head hoped that, at least if I am suffering, let it not be the 'excluded' one.

Whilst they do not cover all illnesses, most agents failed to mention that to their clients, sometimes due to genuine ignorance, or other times for fear of losing sales. Some might tell you, but they would still convince you that these exclusions aren't going to have any big difference and eventually still convinced you to get it.

And how many of us really scrutinize the contract that carefully?

Just like when we wanted to hang a painting on the wall in our homes, do we just find the spot and drill a hole, or do we actually studied the blueprint of the house, and make sure that we do not accidentally drilled into a pipe or cable hidden behind the wall?

So we humans really do have to 'take responsibilities' for our failure to be prudent.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.