Thread: Films that are DISTURBING, films you could never see, and films you want to see HERE

Default Films that are DISTURBING, films you could never see, and films you want to see HERE

So basically include here what movies terrify you the most, psychologically, what movies you *might* consider seeing, and some which you could never see or are extremely unlikely to.

What are some disturbing films? The ones that mess with your head and disorientates you somewhat because they are psychologically unsettling. But the films that terrify me the most are ones in which people's bodies are invaded. It's our personal safe place and something we don't want others to intrude and f*ck up.

Films I saw in no order:

Leprechaun 4
    The Shining
    Audition
    Law Abiding Citizen

Films I have not seen but consider seeing:

Silence of the Lambs
    IT

Films I can't imagine stomaching:

The Human Centipede (YUK!)
    A Clockwork Orange

More to come, suggest something terrifying!

i gotta say, the film aftershock got me, even tho im fron the US and all and never even heard of the incident before movie, aftershock got me in tears, and i rarely (0.000001%) tear up over a movie or at all in general.

so ima put aftershock in disturbing

as for films i wanna c.... i wanna c another film that is similar to crouching tiger hidden dragon, hero, hidden dagger, 2046, etc u know those kinda artsy chinese film where u dont even know wat the hell happen at the end of the movie most of the time. i just like watching those for some reasons

also enjoy stephen chow movies in general (except for cj7).

films i dont want to see......... that human porkchop bun movie, forgot wats its called.

as for english movies, i'll do that next time, since ive seen too many and cant recall at this moment, too tired
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

When Battle Royale first came out, there was a huge hype around how disturbing it is. But when I saw it a few years later, I thought it was quite tame.

Some of the disturbing movies I heard about are:

-Daughter of Darkness: A demure young woman is reviled by her family, raped by her father (twice, and for lots of screen time), then slaughters them all.

-Men Behind the Sun. Here is a synopsis:

Men Behind the Sun tells the horrific story of Japanese prisoner camp 731 which doubled as a chemical warfare lab during World War II. Within this camp, the use of live humans in experimental weapons testing is witnessed by a group of teenage Japanese who have been sent there for training. Their experiences within the camp basically provide the framework for the director with which he can show repulsive acts of torture and brutality. When the young soldiers are first brought to the camp, they are forced to look at the Chinese and Russian prisoners as "maruta," which means kindling, or firewood. Basically, an inanimate object that provides use to others. In a separate plot line, the camp is being returned to the control of Lieutenant General Shiro Ishii, the head of chemical weapons experimentation in Japan. He can sense that the war is turning against Japan and is desperate to come up with the ultimate weapon that will turn the tide in his emperor's favor.

I went into Men Behind the Sun with a lot of pre-existing notions on how disgusting it was going to be. I had read reviews that said that it was one of the most vile films people had ever seen and ranked up there with “Cannibal Holocaust” as the most disturbing movie of all time. Needless to say I was not looking forward to the experience, but I wanted to form my own opinion. Before I get to the experiment scenes, I'll say that the acting and directing is really quite good. The teenage soldiers are likable and you can see the conflict they are going through with what they are witnessing. They have undying allegiance to their emperor, but the acts performed on the prisoners are those that no one should have to bear. The adults in the film however, save for one or two, are completely committed to their jobs and carry out their experiments with not a single moment of moral clarity. The experiments they perform on people range from the quick and relatively painless to drawn out horrors that are difficult to watch. One woman has her arms tied down to a block of wood while soldiers pour ice water over her bare arms. It being winter, her arms eventually develop severe frost bite and are virtually useless. They lead her inside where she is told to place her arms in near-boiling water. When she removes them the doctors grabs her forearms and literally rips the flesh from her bones and leaves it hanging in strips from her fingers. Another prisoner is forced to have his hands flash frozen after which his fingers are shattered into fragments with a hammer. There is also an actual autopsy performed on a child's body that is extremely tough to watch. However, the worst scene involves a naked prisoner thrown into a pressure chamber. I won't describe what happens, but suffice to say it was by far the most disturbing thing I've ever seen in a movie. There is also a scenes where a live cat is thrown into a pit of rats. I read many people's thoughts on this scene and the contention that this was real, but I have to disagree. Although it is well edited, there are many factors that lead me to believe that the scene is faked. What is seemingly not faked is later when the rats are doused with gasoline and set on fire, causing them to scurry in every direction screeching in pain.

The director stated in an interview (a written version is included on the DVD) that he wanted to make people aware of the horrors that the Japanese army committed during the war, especially on the Chinese. If that was his plan, he certainly succeeded. This is not a film that you are likely to forget anytime soon, not only because of the horrendous scenes you witness but also because of the realization that this and other horrible acts really occurred during the Japanese occupation of northeastern China.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

I will be the first to admit that I love to watch exploitative films...especially the really gruesome kind. Sometimes I'll enjoy a good thriller, but I try not to watch intelligent or meaningful films...LoL lest I am hampered with thinking. I own both IT and A Clockwork Orange...not that bad. IT was the worst between the two for me personally because as a child, I had a deep fear of clowns.

Films that are DISTURBING:
    Cannibal Holocaust [real animals died]
    The Last House on the Left [not the remake, mind you]
    Il Paese del Sesso Selvaggio or The Man From the Deep River
    I Spit on Your Grave '78
    Ichi the Killer
    .........well those are the only ones I can remember from the top of my head. My friend is introducing me to what he calls "real films" that incur horror...OK ahaha. He's European, and that market I rarely explore since I prefer to watch Asian movies and some American genres. He's also like 14 years older, so he's had much more time to "explore".

Movies like Battle Royale, Audition, Three, uhmmmmm.... all the Saws, Hostels, Nightmare on Elm Streets, Rob Zombies films, Romero films, Miike films, I own as a part of my personal collection. I'm largely desensitized. Oh I also enjoy Tarantino films.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I will be the first to admit that I love to watch exploitative films...especially the really gruesome kind. Sometimes I'll enjoy a good thriller, but I try not to watch intelligent or meaningful films...LoL lest I am hampered with thinking. I own both IT and A Clockwork Orange...not that bad. IT was the worst between the two for me personally because as a child, I had a deep fear of clowns.

Films that are DISTURBING:
    Cannibal Holocaust [real animals died]
    The Last House on the Left [not the remake, mind you]
    Il Paese del Sesso Selvaggio or The Man From the Deep River
    I Spit on Your Grave '78
    Ichi the Killer
    .........well those are the only ones I can remember from the top of my head. My friend is introducing me to what he calls "real films" that incur horror...OK ahaha. He's European, and that market I rarely explore since I prefer to watch Asian movies and some American genres. He's also like 14 years older, so he's had much more time to "explore".

Movies like Battle Royale, Audition, Three, uhmmmmm.... all the Saws, Hostels, Nightmare on Elm Streets, Rob Zombies films, Romero films, Miike films, I own as a part of my personal collection. I'm largely desensitized. Oh I also enjoy Tarantino films.
    I wouldn't be able to tell you love such films.

I was a horror film junkie, but even then I didn't like gruesome scenes; they make me cringe.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I will be the first to admit that I love to watch exploitative films...especially the really gruesome kind.
    Would not have guessed! You surprised moi.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    I wouldn't be able to tell you love such films.

I was a horror film junkie, but even then I didn't like gruesome scenes; they make me cringe.
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Would not have guessed! You surprised moi.
    Oh I love surprises! Especially when I'm the one responsible for them! hahahaha Actually I get such reactions alot lol
    I like me.