Thread: we all know......

Default we all know......

we all know......that yue buqin is a despicable hypocrite, but did he really/truly love and care for chong'er[at least at the beginning of the book]

is it safe to trust jinyongs writings on yues inner feelings about linghu or not, furthermore the same for his wife

sorry if this is a rehash, and kindly link me the threads if it is plz

p.s re-readin sod and notice so much foreshadowing in the book its insane

I'd say we can trust the feelings of Ning Zhong Ze (Madam Yue). She is a real upright character.
    I think at the beginning of SOD YBQ did have genuine affection for LHC, but to him anyone can be used as a means to an end. If his scheming had been quashed from the outset, then in all likelihood LHC could have succeeded him as Master of the Huashan school. I say "could" because LHC really is not suited to that role.

I think LHC was a pawn the whole time. He never went to any great effort to help LHC when he was in trouble, or took him into consideration. He obviously knows getting Lingshan to snare LPZ would devastate LHC, and he never inconvenienced himself for LHC's sake like when LHC was left behind in Huashan, or when he got upset when his purple energy cultivation manual was stolen by Monkey 6 for LHC. And then finally expelling him when it was too much trouble keeping him around.

He might have tolerated LHC favourably when things are dandy, but dude only cares about power when it gets down to it.

well sorta off topic but related to sod.
    the guys who destroyed lin pinzhi family, has the heart destroying palm, isn't that a technique from the 9 yin manual?

also the sun flower manual n is it the pixie sword style, whats the difference? so after yue bu qin casterated himself n learn the martial arts on the monks robe, did he get as strong or stronger then dong fong bubai?

did dong fan bu bai castered after taking of the sun moon sect, or did he recently castrated himself when ling hu chong came into the story?

is state of divinity in the ming dynasty? whats the time line after heaven sword dragon sabre?

n where did shaolin get the sun flower manual from?
    i also watch a tvb serial starring deric wan n ada choi, all about tin, is this a novel by jin yong? did that tvb series follow the novel? i remember in there it said stshaolin had the 9 yin manual then 2 people went to steal it, so after huang shang created the manual how did shaolin get it?

also off topic question but state of divinity related.
    the two people who founded hua shan, are they the two guys in heaven sword dragon sabre? in state of divinity it says that hua shan was made within 100 years, n not knowing what dynasty it is but more likely ming dynasty. so it makes sense that hua shan is made by those two hua shan guys in heaven sword dragon sabre.

also anyone watch movie zen of sword? the main guys knows the dugu 9 recluse sword play. how did his aunt learn it?

n i was reading wiki, it says in duke of mount deer novel, there was a monk that mentions a hero name ling hu chong to wei xiao bao when he went to shaolin, is this true?

n is the sun moon sect, the after math of the ming cult? after that one guy betrayed em n became king of ming?

Events of Xiaoao Jianghu take place during the Ming dynasty because in the novel Wudang school had been in existance for at least several generations. Also, in chapter 23 of Ludingji, whose time setting is the early Qing dynasty, there's a mention of Linghu Chong living in a certain former dynasty (听说前朝有位独孤败大侠,又有位令狐冲大侠). The name of the Shaolin monk who thought about Linghu Chong is Chengguan (澄观).

Yue Xiao and Cai Zifeng didn't Huashan, they just started the inner strength and sword subsects. That was after HSDS, as Yue and Cai were killed 60 years prior to Fang Zheng's narrative to Linghu Chong.

Given the antagonism which the wulin held against the Ming Government (you can tell that they didn't trust Linghu Chong when he was in his general mode, and they scorned Liu Zhengfeng when he said he was going to take up an official post) I'd estimate SPW to be set in the latter half of Wanli if not later, as that's when the Ming government really started to slide downhill. Several previous reigns such as Zhengde weren't great either, but during the second half of Wanli (1600 to 1620) it became really bad. Late Wanli would be about 150 years after HSDS (which was set just a few years preceding the victory of the Ming in 1368). Just a guess, though. Yue and Cai weren't around during the HSDS time for sure, though.

man you guys are very educated. reason i ask is because i'm watching different versions of state of divinity.

so far i think i like the tvb 96 version the best. the cgi may not be as good, but for back then standards they were cool. the action scenes choreography, ost, acting, and each sect had their own color costumes, weapons were cool.

watch the li ya peng version, it had only good settings, sword play was okay. watch the old school chow yan fat version. too old school. richie ren version had good fight scenes, n the song they play were from the jet li swordsman 2, it was cool, but they changed alot alot of the story as well as the other leads didnt fit their roles.

richie ren didn't fit, but after seeing him in those other series i got use to him, so it didnt matter for me. only the main leads were descent looking. but like i said they do have good fight scenes.

then started watching the steven ma jing tao version, legendary swordsman, it has pretty good fight scenes, but rely on too much slow motion, but they did have alot of explosions which kept me entertain. alot of the casting look good, since its a singapore production. costume, hair style was horrible tho. it was interesting how they used the jet li swordsman 2 storyline tho, dong fan bu bai following for ling hu chong etc.

so far i hope theres a remake coming. its been almost 10 years. i really want the remake to show more of the other dugu 9 sword styles, add in more cgi if you will as long as it looks good. also really need good fight scenes, costumes, casting, and ost. i hoped atv could've done a remake since there 90s series had the best swords fight scenes. even up to today, tvb, mainland china etc really only on cgi, while atv had good casting, ost, and good fight scenes.

but so far the tvb is best. they reused alot of the scenes, typical of tvb, fake props, tvb thing, but they make up for it in casting, acting, action scenes. the story flowed together better while the other series they all seem rush at certain part.

SOD needs less CGI. DG9J is spose to be brilliant but simple swordplay. It needs good choreography and less CGI.