Thread: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Default Edmonton, AB, Canada

So it's a very high probability that my job will be sending me to Edmonton, AB, CAN for 4 months for a project. Now, I've heard of Vancouver and Toronto and those places are definitely fun to visit... but for Edmonton, I'm drawing a blank.

So if you live there or ever been there, please tell me what there is to do there!! I really hope the next 4 months of my life will be spent in a great place with great food and restaurants and attractions but I'm fearing that it'll be more like a barron ice land. Prove me wrong?
    Last edited by CrazyT; 09-20-10 at 06:59 PM.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

Well, seems like no spcnet'er lives in Edmonton. In that case, I will update this thread once I find anything worthwhile to do there.
    I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

If you are going to be there this winter, head for WalMart or Mark's Work Warehouse for winter duds [They don't call their Pro Football club the 'Eskimos' for nothing]
    The University of Alberta is there, as well as the Provincial Government and Museum. There used to be some good restaurants, but I haven't been there for years and can't name any. You may pick up some good Ukrainian swear words from the locals.

This might help, if you haven't found this by now:
    http://www.discoveredmonton.com/
    Last edited by JamesG; 09-22-10 at 01:52 AM.

It will seem pretty cold if your from Texas. Errmmm...keep your expectations low? =p....I'm from Calgary, which is pretty close to where you are going and similar in terms of size layout, food, things to do ect..just a bit bigger. It's definitely not like living in Vancouver or Toronto, so if you expect that you will be pretty disappointed. I was in Texas (San Antonio) for a month last summer and absolutely loved it!! I would love to live their someday..can't imagine what it would be like to move from Texas to Alberta...a definite trade down imo....