Thread: Hui Juk - the most powerful individual in wulin *ever*?

Default Hui Juk - the most powerful individual in wulin *ever*?

In terms of martial arts, Hui Juk might have been second only to the Janitor Monk, but even setting aside his personal martial arts abilities, was Hui Juk also (excluding kings and princes who could command national armies) the most powerful person in wulin history in terms of the authority he held?

By the end of DGSD, he was the Leader of Siu Yiu Sect (although he was also its only member by that time), the Leader of Vulture Palace, the Leader of 1 Bun Tong (presumably, as Lee Chou Sui's heir and Prince Consort of Hsi Hsia), and Leader of the 72 Islands/36 Cave Dwellers.

I don't know of any other wulin individual who ever commanded that much authority.

any and every wulin mengjiu wielded more power i think[gulongverse], also the leader of the 5 mountain sword alliance. in terms of individual personal power though i can't think of any1 with more sects/clans/w.e then Xuzhu.

Wasn't he also effectively the leader of the Cosmos by then, having subdued Ding Chunqiu? The Cosmos sect seemed to have surrendered to the Sacred Vultures at Shaolin. He could have re-merged the two sects together and reformed the Carefrees.

I'd think Shaolin is still stronger both in total number of disciples and in number of high level martial artists. If all the Xuan generation monks along with some stronger disciples banded together, they could probably exterminate them rather easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I'd think Shaolin is still stronger both in total number of disciples and in number of high level martial artists. If all the Xuan generation monks along with some stronger disciples banded together, they could probably exterminate them rather easily.
    I agree that Shaolin has more high level fighters but _technically_, if they do band together, BAM! a couple of Decaying Corpse bombs and half of Shaolin will be dead.

That aside, Zhang Wuji and Guo Jing might have wielded comparable power in terms of the number of people they could command/direct. Of course, the difference is that ZWJ/GJ could only direct them into a narrow choice of actions (saving the country, fighting invaders) while XZ could make his followers help him loot/rape/pillage if he was so inclined.

Possibly, DFBB/RWX could mobilise similar forces compared to XZ as well. The amount of people that was mustered to march on Shaolin by the Sun Moon and associates was considerable too.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Zhang Wuji had armies numbering around 1 million under his command. Xu Zhu had a few thousands at most.

Guo Jing had the authority to summon quite a lot, but they would come to his aid not as subordinates (as the Ming Cult soldiers were to ZWJ).
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."