Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yeung Gor Hatred Analysis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I don't do drugs; drugs are bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Executive summary for those new to this mess:

Forum guy blames fictional characters for his failure to get some lovin' for 25 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    This is either:

1) A cry for help
    2) A cry for attention
    3) Jealousy.
    You guys [oddly, you're all male too] are so funny. I don't care for any of the mentioned JY heroes.
    I like me.

I guess that you mean Central Divinity Wong Chung Yeung.

The day hasn't been a total loss: you joined the forum today.
    Yup, you got it! Wong Chung Yeung was considered the best implying China's great history when it was the most powerful nation in the world. However, after WCY's death, his Taoist Sect went into a state of decline because WCY refused to let his disciplines practice the Nine-Yang Manual.

Obviously, Louis Cha implies that China, after years of greatness, fell behind the rest of the world in technology because of China's closed-door policies and refusing to learn from foreign influences.
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction

Funny ranting thread, Ken. Your 10 instructions are quite well thought and I mostly agree w/ you on them except for #10, as no matter how hard the YG/XLN haters here try the number of YG's/XLN's fanboys & fangirls will only increase, and prolly at a faster rate than the fandoms of GJ, XF, or ZWJ will.

Well, even in China where many people have read JY's major novels and know very well how totally kick@ss manly Xiao Feng is, he's still less popular than emo YG and his gugu by a considerable margin. In fact he's even less popular than Zhang Wuji. Guo Jing/HR do much better, but still, they are a little bit less well-known than YG/XLN.

The best prescription for you is totally shut yourself off from ROCH-related stuff. Too bad a wuxia forum moderator mode like you doesn't have the luxury of reading only the threads he likes. Luckily I'm not one, otherwise I'd have been sent into a sanatorium a long long time ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
    I challenge you to learning to read Legend of the Condor Heroes in Chinese along with me! How else can either of us be sure that we truly like/dislike the character?
    I'd advise anyone who hates YG/XLN against reading ROCH. I myself almost suffered fire deviation from just skimming thru it. Absolutely horrible novel for people who like LOCH characters.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    Funny ranting thread, Ken. Your 10 instructions are quite well thought and I mostly agree w/ you on them except for #10, as no matter how hard the YG/XLN haters here try the number of YG's/XLN's fanboys & fangirls will only increase, and prolly at a faster rate than the fandoms of GJ, XF, or ZWJ will.

Well, even in China where many people have read JY's major novels and know very well how totally kick@ss manly Xiao Feng is, he's still less popular than emo YG and his gugu by a considerable margin. In fact he's even less popular than Zhang Wuji. Guo Jing/HR do much better, but still, they are a little bit less well-known than YG/XLN.

The best prescription for you is totally shut yourself off from ROCH-related stuff. Too bad a wuxia forum moderator mode like you doesn't have the luxury of reading only the threads he likes. Luckily I'm not one, otherwise I'd have been sent into a sanatorium a long long time ago.

I'd advise anyone who hates YG/XLN against reading ROCH. I myself almost suffered fire deviation from just skimming thru it. Absolutely horrible novel for people who like LOCH characters.
    What it proves, fp, is that the majority of the world's people have no taste whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by forgot password View Post
    Well advised FP! One adaptation of ROCH was enough to scar me for life let alone reading the damn novel!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    Well advised FP! One adaptation of ROCH was enough to scar me for life let alone reading the damn novel!
    ROCH is evil.

It's like one of those martial arts or mazes that cause fire deviations or insanity in the practitioners.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiWitt View Post
    Yup, you got it! Wong Chung Yeung was considered the best implying China's great history when it was the most powerful nation in the world. However, after WCY's death, his Taoist Sect went into a state of decline because WCY refused to let his disciplines practice the Nine-Yang Manual.

Obviously, Louis Cha implies that China, after years of greatness, fell behind the rest of the world in technology because of China's closed-door policies and refusing to learn from foreign influences.
    lol .
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

What I don't get is all the YG worshipping left and right. Sure he is a hero and deserves to be liked and such but he seems to get waaay too many worshipping from fans than other characters. There are also quite a few number of those who hate or do not like him but they seem to be nowhere near as much as those hardcore fanatics. Everytime the haters criticise him he gets defended both by those who like him or those who simply try to be fair but seemingly hardly anyone of those who try to be fair speak against the supposedly overworshipping that he gets. This is all the impression that I'm getting after hanging around here at Spcnet for a while and I could be wrong.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 09-29-10 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    What I don't get is all the YG worshipping left and right. Sure he is a hero and deserves to be liked and such but he seems to get waaay too many worshipping from fans than other characters. There are also quite a few number of those who hate or do not like him but they seem to be nowhere near as much as those hardcore fanatics. Everytime the haters criticise him he gets defended both by those who like him or those who simply try to be fair but seemingly hardly anyone of those who try to be fair speak against the supposedly overworshipping that he gets. Even Laviathan who's known to be fair I've only seen him defend YG but I have never seen him defend other characters like GJ and ZWJ when they get criticised. This is all the impression that I'm getting after hanging around here at Spcnet for a while and I could be wrong.
    You want to know what it *really* is? It's because Yeung Gor is supposedly (and I quote here) "sooooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute and seexxxxxxxxxy!"

And that's all it is. In this sick society of ours, if somebody is "cute and sexy," they can literally and figuratively get away with murder. Black can become white, and white can become black. Day can become night, and night can become day. Gold can become sh*t, and sh*t can become gold.

Uhh so they're liked cause they're physically attractive. What's wrong with that?

Do you not like physically attractive women more than unattractive women? If two men are great heroes, and one is much more attractive than the other, do you actually blame women for liking the more attractive one more? If two women are both intelligent and personable, and both "click" with you, would you not pick the pretty one rather then the ugly one?

Hating someone for their good looks and the good fortune that comes with their good looks is even worse than liking someone solely for their good looks.

Our society is not sick, almost every single society values those who are more attractive.

Those that are born weak laugh at the strong brutes, the strong brutes laugh at the puny nerds, the ugly guys hate the attractive douches, the attractive douches smugly dismiss the ugly guys with no game. It's all a vicious cycle, and everyone would be better off not being so hateful.
    Last edited by tape; 09-29-10 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Uhh so they're liked cause they're physically attractive. What's wrong with that?
    Nothing, except that in the case of the hardcore Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl fans, they allow this to excuse EVERY flaw they have.

Being a pretty boy or pretty girl doesn't mean that one is entitled to get away with everything under the sun.

Hating someone for their good looks and the good fortune that comes with their good looks is even worse than liking someone solely for their good looks.
    Neither you nor anyone else is entitled to tell me who I can and I can't hate.

Only someone who's lived through what I have and truly understands that can claim that entitlement.

Neither you nor anyone else is entitled to tell me who I can and I can't hate.

Only someone who's lived through what I have and truly understands that can claim that entitlement.
    I am not telling you not to hate him him but I am free to share my view on how petty it is, just as you constantly classify anyone speaking about YG positively as a dumb, shallow schoolgirl more or less.

I am not telling you not to hate him him but I am free to share my view on how petty it is, just as you constantly classify anyone speaking about YG positively as a dumb, shallow schoolgirl more or less.
    Nothing that lasts twenty-five years and has caused so much suffering can be aptly described as "petty."

And all Yeung Gor fans I've encountered have been either literally or figuratively "dumb, shallow schoolgirls."

Dumb, shallow schoolgirls are the bane of my entire existence.

As a YG-neutral, I just find it very hard to hate him when he has accomplished so many great deeds and has made so many sacrifices in situations where 99% of the people wouldn't/couldn't do. All his minor faults added up weigh much less than his moments of huge heroism and large heart.

All his minor faults added up weigh much less than his moments of huge heroism and large heart.
    Pfft. Try *living* it.

Nothing that lasts twenty-five years and has caused so much suffering can be aptly described as "petty."

And all Yeung Gor fans I've encountered have been either literally or figuratively "dumb, shallow schoolgirls."

Dumb, shallow schoolgirls are the bane of my entire existence.
    Dude, nobody knows what you've been through except you, you're right. But I think a lot of us have read your Dianne/Rayann story, and that's more or less what we have to go by. You seem overly attached to certain things, to a point of it being a disorder. From an outsider's perspective, to see a normal person hate a fictitious character so much, and have that kind of obsessive personality which clearly needs help, it's hard for people to ignore it and not try to talk some sense into you. We all have after all come to know you in a sense over time.

Perhaps you don't need help, and perhaps we are the ones being silly and irrational to you, but you have to see it from our perspective. If a person likes to crap on the floor instead of the toilet, no matter what explanation he gives you, people will think it's weird and try to change his mind knowing it'll be for the better eventually.

Wow, that was a terrible analogy, but I think it holds

But I think a lot of us have read your Dianne/Rayann story, and that's more or less what we have to go by.
    And I want to know...DEAR GOD, I SO BADLY WANT TO KNOW, why is it "cool and romantic" when Yeung Gor does it, and "weird and sick" when I do it?!

WHY, DAMN IT?! WHY?! WHY?!!?!!!

And I want to know...DEAR GOD, I SO BADLY WANT TO KNOW, why is it "cool and romantic" when Yeung Gor does it, and "weird and sick" when I do it?!

WHY, DAMN IT?! WHY?! WHY?!!?!!!
    He didn't quite take the same approaches you took I don't believe

And he kind of is the strongest and smartest person of his generation, one of the best looking...heroic...etc. Sorry to inflate him, but it's kind of hard for him to do wrong in any normal girls' eyes, and understandably.

He didn't quite take the same approaches you took I don't believe

And he kind of is the strongest and smartest person of his generation, one of the best looking...heroic...etc. Sorry to inflate him, but it's kind of hard for him to do wrong in any normal girls' eyes, and understandably.
    I'm going to strangle the next person who claims that life is fair.