Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1181

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

  1. #21
    Senior Member IloveMimiLo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post








    Holy Samantha Brady the women in the middle nose is very long.

  2. #22
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    Opps, my bad! I keep mixing up the princes in Kangxi & Qianlong's era.
    haha, its okay!

    and is it just me, or do the actresses playing xiao yan zi and zi wei look similar? the more i look at them, the more similar they look. lol


  3. #23
    Member kengyew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    Holy Samantha Brady the women in the middle nose is very long.
    She looks Indian.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    I do find the actresses for Ziwei and XYZ a bit similar to each other, in that their facial expressions are close.

    Does anyone else feel that the actress for Ziwei looks like Moon Geun Young of Korea? Moon Geun Young is the child actress in Autumn Sonata, Queen Ming Cheng and lead actress in Painter of the Wind and Cinderella's Sister.

  5. #25
    Junior Member ilovejunkfood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Ooohhh I cannot stand the ear shape of the actress who play Ziwei! Her ears shape are so, so, so, weird. I don't know...
    Safety First!!
    No work is so urgent that you can forget safety!

  6. #26
    Member So Yen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    97

    Default

    I stop watching by the end of HZGG II and I consider that as the series finale. Haven't seen Leo Koo's HZGG III and probably never will because some things should just end where it ended. Why didn't they just make a whole new series rather than trying to continue HZGG? And those look-a-like don't really look like the originals at all.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    79

    Default

    i don't see why they cast look alikes for the new HZGG...
    if they really wanted to make a brand new version they should cast a completely refreshing cast.
    the new xiao yan zhi is ugly in my opinion, she is like an ugly version of vicky zhao and no, im not bias. i'm not a big fan of vicky and im not that much of a big fan of the old HZGG, true i enjoyed watching it but thats it.

    there are so many beautiful mainland actresses that could be cast as the soft spoken zhi wei... i don't get why they choose who they choose. she cant even compare to ruby lin even though ruby lins acting skills werent all that great in HZGG she was still VERY pretty in her role. this one? NAH.

    and the male cast? oh pleeeaase, im not even gonna go there *sigh*
    as someone said they look like they could be cast as little eunuches..

  8. #28
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Does anyone else feel that the actress for Ziwei looks like Moon Geun Young of Korea? Moon Geun Young is the child actress in Autumn Sonata, Queen Ming Cheng and lead actress in Painter of the Wind and Cinderella's Sister.
    um, i can kinda see that, but Moon Geun Young is SO much prettier IMO. lol

    Quote Originally Posted by So Yen View Post
    I stop watching by the end of HZGG II and I consider that as the series finale. Haven't seen Leo Koo's HZGG III and probably never will because some things should just end where it ended. Why didn't they just make a whole new series rather than trying to continue HZGG?
    yeah...i unfortunately did watch the third one, and will forever regret it. it was such a bad continuation of the story line, not to mention a totally different cast

    Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    i don't see why they cast look alikes for the new HZGG...
    if they really wanted to make a brand new version they should cast a completely refreshing cast.
    the new xiao yan zhi is ugly in my opinion, she is like an ugly version of vicky zhao and no, im not bias. i'm not a big fan of vicky and im not that much of a big fan of the old HZGG, true i enjoyed watching it but thats it.

    there are so many beautiful mainland actresses that could be cast as the soft spoken zhi wei... i don't get why they choose who they choose. she cant even compare to ruby lin even though ruby lins acting skills werent all that great in HZGG she was still VERY pretty in her role. this one? NAH.

    and the male cast? oh pleeeaase, im not even gonna go there *sigh*
    as someone said they look like they could be cast as little eunuches..
    i agree.. i never though vicki was that pretty in the first place, but the new xiao yan zi is even worse...-.-
    also agree on the zi wei part...there are so many pretty young actresses in mainland. SO many. lol. and just because they wanted a "newbie" and "fresh face" they couldnt pick some new actress that was still PRETTY? ruby lin was indeed very pretty as zi wei - much prettier than vicki's xiao yan zi, IMO. if anything, this zi wei is even uglier than xiao yan zi *sigh*


  9. #29
    Senior Member NarutoSakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Introducing " Li Sheng " , the new Xiao Yan Zi.




  10. #30
    Member GeShiYuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post


    I think the actresses who plays Fan Bing Bing and Rebecca Wang's counterparts are cute
    Last edited by GeShiYuan; 10-03-10 at 06:25 PM.

  11. #31
    Senior Member NarutoSakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    404

    Default

    The actress who plays the new Jin Xuo (Fan Bing Bing's character in the original) is named Yang Bing Bing in real life. Coincidence or what?

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    um..the reason they're cartoonish looking is probably because the girls are like staring their eyes out and posing weirdly? lol. just saying
    Haha, well yes the exaggerated cartoonish expressions/poses definitely don't help, but even in the pictures for the other characters, e.g. the Empress Dowager I get a "cartoony" vibe. Maybe it's due to the super-bright costumes and overdone photoshop/caked-on makeup?

    Quote Originally Posted by GeShiYuan View Post
    I think the actresses who plays Fan Bing Bing and Rebecca Wang's counterparts are cute
    Yup, I definitely think these two are the prettiest out of the bunch (better looking than XYZ & ZW) although like the others they also have that super "cutesy/cartoony" look. Actually, character-wise I liked Qing Er & Jin Suo more than XYZ/ZW by the end of HZGG2 (XYZ got super annoying and ZW turned super melodramatic). I felt sorry for Jin Suo--she was so loyal to her "xiao jie" and always had to suffer along with XYZ/ZW (thrown in jail, getting whipped, etc etc) but didn't get the "princess" benefits of the other 2. So maybe it's due to the characters they portrayed but I ended up liking FBB & Wang Yan as actresses more than Vicki/Ruby too.

    NarutoSakura, thanks for that interesting insight into Qiong Yao's decision to remake HZGG! I hope that means she's making the 2nd part less draggy and nonsensical. Although, I don't understand why she thought it was a "mistake" to have the 5th prince's mother die so early? I know in real history she lived to quite an old age (actually outlived the 5th prince I think who died really young in history), but I thought it worked well in HZGG. It explains why he has such a sweet personality and doesn't want to get involved in the usual "power struggles" in the palace (because he didn't have a concubine mother constantly pushing him to fight for the throne). Also you kinda feel sorry for him because he's almost an orphan too--growing up he didn't seem to have a close father-son relationship with the emperor (since he has tons of kids and is always busy with political stuff...)

  13. #33
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Haha, well yes the exaggerated cartoonish expressions/poses definitely don't help, but even in the pictures for the other characters, e.g. the Empress Dowager I get a "cartoony" vibe. Maybe it's due to the super-bright costumes and overdone photoshop/caked-on makeup?
    yeah, idk why that is, but the whole series (from the pictures anyway) give off this cartoonish, not-so-serious vibe. i dont like it


  14. #34
    Member pookagege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Xiao Yan Zhi & Rong Mo Mo





    Last edited by pookagege; 10-09-10 at 12:43 PM.

  15. #35
    Member pookagege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Zhi Wei






  16. #36
    Member pookagege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    161

    Default





    Ling Fei


    Princess Xing Rong (New Character?)

  17. #37
    Member pookagege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Xia Yu He


  18. #38
    Member pookagege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    161

    Default

    Qing Er & Tai Hao


  19. #39
    Member pookagege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    161

    Default




  20. #40
    Senior Member ChineseChik525's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,665

    Default

    eww...even rong muo muo is giving off a cartoon vibe. gross >.<

    Quote Originally Posted by pookagege View Post
    Ling Fei

    Princess Xing Rong (New Character?)
    ling fei looks really pretty, and princess xing rong is prettier than zi wei and xiao yan zi. im pretty sure thats not how its supposed to be, lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by pookagege View Post
    ...random white guy?? lol. oh, and out of all the princes/court men, the guy that plays the 5th prince looks the MOST like a eunuch. LOL


Similar Threads

  1. Holy Pearl [女娲传说之灵珠] 2011
    By abc123lol in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-07-12, 11:45 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-11, 02:50 PM
  3. Sisters of Pearl 《掌上明珠》
    By vinci90 in forum TVB Series
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-22-10, 06:43 PM
  4. New series 还君明珠 (黄少祺, 董洁) Torn Between Two Lovers
    By bluesky in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-09-09, 10:48 PM
  5. New series 让爱化作珍珠雨Let love be Pearl Rain-YU BO,Annie Wu,
    By bella7003 in forum Mainland China TV Series
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-09-07, 03:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •