Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    What are the Chinese people's review of this drama? YAY? Neh?! I read some of the other forums, people are really enjoying this series and the love between Xiao Yanzi and Yongqi. IS there another remake? I don't know what they're watching, but the one I AM watching is driving me crazy.
    I've been following a few public forums like baidu, Sina weibo, and HunanTV comments section. Most people are following this drama for the YQ/XYZ's storyline, and like you, their apparent lack of development is driving everyone CRAZY.
    Need to stop being lazy...

I really do hope that people actually stop bashing it just because its not the same as the original. If you wanted to see the original storyline its simple just watch the original. Just think about it as if this was actually the original, and the other one was a remake, you'd prob be bashing the other one. Im actually really loving season 2 and its getting quite addictive whereas season 1 actually annoyed me quite abit. I think the script was written in a way to suit season 2 and maybe make season 3 better and thats the only reason why it was written this way.

And OMG Benji knows how to write music as well? Haha
    And we hear the original theme tune in episode 43!

Quote Originally Posted by sakhee View Post
    I really do hope that people actually stop bashing it just because its not the same as the original. If you wanted to see the original storyline its simple just watch the original. Just think about it as if this was actually the original, and the other one was a remake, you'd prob be bashing the other one. Im actually really loving season 2 and its getting quite addictive whereas season 1 actually annoyed me quite abit. I think the script was written in a way to suit season 2 and maybe make season 3 better and thats the only reason why it was written this way.

And OMG Benji knows how to write music as well? Haha
    And we hear the original theme tune in episode 43!
    i share your sentiments as well, but I think a lot of us are frustrated by the really poor script. We expected a lot more from Qiong Yao, but season 1 was a disappointment. However, season 2 looks good so far, and I'm excited for YQ/XYZ and QE/XJ.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    i share your sentiments as well, but I think a lot of us are frustrated by the really poor script. We expected a lot more from Qiong Yao, but season 1 was a disappointment. However, season 2 looks good so far, and I'm excited for YQ/XYZ and QE/XJ.
    Whats more frustrating is the fact that people are disregarding this series without even have watched it. It's like saying you cant write a novel if your life depended on it just from reading their posts on a novel they've written.

Season one started dragging a bit towards the middle to the end. I really wanted to see the new developments between Yong Qi and XYZ. I feel a bit cheated by the teasers and trailers and photos! >.<

I'm enjoying season 2 a little more, but emo Benji has got to snap out of it!! He was aggravating enough in season 1, and being emo is not going to help at all!

With that aside, does anyone have any references as to where I might be able to d/l the DVD files? I've been streaming them, but recently it's been a bit choppy for me to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by RaIn33 View Post
    With that aside, does anyone have any references as to where I might be able to d/l the DVD files? I've been streaming them, but recently it's been a bit choppy for me to watch.
    If you know Chinese, you can download both TV/DVD version here:

TV version is also available on AliceChen's World blog here

With that aside, does anyone have any references as to where I might be able to d/l the DVD files? I've been streaming them, but recently it's been a bit choppy for me to watch.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by RaIn33 View Post
    I'm enjoying season 2 a little more, but emo Benji has got to snap out of it!! He was aggravating enough in season 1, and being emo is not going to help at all!
    What is he sad about? Lack of screentime?

Hahaha. He's definitely not lacking in screen time, but he finally decides that "He's not the one for her".

I've visited the links before. Trying to find consistent size and file types for some eps. >.< (~300mb mp4 files)

忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Look, I'll be honest and say that I found the first two Huan Zhu Ge Ge series a little over the top... often stretching one's incredulity but at least it was heartwarming. This new adaptation is really a shell of the "originals"... the female leads, in particular, don't seem to have the charisma rise above a mediocre script. And putting a foreigner into the mix without thinking through the consequences of it... well... we've discussed that to death.

I'm probably older than most on this thread and the cynical side of me tends to think that the writer, producers are trying to milk the cash cow for what it's worth without trying to properly re-envision the mythos for a new generation. I'm not against remakes or new adaptations... I'm really enjoying the new Journey to the West, Three Kingdoms and Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu but in those instance where the script is weak, at least the acting can carry the show.

People expect a lot more from remakes... so they should. Remakes are remakes because the originals are wildly successful and show runners are banking on that success. If new versions don't live up to the earlier reputation, audiences are rightly disappointed. While they don't expect a carbon copy of the earlier productions, they expect the show to hold on to the spirit of the original story.
    Last edited by Easter Lily; 08-08-11 at 10:27 PM.

40 episodes later and I STILL don't have my confession yet?!

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    Look, I'll be honest and say that I found the first two Huan Zhu Ge Ge series a little over the top... often stretching one's incredulity but at least it was heartwarming. This new adaptation is really a shell of the "originals"... the female leads, in particular, don't seem to have the charisma rise above a mediocre script. And putting a foreigner into the mix without thinking through the consequences of it... well... we've discussed that to death.

I'm probably older than most on this thread and the cynical side of me tends to think that the writer, producers are trying to milk the cash cow for what it's worth without trying to properly re-envision the mythos for a new generation. I'm not against remakes or new adaptations... I'm really enjoying the new Journey to the West, Three Kingdoms and Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu but in those instance where the script is weak, at least the acting can carry the show.

People expect a lot more from remakes... so they should. Remakes are remakes because the originals are wildly successful and show runners are banking on that success. If new versions don't live up to the earlier reputation, audiences are rightly disappointed. While they don't expect a carbon copy of the earlier productions, they expect the show to hold on to the spirit of the original story.
    I actually watched an interview by Vicki Zhao where she mentioned when she went to Taiwan 2 years ago to visit Qiong Yao, she was the one who suggested to her about doing a remake. Vicki felt Qiong Yao needed something to keep her busy from the monotony of life and told her to rewrite Huan Zhu since QY always felt something special for series.. The purpose of the remake for Qiong Yao was to fix all the flaws and lost opportunities from the past series. Apparently, this plan backfired and we have Benjamin.

40 episodes later and I STILL don't have my confession yet?!
    YQ's confession is TV version ep. 39 and first kiss is ep. 41. I think DVD version for the confession is ep.42 and kiss ep.44?
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-09-11 at 12:31 AM.

They finally kiss?!! Alright, I'm skipping straight to ep. 39 then! XD

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    They finally kiss?!! Alright, I'm skipping straight to ep. 39 then! XD
    actually that scene was very cute. i love how they were fighting over the bowl of noodles...great chemistry between the two! finally YQ plucked up the courage and did something.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post

YQ's confession is TV version ep. 39 and first kiss is ep. 41. I think DVD version for the confession is ep.42 and kiss ep.44?
    OMG. *drops everything *** running to search for ep 42. Gimme gimme.

The powers above has answered my prayers!!!!!

thank u thank u thank u thank u JoleCole. Kiss kisss kiss kiss hug hugg kisss kiss hugg huggg....

The purpose of the remake for Qiong Yao was to fix all the flaws and lost opportunities from the past series. Apparently, this plan backfired and we have Benjamin.
    LOL, most of us here (as well as other forums) dislike over-emphasized third-parties-with-too-much-screentime like Benjamin (the other example was Ru Yi in Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei, but at least she was killed off there). But in NHZGG, there is not just one but TWO annoying third-parties butting into our precious YQ & XYZ - Benjamin and Xin Rong Ge Ge b*tch!!!
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Wow, thanks JoleCole for letting us know! I'll only watch those parts. I've skipped a lot of parts as I'm watching this on the Internet, hence I'm dependent on reviews here and there to look for the parts worth watching. Plus I'm kinda traumatized by one trailer part I've seen of YQ having a bed scene with Xin Rong Ge Ge (1:02 in this vid):

Like Love Lee, I hope it's not true

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Plus I'm kinda traumatized by one trailer part I've seen of YQ having a bed scene with Xin Rong Ge Ge (1:02 in this vid):

Like Love Lee, I hope it's not true
    Sorry to disappoint you all, but XinRong+YongQi= Son is TRUE. Like xiaolong, I was super tramaticized by initial revelation of a "bed scene" between XinRong and YongQi. So I couldn't take it and message a film editor of NHZGG on weibo. He privately messaged me back and confirmed XinRong and YongQi do have a son together. It was confirmed again by the actress who played YongQi's mother on weibo. I HATE QY for torturing us with this ridiculous plot!

Sorry to disappoint you all, but XinRong+YongQi= Son is TRUE. Like xiaolong, I was super tramaticized by initial revelation of a "bed scene" between XinRong and YongQi. So I couldn't take it and message a film editor of NHZGG on weibo. He privately messaged me back and confirmed XinRong and YongQi do have a son together. It was confirmed again by the actress who played YongQi's mother on weibo. I HATE QY for torturing us with this ridiculous plot!
    All hope is gone now. I die.

All hope is gone now. I die.
    I'm not giving up on this drama yet. I still want to see more YQ/XYZ's development. I mean, I suffered through HZGG3. I'm sure I can torture myself again and stick through this version.