Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Finally found an English forum on NHZGG, ive been enjoying reading all the post here, wish the official facebook page was in English. Does anyone know when TVB will be airing this drama in cantonese? Ive been watching it but my mandarin is very limit, still I quite like the new version. Am loving the new Er Kang, I think his really good. I also feel for YQ and Er Tai as I think Benj has definately taken alot of screen time away from them, especially Er Tai, he doesnt have much to say in this new version. The new version is actually quite funny and also the sad scenes seems to be sadder.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I actually do like the new actors for Er Tai and Yong Qi! Although not the eye candy that Alec Su was. Now I'm having evil thoughts of photoshopping Benjamin's head bald so that he stops being such a sore thumb *rubbing hands in glee*

OK, no matter what, QY still has to have her beloved Benjamin in every scene even in the better season. Sorry, i still continue to dislike him in Season 2.
    I think I would prefer this drama better had Benji's character not been created. I hate his character, even with all it's perfection. There I said it. Let the bashing on me begin for all the Benji fans.

lol Anti - Benjamin fan right here. I disliked him in S1, into S2, and since there are 3 rounds...he's already lost two. This is a losing battle for him in my eyes.

I would have liked it better if QY had removed Benjamin to focus more screen time for Er Tai and Yong qi. I would have liked to see Yong Qi battle his feelings for Xiao Yanzi, knowing the road ahead looks grim and yet he cannot resist the lure she has on him. I would then like to see MORE of Er Tai liking Xiao Yanzi, admiring her care free and naive nature, but battling to move forward or not. And then when Season 2 comes around, if I was QY, I would insert a character that has traveled with Xiao Yanzi's brother all these years together. I would make him, like all the other characters, Chinese. Together, Xiao Yanzi's brother and him traveled all these years together, as brothers and friends. He takes an interests to Xiao Yanzi, falling for her for the same reasons Er tai and Yong Qi did. .....And then seeing how hard it is for her to cope with the life in the palace, he would always battle with his loyalty towards his new found friend, Xiao yanzi's brother, and what is the best thing for Xiao Yanzi is. Always troubled and hurt seeing her love for Yong Qi ....and yet also seeing her struggles BECAUSE of this love .. My imaginary character will always be on the verge of wanting to take her away from palace life .... from Yong Qi...... to have a future with him OR forever burying his feelings. Always troubled...

And Thus...this would bring out the Jealous Yong Qi that we all adore and Love. Yong Qi would see my imaginary character's interest in Xiao Yanzi and start fearing he will lose her. KNowing that life in the palace is difficult for Xiao yanzi and that this character, who is so much like Xiao Yanzi's brother....and so much like Xiao Yanzi herself.... that it would make Yong Qi fear this character would be a better match for Xiao Yanzi than him. This would make Yong Qi jealous, troubled, and scared.

And maybe to spice things up for Season 3, i would give this imaginary character a motive and what not. SEE! I made this up in 2 minutes and it is STILL better than the idea of "Benji." lol

If there is ANOTHER remake, QY...can I help you re-write? please pretty pretty please? IF you really want QY, I will try to smoothly insert mac donalds and hot chocolate in remake number 2 too.
    Last edited by LoveLee; 08-11-11 at 01:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    I think I would prefer this drama better had Benji's character not been created. I hate his character, even with all it's perfection. There I said it. Let the bashing on me begin for all the Benji fans.
    That is the issue. He is far too perfect. He moved China at 15 years old, but he can play violin, "western" boxing, cooking, painting, educated and speak Chinese. And all these he can do really well. Consider the period in time, it just doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't have time to master all these. He doesn't have any character flaws, he's just too perfect and boring as a character. It's totally unrealistic.
    I watched an interview, where they said the new series has 70% new story, I guess 90% is where Benjamin shows up.

I actually don't mind Benjamin, if he had a better and more realistic story. Too bad QY couldn't write a good story for him.

Meh, I don't know if I want more guys falling for XYZ when I don't particularly like her myself (this version). If only this XYZ is likable, I could have put up with anything. Benjamin, crappy story, ANYTHING.

Sounds like the show is traversing into soap opera territory. Yawn.
    Last edited by Easter Lily; 08-11-11 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    I'm really enjoying this adaptation even with the crappy cuts. It's true that the latter eps have been much better.
    It's been a while since I saw the 1986 version but I don't remember Bajie being this whiny.
    LMAO...sorry sorry, I nearly choked on my dinner! The first sentence made total sense, then I got to "1986 version" and thought, "O_o what there's an old version of HZGG I don't know about?! How is this possible?!" Then I got to "Bajie" and everything made sense again. Then I checked the title to make sure I had clicked on the right thing! (Wrong thread, I assume? )

Quote Originally Posted by coolchan View Post
    That is the issue. He is far too perfect. He moved China at 15 years old, but he can play violin, "western" boxing, cooking, painting, educated and speak Chinese. And all these he can do really well. Consider the period in time, it just doesn't make any sense. He wouldn't have time to master all these. He doesn't have any character flaws, he's just too perfect and boring as a character. It's totally unrealistic.
    I watched an interview, where they said the new series has 70% new story, I guess 90% is where Benjamin shows up.

I actually don't mind Benjamin, if he had a better and more realistic story. Too bad QY couldn't write a good story for him.
    yep. Exactly how I feel. Reflect back to one of my earlier post when i said this remake lacks realism. I'd be watching a Xiao Yanzi or Zi Wei moment and be totally into the scene. Then BOOM! Like a hard smack in the face....Benjamin would appear with hot chocolate or something and remind me how impossible that concept is in THAT period and time. I have a hard time believing in the story line. so inconsistent.

How are the ratings so far? Where can one check the ratings for mainland shows?

Quote Originally Posted by Vienne94 View Post
    How are the ratings so far? Where can one check the ratings for mainland shows?
    Ratings are pretty good but not great. I bet HunanTV expected higher ratings for their big investment. So far, their highest rating was on Aug. 10 (1.94), which was comparatively lower than Gong, and lowest was around 1.02. Gong exceeded 2 points after their 2nd episode and broke 3 points for the later episodes.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-12-11 at 12:16 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Saiya is really pretty. lol Xiao yanzi Zi wei who now? (jokes) My eyes keep migrating to watch Saiya. sHE has awesome screen presence

Rating just reached a new record. For yesterday TV episodes 47 and 48, it finally broke 2 points (2.08)/ a percentage of 9.59%..

Bet the ratings only went up when our beloved YQ & XYZ love story started happening. OOHHH YQ & XYZ But even then, I find there's not enough of our lovebirds

Also, people are probably opting to tune onto the Internet to see the series instead of watching the series on TV so that they can FF Benji scenes, hahaha!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-12-11 at 09:50 AM.

^ i had no idea you even watched the NHZGG series, xiaolong! lol

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    Saiya is really pretty. lol Xiao yanzi Zi wei who now? (jokes) My eyes keep migrating to watch Saiya. sHE has awesome screen presence
    u r right, i love saiya and her actor!!

what is the story now which is being aired in TV?
    is it true that DVD and OST have been released?

OMG...YQ and XYZ in TV episode 52 are getting sooo FREAKIN ADORABLE! Love them to death!....LOL...YongYan lovers must watch that scene of YQ and XYZ holding hands walking through the imperial garden at night

TV Ep. 51 = Xiang Fei makes her first appearance
    TV Ep. 52 = YQ and XYZ's second kiss; the hated XinRong makes her appearance; YQ's buttock touching scene...LOL

Screen Captures from TV ep.52 (resolution is not great)

YQ's feeling a little down when XYZ is thanking Benji and not him...
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/jealous-Copy.jpg')

His face completely brightens up when XYZ remembers to thank him as well...he's so easily satisfied
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/yqhappy2-Copy.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/eyecontact-Copy.jpg')
    Finally some alone time for YongYan
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o390/jolecole/hands-Copy.jpg')

P.S. You can watch all the tv episodes on the HunanTV website.

http://www.imgo.tv/columndetailed-1335-2.shtml
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-14-11 at 08:42 PM.

I quite enjoy their 2nd kiss and it's the sweetest scene of Yong Yan so far (I mean the acting). However, it was totally turned off at the last scene of the holding-hands-walking-through-the-imperial-garden-at-night. I was like: "What?! What was Yongqi doing?". XYZ said that she was hurt after falling and then Yongqi put his hands on her a s s ?! Don't know why the director added that scene since it's not romantic at all but weird to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    I quite enjoy their 2nd kiss and it's the sweetest scene of Yong Yan so far (I mean the acting). However, it was totally turned off at the last scene of the holding-hands-walking-through-the-imperial-garden-at-night. I was like: "What?! What was Yongqi doing?". XYZ said that she was hurt after falling and then Yongqi put his hands on her a s s ?! Don't know why the director added that scene since it's not romantic at all but weird to me.
    I doubt that was the director's idea but probably scripted out by Qiong Yao. I thought the scene was freakin hilarious. It was the first time I heartily laughed out loud while watching the new HZGG. I didn't take that scene too seriously, and took it as pure comedy. I guess if I have to analyze the scene, it just shows that YQ cares so much about XYZ that he completely forgot about proper etiquette between the sexes.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-14-11 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cutefan View Post
    what is the story now which is being aired in TV?
    is it true that DVD and OST have been released?
    I also saw on the facebook page that the DVD will be released end of August and end of September, not sure where you can buy and if its the official copy or not. I hope they will release one with english sub.

Quote Originally Posted by al1227uk View Post
    I also saw on the facebook page that the DVD will be released end of August and end of September, not sure where you can buy and if its the official copy or not. I hope they will release one with english sub.

OST will be release on the 19th August, you can preorder on yesasia. Does anyone know if they will be the DVD with english sub?