Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by al1227uk View Post
    OST will be release on the 19th August, you can preorder on yesasia. Does anyone know if they will be the DVD with english sub?
    doubt it, HZGG is a chinese drama and sad news, but i think they will only release it with chinese as the language.

Quote Originally Posted by guoluoluo View Post
    doubt it, HZGG is a chinese drama and sad news, but i think they will only release it with chinese as the language.
    Did they ever release the old version with english sub? I have the old version (season 1 & 2) on VCD in cantonese. I hope they do this new one in cantonese too.

I actually really enjoy this new version only cos all the guys are really cute!! Sad that Er Tai is not going to be in it anymore, I really liked him. I also really like Er Kang. Does everyone here like YQ more?

Quote Originally Posted by al1227uk View Post
    Did they ever release the old version with english sub? I have the old version (season 1 & 2) on VCD in cantonese. I hope they do this new one in cantonese too.

I actually really enjoy this new version only cos all the guys are really cute!! Sad that Er Tai is not going to be in it anymore, I really liked him. I also really like Er Kang. Does everyone here like YQ more?
    I'm sure they will since they've advertised this series on TVB in Hong Kong. Just not sure when they'll be airing it.

I got to say XYZ is driving me crazy! I mean seriously doesnt she ever learn from her mistakes? I know part of her "charm" is her mischievous nature but she needs to learn to control herself better. The more i watch her I wanna smack her sometimes! I just had to get that off my chest. I find myself ff some of her scenes cuz i cant stand her.

I maybe different from others, i prefer the scene between ziwei and erkang (although the cast for zi wei isnt same as ruby has played formerly).i also read that public in china dont like hai lu cast as zi wei,..
    in what episode do they have romantic scene? after ertai and saiya got married..
    and the the episode in sugoideas.com is he version in tv version or dvd version?

Ok is it just me, but Yong Qi in this series is a jerk... He is really rude and mean to XYZ... I don't like him... I think the actor is sooo cute, but yong qi's character is a terrible. He knows Xiao Yan Zi is annoying, makes mistakes, creates a lot of trouble but yet he insist on loving XYZ and insist on taking XYZ from BENJI. (Note: I love all XYZ flaws btw) In the end he treats XYZ as if she has to be perfect, perfect around his mom, and he says offensive things to her like you know a lot of weird Jiang Hu people. I don't like Yong Qi at all. Especially the hair part with his mom, XYZ didn't even do it on purpose but he yelled at her so furiously as if he doesn't love her. I feel that Yong Qi being mean is realistic, but the fact that he loves her is unrealistic. A prince who so high and so perfect, loving a person who is so unperfect is not realistic.

I love benji's character... He is the best... Next would be er tai... Love them both. Too bad, we'll no longer see Er tai!

I agree that Benji is too perfect. I think because he is too perfect, he over takes Yong Qi. Because of Benji, Yong Qi is over shadowed, and his character is rude and mean.
    Last edited by lilo_neda; 08-15-11 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo_neda View Post
    Ok is it just me, but Yong Qi in this series is a jerk... He is really rude and mean to XYZ... I don't like him... I think the actor is sooo cute, but yong qi's character is a terrible. He knows Xiao Yan Zi is annoying, makes mistakes, creates a lot of trouble but yet he insist on loving XYZ and insist on taking XYZ from BENJI. (Note: I love all XYZ flaws btw) In the end he treats XYZ as if she has to be perfect, perfect around his mom, and he says offensive things to her like you know a lot of weird Jiang Hu people. I don't like Yong Qi at all. Especially the hair part with his mom, XYZ didn't even do it on purpose but he yelled at her so furiously as if he doesn't love her. I feel that Yong Qi being mean is realistic, but the fact that he loves her is unrealistic. A prince who so high and so perfect, loving a person who is so unperfect is not realistic.

I love benji's character... He is the best... Next would be er tai... Love them both. Too bad, we'll no longer see Er tai!

I agree that Benji is too perfect. I think because he is too perfect, he over takes Yong Qi. Because of Benji, Yong Qi is over shadowed, and his character is rude and mean.
    i agree a bit about your part on YQ. i remember in one of the previous episodes (i think it was a conversation with YQ and Benji) YQ was a bit hesitant when Benji asked him if he would be willing to give up his A-Ge position for XYZ. That made me kinda annoyed....I think I'm rooting for Benji-XYZ scenes. He is super caring...I wished there were more scenes for this triangle...I feel like Benji understands XYZ so much better. I'm not feeling XYZ's love for YQ but I do feel her concern/care for Benji. YQ is really good at being jealous of XYZ's admiration for her friends though... (Xiao Jian, Benji).

Quote Originally Posted by cutefan View Post
    I maybe different from others, i prefer the scene between ziwei and erkang (although the cast for zi wei isnt same as ruby has played formerly).i also read that public in china dont like hai lu cast as zi wei,..
    in what episode do they have romantic scene? after ertai and saiya got married..
    and the the episode in sugoideas.com is he version in tv version or dvd version?
    Me too, me too, I prefer ziwei and erkang. I think sugoideas is the dvd version.

That's why the addition of Benji is a bad bad idea. Maybe in the hands of someone capable, then it would have worked but in the hands of QY....well, you see where I'm going with this. Somewhere in QY's twisted little mind, she probably thought: Oh, here is someone who is absolutely perfect and better than YQ in every single way. XYZ has the option to pick him instead of YQ, but she didn't. She picked YQ and thus proven that their love is so true and special!

Lawl QY needs to pay more attention to her Kdrama. The thing is, Kdrama usually (not all the time!) shows why the heroine goes for the main dude based on either their interactions together or the little special things that the main dude does for the heroine, something that shows he understands her more than the nice dude.

But in this remake, QY spent way too much time building the relationship between Benjamin and XYZ and probably relied on the audience's love for the pairing YQxXYZ to do the rest. Same thing she did to the relationship between ZWxXYZ. They met and suddenly became sisters for no apparent reason except that this is how the story goes.

So then we get all this BenjixXYZ and bam, she chose YQ. This leaves the audience wondering, what would have happened had Benji been the one to confess first? The role of a third person either makes or breaks the couple and in this case, it's a break.

....Yeah I hate QY, sue me.

just out of curiosity.. who does she pair benjamin with in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Cinderella.

Kidding, I heard he goes back to US alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    No one. He returns to Great Britain where he belongs for good! Sorry, I'm a Benji hater. No matter how great or nice Benji is, I find him superfluous and he ruins the magic of all the relationships in the HZGG story.
    Need to stop being lazy...

No one. He returns to Great Britain where he belongs for good! Sorry, I'm a Benji hater. No matter how great or nice Benji is, I find him superfluous and he ruins the magic of all the relationships in the HZGG story.
    that is thoroughly depressing

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    So agree with you!!! I can't stand Benji. He's so nice it's boring to watch him. And he definitely has taken away special events and connections for XYZ with ZW and YQ.

I saw him on a China talk show (Happy Camp I think) and he mentioned that QY saw him on a singing competition in Taiwan and wrote the Benji character especially for him. I'm guessing that's why he even uses his real name in the series. It's fine to add him if she likes him, but no need to do it at the expense of the story line and development of the 4 main characters. And I couldn't believe he's 3rd in the opening song credits!!

Quote Originally Posted by lilo_neda View Post
    Ok is it just me, but Yong Qi in this series is a jerk... He is really rude and mean to XYZ... I don't like him... I think the actor is sooo cute, but yong qi's character is a terrible. He knows Xiao Yan Zi is annoying, makes mistakes, creates a lot of trouble but yet he insist on loving XYZ and insist on taking XYZ from BENJI. (Note: I love all XYZ flaws btw) In the end he treats XYZ as if she has to be perfect, perfect around his mom, and he says offensive things to her like you know a lot of weird Jiang Hu people. I don't like Yong Qi at all. Especially the hair part with his mom, XYZ didn't even do it on purpose but he yelled at her so furiously as if he doesn't love her. I feel that Yong Qi being mean is realistic, but the fact that he loves her is unrealistic. A prince who so high and so perfect, loving a person who is so imperfect is not realistic.

Since I'm such a Benji's hater, I'm gonna be the Devil's advocate for YQ, even though I may not approve of his yelling at XYZ. And for the sake of the argument, let's ignore the unrealistic fact that the princely YQ fell in love with the imperfect XYZ.

I know HZGG is almost pure historical fiction...I mean "almost" because there is still that "historical" context we need to consider when we judge the characters. Since I know the ending of this remake and what YQ sacrificed to be with XYZ, I cannot deny YQ's love for XYZ is anything less than Benji. His love may not be as understanding, unconditional, and thoughtful as Benji‘s, but it's still profound love.

First, YQ is an imperial prince who has great prospects of succeeding his father as the next Emperor of the Qing Empire. From birth, he can have any material wealth he wants, countless servants/slaves girls to come to his beck and call, and power to order/command. His mother absolutely dotes on him and esteems him as her only pride and joy. oh yea...and let's not forget he has the rights and privilege to take multiple wives/concubines to see to his daily comforts. So, I'm surprised he didn't turn out to be an absolute snob, much less always the first to apologize when he and XYZ argue. No matter what, YQ in the end lives as a nobody in a remote village of Yunnan Province just to be with XYZ. He did not only abandon his entitled luxuries and candidacy to inherit an empire, but his familial connections as well which include his most beloved mother. So, do I blame YQ for hesitating at first to give up his princely status and privileges for girl who hasn't even requited his love? No. It's common human nature to hesitate if anyone must make such a huge sacrifice. I would find it rather odd if someone like YQ didn't hesitate.

In contrast, what does Benji need to sacrifice for XYZ? His British citizenship? He must suffer ostracism from his own countrymen for marrying a Chinese girl? Well...John Rofle married the Indian princess Pocahontas and brought her back to England as his trophy wife. I doubt Benji will encounter any setbacks even if he marries XYZ and brought her back to England. In fact, I even believe XYZ will elevate his social position since she is still regally regarded as a Qing princess. Furthermore, he's just a common British nobleman free and independent to pursue his love of arts and apprenticing under a great Jesuit master. What great expectations does Benji need to meet? Does he need to please his father/grandmother in order to provide a safe haven and secure a good future for his mom in the palace? It's unfair to compare Benji and YongQi in what they can do for XYZ, because apparently, Benji has less on his plate to worry about, except for XYZ.

Lastly, regarding YQ yelling at XYZ over his mom's hair, I agree I dislike men who raise their voice. But I do empathize with YQ's position. XYZ was a total blockhead for trying pull the pin out of Concubine Yu's hair when she and all the maids were screaming at her to stop. I know XYZ has good intentions, but she really lacks common sense. YQ was rude to XYZ, but it's not like XYZ was never insolent and mean to others.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-16-11 at 04:22 AM.

This drama is giving me seizures. >.<

Agree agree agree. Still despise Benji's character and all his perfections.

Yong Qi in this remake is not very likeable. He always seems to be annoyed with Xiao Yanzi. Alec Su played Yong Qi beautifully. Even during times when he was annoyed, his expressions displayed care, annoyance, but also 'troubled.' Like he was scared she'd be taken away. The new Yong Qi however, all I feel is annoyance. Sometimes I wonder if he really loves Xiao Yanzi OR if he just wants her to compete with Benji.

If Benji's character wasn't so darn perfect and he didn't take up EVERY scene from EVERYONE, ...then maybe...just maybe....i would have rooted for him.

I am going to wait until Xiao Yanzi's brother gets more parts. Since Romance with Xiao yanzi and Yong Qi has been brutally butchered, I'm going to divert my attention to other love stories.

***mourning the lost of my Er Tai***

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    This drama is giving me seizures. >.<
    I know! I think I've gained a few strands of white hair cuz of this drama. I've convinced myself countless time to stop watching but every time I go back on my own words cuz I can't help myself I'm too attached to the HZGG series no matter how frustrating the remake gets. The more spoilers i read about the ending, the more I dread about watching the later episodes....

***mourning the lost of my Er Tai***
    I totally miss Er Tai. The gang is not the same without him.

Annoying when Benjamin speaks English, he can't even do a British accent

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I totally miss Er Tai. The gang is not the same without him.
    How so? Most of the time they pretend he's just part of the background anywayz.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    How so? Most of the time they pretend he's just part of the background anywayz.
    hahaha..I mean it's not the same on my part...LOL...to me, the HZGG gang isn't as fun to watch without Er Tai.