Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I know! I think I've gained a few strands of white hair cuz of this drama. I've convinced myself countless time to stop watching but every time I go back on my own words cuz I can't help myself I'm too attached to the HZGG series no matter how frustrating the remake gets. The more spoilers i read about the ending, the more I dread about watching the later episodes....

I totally miss Er Tai. The gang is not the same without him.
    me too. I keep saying I'm going to drop this series and quit cold turkey. But every day , like an addiction, I find myself watching it anyways. I keep having hope for this series. Hoping, every day, that today is going to be the day that it's not going to suck. ...And every day, i get disappointed. There are some enjoyable scenes , but I wouldn't even consider this series average, let alone good right now....

I find myself passing forward a lot of the scenes. Yong Qi is kind of mean. Xiao Yanzi is extremely annoying. Benji is everywhere,...literally EVERYWHERE...in every scene. Doesn't even stand in the background, but has to have a say in everything too.

And my fav character Er Tai is gone now. I think you guys are going to hate me but I like the actor that plays Er Tai more than the one that plays Yong Qi. I wish they would switch. **ahh!! don't chuck rocks at mE **** ...Let me explain. I think he has more screen presence, is manlier, and has more believable facial expressions. Also, in addition to this, the most important thing he has, is a little bit clumsiness like expressions. Alec Su's portrayal of Yong Qi was so adorable because he always seemed troubled when it came with Xiao Yanzi. And there was always an air of awkwardness with him; Like he was rather clumsy...not mr perfect prince. ...there was just something dorky YET manly about him that was adorable. And the actor Er Tai, in my eyes, had this.
    Last edited by LoveLee; 08-16-11 at 08:55 PM.

Im going to go duck for cover now .... *runs off*

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    Im going to go duck for cover now .... *runs off*
    I'm back to watching the original as this series so made me miss Alec/YQ & Vicky/XYZ's wonderful love story and chemistry.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-16-11 at 09:12 PM.

Yeah this series made me miss the old version. After watch NHZGG episode everyday, I will continue watch the old version in youtube. For this NHZGG I actually enjoy watching this series although at first New XYZ quite annoyed.

** Saw other place OST already out.
    Last edited by straw; 08-16-11 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm back to watching the original as this series so made me miss Alec/YQ & Vicky/XYZ's wonderful love story and chemistry.
    omg, same here! i never even bothered to watch the new one, but just seeing the promos for them made me miss the old one, so i went back to watch it. oh, alec su back then

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    me too. I keep saying I'm going to drop this series and quit cold turkey. But every day , like an addiction, I find myself watching it anyways. I keep having hope for this series. Hoping, every day, that today is going to be the day that it's not going to suck. ...And every day, i get disappointed. There are some enjoyable scenes , but I wouldn't even consider this series average, let alone good right now....

I find myself passing forward a lot of the scenes. Yong Qi is kind of mean. Xiao Yanzi is extremely annoying. Benji is everywhere,...literally EVERYWHERE...in every scene. Doesn't even stand in the background, but has to have a say in everything too.

And my fav character Er Tai is gone now. I think you guys are going to hate me but I like the actor that plays Er Tai more than the one that plays Yong Qi. I wish they would switch. **ahh!! don't chuck rocks at mE **** ...Let me explain. I think he has more screen presence, is manlier, and has more believable facial expressions. Also, in addition to this, the most important thing he has, is a little bit clumsiness like expressions. Alec Su's portrayal of Yong Qi was so adorable because he always seemed troubled when it came with Xiao Yanzi. And there was always an air of awkwardness with him; Like he was rather clumsy...not mr perfect prince. ...there was just something dorky YET manly about him that was adorable. And the actor Er Tai, in my eyes, had this.
    Yes, the actor that plays Er Tai would have been great as Yong Qi, but if the script is the same, then maybe the character itself is the problem. I guess another reason why he probably wasn't cast for the role could have been his age. He was 19 at the time and Li Sheng was like 25, 26... They probably thought it was wrong even though he looks older than his real age. Imagine the amount of kissing he has to do... I think I prefer Er Tai to be innocent instead. =)

I totally agree with everyone...

XYZ is more annoying in this version then the first one. Gosh I really don't know what to say anymore. I do admit that I grew to like Zi Wei more. I find Er Kang and Zi Wei a bit over dramatic and too loving, almost made me sick. No offense to the ZW and EK lovers. I do look forward to Xiao Jian and Qing'er's love story. Oh and I look forward to Jin Suo and that guy's love story too. I think jin suo is so cute!

In truth, I don't think yong qi would ever pick XYZ. In truth too, Benji's character doesn't exist. LOL... Gosh I'm so hurt... This drama is making me disappointed in many ways.

Oh do you guys find XYZ's hair piece funny? It's shiny plastic, with lumps... Her hair piece seems to be different from many of the other people's hair piece. I think maybe because she jumps around alot, they gave her plastic???

Honestly I can't believe XYZ would stay as a princess. It's so much work lol! Her etiquette is terrible and she has no common sense. She is adorable in her own ways, but they really need to keep it to a minimum and be realistic.

Oh I miss Er Tai. I would have rather prefer Er Tai as yong qi, but I agree that Er Tai is better because he looks more righteous and innocent...
    Last edited by lilo_neda; 08-17-11 at 03:15 PM.

Princess Xin Rong's dancing scene looked really fake and unprofessional I know QY wanna make her to be another Zhi Hua (HZGG3). But Zhi Hua's dancing in HZGG3 (dunno that kind of dancing, she painted and danced together) looked beautiful and really professional.

After sitting through 50 episodes of this crap, I started watching the old version again too.

You can ignore the rest and just focus on these magical YQ & XYZ moments

Even if we can't upload whole episodes of NHZGG on YouTube, at least we can edit out everything and just have YQ & XYZ together alone onscreen on YouTube!! (no Benjamin, no Xin Rong)

The only maddening part is Benjamin's stupid face appearing at the latter part of the wonderful first kiss At least Xin Rong's hated face has been cut off from the 2nd video.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-17-11 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pookagege View Post
    Princess Xin Rong's dancing scene looked really fake and unprofessional I know QY wanna make her to be another Zhi Hua (HZGG3). But Zhi Hua's dancing in HZGG3 (dunno that kind of dancing, she painted and danced together) looked beautiful and really professional.
    I think QY is trying to ruin my love for Xiao Yanzi. I don't know what would possess her to come out of nowhere with loud banging music doing weird movements that don't even look like dancing. Just being reckless.... sigh.....no common sense much?

Xin Rong ( who is actually Zhi Hua reincarnation with just a new name) ..... her dancing was rather unnatural. Didn't look very nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by foreva View Post
    After sitting through 50 episodes of this crap, I started watching the old version again too.
    yup! ....I keep having to watch the old version to be reminded of WHY I like Xiao Yanzi . lol Or even WHY i am a HZGG fan. After 50 eps of this crap, I'm starting to forget why I even liked HZGG to begin with. Gotta goo watch old version again to flush my mind of this.

Honestly it's hard to ignore the rest. Those scenes were one of the only few that XYZ and YQ had together. That is very sad indeed. ZW and EK had way more scenes of their love together. I don't think that two scenes can save their love or save the drama. It is very sad indeed. I miss the older HZGG. I miss vicki. Even though Alec Su didn't look as a good YQ, but YQ was much better in the old HZGG.

I also do think that Xin Rong's dancing was kind of funny. LOL. I think because she is young and inexperience she didn't dance very graceful. Well in old HZGG3 Qing Lan did a great job because she is a graceful person.
    Last edited by lilo_neda; 08-17-11 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo_neda View Post
    Honestly it's hard to ignore the rest. Those scenes were one of the only few that XYZ and YQ had together. That is very sad indeed. ZW and EK had way more scenes of their love together. I don't think that two scenes can save their love or save the drama. It is very sad indeed. I miss the older HZGG. I miss vicki. Even though Alec Su didn't look as a good YQ, but YQ was much better in the old HZGG.
    i actually think alec su was so HOT as YQ, totally the reason i fell for the character in the first place.
    i seriously can not stomach the new YQ/XYZ. god...

I haven't found the full album OST (15 tracks) yet but this one contained most of the songs of the drama.
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LT7LS8OF
    So in love with Part 3's ending theme right now. Both the lyric (written by Qiong Yao) and vocal are so beautiful.

I dunno...am I the only one who thinks the YQ/XYZ kisses look SO awkward? >_< Sorry. The rest of the scenes are cute (although in the second one I kept getting deja vu of the original scene), but it just looks like they don't know how to kiss at all. I got uncomfortable watching it...when Benjamin popped up at the end I know he's supposed to look jealous/sad but I felt like he was thinking "uhhh...what are you two doing, that's not how you do it..."

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    i actually think alec su was so HOT as YQ, totally the reason i fell for the character in the first place.
    i seriously can not stomach the new YQ/XYZ. god...
    Me too, I mean the new YongQi is pretty handsome and good-looking but Alec Su was just swoon-worthy. XD Though that's not the reason why I fell for his character...like you guys mentioned before, you totally feel like he is head-over-heels in love with XYZ--must be the expression in the eyes, the way he looks adoringly at her with those soft eyes... *melts* (Alec Su is really good at doing that. ^_^) And I was totally on his side when he had his "princely" fits, he was never unreasonable about it and I felt so bad for him whenever he was angsting over his love for XYZ vs. his loyalty to his father and the emperor (on the contrary I got annoyed and mad at XYZ for not being more understanding and forgiving--this was mostly in HZGG2). Not to mention how adorable he was--whether he was being mischievous, romantic, jealous, angry, fighting, showing off his martial arts...

Ok yeah. Let me stop my fangirling again and let you guys go back on topic...

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I dunno...am I the only one who thinks the YQ/XYZ kisses look SO awkward? >_< Sorry. The rest of the scenes are cute (although in the second one I kept getting deja vu of the original scene), but it just looks like they don't know how to kiss at all. I got uncomfortable watching it...when Benjamin popped up at the end I know he's supposed to look jealous/sad but I felt like he was thinking "uhhh...what are you two doing, that's not how you do it..."

Me too, I mean the new YongQi is pretty handsome and good-looking but Alec Su was just swoon-worthy. XD Though that's not the reason why I fell for his character...like you guys mentioned before, you totally feel like he is head-over-heels in love with XYZ--must be the expression in the eyes, the way he looks adoringly at her with those soft eyes... *melts* (Alec Su is really good at doing that. ^_^) And I was totally on his side when he had his "princely" fits, he was never unreasonable about it and I felt so bad for him whenever he was angsting over his love for XYZ vs. his loyalty to his father and the emperor (on the contrary I got annoyed and mad at XYZ for not being more understanding and forgiving--this was mostly in HZGG2). Not to mention how adorable he was--whether he was being mischievous, romantic, jealous, angry, fighting, showing off his martial arts...

Ok yeah. Let me stop my fangirling again and let you guys go back on topic...
    LOL at benji's supposed comment to YQ/XYZ making out - i agree though! their kissing scenes are just so awkwarddd to watch XD
    but yes, alec's su's eyes....AHH they were so emotive! i would always melt when he would stare at XYZ so lovingly and all cute
    haha, this has nothing to do with NHZGG at all! is there an old HZGG thread? i might go dig that up and start posting in there...

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I'll take anything I can get of YQ & XYZ since there's so little of them.

Here's the video of YQ confessing his love to XYZ

Awww...holding hands in the garden! They are soooo too cute together!!! And adorable
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-18-11 at 04:09 AM.

Aww...those two scenes were pretty cute! ^_^ (I still think Concubine Yu is unnecessary though.)

These scenes seem a bit too "idol-drama-ish" though...somehow even though I know the original HZGG was also an idol drama, it felt more "serious" and "real" than this one...Ugh, actually this is why I usually don't get too excited over remakes and don't even watch a lot of them, because I know I'm going to be super biased towards the original. >_< Like with the 2nd kiss scene and the confession scene, even while I thought it was cute I simply couldn't help myself thinking back to Alec/Vicki's version and comparing the two, even though I know I shouldn't. *sigh*

sigh i don't even want to write recaps for this series cus I have yet to see ONE episode that moves me.

I agree with mango_cake and ChineseChik. In the original, I actually BELIEVE he loves her. In NHZGG, I'm not really buying it. I blame it on all the wasted Benji screen time. Could have deleted all those unnecessary Benji parts and we wouldn't be in ep 50 with NO DEVELOPMENT (exaggeration. lol. ;p minimum development) . Without Benji we could be at ep 16 AND we would have hella room to insert more Xiao Yanzi/Yong Qi romance scenes to make it more believable.

I really like Er Kang in NHZGG. Before the series began and I only watched the few available spoiler previews, I didn't know what to make of the new Er Kang because he was the shortest of the 3 ( The Er Kang in the original was the tallest, most manly and stern of the 3 stooges) and because he looked rather young . I was scared he wouldn't be able to portray the mature, well cultured, hopeless romantic Er kang character. Well...i take all my doubts back. BOWS DOWN and apologizes. ....he's really settled into his character well and his acting overshadows all the other shortcomings.

I think I'm going to get more rocks thrown at me because I just declared in previous posts I am not really liking the new Yong Qi.... But now I think boulders are going to be hurled at me. I don't like the new Zi Wei either. >.< im sorrryyyyyyyy. ahhhhh!!! Don't hurt me . ...I am not buying the emotions and what not from new ZW for some reason. I don't know if this makes any sense but her eyes ....look so...soo.. empty? A lot of the scenes where I was deeply touched played by Ruby, the new ZW wasn't able to captivate me. example: 1. reading xiao yanzi's letter and impressing everyone with her intelligence, wit, and beauty. 2. when she spoke with huang ah ma and said although her mother waited a life time she has no regret becus she had someone worth waiting a lifetime for. The new ZW said these lines really quickly...and dead. 3. When XY and her were drunk. ehh...

And i'm going to end this post with a Bang knowing now im going to get boulders and poop thrown at me. I dislike the singing in this version too! yep! i said it. the singing sucks. Not the ost, the lyrics, the songs , the actors or actresses, BUT how it was directed. It doesn't feel carefree and fun. I felt like the director said "stand over there. you over here. u sway ur booty there. And now....LOOOK HAPPY!" Everything looks so choreographed and fake. In the original when the rode on horses in beautiful grass field towards the sunset singing their songs ...beautiful metaphor.... The songs have such beautiful lyrics about being free, happy, and...being together with ppl you love. it's a really touching scene.
    NHZGG makes me want to pull out my hair becus even THIS beautiful scene feels so fake.

ok. running away to hide now. ******hides under desk*****