Page 26 of 60 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

YADADAD!! It's out! It's out!!

alice has posted the links to the full soundtrack (15 songs!)

http://alicechensworld.blogspot.com/...ge-ge-ost.html

grab and say your thanks!!

does anyone also find Medina's (the actress who portrays Han Xiang) acting to be lacking? she's very pretty, but her emotional scenes lack feeling. i feel as if she forcing herself to scrunch up her face and look like she is crying...which is really sad, because I find the actor who portrays Mai Er Dan to be quite natural.

It's such a pity XJ and QE confessed so quickly...I was hoping to see XYZ toy with YQ's emotions a bit more with the way she idolizes XJ.

i also saw the OST, but they're missing the new version of Dang and Ni Shi Feng Er Wo Shi Sha! : (

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    It's such a pity XJ and QE confessed so quickly...I was hoping to see XYZ toy with YQ's emotions a bit more with the way she idolizes XJ.
    I must say the whole story arc of the romances weren't satisfactory. I think Er Kang & Zi Wei love story was a bit better developed than the rest. But nevertheless, my favourite love scenes still remains of YQ & XYZ together, especially the adorable garden scene - the cuteness and the gorgeous costumes were beautiful! Then when their front drums bummed into each other and that adorable chase in the garden - I never laughed so much at a Chinese TV scene before!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-19-11 at 10:28 PM.

i also saw the OST, but they're missing the new version of Dang and Ni Shi Feng Er Wo Shi Sha! : (
    It also lacks "Yi jian zhong qing" by Lisheng and its instrumental. So sad...
    I really love the instrumental of that song which was played during the YQ-XYZ's 2nd kiss scene. Does anyone know where I find it?

i disagree with the majority of the posts here, and the comparisons to the old drama are getting kind of repetitive (no offense). i want to come to this thread to read/talk about the current drama and diss/praise things i see, but i feel like i'm being inundated by things like 'alec su was amazing', 'xyz/yq in the old version was so much better', etc etc. i'm not denying or agreeing with these statements, but i don't know whether or not i'm participating in a thread about the new HZGG or the old one. sure it's impossible to discuss the drama with comparing it to the old version (and i myself have done this), but seeing yet another comment about how the old drama was so much better is quite unpleasant and is pretty much a broken record. i believe i'm feeling this sentiment because i quite enjoy this series and i find it endearing, hence my defensiveness regarding the criticisms. if you find my comments offensive, my apologies.
    I agree with you 100% and its one of the main reason im being pretty defensive as well. If it werent for these comments i would probably be bashing bits i dont like, but because of these im actually defending seeing that most of the things have been said already!

I would not say this is one of my most liked series in fact no where near that, and thats just for this year. But the fact is this is also not my worst i've watched either and seeing that some later episodes actually made me want to watch the next, in my eyes it's doing pretty well.

If i was to rate this out of 10 so far, i would give it a 6.5, a 7 at most but considering that im a hard critic this 6.5 is actually above average. I have never given a series a 10 and the amount of 9's ive given is near to 0. This is just to show how much i rate this drama.

like she said, the songs are probably gonna come out later. the producer can't let us have all the good stuffs at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by sakhee View Post
    If i was to rate this out of 10 so far, i would give it a 6.5, a 7 at most but considering that im a hard critic this 6.5 is actually above average. I have never given a series a 10 and the amount of 9's ive given is near to 0. This is just to show how much i rate this drama.
    I guess it's because a lot of us are big-time YongYan (Yong Qi & Xiao Yan Zi) fans and any attempt by Qiong Yao to sacrifice any part of their love story development is considered a sacrilege. I consider Alec Su & Zhao Wei's YongYan of the original HZGG the best ever onscreen couple/pairing.

But when New HZGG goes back to its original YongYan roots, their scenes are OTP (one true pairing) gold! I must have watched that adorable garden scene at least 10X

sakhee out of curiosity would you mind sharing which series you've rated a 9? (Or an 8?) I'm genuinely interested because it's been awhile since I came across a series I truly loved and I'm always looking for good stuff to watch! Thanks!

And, well, I don't mean to be a party-pooper. I will admit I am extremely critical of series...it's been a few years since I remember watching a series where I was actually happy with, so don't take my harsh comments towards HZGG that seriously. ^_^ If it makes you guys feel any better, I have been just as critical towards many other series as well (probably said even worse things about the other ones to be honest). I guess I just have high standards when I'm watching series...(although really that's only because I feel sad that I see so much potential in many series but it's rare that they live up. Though that doesn't mean I am a super critical person--in general I do love almost all the actors/actresses even when they're stuck in a bad script! And I definitely do enjoy parts of many series, I just tend to complain about the bad parts because that's the part I wish could be changed.)

Anyways I'll let you guys enjoy NHZGG, do keep the reviews coming (whether good or bad), I enjoy reading them.

Ahhh. I haven't been keeping up with this series at all, but all those cute clips sent me to Youtube looking for more! I think Er Kang and Er Tai are my two favorite characters! It helps that Er Tai and Sai Ya are such cuties <3
    胡歌 <3

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I guess it's because a lot of us are big-time YongYan (Yong Qi & Xiao Yan Zi) fans and any attempt by Qiong Yao to sacrifice any part of their love story development is considered a sacrilege. I consider Alec Su & Zhao Wei's YongYan of the original HZGG the best ever onscreen couple/pairing.

But when New HZGG goes back to its original YongYan roots, their scenes are OTP (one true pairing) gold! I must have watched that adorable garden scene at least 10X
    Yep, absolute SACRILEGE on Qiong Yao's part. When I first heard she rewrote 70% of the story to "fix" any flaws the originals left and spent more time to develop YQ's character (yep, those were Auntie Qiong Yao's words), I was soo looking forward to more development in YongYan's relationship and totally supported the remake. But, look at what we ended up with? *big sigh*

So far, the YongYan's imperial garden scene is my absolute favorite scene in the series so far. For some reason, I just LOVE that scene.
    Need to stop being lazy...

i also think the others song will appear soon,..
    is anyone would like to post the another scene between zi wei and er khang please??

Quote Originally Posted by cutefan View Post
    i also think the others song will appear soon,..
    is anyone would like to post the another scene between zi wei and er khang please??
    Zi Wei and Er Kang - theirs is a more serious, sometimes angsty, desperate love...

Er Kang sings to Zi Wei...
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-20-11 at 12:11 PM.

Oh, here's a great Er Kang & Zi Wei clip I found for those who are nostalgic...

well at least the new er kang has a better voice than the old one, lol
    but god, i LOVE that song. its like the best song everrr. such a classic

Aiiii...I can't stand XYZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Yep, absolute SACRILEGE on Qiong Yao's part. When I first heard she rewrote 70% of the story to "fix" any flaws the originals left and spent more time to develop YQ's character (yep, those were Auntie Qiong Yao's words), I was soo looking forward to more development in YongYan's relationship and totally supported the remake. But, look at what we ended up with? *big sigh*

So far, the YongYan's imperial garden scene is my absolute favorite scene in the series so far. For some reason, I just LOVE that scene.
    Unless YQ is the code word for Benjamin, this makes absolutely no sense.

Then again QY also said a lot of other things and so far none of them are true.

lol Er Kang singing to Zi Wei is sweet and all but sooo cheesy/corny for even my liking. And i'm VERY cheesy. lol. that scene gave me goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    lol Er Kang singing to Zi Wei is sweet and all but sooo cheesy/corny for even my liking. And i'm VERY cheesy. lol. that scene gave me goosebumps.
    To me, that singing scene is not suitable for an ancient drama. Maybe it's sweet but it'd better be added to a TW idol one instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    To me, that singing scene is not suitable for an ancient drama. Maybe it's sweet but it'd better be added to a TW idol one instead.
    This whole HZGG is like a bad china idol drama. Kinda like many recent china dramas nowadays.. Jade palace lock heart.. etc. Is this the new trend popular in china?

Thank you for the ZW EK video,..how about he kiss scene?? in what episode they kissed? i think they have kiss scene much more than YQ QYZ,..is that right?