Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by foreva View Post
    This whole HZGG is like a bad china idol drama. Kinda like many recent china dramas nowadays.. Jade palace lock heart.. etc. Is this the new trend popular in china?
    If you have been following Cdramas, the past few months there were barely any idol drama until this past July - most of them were war-related drama & modern society. Most of the time, those "war-related/spy & modern society" drama tend to be the highest rating since they are geared towards older generations.

I think you feel that China is airing lots of idol drama because there's more advertising and marketing for them then the other genre...and of course they are from Hunan TV...

Yup, to add on to what qtee123 said--the popular dramas discussed on SPCNET and other forums etc. are really not representative of their overall popularity in China. I mentioned this in the Gong thread, but people in my parents generation probably haven't heard of 90% of the series discussed here (mostly idol-type dramas). Perhaps the older people living in China will have heard of them at least, but they probably won't be interested at all--as qtee123 said, they tend to watch serious dramas, especially modern and Min Guo ones, with the occasional serious historical drama. But since the younger generation is the one going on the internet all the time etc, the perception is skewed that these idol dramas are what's really popular.

There are a large number of popular Chinese dramas released recently that no one here (including me) have heard of, and these are definitely not "idol"-style. In fact I would say that HZGG, Meteor Garden, and Gong are really the only idol dramas in the past 10+ years that have gained popularity among all ages of audiences. HZGG--at least the original--I can totally see the widespread appeal. On the other hand, I never understood why Meteor Garden--well, the little I've watched of it--and Gong (apart from the fabulous chemistry of the leads) got to be so popular. (Well technically Meteor Garden is a TW series so perhaps it shouldn't be included in that list, but I believe it's the only TW series my mom has heard of and watched part of.)

Quote Originally Posted by cutefan View Post
    Thank you for the ZW EK video,..how about he kiss scene?? in what episode they kissed? i think they have kiss scene much more than YQ QYZ,..is that right?

They had more kiss and romantic scenes than YQ and XYZ.

If you want, you can check out Zi Wei and Er Kang page at http://phamann.com/weikang/

Epiosde 67: I feel sorry for XYZ...YQ is going to marry.....I hope next episode will be better....

I know I was crying my heart out. I know some find XYZ annoying but she can cry beautifully like ZiWei and the other girls.
    My heart was aching for her. YQ is so not manly. I don't know ErKang was manlier and stood up for his love for ZiWei, he didn't care for the status all he wanted was her. I mean I love the YQxXYZ but seriously, he did not man up enough for me.

I swear I hope YQ get punched. Right now I really want cute scenes with Benji and XYZ [cuz he's like caring for her right now] omg esp. the part when he plays the violin and they way he watches her. (Like everyone, at first I didn't like Benji but now he's like the sweet caring who lend XYZ his shoulder) BTW, the actor who plays Benji when dress in modern clothes is kinda cute :3 I REALLY WISH THERE WERE MORE CUTE JEALOUS SCENES OF YQ. ErKang is kinda hot when he's jealous when ZiWei gets drunk.

I have to say though, although I dislike the character Xin Rong, the actress who plays her is pretty. LOL

oh I read on some site they said that Qing Er is going to die, is that true???

Yeah... maybe I'm more susceptible to crying than the normal person but I also bawled during the last few episodes.

I definitely agree with neontofu about Benji and XYZ. Right now I'm just waiting for more cute scenes with them because YQ is just pissing me off. QY definitely is making YQ the "unmanly" one out of the group because compared to EK he pales in comparison.

Also... I may be putting too much of a 2011 spin on my thoughts but if I were XYZ I would've gotten out of that relationship with YQ a LONG time ago. I've learned from watching Gong and reading Bu Bu Jing Xin that if there's no future there... then you shouldnt still messing around in it. Perhaps it's because I havent ever been in love or had my own "ni shi feng er wo shi sha" love experience but from a realistic standpoint I know my future would be infinitely more successful and in the end infinitely happier if I leave a really dysfunctional relationship. Eh... just my two cents...

And QE might die? WTF?!

Quote Originally Posted by neontofu View Post

oh I read on some site they said that Qing Er is going to die, is that true???

For sure Qing'er DOES NOT die. She marries Xiao Jian at the end and stayed with him in Yunnan.

P.S. I want to Qiong Yao for writing my most beloved Yong Qi into such an un-"beloved" character.

Regarding ErKang standing up for ZiWei, I wonder what he would do if his mom hang herself and threaten to die if he didn't leave ZiWei? Would he still not hesitate a moment and run away with her? I think at that moment, ZiWei would probably leave him first for his sake. LOL
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-22-11 at 07:30 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Since when were you guys under the impression that QY wanted you to ship YQ and XYZ? It's obvious who is the main couple in this series.

I mean, who was the one who protected XYZ when all the assassins attacked them on the tour? Who was the one who bought XYZ the hair ornament she liked but didn't have time for? Who was the one who protected her from the bees? Who was the one she connected to the most when Zi Wei wasn't there? Who was the one she always ran to no matter what? Who is the one who will always love her no matter what happens??

If you answer Yong Qi, you are stuck in HZGG the fairy tale.

Welcome to HZGG3 the II nightmare. Enjoy the troll.
    Last edited by merrygocow; 08-22-11 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    Since when were you guys under the impression that QY wanted you to ship YQ and XYZ? It's obvious who is the main couple in this series.

I mean, who was the one who protected XYZ when all the assassins attacked them on the tour? Who was the one who bought XYZ the hair ornament she liked but didn't have time for? Who was the one who protected her from the bees? Who was the one she connected to the most when Zi Wei wasn't there? Who was the one she always ran to no matter what?

Totally agree with you! Qiong Yao definitely doesn't seem too fond of YQ's character. i don't think she was ever too fond of him actually. His screen time was also pretty minimal compared to ErKang and the Emperor in originals. It's even a sadder story in the remake. In this new one, he's probably the least liked out of all the male characters.

Benji + XYZ are Qiong Yao's #1 match in heaven!

P.S. I think ErKang is sooo lucky to have such understanding parents compared to YQ's selfish mother.
    Need to stop being lazy...

two words: character assassination
    poor YQ... he's been so mercilessly slaughtered

but the saddest thing is... in the end... somehow, someway XYZ and YQ are going to end up together and Benji is just going to have to deal with it. That just makes me really sad...in some weird way it's like QY is saying nice guys finish last

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Totally agree with you! Qiong Yao definitely doesn't seem too fond of YQ's character. i don't think she was ever too fond of him actually. His screen time was also pretty minimal compared to ErKang and the Emperor in originals. It's even a sadder story in the remake. In this new one, he's probably the least liked out of all the male characters.

Benji + XYZ are Qiong Yao's #1 match in heaven!

P.S. I think ErKang is sooo lucky to have such understanding parents compared to YQ's selfish mother.
    It annoys me so much how she took all the special things that shows YQ's love for XYZ and then give it all to Benjamin so that she can show Benjamin's love for XYZ. WTF? Then keep all the bad for YQ like marrying and having kid with another girl. Their silly fights (which was actually funny unlike btw Benji and XYZ), how he would always send her all the medicine because she gets injured a lot, how he was the one who taught her things, how he was always beside her in every fights to protect her, how he defended her against whoever no matter what, AND HOW HE WAS THE ONE WHO PROTECTED HER FROM THE BEES NOT ****IN BENJAMIN.

Ahem, excuse my anger. I'm just so fed up with her bias.

And yeah EK has an understanding mother and QE while YQ gets Wu concubine and XR.

it's so sad to see how much XYZ was hurting when YQ got married. : (

i'm so mad at how QY made YQ beg XYZ to stay. I mean seriously wtf do you want? You're married, your mom is probably gonna pull the suicide card again if you want to leave or if you don't have a kid ASAP, and at the present moment it's highly unlikely that you can divorce her. i hate hate hate how he holding on so tightly to XYZ. i really want to see her to just LEAVE because being in the palace and being around all these people is hurting her so much. : (

AND HOW HE WAS THE ONE WHO PROTECTED HER FROM THE BEES NOT ****IN BENJAMIN.
    Just had to de-lurk and say, merrygocow your reviews are too hilarious, had me in stitches... awww poor YQ indeed.
    But am I missing something here...what are the bees?? The only thing I can think of is the scene where XYZ bathes in flowery water to attract butterflies but instead the bees come instead? (Sorry I'm still holding off on watching this until the whole thing has broadcasted so maybe I'm missing a scene in the new one.)

i'm so mad at how QY made YQ beg XYZ to stay. I mean seriously wtf do you want? You're married, your mom is probably gonna pull the suicide card again if you want to leave or if you don't have a kid ASAP, and at the present moment it's highly unlikely that you can divorce her. i hate hate hate how he holding on so tightly to XYZ. i really want to see her to just LEAVE because being in the palace and being around all these people is hurting her so much. : (
    yeah that kind of pissed me off too. I remember when I watched that scene with my friend and she was like "he's being a jerk if that was Benji he would've let her go and let her be happy" I'm a yq/xyz fan but I totally agreed. IMO he was being super selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Just had to de-lurk and say, merrygocow your reviews are too hilarious, had me in stitches... awww poor YQ indeed.
    But am I missing something here...what are the bees?? The only thing I can think of is the scene where XYZ bathes in flowery water to attract butterflies but instead the bees come instead? (Sorry I'm still holding off on watching this until the whole thing has broadcasted so maybe I'm missing a scene in the new one.)
    Yeah it's that scene where YQ took off his outer shirt and threw it on XYZ to protect her.

Oh and YQ was also the one who was there to catch her everytime she fell from the roof or something. But apparently QY thinks all those little things would show how much YQ loves XYZ and God forbids that people think that! Who knows what people might have done--like ship YQ and XYZ together for example. So she gave it all to Benjamin, the real male lead.

HZGG 3 the 2nd nightmare:

Now I believe that the spoiler revealed by JoleCole long time ago was correct. YongQi seems to have a child with XinRong. I just can't imagine what QY would lead the story to after the above scene. What would YongQi do or how would he face XYZ? Say some stupid things like "I would bring you happiness" again n again?

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    For sure Qing'er DOES NOT die. She marries Xiao Jian at the end and stayed with him in Yunnan.

P.S. I want to Qiong Yao for writing my most beloved Yong Qi into such an un-"beloved" character.

Regarding ErKang standing up for ZiWei, I wonder what he would do if his mom hang herself and threaten to die if he didn't leave ZiWei? Would he still not hesitate a moment and run away with her? I think at that moment, ZiWei would probably leave him first for his sake. LOL
    I agreed with you. Don't blame on YQ, blame on Qiong Yao, she's getting old and doesn't know how to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    What would YongQi do or how would he face XYZ? Say some stupid things like "I would bring you happiness" again n again?
    Lives happily ever after with XYZ, abandoning his child and mother while the audience screams YQ YOU DOUCHE BENJAMIN AND XYZ FOREVER!!!!!

While QY smirks because it's JUST AS PLANNED. /conspiracy

Lives happily ever after with XYZ, abandoning his child and mother while the audience screams YQ YOU DOUCHE BENJAMIN AND XYZ FOREVER!!!!!

While QY smirks because it's JUST AS PLANNED. /conspiracy
    Omg Merrygocow you make me LOL. Too funny too funny. All of HZGG is a conspiracy to get this Benjamin guy famous. Dont even try to deny it QY haha.

Quote Originally Posted by striped_giraffe View Post
    Omg Merrygocow you make me LOL. Too funny too funny. All of HZGG is a conspiracy to get this Benjamin guy famous. Dont even try to deny it QY haha.
    Thanks. That's how I deal with this bullshit, mock mock mock. Else, I lose a blood vessel everyday.

Seriously if QY wanted to make this guy the main lead, just give him the YQ role------oh wait.