Page 29 of 60 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

What will we see in upcoming episodes tonight? YongQi wanna slap XinRong?
    Hey, don't know if it's just me but this scene is unacceptable to me. No matter what she did, I couldn't believe that YongQi would have that kind of reaction. YongQi just simply ignored her, then it'll be the best revenge. Hitting a woman, even though he didn't do it finally, just underestimate his princely status.
    This YongQi turns to a strange guy instead of one I've admired in HZGG.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/70db54ffgw1dkfkwllvapj.jpg')

OH MY GOD!!! WHY?!?!

This is so upsetting! My shipper heart is breaking into pieces with how QY's handling their relationship! Half of me thinks thats its cause of Benjiman (I have this huge hate-love thing about his character; like him cause he's there for XYZ but seriously he's blocking all the XYZ&YQ moments) that XZY&YQ relationship isn't as strong in the original and the other half is just wailing at the injustice done to her OTP.

Seriously in regards to the pictures of YQ hitting XR is really fuelling my hate for the new YQ! Seriously you're hitting your wife (despite the hate I have for XR) and eventually leaving her with a kid? Why, QY, why?!?? And don't get started on the whole "drunk YQ getting on with XR cause he think she's XYZ"... what I don't even understand how ....

Didn't QY promise the fans that she wouldn't include any elements of the HZGG 3 into the remake besides the QE & XJ storyline? Or that ET & SY romance would get more flesh out? I seriously can't believe this. And the whole "XR's purpose is to show how strong YQ& XYZ's "supposed" love is". You wouldn't have need to introduce XR if you stop focusing the attention on Benjiman and actually focused on the development of other characters and XYZ&YQ!!!

- mini rant over -

Okay besides my rant about the way XZY&YQ's relationship in the remake, I have to say that I still enjoy the remake for its scenery, clothing and .... yeah mostly scenery and props.

Did the ratings really drop when XR came into the picture? Wow. (No further comments of this...)

Anyways, I really liked reading about others opinions and thoughts about the drama!

lol so this is way off topic, but has anyone else noticed how the guy who plays YQ seems to like slouch and kinda slump sometimes? his posture just kinda annoys me..

I never thought I would say this but... I think I like Zhi Hua more than Xin Rong. At least she was just an innocent girl roped into Lao Fuo Ye's power play and married to a man who didn't love her. At least she was nice to XYZ and ZW in the beginning. And she even tried to help XYZ and YQ until her personal feelings got the better of her. You can't really blame her though, a guy like the old YQ from the original HZGG is just too good to be true. Wow...I never thought I would say this about Zhi Hua.

I wish QY would have written Xin Rong like this: as a free, modern-thinking girl that wants control of her own life. She had a great love before being brought into the palace (kind of like Maertai Ruolan from Bu Bu Jing Xin :P) Because of a great debt that her family owes to Lao Fuo Ye, there's no way for her not to accept the marriage to YQ. So she accepts her fate grudgingly because she wants to save her family. After being married, she becomes great friends with the rest of the gang and tries to help YQ and XYZ. Then, she finds out her first love has followed her to the palace as a prominent merchant or something and the gang tries to help them meet up. Then, the girl has a child with her first love (instead of YQ), but YQ is so nice as to not blow her cover and "adopt" the child as his own. And along the way, they can save her first love (and all kinds of other awesome things our beloved gang used to do before the advent of the current Xin Rong). So that way, when he leaves, YQ asks Lao Fuo Ye or Qianlong to remarry the "new Xin Rong" to her first love and that way, he reunites a real family while staying true to his love.

Heh...even an amateur like me could think of a better way to keep YQ a gentleman...hmph!

I've been following up on a lot of the comments regarding this series and I have to say, I pretty much agree with all of your bashing. :P

Like a lot of you, I too, decided to keep watching, hoping for some kind of redeeming quality within this series. I don't want to compare this one with the old HZGG, because there's simply no more comparison to draw from - all the characters here are just way too different, and in all honesty, I've started to treat this series as a completely new drama, it doesn't even have resemblance to the old HZGG to me anymore.

I don't think I really have too much to say in terms of the characters, because like most of you have already said, the characters are just weak. They don't over-exaggerate, which makes them kind of blend with each other and seem really boring / nonsensical. Like the new Dowager Empress, despite the actress apparently being really famous in China, I NEVER saw why she was any good (I saw the exact same problem with her watching Gong), she has no facial expressions beyond a stare/glareface (whatever you want to call it). I'm not even going to talk about the Empress in this series, she seems like one of those desperate housewives who is just bored out of her mind and looking to stir up trouble whenever, she just seems bored. In the old HZGG at the least we can understand that the Empress had some love for her son, and that's why she did the things she did (despite how illogical it might have been). But maybe I'm biased, because the actress who portrayed the Empress in the old HZGG was REALLY good (watch her in Mei Ren Xin Ji, I think she's amazing as an actress). Let's also not forget Concubine Yu, I really think she should have just died. She's the absolute nightmare mother-in-law that makes girlfriends resent their boyfriend's mom. Although, to the actress who played Concubine Yu's credit, I thought she did a good job with her acting, that's probably why everyone absolutely despises her. :P I also have not seen nearly enough connection between the Emperor and Ziwei/XiaoYanZi, there's like no emotion there... he doesn't really give a crap about them, or YongQi, or anyone else really.

And there I go... I said I wouldn't overly compare or criticize, but I guess like everyone else, I can't help it. The series makes me pretty annoyed too. XingRong is another example of how typical and retarded the series is - she's the exact same mould as everyone else (Empress, Empress Dowager, Concubine Yu, etc), she's there for no reason at all. -.- You don't need to add a XingRong to make the 3 Desperate Women trio into a quartet, it serves the same purpose - annoying the hell out of us.

I guess one final note I have about this series is that I'm somewhat amused but disturbed by the character portrayals that QY has brought out for us. I couldn't help but laugh at RongMoMo's face. I'm sorry this sounds mean, but she looks like she just came out of some Chinese comedic opera with facepaint on - and she played ZhuBaJie (the Pig in Journey to the West), and the other one, GuiMoMo, is a creepy stalker who hasn't ever gotten laid, so she has to stalk YongQi and XingRong's bedchamber every night. :S And on the side they're sadists who like to poke needles into people for funsies.

Also I laughed when the Dowager Empress told YongQi he had to get the job done tonight with XingRong. It was ridiculous for one, and it makes me wonder... since she did have a son, so she DID get laid at one point in her life, how is it she can't comprehend simple male anatomy... :S

Benjamin... yeah. Let's not go there. I like his violin though. The Emperor doesn't even have a strong voice. Zhang Tie Lin's talent and presence is just unmatched. The new emperor seems like a pussy.

Needless to say, this new installment of the HZGG series was just a cash cow. None of the characters really stand out - QingEr is probably my favourite character right now because she doesn't have a screwed up plot (yet), but this actress was nowhere near the level of presentation that Wang Yan / Rebecca Wang did in her portrayal of QingEr. I think I should just stop ranting now.

Oh ya, what's up with Ruby Lin's voice/accent in this new series? She sounds like her voice got deeper, less clear, and her pronunciation of mandarin went down the drain. I didn't remember her voice sounding like this in the old HZGG, or MRXJ.

okay... so I do not appreciate men who raise their hand/voices at women... it is NOT classy.

However, despite all of the crap that's gone down on this show so far I've found that it does have a redeeming quality in Jin Suo. Maybe it's just me but I really did not like how the old Jin Suo was written. It could've been a combination of both the writing and Fan Bing Bing's acting but at times Jin Suo came off as a whiny obsessive creepy stalker. So far... I like the new characterization of Jin Suo. She's kind and looks out for everyone. I also find the si da cai zi really amusing even though they can get a tad irritating at times.

Quote Originally Posted by classypink View Post

Oh ya, what's up with Ruby Lin's voice/accent in this new series? She sounds like her voice got deeper, less clear, and her pronunciation of mandarin went down the drain. I didn't remember her voice sounding like this in the old HZGG, or MRXJ.
    Ruby's voice in new HZGG is actually her REAL voice. The voice you heard in both MRXJ and old HZGG were from professional voice actresses. Since Ruby is from Taiwan, her Mandarin isn't the articulate "standard" mandarin but still much better than many of the her Taiwanese colleagues.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Ruby's voice in new HZGG is actually her REAL voice. The voice you heard in both MRXJ and old HZGG were from professional voice actresses. Since Ruby is from Taiwan, her Mandarin isn't the articulate "standard" mandarin but still much better than many of the her Taiwanese colleagues.
    That explains it. :P Thanks.

Sooo... Yong Qi had to push the maid out of his bedroom chamber? hhmm....So.... Is Yong Qi still a prince? like wtf QY?!....

The MAID resisted going out of THE PRINCE'S honeymoon bedroom and he had to literally shoved her out. You would think with his high almighty status that he would raise an eyebrow and she would dart out of that room while shitting her pants.

Eww...what happened?! New Yongqi is violent. Abusive husband.... eeww!

OMG!!! the ONE scene I wanted Bejamin to pop out from and he decides to choose that ONE SCENE to stay M.I.A?! Wouldn't it have been awesome if Bejamine could have been "heyyyyy guys.... I have chocolate milk today . " ...Just as QY and Zi Hua (I mean RY ...whatever. same sh!t) was getting down to business.

YQ gets drugged.
    Lies on top of Zi hua's reincarnation
    Benjamin POPS out from behind the curtains "Heyyy guysss! Silly girl (speaks this in English like some of his other annoying lines) , don't drugg Yong Qi.....HAVE SOME CHOCOLATE MILK INSTEAD! "

Benjamine. Now you can't say I didn't give you a chance. The ONE chance you had to redeem yourself by popping out of nowhere (like you always do) to save the day...and you choose not to! tsk tsk tsk! Shame on you!

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    lol so this is way off topic, but has anyone else noticed how the guy who plays YQ seems to like slouch and kinda slump sometimes? his posture just kinda annoys me..

lol yes. It annoys me too.

Lovelee I was trying to pick the part of your post that made me laugh the most but in the end I decided the whole thing was absolutely hysterical.

The way Benjamin makes his chocolate drink out to be almost gives me hope that if I drink enough of said magical drink I'd actually enjoy watching the character assassination that is YQ.

Ahahahaha QY, you're so funny.

So now YQ is also a wife beater. The same YQ who asked XYZ to show RMM some respect because of her age and QL to show the queen mercy because she is still his wife?

The only thing I'm disappointed in is that you didn't go for the rapist angle too. You can at least justify that with like father, like son.

this whole new twist in the adaptation is getting so distasteful.

But Lovelee, you're freakin where is Benji when we needed him most?!!

Like a part from episode 70. XYZ wanted to hit Xin Rong, Benjamin tried to stop her and Er Kang pushed Benjamin away to let XYZ hit Xin Rong....

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    Like a part from episode 70. XYZ wanted to hit Xin Rong, Benjamin tried to stop her and Er Kang pushed Benjamin away to let XYZ hit Xin Rong....
    LMAO. Anyone have the clip of this part? Sounds hilarious. (Go Er Kang! Even though I actually feel bad for Xin Rong after hearing about how YQ treats her... A part of me is dying inside hearing about what has happened to my beloved Wu A Ge...I pray that Alec Su never watches a second of this drama--how can Qiong Yao do this to one of the cutest, sweetest male protagonists of all time?!?!?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    Never imagine the "no XYZ's nonsense" Erkang would step in to encourage XYZ's irrational behavior. Gotta go check that part out. What exactly did XinRong say to piss YQ off that he wants to smack her? he didn't actually smack her, did he?

Lawl, apparently when asked who does she prefer in real life between YQ and Benjamin, Li Sheng said Benjamin. This pretty much confirms my suspicion that the main couple in the drama is XYZ and Benjamin already.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    Lawl, apparently when asked who does she prefer in real life between YQ and Benjamin, Li Sheng said Benjamin. This pretty much confirms my suspicion that the main couple in the drama is XYZ and Benjamin already.
    I bet the historical YongQi probably wants to rise up from the dead and sue Qiong Yao for butchering his good name to mean "douche, unmanly, fickle minded, etc."

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I bet the historical YongQi probably wants to rise up from the dead and sue Qiong Yao for butchering his good name to mean "douche, unmanly, fickle minded, etc."
    Qiong Yao never passed her works off as authentically historical, unlike Yu Zheng .

It's not the historical part we all have a problem with, but great classic that was HZGG1 and its YQ & XYZ - THE greatest classic love story!!!!. They were the cutest of cute, always bickering and making up, so sweet and funny, our YongYan...WHEN there is NO TOTALLY UNNECESSARY third party!!! I just want the HZGG story to end forever in my memory at HZGG2, when sweet YongYan got married, and NOT in this alternate universe when YQ marries some Xin Rong b*tch and has some X-rated sex scene with her on prime time TV??? ARGGGH!!

I'm too depressed to watch anymore. And I hope ratings for the rest of the episodes belly flop for doing this to YongYan.

Alec Su is the only YQ I'll ever acknowledge.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-24-11 at 03:09 AM.

/Didn't Hunan pour in a huge sum of money on this production? How are the ratings so far compared to other series?

It's kind of evil of me but I'm wishing this series will flop sooooo bad, it will win worst series of the year, if not decade. ...But then at the same time i don't want this because the production team and actors have poured their heart and soul into making this drama a success. But HOW can they when they have to work with crap storyline?!