Page 48 of 60 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

This one has viet sub...it's very sweet.

Thanks Vuongngocyen, waiting for english subs takes forever. Thank god i still can read vietnamese. lol

The wedding scene, it's so sweet but it's also not PG. lol Hai lu looks so much prettier when her hair is simple and there is not tons of hair pieces on her head.

I see alot of people from the other forums are mad about the series as well. But i feel like you guys invested too much expectations for it. From the beginning, we know it is not going to beat the original. I enjoyed it better because I just saw it as a new series. Funny enough, i like the XYZ here despite some moments where the plot just makes her look ridiculously annoying. But she had her own charm. Well i never really like Vicky.

But if you guys like Li sheng then you shouldn't be too disappointed if QY is writing for them another series. Any series with QY name attached will attract buzz; whether it is good or bad. So if she is writing them another series; then it's definitely a good thing for them. I think all the actors owe her a great deal. She definitely opened alot of doors for them. It would be good if everyone could reunite for different series.
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 09-10-11 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    As someone in Tieba pointed out, it was the "norm" in the ancient times for babies (especially boys) to be made out of greed and fame rather than love.
    There is nothing about HZGG that has ever passed off to be historically accurate. Already she had a Western painter/architect/perfume farter roaming around the palace and chatting up Qianlong's daughters. What is historical about that? I don't buy the crap that grandma QY is depicting some random historical "norm" of those days. This is pure bias and f*cked up all because she wants to hand some random gweilo guy she met by chance his TV career on a platter (and I hope his career gets snuffed out permanently from all the outcry). I'm born in 1990, and I think ChineseChik is born in 1992 (right?) - so that qualifies us as the post-1990s generation she wants to "target"? *COUGH* it's been said countless times in all the HZGG forums then and now - Alec Su is the only YQ everyone will ever acknowledge, us 1990s babies included.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

For those can read Vietnamese, you can find here a well-written discussion abt NHZGG: link

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    There is nothing about HZGG that has ever passed off to be historically accurate. Already she had a Western painter/architect/perfume farter roaming around the palace and chatting up Qianlong's daughters. What is historical about that? I don't buy the crap that grandma QY is depicting some random historical "norm" of those days. This is pure bias and f*cked up all because she wants to hand some random gweilo guy she met by chance his TV career on a platter (and I hope his career gets snuffed out permanently from all the outcry). I'm born in 1990, and I think ChineseChik is born in 1992 (right?) - so that qualifies us as the post-1990s generation she wants to "target"? *COUGH* it's been said countless times in all the HZGG forums then and now - Alec Su is the only YQ everyone will ever acknowledge, us 1990s babies included.
    1993! close enough
    but yeah. she was trying to say some BS about this being targeted for 1990s babies, cause they never watched the original series (complete lie by the way, because this series is the first i ever watched and still like my favorite thing ever) so she wanted to remake it for us. WTF.
    this series wasn't even HZGG to me. i watched clips and stuff treating it as a completely different story and series. these characters have nothing to do with the beloved characters from my favorite show ever.

this bad very bad. I felt bad for Benjamin in the end. Unlike Korean second leads, they merely suffer for 16 episodes but he suffers for 98 episodes. And have to watch them kiss one last time. T_T

wth....

This is pure bias and f*cked up all because she wants to hand some random gweilo guy she met by chance his TV career on a platter (and I hope his career gets snuffed out permanently from all the outcry).
    even though it was despicable of QY to ruin HZGG and add in a completely useless character that destroys the relationships we all loved in the original, it really isn't Benjamin the actor's fault. Yes obviously QY has a weird crush on a guy 1/3 her age (or so), but if given the opportunity to act in a drama with a meaty role, who wouldn't take it (especially if you're a foreigner trying to make it big in the entertainment business)? It's not like Benji took everything for granted and strolled into work each day acting like an *** because QY favors him. His acting isn't superb, but it's his first job and he tries hard. I've watched BTS clips and variety shows with the cast, and it seems like they all worked very hard. I remember Benji pulling out pages of notes he had for his script...scribbles he made on the pronunciation on his lines and other things to make him understand better. I also thought he looked super cute with Li Sheng, and not because Benji the character was super perfect. I wish the best for him.

In any case, sometimes it seems we forget to separate the script from the actor. Acting skills aside, it really is ultimately the writer's fault for creating such a ridiculous story.

Anyway, I agree the wedding night scene was NOT PG-rated...at least for a TV drama. I don't understand why QY made sex play such a prominent role. If the original HZGG included things like the white cloth and blood spot, I would not have understood at my age then and I'm pretty sure my mom would have been uncomfortable explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Thanks Vuongngocyen, waiting for english subs takes forever. Thank god i still can read vietnamese. lol

The wedding scene, it's so sweet but it's also not PG. lol Hai lu looks so much prettier when her hair is simple and there is not tons of hair pieces on her head.

I see alot of people from the other forums are mad about the series as well. But i feel like you guys invested too much expectations for it. From the beginning, we know it is not going to beat the original. I enjoyed it better because I just saw it as a new series. Funny enough, i like the XYZ here despite some moments where the plot just makes her look ridiculously annoying. But she had her own charm. Well i never really like Vicky.

But if you guys like Li sheng then you shouldn't be too disappointed if QY is writing for them another series. Any series with QY name attached will attract buzz; whether it is good or bad. So if she is writing them another series; then it's definitely a good thing for them. I think all the actors owe her a great deal. She definitely opened alot of doors for them. It would be good if everyone could reunite for different series.
    Is it going to include the same cast?? o.O any idea what this story is going to be about? I want to see li jia hang and hai lu together again xD

Although I haven't watch the series yet since I'm waiting for english sub to come out, I must say that you have invested too much emotion on the series that you forgot that actors are subject to the script, if the script is bad, then the series is bad, and the actors can only do the best they can with a crappy script (Gong for example). What I am appalled is that you would actually wished this poor lo fan would get his career ruin. Really? Come on, there is no doubt that this lo fan worked very hard and took his role seriously. So what that he is given a meatier role? As an actor, that what they all strive for-a role. It is very hard for foreigners especially Caucasians to have a career in the entertainment industry in China, no doubt from prejudice and discrimination and I very sad to read that this is what it is, prejudice. After reading your comment, I hope I will not read anywhere else about any complaints that there are too little Asians in the Western entertainment industry because obviously there are more Asian actors in Western movies than Caucasians or other non-Asians foreigners in China entertainment industry. It is sad that such bias comment coming out of your mouth assuming you are at least foreign raised if not foreign born.

Quote Originally Posted by melodymuse View Post
    Is it going to include the same cast?? o.O any idea what this story is going to be about? I want to see li jia hang and hai lu together again xD
    Most likely no. Just my wishful thinking. It's just word of mouth by QY. Since many fans had complained about Xyz-yq storyline, she said that she would write them a totally different series. But who knows if it will happen or not. If it does, we will probably have to wait another 2 years.

I would be nice if the cast could reunite again. Would love to see Hai lu/LJH paring up again. Like how the old cast did for "romance in the rain". That would be sweet.

[QUOTE]

Although I haven't watch the series yet since I'm waiting for english sub to
    come out, I must say that you have invested too much emotion on the series that
    you forgot that actors are subject to the script, if the script is bad, then the
    series is bad, and the actors can only do the best they can with a crappy script
    (Gong for example).

i thought gong was actually quite good???

[QUOTE=guoluoluo;1000821]

Although I haven't watch the series yet since I'm waiting for english sub to
    come out, I must say that you have invested too much emotion on the series that
    you forgot that actors are subject to the script, if the script is bad, then the
    series is bad, and the actors can only do the best they can with a crappy script
    (Gong for example).

i thought gong was actually quite good???
    The storyline was terrible and certain things didn't even add up. The actors especially Yang Mi and William Feng were great because of their chemistry but overall, it was a bad script.

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Most likely no. Just my wishful thinking. It's just word of mouth by QY. Since many fans had complained about Xyz-yq storyline, she said that she would write them a totally different series. But who knows if it will happen or not. If it does, we will probably have to wait another 2 years.

I would be nice if the cast could reunite again. Would love to see Hai lu/LJH paring up again. Like how the old cast did for "romance in the rain". That would be sweet.
    Ohhh.... but i would love to see a reunite too!! I don't really remember "Romance in the Rain". I heard a lot of good ratings about it. I was maybe 4 yrs old when I saw HZGG, that's bc my mom was watching it x). ah good times.

I'm just in love with that couple and Li Jia Hang xD
    <3 <3

I read in the papers today that Qiong Yao was very upset about nitizens/fans calling Yong Qi a jerk and saying she ruined 13 years of 'YongYan love'. She wrote in her weibo that she's very upset and that no one loves Yong Qi more than her, no one loves Xiao Yan Zi more than her.

Qiong Yao most probably think throwing away everything including responsibility, obligation, decency to be together with the person one loves most is the greatest love of all. She most probably think Yong Qi abandoning child and wife to be with Xiao Yan Zi is romantic. So, she wrote this in, thinking viewers will also feel it's romantic.

I read quite a number of stories in ancient times of men fulfilling their 'responsibility' by impregnating their wife and then go away to do whatever they most wish to do. Poor wife.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-12-11 at 10:15 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Hell, it doesn't have to be ancient time, there are still men out there that does that. Marry a wife and have kids, then they go dillydally with other women. There is a chinese saying, "as long as he still knows the way home"....................

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    Hell, it doesn't have to be ancient time, there are still men out there that does that. Marry a wife and have kids, then they go dillydally with other women. There is a chinese saying, "as long as he still knows the way home"....................
    so in reference to NHZGG, which one is the "other woman"?? XR (his wife) or XYZ (the one he loves first)?? where is his home?

Quote Originally Posted by christinatran View Post
    The dillydallying one we know he's jerk. The type who impregnate wife to fulfill family obligation (to continue to the family line) then go away to do what he wants to do might be seen as honorable.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    So, she wrote this in, thinking viewers will also feel it's romantic.
    O my, I wonder what could have given her that idea. I guess all the glowing reviews for HZGG3 might have been a little bit misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    O my, I wonder what could have given her that idea. I guess all the glowing reviews for HZGG3 might have been a little bit misleading.
    I didn't watch HZGG3. What happen between YQ and XYZ in that series?

kidd, it's basically what happened in this new HZGG...the third woman is introduced. YQ is forced to marry her...fathered a son...and then left with XZY. That's the pieces that I can still remember from that tragic installment. correct if wrong...

i absolutely abhor XYZ in part 3 (old version)...it's like she lost her senses...and miscarried repeatedly. o_O