Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

so this series contain 80 esp, that going to be a little draggy don't you think. draggy=boring & losing audiences & fans interest

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    so this series contain 80 esp, that going to be a little draggy don't you think. draggy=boring & losing audiences & fans interest
    Oh dear, REALLLYY?!! 80 eps is too much. The original Huan Zhu Ge Ge was less than 40 eps. But then again, there came Huan Zhu Ge Ge 2 and 3 after that. I didn't sit through the whole of 2 and couldn't be bothered with 3.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    Actually, Huan Zhu Ge 1 and 2 have a combined total of 72 episodes.

If this is a complete rehash of HZGG 1 and 2 without any other side plots then yes, it is going to be draggy. Bear in mind that they are going to focus on how Qing Er and Xiao Jian met. We will also get to see Er Tai and Saiya get married. We will also get a lot more of the backstory on Yuhe and Xueyin (Xiao Yan Zi's mom) and how their lives affected their children. In Xueyin's case, Xiao Yan Zi was too young to remember her mother, so she had a greater influence on Xiao Jian than Xiao Yan Zi. So, if you think this is all unimportant, then, maybe it will seem draggy and unnecessary to you.

Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1: 24 episodes.
    Huan Zhu Ge Ge 2: 48 episodes.
    Huan Zhu Ge Ge 3: 40 episodes

Combined total 112 episodes.

Oh wow.

For the remake
    Season 1: 30
    Season 2: 30
    Season 3: 20
    The rumour is that they're going to broadcast Season 1, 2 and 3 of the remake one after another. If it is like that, then, there is probably no difference between having 3 seasons and having 1 long season.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 10-23-10 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Corrections

it getting to repetitive, gee give it up w/ all the quad & penta love angle, audiences & fans get less impress by it
    You know, there is no use complaining about the remake's plot lines here in SPCNET when no one on the production crew is going to know that you guys don't like the love polygons. They're already shooting Season 3. So, if you really feel that things need to be changed, send an e-mail to [email protected]

[email protected]

This is Xiuqiong's e-mail address. She's the Executive Creative Director of the remake and Qiong Yao's daughter-in-law. I suggest you give her your feedback before they finish shooting Season 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RainClouds View Post
    With alec. sure I'll love to see this.
    lol right? if the guy's not attractive, i dont want to see him jealous or otherwise
    aww imagine a jealous alec though? like he was in the original season 2 with xiao jian? that was cute. lol *goes to rewatch the original 2 seasons*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pookagege/New%20HZGG/4d5ce270g9242964fcb29690.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pookagege/New%20HZGG/6823766dg924258fc7109690.jpg')

Hey The rain house do we actually get to see yong qi and xioa yan zi get married in the remake???

Because in the interveiw you posted it gave me the feeling that they won't be getting married like they did in the originals. Or am I mistaken???
    Last edited by RainClouds; 10-25-10 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Grammar

Hey The rain house do we actually get to see yong qi and xioa yan zi get married in the remake???

Because in the interveiw you posted it gave me the feeling that they won't be getting married like they did in the originals. Or am I mistaken???

That wasn't really an interview, actually, it was more like I wanted to address some questions that were on some of your minds..

About the weddings, I don't think Er Kang and Zi Wei, Yong Qi and Xiao Yan Zi will get married in Season 2. Because in Season 3, they're still on the run from Qianlong and the assassins they assume he sent (those who watched the original know it's actually the empress who sent those assassins). According to someone on the production crew, they will definitely all be together in the end. Your canon pairings of course, Er Kang-Zi Wei, Yong Qi-Xiao Yan Zi, Xiao Jian-Qing Er, Meng Dan-Han Xiang..

Benjamin will leave them, he'll give Yong Qi and Xiao Yan Zi his blessings and leave quietly. Great sportsmanship.

I mean, he doesn't get the girl and he doesn't whine about it. I have a feeling that despite how some of you say you guys don't like Benjamin, you all might end up liking him after all. Because this is a really great character, really nice and loving, a little naughty and he teases Xiao Yan Zi and they just horse around a lot.

You have my e-mail right? You can send your questions to me. I will not post your question and answer in the FAQ post because it is not confirmed whether we'll get to see a wedding scene between our two main couples like at the end of Season 2. What is your e-mail address? I'll notify you as soon as I can confirm that there will be a wedding scene between Zi Wei-Er Kang and Xiao Yan Zi-Yong Qi.

Also, what I can confirm is that Yong Qi is seen in full bridegroom dress, but he has a sort of gloomy look on his face.

Xing Rong is also dressed as a bride. I've seen fans' photographs of that scene where Xing Rong is sitting alone.

The rumour is this: that Yong Qi will run away on the wedding night. Runaway Groom. I mean, it's just a rumour. This is fans' speculation. They visited the set.

I repeat, just a rumour. Please do not go around quoting me, saying that this is a spoiler or anything. It's speculation..
    Last edited by therainhouse; 10-25-10 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Clarification

This just looks wrong.

Honestly, I don't have a problem with them remaking it (although it's probably not a good idea on their part since HZGG is just such a classic; they probably won't be able to do better). But the cast looks like cheap rip-offs of the original cast. I'm not saying they're bad looking or bad actors; in fact, they're all very pretty people. But if you're going to remake a series, don't find look-a-likes. Take a new, fresh look. Otherwise, what's the point? This just makes the whole thing look like a high-budget youtube parody, imo.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

Quote Originally Posted by pookagege View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/pookagege/New%20HZGG/6823766dg924258fc7109690.jpg')
    This looks like ZW & EK from the original series, lol.

I feel like my resistance to this remake is largely due to my own nostalgia...this was the series that defined my childhood, and seeing it remade cements the fact that I'm an adult now (i.e. ****ing ancient). And it's sort of odd thinking that there'll be a new generation for whom this would be their first experience of HZGG. But putting my generational pride aside, I do think I owe this remake a fair chance. I am very excited to watch it--out of curiosity, if nothing else. And I'm sure if it's truly dreadful I can block it out of my memory (as I did with HZ3).

That said, I'm not impressed so far with the casting choices. I hate to judge based on photos, but I'm not feelin' it. Especially Zi Wei, Yong Qi, and Er Kang. Plus I feel like everyone looks eerily SIMILAR...I have a hard time telling people apart in some photos.

re: redfirefly -- I do agree the look-alike thing is a bit creepy, but I also feel like in HZ3 they went the opposite direction with Huang Yi (who doesn't look like Zhao Wei at all really) and that also felt really wrong...plus the tenor of HZ3 was totally different from the other two parts, which--while adding something new--made the series worse. I think it's tough to say what the purpose of a remake is, but one part which I think is important is that--through the cast, script, etc--they TELL THE STORY WELL. i.e. really articulate the themes/tone/mood and emphasize what is important (rather than including a gazillion fluffy scenes of extra escapades that just make Xiao Yan Zi look unfairly stupid).

Sorry for the rant. I know I've said it before, but it's so surreal seeing this remade.
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

hi sparky
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

why don't they just do a whole new series instead of making a remake? Did I see somewhere that they have Qin Lan & Ruby Lin as a cameo?

Have you read Qiong Yao's post about the reason for the remake?

Anyway, for an entirely original drama, to have Qiong Yao's name on it, I think, it would have to be based on a novel of Qiong Yao's. She could, of course, write something new. And I hope she does.

Maybe you could pose your question to Qiong Yao herself?

Or maybe Sabrina will answer your question...

And, Si Si Xin Dong is, sort of, a new series under the Qiong Yao brand. Because it's produced by Xiuqiong, her daughter-in-law. Qiong Yao didn't have anything to do with it directly.

Quote Originally Posted by therainhouse View Post
    I mean, he doesn't get the girl and he doesn't whine about it. I have a feeling that despite how some of you say you guys don't like Benjamin, you all might end up liking him after all. Because this is a really great character, really nice and loving, a little naughty and he teases Xiao Yan Zi and they just horse around a lot.
    i actually dont mind having him added in, i'll just treat this whole series as a fanfiction he might actually wind up being my favorite character. who knows, i might want XYZ to wind up with him instead of yong qi, just because yong qi looks...eh. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    That said, I'm not impressed so far with the casting choices. I hate to judge based on photos, but I'm not feelin' it. Especially Zi Wei, Yong Qi, and Er Kang. Plus I feel like everyone looks eerily SIMILAR...I have a hard time telling people apart in some photos.

re: redfirefly -- I do agree the look-alike thing is a bit creepy, but I also feel like in HZ3 they went the opposite direction with Huang Yi (who doesn't look like Zhao Wei at all really) and that also felt really wrong...plus the tenor of HZ3 was totally different from the other two parts, which--while adding something new--made the series worse. I think it's tough to say what the purpose of a remake is, but one part which I think is important is that--through the cast, script, etc--they TELL THE STORY WELL. i.e. really articulate the themes/tone/mood and emphasize what is important (rather than including a gazillion fluffy scenes of extra escapades that just make Xiao Yan Zi look unfairly stupid).
    it's not just you - all the people ARE eerily similar - especially the girls. they all look EXACTLY the same. and so generic. same with the guys. ew

and HZ3 wasn't really a reboot of the series, therefore casting someone that looked like the original cast for that series would've been ok (of course, they didnt ). however, this new series is totally like a remake so they probably shouldve taken a fresh approach to it. i feel like they got the making of HZ3 and the making of this new remake totally backwards. lol (and yes, the plot/characterization of all the characters were horrible in HZ3. which is why, like you said, i totally just block it from my memory )

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    #

it's not just you - all the people ARE eerily similar - especially the girls. they all look EXACTLY the same. and so generic. same with the guys. ew

and HZ3 wasn't really a reboot of the series, therefore casting someone that looked like the original cast for that series would've been ok (of course, they didnt ). however, this new series is totally like a remake so they probably shouldve taken a fresh approach to it. i feel like they got the making of HZ3 and the making of this new remake totally backwards. lol (and yes, the plot/characterization of all the characters were horrible in HZ3. which is why, like you said, i totally just block it from my memory )
    For me, when I began collecting stills of the remake, after about roughly 2 days of doing it, I was able to tell who's who. Now, it's completely automatic for me. At the start, I could tell which girl was which character. But, I couldn't tell the guys apart because their names didn't stick with me. Now, I don't even have to think about it. It's really automatic.

As for the casting, it's not the lookalikes, it's more like Xiao Yan Zi has large eyes and Huang Yi had large eyes, Li Sheng has the eyes too but she's also vivacious like Xiao Yan Zi and bumbly and she looks like she's the type to cause mischief, like Xiao Yan Zi. She looked the part, she looked like Xiao Yan Zi but Qiong Yao only decided after watching her performance over and over again. That's what auditions are for.

They're not really lookalikes, I mean, unless you wanna clone the original cast.

There was a guy, Huang Ming, who was rumoured for the role of Yong Qi and he looked a lot cuter than Zhang Rui who currently plays Yong Qi. In fact, I actually think Huang Ming looks more like Alec Su than Zhang Rui. So, if Zhang Rui doesn't look like Alec, maybe his acting convinced Qiong Yao.

There aren't really a lot of lookalikes. Chai Biyun, the actress who plays Saiya looks fierce and like she's totally ready for a fight. She looks like Saiya, she doesn't look like the actress in Season 1.

I'm saying they look like their characters and not like the actors from Season 1 and 2. The casting director's job is not to cast people who look like the original cast but to cast people who can bring something to the table. Flavor, depth, and passion.

If I have a complaint about this remake and I do have a few complaints, it's the hair and costumes.

1.Han Xiang is Muslim. So, why make her dance Fei Tian which is Buddhist? Also, Islam wouldn't allow her to be dressed revealingly.
    Unless Qiong Yao changed the story - maybe tweak it so that Han Xiang's dad forced her to do Fei Tian which is Buddhist to show his intentions in marrying her off to Qianlong?

2.The hair. Some of them wear the black wooden headdresses while some of their headdresses is hair, their hair or wigs or whatever. The point is, inconsistencies. I prefer the way they dressed the characters in Season 1 and Season 2. So much more uniform. Plus, headdresses made out of hair gets a bit freaky, it's weird, but I don't mind, if the plotlines distract me.

3.The qipao. You know, that white sash thing over their dress. Some have prints on them, some have frayed ends, some don't. I just wish that it was like in the original. In the original, it was so classy and elegant. Now, it just looks like little kids playing dress up.

Those are my complaints. But, like I said, if the acting's good, I'm willing to overlook all of this.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 10-27-10 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Additions

The reporters were the one who started all this lookalikes business with Huan Zhu Ge Ge. First of all, no one from the crew or studio or production company, no one from Qiong Yao's camp ever said that they were looking for people who resemble the cast of Season 1 and 2.

We all have varying opinions, I guess, did someone here say that Li Sheng is prettier than Zhao Wei?

It's hard to beat Zhao Wei. Zhao Wei has such large eyes that you could just drown in them, she has a very nice mouth.

Li Sheng's upper lip is like Ella's, thin and ... I don' t know. I'm not particularly a fan of thin upper lips. It doesn't look nice.

I think Zhao Wei is beautiful, she's seriously beautiful. China's idea of classic beauty. Zhao Wei during her Xiao Yan Zi days, Zhou Xun, Jiang Qinqin.... I could really go on and on and on but yea, I think, it's seriously hard to find anyone these days who has the aura Zhao Wei has about, that vivacity and enthusiasm.

Most of you think that Sun Yaoqi is prettier than Hailu. Depends on which angle.

Sun Yaoqi has a lot of baby fat, which will go away in time, but she does have fuller cheeks. Sweet girl, though.

There are some pretty girls here, actually, Chai Biyun, Kan Qingzi, Hailu (check out her photos in real life), Zhao Liying, Madina Maimaiti. She's from Xinjiang, by the way, so, yea, she's Ughyur, somewhat like her character in the remake.

I don't quite think that Hailu is as stunning as Zi Wei is supposed to be but whatever, if her acting convinces me, to hell with the looks man! The acting and the plot is all that matters to me now

As for the guys, there's this one still where Er Kang (Li Jiahang) is gazing at Zi Wei (Hailu) while she clasps her hands in prayer. It's so loving, I tell you, that gaze, it melted me right there and then. I think they have some serious chemistry.

But, my favourite couple in this remake is Xiao Jian and Qing Er.

Oh, by the way, something else that irks me is the hair, the hair, normally when actors do Qing series, the guys shave their heads if their characters are Han Chinese or Manchu, the girls dye their hair black. But, Zhao Liying's hair so obviously has streaks of red in it. Li Sheng's hair is either browned by the sun or she didn't dye her hair black. I think it's the sun, because in most of the stills, her hair is black. But, in behind the scenes photos, when it is especially dark, you can see that her fringe is a little brown.

I know that there are others, I think Sun Yaoqi's hair is a little brown too.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 10-27-10 at 08:08 PM.

Mind me asking (since you seem to be the expert here) what is the character XYZ's mom will she only in cameo like in HZGG3 or will she be a solid character this time???
    Xiao Yan Zi's mom, Xueyin.. Qin Lan is a guest star here. So, a few scenes here and there. Flashbacks. Xiao Jian's memories of his mother. He was very young.
    Last edited by therainhouse; 10-29-10 at 03:13 PM.

which character is Ruby Lin playing in this series? I thought she playing Zi Wei mom

i finally saw princess returning pearl the original series a year ago. while i find vicky stunning in pictures, i thought she was rather unattractive (at times ugly) on moving camera in that series. her eyes are big, but her features together (it could be the makeup) made her unattractive.

ruby lin had a forgettable face in that series. and i felt that she looked different early on in the series versus later.

2 of the three female leads in this remake look better than their counterpart in the original series (the girls who are replacing vicky and fan bing bing's characters).

i found the original series annoying and did not understand the hype. it was so frustrating that i couldn't bring myself to watch the second part.

however, qin lan looks very pretty in her role in this series. as a matter of fact, she is the most attractive imo in this series.

unless qiong yao makes the lead character less annoying, i cannot stomach to watch a remake. boy, was the female lead (i forget the character's name) ever so rash, unreasonable, jealous, and short sighted.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

You're right, Ruby Lin is playing Zi Wei's mother, Yuhe.