Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

why don't they leave HZGG alone. even if they Remake 100000 Billion of this I still choose the Original.

oh, I miss it soooo much good thing I have DVD of that to watch it all over again and again.
    PROUD FAN OF:

Ruby Lin

Hu Ge

Liu Shi Shi

Somebody fansubbed the trailer:

You can throw your rock and hide your hand, working in the dark against your fellow man, but as sure as God made black and white, what is done in the dark will be brought to the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Somebody fansubbed the trailer:

Thanks for the upload! It looks quite fun since there's obviously new plot lines, but what's up with the inclusion of Benjamin?! That's got to be the most random character inclusion ever. Plus he looks like a mini-Fabio and rather plasticky from the trailer. Huh.

At least this Xiao Yan Zi is pretty too, until HZGG3's actress.

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw6ddojwwgu8hj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw6ddojqiu59dj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw6ddojnipkorj.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw6ddojhaxz05j.jpg')
    Everytime I see the crew wearing T-shirts and holding sunshade umbrellas, I get reminded just how hot China really is. Kudos to the actors in those heavy robes! I'm rather surprised there's not been a heatstroke epidemic following summer time filming, lol.

2nd new trailer - 6 min long

Totally didn't know the trailer was released! =O Wow it looks like they've been throwing money at this thing. Everything looks so grand.

I've got it throw it out here though, I've been viewing this new adaptation with a clean slate. I am willing to take it as it is, without comparing it to the original, which imo is a classic and always will be.

However, for the life of me I cannot stand the new Zi Wei. =/ I can take everyone else whether I find them attractive or not, but something about ZW completely annoys me.

She's bland, her acting so far seems so-so and I just can't stand her face. Is it her nose? Her cheeks? I don't really know. There's just something unnatural about her. To make it worse, Ruby Lin plays her mother. Putting Ruby next to the new Zi Wei is not helping the new actress at all.

The new Xiao Yan Zi is quite cute. She's no Vicky Zhao but I can appreciate her version of XYZ.

All and all it looks like it'll at least be fun to watch. Dripping with cheese but fun.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

My feelings exactly, Plushie. I liked the original, but I don't worship it and am willing to take the new one at face value. New Ziwei has none of the charisma Ruby Lin brought to the role, but everything else looks silly and fun.
    You can throw your rock and hide your hand, working in the dark against your fellow man, but as sure as God made black and white, what is done in the dark will be brought to the light.

Ruby Lin plays her mother
    OMG, really??? Didn't actually realise this. That's so fantastically awesome in a car-wreck way. I really wonder which genius of a casting director decided on this. But at least she's dead in the present time and XZW wouldn't act directly next to her. Small mercies.

Good lord, the scene where XYZ gets shot is so cheesy I almost laughed (when it's supposed to be a dramatic scene). You'd think the CGI now is way more advanced than 10+ years ago but it looked more realistic in the old one...Also did XYZ actually say "surprise" in one scene?! For a minute there I thought XYZ was another time-traveller back to Qing! x_x The Benjamin guy still looks so out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by Plushie View Post
    However, for the life of me I cannot stand the new Zi Wei. =/ I can take everyone else whether I find them attractive or not, but something about ZW completely annoys me.

She's bland, her acting so far seems so-so and I just can't stand her face. Is it her nose? Her cheeks? I don't really know. There's just something unnatural about her. To make it worse, Ruby Lin plays her mother. Putting Ruby next to the new Zi Wei is not helping the new actress at all.
    The new ZW is disappointing but since she wasn't one of my favourite characters I'm not too picky. Funny thing is when I watched HZGG I thought Ruby Lin had the least charisma compared to the other actresses (I preferred both Vicki and FBB over her). Don't get me wrong, I still think she did a great job! But just comparatively speaking, she did not appeal to me as much as the other two. So I would've thought it'd be easier to pick a XZW actress (vs the XYZ actress, who has to live up to higher expectations)...but nope.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    OMG, really??? Didn't actually realise this. That's so fantastically awesome in a car-wreck way. I really wonder which genius of a casting director decided on this. But at least she's dead in the present time and XZW wouldn't act directly next to her. Small mercies.
    The creator Qiong Yao asked Lin Xin Ru to come back and guest star as XZW's mother. Lin Xin Ru felt she owed her current fame to Qiong Yao and eagerly came back to help with the new production. Vicki Zhao was supposed to come back too as the new XYZ's mother, but at that time she was still recovering from her pregnancy and was in no shape to act so Qin Lan from HZGG 3 took over instead.

Somehow I feel the Benjamin character is going to annoy the heck out of me...Erkang and ZiWei still look boring and too mushy for my personal taste...I think I like the veteran actors the most...LOL...the new Emperor is definitely a GREAT improvement from HZGG 3..MY GOSH...HZGG 3's emperor left just a sour taste in my mouth that I wanted to scream at the actor for doing just terrible job in playing the role of a benevolent father figure...he was a total cruel jerk
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-08-11 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    The creator Qiong Yao asked Lin Xin Ru to come back and guest star as XZW's mother. Lin Xin Ru felt she owed her current fame to Qiong Yao and eagerly came back to help with the new production. Vicki Zhao was supposed to come back too as the new XYZ's mother, but at that time she was still recovering from her pregnancy and was in no shape to act so Qin Lan from HZGG 3 took over instead.

Somehow I feel the Benjamin character is going to annoy the heck out of me...Erkang and ZiWei still look boring and too mushy for my personal taste...I think I like the veteran actors the most...LOL...the new Emperor is definitely a GREAT improvement from HZGG 3..MY GOSH...HZGG 3's emperor left just a sour taste in my mouth that I wanted to scream at the actor for doing just terrible job in playing the role of a benevolent father figure...he was a total cruel jerk
    I googled that Benjamin character and thiiiink he's called Colin Bennet (great smash-up of Pride and Prejudice there!) and went to RADA, so fingers crossed that he can act. Although I don't have much hope from the trailers.

Do not get me started on the emperor in HZGG3 - the guy was a spoilt petulant brat, but in all honesty neither his lines nor the plot was that fantastic to begin with.

The latest trailer scene between ErKang and ZiWei had me in giggles (the one where he gave her his 'Fu' pendant). Of course, if I wasn't laughing, I'd probably be crying.

So surprised by how the show turned out, considering the bold promises Hunan TV made. I bet they were simply blinded by the RMB signs, *sigh*

their voices, for some reason, kinda annoy me. lol
    god, i just cant get over how fake and un-manly looking the new guys they cast are! theyre just so..white and feminine! which i dont find attractive at all. i mean, i think even the old ErKang (which i also found pretty not-good-looking) is better than these guys...like seriously? they could be playing the eunuchs and i wouldn't have been able to see the difference.
    and the new emperor, while not bad, simply doesnt seem old enough. or maybe i cant get Zhang TieLin's AMAZING portrayal of the emperor out of my head.
    and LOL yeah, the shooting scene. i'm pretty sure it wasnt meant to be hilarious, but i burst out laughing
    oh, and i SAN NOT picture the old lady as mean/cruel with Liu Xue Hua as the TaiHou (emperess dowager?). i just cant take her seriously. she looks animated and silly to me, idk why lol.
    and the Zi Wei/Er Kang scene? not to be mean or anything, but. GAG.
    but hey! the lady who plays the queen actually kinda looks like the last queen. and she's pretty, and looks pretty vicious, so no complaints there
    the white guy is seriously random. even though he might be the best looking guy in there. but still. SO AWKWARD! and misplaced.

What role is Sheren Tang playing in this version? The Empress who is always against Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    What role is Sheren Tang playing in this version? The Empress who is always against Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei?
    Yep, she is playing th evil empress

Ppl on the BBJX thread say reports confirm NHZGG will premiere July 21!

I really like the Saiya and Ertai segment. Imo, Ertai's so far the best looking male of the leads. The hanging off a tree was really sweet.

XiaoYanZi is pretty cute. Not sure how she'll compare to Zhao Wei, but she's definitely not bad and much cuter than Huang Yi.

Ziwei... is it just me or does her eyes seem blind all the time? They're so empty and without focus.
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

Why do I feel the new Zi Wei looks even less attractive in the new trailer? I didn't think she looked that bad in the first two and actually thought she looked better than the new Xiao Yan Zi when the promo pictures first got released.

And the acting from the newer cast ...I feel absolutely no chemistry between the two leading couples, only cheesiness
    Last edited by JoleCole; 06-24-11 at 08:56 PM.

I know, I'm getting serious second-hand embarrassment watching these cheesy scenes. >_< I was going to stay open-minded and check this out to see how it is, but based on these trailers I'm not so sure anymore...