Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    *shudders* The trailers aren't improving with quantity. The last bit in the 3rd trailer had me cringing quite visibly.

Will probably skim through this series and have a peek at the additional scenes added for entertainment value which weren't written into the original series. I don't think it'd be worth the time of watching it from start to finish.

I felt like puking in the Zi Wei & Er Kang scenes. It is all too much! It was already heavy in the original version but the new scene about sleeping with Er Kang's tablet is too much!

The original version was comical but it had its emotional parts as well. This new version seems like teenagers on riot 24/7. I think I am too old for this. Maybe only teenagers would love it. The females look bored and the men are not manly/cute. Qiong Yao should just write another story instead of messing around with the classic.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I felt like puking in the Zi Wei & Er Kang scenes. It is all too much! It was already heavy in the original version but the new scene about sleeping with Er Kang's tablet is too much!

The original version was comical but it had its emotional parts as well. This new version seems like teenagers on riot 24/7. I think I am too old for this. Maybe only teenagers would love it. The females look bored and the men are not manly/cute. Qiong Yao should just write another story instead of messing around with the classic.
    LOL, i dont think you're too old. the version is just crappy i mean, i'm technically still a "teenager" and i already hate it, so its definitely not just you, haha. i agree - why cant she just take all the effort it took to rewrite/edit/remake this already amazing CLASSIC to make a new series that actually might've been enjoyable?

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I know, I'm getting serious second-hand embarrassment watching these cheesy scenes. >_< I was going to stay open-minded and check this out to see how it is, but based on these trailers I'm not so sure anymore...
    Despite the bad acting and cheesiness, I think I'm still gonna give this drama a chance since I like looking at their costumes/props/settings...Hopefully, I'll be able to stand 80+ episodes of mediocre acting

Why can't Qiong Yao give us something new? or cast better looking guys? even though I really like the fact that they cast an Ugyhur actor, but his portrayal of the 5th prince isn't very enticing

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/681ab3edjw1dilcvh75vjj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/70db54ffgw1dimqnayxfmj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/76d88729jw1dimp6uqsubj.jpg')

The obligatory "foreigner" reminds me of Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island. LOL. Disney-ish.

Acting by everyone seems a tad hammy.
    Last edited by Easter Lily; 06-28-11 at 07:59 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6fe6b187jw1dio1mr72vuj.jpg')

OMG I don't mean to diss this since I'm a major Qiong Yao fan but this looks like crap! The actors look like teenagers. The original version had more mature looking actors. Looks like these people were cast because they want to create idols or something. No thanks I'm going to pass on this. Non of the Qiong Yao updates have done anything for me. This includes the last one (Dream of the Pearly Curtain or something like that). They seem to update the cast with people who are wet behind the ears.

She has written dozens of books. Why don't they use another book? Why are we going to the same tired titles every time?

Quote Originally Posted by westamp View Post
    Non of the Qiong Yao updates have done anything for me. This includes the last one (Dream of the Pearly Curtain or something like that). They seem to update the cast with people who are wet behind the ears.

She has written dozens of books. Why don't they use another book? Why are we going to the same tired titles every time?
    Sort ot, but you should try Si Si Xin Dong, her latest work. It stars Zhang Jiani (who guest stars in the new HZGG). It's one of my favorite idol dramas from last year. Not overly memorable, but cute and refreshing.
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post
    The obligatory "foreigner" reminds me of Guybrush Threepwood from Monkey Island. LOL. Disney-ish.

That's exactly it! He seemed so plastic and Ken doll-esque when I saw the trailers, but looking at the stills, he reminds me of an annoying OTT prince with the full thatch of curls, gleaming teeth (with the obligatory sparkle) and probably a dimple as well. Even his costume seems to be adapted from either Disney or Regency romance novel covers, with absolutely no hint of authenticity.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    That's exactly it! He seemed so plastic and Ken doll-esque when I saw the trailers, but looking at the stills, he reminds me of an annoying OTT prince with the full thatch of curls, gleaming teeth (with the obligatory sparkle) and probably a dimple as well. Even his costume seems to be adapted from either Disney or Regency romance novel covers, with absolutely no hint of authenticity.
    Definitely. His costumes look like it came from a Halloween rental store. Poor guy though, he just feels sooo superfluous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Lily View Post

YES! Thank you! I really thought he looked very familiar.....haha, Guybrush Threepwood! I used to be a huge Monkey Island fan back in the 90's.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/1463/9408/Guybrush_Threepwood2.png')

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    YES! Thank you! I really thought he looked very familiar.....haha, Guybrush Threepwood! I used to be a huge Monkey Island fan back in the 90's.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cosplayisland.co.uk/files/costumes/1463/9408/Guybrush_Threepwood2.png')

if you like monkey island, check out monkey king sun wu kong!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/70db54ffgw1dishid4rd0j.jpg')

I heard there are better trailers released by Hunan? Can anyone provide link?

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjgyMzU2OTMy.html
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/65f171fbjw1div1v2ucwyj.jpg')
    11 more days

Quote Originally Posted by delicate_tears View Post
    I heard there are better trailers released by Hunan? Can anyone provide link?

Here you go! The new trailers don't really prove that the drama is better, but it certainly makes it seem a ton more interesting.
    http://cfensi.dramaddicts.com/forum/...e-ge-trailers/
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum