Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

what w/ the white guy, why is he even in the story. Don't remember anything about white guy in the original story.

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    what w/ the white guy, why is he even in the story. Don't remember anything about white guy in the original story.
    that would be because there is no white guy in the original story. or the sequels, as a matter of fact.

what w/ the white guy, why is he even in the story.
    The white guy is dressed in Chinese costume. Remember it's the NEW Huan Zhu Ge Ge. Qiong Yao could have added some new characters

Is this series follow the original story board or something total new?

The white guy is apparently a painter from england.
    and he develops a crush on Xiao yan zi (seriously I really don't see how they're going pull off yong qi winning her heart against him, he looks like he's five)

The look alike cast is resonable in the sense that no-one particularly liked the new fresh cast of HZGG3

I want to watch the remake to just see how the love triangle between (xyz, yq and white guy) goes.

also, the king?! have a problem with that (way to young) it'll make sense if the guy played fifth prince with similar aged ppl as er tai and er kang and then have an older guy as the king.

really hope that the new princess is one of those jealous types, since I always was suspicious as why all the princesses were so accepting of ZW and XYZ when they pretty much took over their lives.

Ok done ranting.

Ooh...looks like Qiong Yao is adding and changing quite a bit of the story for this new production. Pinkerton syndrome is reverse? eh.

Talking

Rong Mo Mo looks like a man, ahhahaha, isn't she supposed to be evil and cruel? Ling Fei is so pretty. This remake seem like a joke , all of them comments/rants are hilarious as well

remake never better than original, fans of the series will watch for sure

Yay for taking out part 3 (which I only watched very few bits of because the plot sounded awful), but now they're splitting up parts 1 & 2 into 3 parts, for a total of 80 episodes?? O_o That sounds even draggier.

Also I really don't like the sounds of the new version getting so many extra "love triangles" added, like Yong Qi being engaged to some princess and a random foreigner liking XYZ...not to mention making Yong Qi's mother another "evil" female character whose sole purpose is to break up the pairing and force him to marry another girl. All the supposedly "new" plots just sound like the same old stuff rehashed.

really hope that the new princess is one of those jealous types, since I always was suspicious as why all the princesses were so accepting of ZW and XYZ when they pretty much took over their lives.
    Sounds good, really.

Especially when XYZ and Ziwei came from a different social class, and you'd think at least one or two of them would be royally pissed.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

And if the addition of this character means we get to see Yong Qi get all flustered whenever Benjamin’s near Xiao Yan Zi, alright! I like jealous Yong Qi, what, it’s so cute to look at him when he’s jealous.
    With alec. sure I'll love to see this.

Why didn't we like zhi hua, because the concept of XYZ against a noble is just too fairy tale.... so what does qing yoa do. Add another zhi hua in - sigh-

Also she ends up messing up the character profile of yong qi. The reason he was such a nice guy unlike most royalty was because his mother died and therefore was sheltered from the politics of the court. So unless they split the original yong qi up into nice guy benjamin and proud royalty with the new counterpart, the story won't really make sense.
    Also I think yong qi seemed to be downgraded abit in the remake. unimpressed with that
    Last edited by RainClouds; 10-20-10 at 03:08 AM.

so what does qing yoa do. Add another zhi hua in - sigh-
    Qiong Yao didn't just add another Zhi Hua. She's not like Zhi Hua. Zhi Hua can be so spiteful. Zhi Hua had Mian Yi. But, Xing Rong and Yong Qi won't have sex. Never ever. From set reports, Xing Rong and Yong Qi's marriage is a sham. Besides, Xing Rong will fall in love with someone else according to a source on the set. Fans got this from the crew.

I don't know if they're going to do the double wedding like in Season 2, but I loved that. It was awesome. I want a double wedding too. Xiao Yan Zi, Yong Qi. Zi Wei, Er Kang.

also, the king?! have a problem with that (way to young)
    Qiong Yao thought he was too young as well. But, after she saw his performance, she thought he was great.

I don't know why you guys don't like Benjamin, if Benjamin were a male version of Zhi Hua, then yes, I think it's justified.

He's a good guy. Again, I don't understand. How many of you like the Korean drama love square that they traditionally use? If you like that, why won't you like this?

Yes, it is a little draggy. But, the addition of how Qing Er fell in love with Xiao Jian I think is needed. It's like there was this huge time jump between Huan Zhu Ge Ge 1 and 2. And that's partly why the remake is so long. I need this part of the story.
    Understand that Er Tai and Saiya, their story needed to be wrapped up properly too. While in the past, they just explained that Saiya was pregnant but what I really would have liked is a bit more story space given to these pair.

First of all, Ruby Lin is not the only pretty woman in this remake. There are so many pretty girls. Zhao Liying (Qing Er), her side profile looks so sweet, Zhou Fang (Liu Hong), her face has character. Zhang Jiani. Qin Lan. Hailu is pretty, just that the Qing dress requires her to put up her hair and reveal her ears. But, she looks very sweet when she's dressed casually.

I don't understand what's wrong with Qin Lan acting as Xiao Yan Zi's mother. They needed someone very gentle and elegant and Qin Lan does that well.
    So, why not? Actors do what they do. If she can't handle being the mother to a girl who was her rival, then, her acting abilities have to be questioned. Acting is acting.

Quote Originally Posted by therainhouse View Post
    Qiong Yao didn't just add another Zhi Hua. She's not like Zhi Hua. Zhi Hua can be so spiteful. Zhi Hua had Mian Yi. But, Xing Rong and Yong Qi won't have sex. Never ever. From set reports, Xing Rong and Yong Qi's marriage is a sham. Besides, Xing Rong will fall in love with someone else according to a source on the set. Fans got this from the crew.
    Ok, My misunderstanding (sorry XP). Still I love the idea of benjamin but if we just had him it's seems like a fun plot line but now you have a love square which has rarely been done well. Like to see how they pull this off.

Mind me asking (since you seem to be the expert here) what is the character XYZ's mom will she only in cameo like in HZGG3 or will she be a solid character this time???

Quote Originally Posted by therainhouse View Post
    Again, I don't understand. How many of you like the Korean drama love square that they traditionally use? If you like that, why won't you like this?
    Actually, I hate the melodramatic love triangles/squares/pentagons what-have-you in Korean and some TW idol dramas. It's the reason I generally stay away from them. They just feel like a cheap way to manufacture drama for the main couple when the writers can't come up with better plots. I do enjoy a love triangle when done well but it can't be the main storyline for a couple, so when there's too much of it in a series to the point where it overwhelms the other plots, I can't stand it.

I really enjoyed HZGG1, where they didn't NEED all that love triangle stuff to make the story compelling. There were still little bits of it, like with Er Tai liking XYZ and XYZ getting jealous over Yong Qi and the servant girl + Saiya, but these were all minor and resolved quickly before it got excessive and old. I didn't enjoy all the added love triangle drama in HZGG2 at all. But now the new one apparently keeps all of it and adds in a Benjamin + princess Xing Rong...yeah, I'm less than impressed.

Oh, by the way, I just noticed: therainhouse, were you the one who wrote the HZGG FAQ page? (just noticed the name of the site)

If so, thanks so much! I might be complaining about the new HZGG a lot but I still appreciate all the helpful info. (Also, thanks for uploading the "Gong" theme songs, if that was by you too...)

mango_cake, you're welcome. The more information you guys have about the remake, the more constructive feedback you guys can give.

I just wanted to let you all know that you're all welcome to the New Huan Zhu Ge Ge Tieba thread, if you guys can understand Mandarin, that is.

Yea, I was the one who uploaded the Gong themesongs too. If you see any username that contains 'therainhouse' in it, it's probably me.

If you guys are talking about the one with Xiang Fei, Xiao Yan Zi and Zi Wei where they stick their arms and legs out. It's because it's supposed to be exaggerated. In this particular scene, they were going for that effect. Just this scene though. And I'm not sure whether this is butterfly scene. Or whether the girls are just having fun and fooling around.

it getting to repetitive, gee give it up w/ all the quad & penta love angle, audiences & fans get less impress by it

it getting to repetitive, gee give it up w/ all the quad & penta love angle, audiences & fans get less impress by it
    Well you really have to see it as a brand new drama then you feel like it's constantly repeating itself. It does depend how it's paced, since I've seen a few shows that do love-polygons really well.

Truth to be told no love-polygons will leave the show as just a pointless comedy.