Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    Have any of you watched the new promotional trailers? I REALLY dread the whole Huan Zhu 3 story arc all over again with Yong Qi leaving a son behind. WTF!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    Ugh. That was the reason (well one of the many) that I never bothered with HZGG3. Totally ruined one of my favourite onscreen pairings at that point. I'm so glad Alec Su's 5th prince escaped that terrible and nonsensical plotline.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Ugh. That was the reason (well one of the many) that I never bothered with HZGG3. Totally ruined one of my favourite onscreen pairings at that point. I'm so glad Alec Su's 5th prince escaped that terrible and nonsensical plotline.
    I just got reliable info that it's gonna be Huan Zhu 3 all over again! My poor YongYan pairing!!!! Okay, I'm really really pissed off at Qiong Yao again! Out of all the story arcs from Huan Zhu 3 she didn't recycle, why must she recycle the stupid 5th prince must leave a son behind crap???? Can't believe 5th prince fell into the pressure!!! NOOO!!! No matter how sucky Gong was, 8th Prince was still a great character!! Why can't the 5th Prince be the same?!!!!

On a happier note, I couldn't stop laughing from watching this Huan Zhu parody!!
    Title: Diary of ErKang's infidelities
    Video
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-23-11 at 01:31 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

by the way i hate the fact that benjamin is the one who draws the letter for XYZ. I mean it was supposed to be XYZ who draws the picture. It's ridiculous how she runs to him for everything.

lol i think i might will continue watch this series when i know at which ep does this benjamin guy will disappear and wont see him again.. he is just so F#$#$# annoying.... i thought i am watching HZGG?. am i not? .. i think i will believe it if someone told me i was watching somethings called. "benjamin in the Qing dynasty" LMAO.... churr

Quote Originally Posted by charm101 View Post
    jolecole, ohhhh Noooo they DIDN'T!! Did you see what I saw? A girl stripping in front of YQ and he actually lays on top of her? the THIRD WOMAN?
    can someone give the link???? i can't find it anywhere....please????
    Last edited by soeulmatelover; 07-23-11 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soeulmatelover View Post
    can someone give the link???? i can't find it anywhere....please????
    I posted the links in my previous post here

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I posted the links in my previous post here
    thank u so much..!!!
    Oh my god im crying watching that trailer ...

According to the new 8mins trailer, it seems like XiaoJian would meet and love Qing'er at right as he appeared. It means there would not have the "love triangle" between YongQi-XYZ-XiaoJian which is my favorite part of HZGG 2. I really enjoy how YongQi got jealous with XiaoJian instead of those stupid scenes between YongQi-Benjamin in this new version.

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    According to the new 8mins trailer, it seems like XiaoJian would meet and love Qing'er at right as he appeared. It means there would not have the "love triangle" between YongQi-XYZ-XiaoJian which is my favorite part of HZGG 2. I really enjoy how YongQi got jealous with XiaoJian instead of those stupid scenes between YongQi-Benjamin in this new version.
    Looks like Benji not only replaces YQ and Er Tai but also replaces XiaoJian as the third wheel in this version. Moooooooooo

I despair over the NHZGG. It is a complete joke. an utter joke. maybe it was meant to be like that.

I did try, very hard, to like the new XYZ. but she annoys me. she doesn't have the endearing warm charm that Zhaowei portrayed. Lisheng's XYZ is whiny, bratty........and always seems to want her own way. her performance tires me out, with her endless shouts, screamings, cryings and demand for things to be done her way. I don't feel her heart or love for either the servants or ziwei........something that i felt was genuine in the original. she seems to be saying things because she's supposed to.

Benjamin is a nice guy. I do like him. but not in this series. He appears in WAY too many scenes.........and he feels so 'extra'! he seems more like a lead than either erkang or yongqi. and its not supposed to be the case! the storyline changes in ridiculous ways just to accomodate him. Chocolate? Seriously.

New Ziwei.........sweet, dainty..........but she doesn't seem to have the character Lin Xin Ru portrayed. I'll wait for her torture scenes to comment further.

New Empress........I really do like Sheren Tang, but the Empress seems to be somewhat of a joke in this new series. She's not scary at all. I blame the music that accompanies her whenever she's around. The new Rongmomo doesn't help either, by looking so kind. I now realise how good an actress the old RMM was. she was evil to the CORE.

It is unfortunate...........HZGG was supposed to be a classic romantic drama with comedic elements, not a comedy with classic romantic elements.

Quote Originally Posted by kellentia View Post
    I despair over the NHZGG. It is a complete joke. an utter joke. maybe it was meant to be like that.

I did try, very hard, to like the new XYZ. but she annoys me. she doesn't have the endearing warm charm that Zhaowei portrayed. Lisheng's XYZ is whiny, bratty........and always seems to want her own way. her performance tires me out, with her endless shouts, screamings, cryings and demand for things to be done her way. I don't feel her heart or love for either the servants or ziwei........something that i felt was genuine in the original. she seems to be saying things because she's supposed to.
    Interesting that you mention how the new XYZ seems to be saying things because she's supposed to... I noticed some Chinese comments on the Youtube videos for this series saying that this new actress was "trying too hard to act like Vicki, not as the character XYZ". After they said that, I really began to notice that she really was trying very hard to impersonate Vicki. She's coming off as more one-dimensional than Vicki, though... and I think now that I'm watching it more, I don't really like her voice as much since it seems like she's purposefully saying things in a lisp-like accent just because Vicky had a natural one. I didn't notice as much in the beginning episodes, but now it's starting to get pretty fake...

But then again, QY personally picked out this new XYZ. I'm pretty sure QY picked this applicant based on how similar she is to Vicki (lookwise and voice-wise).

The new Rongmomo doesn't help either, by looking so kind. I now realise how good an actress the old RMM was. she was evil to the CORE.
    Oh gosh, I totally agree! This new Rongmomo is, like... a kindly old lady or something. Like when she was trying to teach XYZ manners and stuff? She actually wasn't that mean at all! In fact, she seemed pretty patient to me. XYZ seemed much nastier and unreasonable in those scenes, screaming over little things that actually sort of make sense to me (Let's face it, the way she eats is freaking gross. She can't actually think Rongmomo will just let that pass, right?).

Actually, let me defend the new XYZ a bit. I don't think she purposely tries to impersonate Vicki since she actually talks like that in real life. I saw quite a few of her interviews and the Happy Camp episode; her real voice does sounds the same as the XYZ she portrays in the drama.

I think a large part of the New HZGG's failure should be on Qiong Yao. She did a terrible job rewriting the new story and much of the comedy that made the original so successful got replaced by ludicrousness and mundane superfluous characters. I heard that supposedly the second part of the new HZGG should bear the "meat" of the overall storyline and the part one is just a prelude/background story. I'm praying for it to get better cuz honestly, my patience is wearing down. And I had A LOT OF PATIENCE for this drama.
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-26-11 at 09:19 PM.

It is unfortunate...........HZGG was supposed to be a classic romantic drama with comedic elements, not a comedy with classic romantic elements.
    I like the above comment. So sad, it's true. It really annoyed me with all the dragging scenes such as 4 talkative guys ("4 da cai zi"), the nonsense and awkard doctor ("Chang tai yi"), jiaozi's dinner made by XYZ and her band...

However, for those who still love the HZGG story, it's highly recommended that you guys try to watch episode 15+16. To me, they are the only interesting episodes from the first 20 ones so far. The acting of Ziwei and Erkang in the above 2 episodes is much better than I expected.

It scares me how much this new XYZ resembles the old XYZ in terms of looks, acting, and even her voice. But I still like the old XYZ better since this new character seems to be way more clueless and even stupid... Like others have said, this new HZGG seems to have a lot of comedic elements even for the villains. The Empress is too nice, so is RMM. When I watched the scene in episode 19 (or 18?) where Empress didn't want to drink the medicine and was getting chased around, I got so annoyed! How can a mere eunuch even think of doing that without the Empress killing them? Same for the scene when the 4 servants were trying to prevent the Empres and RMM from leaving while XYZ was out of the palace. I think it's time to consider this new HZGG as more of a comedy romance...

However, I saw a trailer of the Empress torturing Zi Wei and that scene was much more scarier and fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    But I still like the old XYZ better since this new character seems to be way more clueless and even stupid...
    Oh I don't know about that. IMO nothing will ever top Xiao Yan Zi losing Zi Wei because she wanted to play chess. That was the stupidest thing Xiao Yan Zi has ever done and this Xiao Yan Zi hasn't done that yet so she is still miles ahead.
    Last edited by merrygocow; 07-27-11 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    Oh I don't know about that. IMO nothing will ever top Xiao Yan Zi losing Zi Wei because she wanted to play chess. That was the stupidest thing Xiao Yan Zi has ever done and this Xiao Yan Zi hasn't done that yet so she is still miles ahead.
    Well, there are 80-some episodes left to go, so I wouldn't rule that scene out just yet. Except I bet that instead of losing Zi Wei, she'll lose Benjamin or something. Because Benjamin needs to be in every single scene and replace every single significant character.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeOpossum View Post
    Well, there are 80-some episodes left to go, so I wouldn't rule that scene out just yet. Except I bet that instead of losing Zi Wei, she'll lose Benjamin or something. Because Benjamin needs to be in every single scene and replace every single significant character.
    That would be brilliant. I pray that she'll lose Benjamin.

I watched the first few episodes and I thought it was alright. It wasn't that bad.

Hey anyone know the ratings of the drama? Has it been doing well on Hunan Tv?

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    I actually really disliked XYZ in HZGG 2. Her ridiculous antics ruined the character for me (I think originally XYZ was my favourite character followed closely by Yong Qi, but after HZGG 2 YQ became my clear-cut favourite because I couldn't stand XYZ anymore). They made her come off as stupid/annoying/rash, rather than being cutely and endearingly naive to the rules in the palace, with a charming "speak my mind" personality. So honestly...when I think about my fond memories of HZGG I only think of the first one.

It sounds like this version of XYZ is closer to HZGG2's version, unfortunately...which I guess shouldn't be a surprise since Qiong Yao obviously thought HZGG2 was a great idea.