Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Murong Bo vs Guo Jing

Default Murong Bo vs Guo Jing

Who would win in an all out fight between these two. And why. I'd pick MRB if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    Who would win in an all out fight between these two. And why. I'd pick MRB if you ask me.
    DGSD Elites have a slight edge due to LDA (although this is by no means a guaranteed win), but it'll be a longer and closer fight than most people believe.

Yeah, I don't think the gap is big either. (Everybody here no longer seem to think the gap is big anyway) But then in a previous poll I stumbled upon which was about Murong Bo vs Zhou Botong. And Zhou Botong was surprisingly actually winning the poll. Anyways I want to see where people stand in this topic.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 10-02-10 at 09:43 AM.

I guess MRB's star-shifting technique should be able to neutralise GJ's Dragon Palms. GJ's best chance is to move in close and get a Mongolian wrestling hold in until MRB yields.

if the accumulated damage due to practising shaolin martial arts is ignored then murong bo wins, otherwise guo jing will win if he can hold out long enough until the pains that murong bo has to suffer everyday kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    I guess MRB's star-shifting technique should be able to neutralise GJ's Dragon Palms. GJ's best chance is to move in close and get a Mongolian wrestling hold in until MRB yields.
    Star-Shifting Technique can handle the conventional Hong Lung 18 Palms, but can it deal with the 9 Yum Jen Ging? It seems that 9 Yum Jen Ging, with its distinct "weirdness," would be almost custom-made to handle stuff like Star-Shifting Technique.

personally i think this question is a little ridiculous with gou jing sure 2 suffer a loss. a better question would be gou jing vs murong fu, then again i think gj is sure 2 win, just not as easily as mb would beat him. these being no more then gutfeelings.

Why is GJ a sure loss?

Based on certain arguments on the board, there have been some that think GJ = XF. (I personally belong to that camp FYR). Given those arguments hold any validity, then GJ pose a significant challenge to MRB.

I also think the LDA's are over-rated; in the sense that they never seem to work on an opponent of equal level.

Not to mention the Star shifting technique. It sounds good in theory, but I doubt it can be applied as advertised. Neither MRF or MRB have shown that in actual combat, it has given them an edge over an opponent of equal caliber just because they can "re-direct" an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    Why is GJ a sure loss?

Based on certain arguments on the board, there have been some that think GJ = XF. (I personally belong to that camp FYR). Given those arguments hold any validity, then GJ pose a significant challenge to MRB.

I also think the LDA's are over-rated; in the sense that they never seem to work on an opponent of equal level.

Not to mention the Star shifting technique. It sounds good in theory, but I doubt it can be applied as advertised. Neither MRF or MRB have shown that in actual combat, it has given them an edge over an opponent of equal caliber just because they can "re-direct" an attack.
    Most people do already seem to think that XF is about equal to GJ unlike back years ago. But it seems most still think that XF still hold a slight edge over GJ and yes GJ will indeed be a huge challenge for MRB but I still think MRB will win due to Star Shifting Technique and LDAs and Jin Yong's theme of no matter how powerful you are you will experience suffering. The LDAs don't seem to be overrated IMO. It probably was overrated back long ago but now it's pretty much agreed that Elites are only a bit stronger than the Greats despite the LDAs. However, I do feel a little bit annoyed when someone IMO underrates the Elites and put them as absolute equal to the older Greats like HYS or YD or even GWM or maybe even weaker but I nevertheless do respect their opinions though.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 09-29-10 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chibidaisuke View Post
    Most people do already seem to think that XF is about equal to GJ unlike back years ago. But it seems most still think that XF still hold a slight edge over GJ and yes GJ will indeed be a huge challenge for MRB but I still think MRB will win due to Star Shifting Technique and LDAs and Jin Yong's theme of no matter how powerful you are you will experience suffering. The LDAs don't seem to be overrated IMO. It probably was overrated back long ago but now it's pretty much agreed that Elites are only a bit stronger than the Greats despite the LDAs. However, I do feel a little bit annoyed when someone IMO underrates the Elites and put them as absolute equal to the older Greats like HYS or YD or maybe even weaker but I nevertheless do respect their opinions though.
    I think of it this way: if Mo Yung Bok and Gwok Jing were to fight ten times, Mo Yung Bok would win six or seven of the matches (but never easily). Gwok Jing would win three to four times, and a little luck might be needed to push him over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Snafu3721 View Post
    Why is GJ a sure loss?

hehe like i said, gutfeeling its just the way i feel

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Star-Shifting Technique can handle the conventional Hong Lung 18 Palms, but can it deal with the 9 Yum Jen Ging? It seems that 9 Yum Jen Ging, with its distinct "weirdness," would be almost custom-made to handle stuff like Star-Shifting Technique.
    How about Star-Shifting Technique versus Zhang Wuji's Heaven and Earth Great Shift? Wouldn't this be one hilarious battle? Who would get more "a taste of your own medicine" hits?
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiWitt View Post
    How about Star-Shifting Technique versus Zhang Wuji's Heaven and Earth Great Shift? Wouldn't this be one hilarious battle? Who would get more "a taste of your own medicine" hits?
    It would go around in circles.

Each time there's a GJ vs thread, I always tried to imagine his opponent 1 against 3, vs ZBT, AYF and QQR at the same time. MRB could very well be deadmeat in that situation and I personally feels that GJ has more potential than people thought.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Each time there's a GJ vs thread, I always tried to imagine his opponent 1 against 3, vs ZBT, AYF and QQR at the same time. MRB could very well be deadmeat in that situation and I personally feels that GJ has more potential than people thought.
    Gwok Jing does very well in fighting groups. Some of his best moments have been against multiple opponents rather than a single, powerful opponent.

Mo Yung Bok, on the other hand, has a long resume of impressive wins against very tough opponents, but we really never see him fighting against groups.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiWitt View Post
    It would go around in circles.
    Circles yes, but it will probably goes down to who's more proficient. It's like two Taiji masters sparring in push hands or two Wing Chun practitioners in sticky hands.

Gwok Jing does very well in fighting groups. Some of his best moments have been against multiple opponents rather than a single, powerful opponent.

Mo Yung Bok, on the other hand, has a long resume of impressive wins against very tough opponents, but we really never see him fighting against groups.
    But I can hardly recall if MRB has fight anyone his peers, above or equal to him and won. GJ has plenty of it, and some in handicapped matches.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    But I can hardly recall if MRB has fight anyone his peers, above or equal to him and won. GJ has plenty of it, and some in handicapped matches.
    What Mo Yung Bok was able to accomplish at age fifteen was pretty damn impressive (taking down some of the most renowned wulin masters of the time). Gwok Jing at fifteen didn't look like he was going to amount to much as a martial artist.

Conversely, Mo Yung Bok's growth and development as a martial artist seemed to plateau after his youth (he continued to improve, but only incrementally), whereas Gwok Jing experienced several quantum leaps after age fifteen.

GJ is a clutch fighter, hes never an easy match. but even with my GJ bias, i say MRB is probably better if they 1v1
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    hehe like i said, gutfeeling its just the way i feel
    hahah I hear ya... sometimes it's just the way you feel about the stories/character

Quote Originally Posted by Shortsight
    Exactlt how I see it too. GJ has constantly outperformed in matches where he was clearly the underdog. MRB doesn't strike me as having any special "X-factor" that would make him do better in a fight with an equal.

GJ to me is definitely an equal to MRB if not better. GJ has dragon palms life XF, he also has 9-yin theories and internal, and he has L/R techinique. Even if MRB can redirect one Dragon Palm, can he redirect 2 different ones with different internal untilizations at different angles?