Thread: Male celebs who marry rich

Default Male celebs who marry rich

Report from The New Paper in Singapore...

WE HARDLY bat an eyelid when Asian actresses pair up with rich men.

But now, more male artistes are hooking up with rich partners of their own. Here's a look at some Asian actors dating wealthy women.

STEPHEN CHOW
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2553/stephenchow.jpg')
    The girlfriend of the "King of Comedy" is Yu Wenfeng, youngest daughter of Yu Jingbo, founder of Kumagai Gumi, a construction firm in Hong Kong.

She is said to have HK$300 million (S$52.8 million) worth of assets. Despite her privileged upbringing, Yu is modest and shuns the limelight, preferring to be the woman behind her man.

ANDY LAU
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5312/andylau.jpg')
    Everyone knows that Carol Chu, the wife of this Heavenly King, is from one of Penang's richest families which owns a business with an annual turnover of HK$20 billion.

CHOW YUN FATT
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/3126/chowyunfatt.jpg')
    Chow's wife Jasmine Tan has good business acumen and has managed his career well.

Chow's father-in-law is Singaporean tycoon Jack Tan and his transition from Hong Kong movie star to international star was in no small part due to his wife's planning and financial support.

RAY LUI
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2268/raylui.jpg')
    Lui made his showbiz comeback last year in TVB drama Born Rich. And silently supporting him is his wealthy wife, Yang Xiaojuan.

Born into a rich family, Yang is a former president of the Shenzhen General Chamber of Commerce and is considered to be a very capable businesswoman.

With Yang's financial backing, Lui has risen from being a bankrupt star to the boss of a listed company.

VANNESS WU
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4808/vannesswu.jpg')
    After the handsome Taiwanese- American actor-singer broke off with Vivian Hsu, he got together with Arissa Cheo, said to be of Singaporean of Chinese-Indonesian descent and who comes from a well-to-do family.

Arissa, 19, tried to break into showbiz in Taiwan, acting in idol drama Kiss of the Toast 2.

She never became a star, but when she returned to Taiwan to appear in Vanness's music video, My Kingdom, the two began a romance.

WE HARDLY bat an eyelid when Asian actresses pair up with rich men.
    Oh yes, we do. There will be a flurry of comments about how the actresses are gold-diggers and etc.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

interesting post
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

this post reminds me of kevin federline who prior to hooking up with a teen idol and ditching her was no more then a backup dancer. now after leaving, suing and ruining spears life, he is a crazy rich celeb.......the luck of some ppl boggles the mind

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    this post reminds me of kevin federline who prior to hooking up with a teen idol and ditching her was no more then a backup dancer. now after leaving, suing and ruining spears life, he is a crazy rich celeb.......the luck of some ppl boggles the mind
    I thought Spears ruined her own life.

KFed certainly didn't get her to drive with the kid in front of her and all that crap. She had her choices... she took them, and a number of them just happened to be the wrong ones.

not that i disagree with you, and certainly spears had to have had a bunch of psychological issues, but i am of the opinion that kfed was the flame 2 the oil as it were

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Oh yes, we do. There will be a flurry of comments about how the actresses are gold-diggers and etc.
    exactly, and all the male calebs who got hooked up with rich women, none of it grab headlines.

So the oppostie is true. when females marry rich men...we will be thinking GOLDDIGGERGOLDDIGGER

but all these male celebs? why isn't there a bunch of flaming posts on forums, more sleezy papers making speculations??

obviously women who marry the rich gets more attention.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    RAY LUI
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2268/raylui.jpg')
    Lui made his showbiz comeback last year in TVB drama Born Rich. And silently supporting him is his wealthy wife, Yang Xiaojuan.

Born into a rich family, Yang is a former president of the Shenzhen General Chamber of Commerce and is considered to be a very capable businesswoman.

With Yang's financial backing, Lui has risen from being a bankrupt star to the boss of a listed company.
    Yeah, because she's so rich and powerful, he don't dare cheat on her, unlike the time when he was with Kathy Chow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    exactly, and all the male calebs who got hooked up with rich women, none of it grab headlines.

So the oppostie is true. when females marry rich men...we will be thinking GOLDDIGGERGOLDDIGGER

but all these male celebs? why isn't there a bunch of flaming posts on forums, more sleezy papers making speculations??

obviously women who marry the rich gets more attention.
    Hmm... the guys do get attention, but not as much as the women. The light will be about the same. Usually got insinuation of "eating soft rice", scared of the wife, and all that. And yah, that constant highlight of the wife being rich.

It's an ongoing war against the rich and those who dare get married with them waged by the sourgrapes.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang; 10-01-10 at 06:41 AM.

Default many years

I read Andy Lau dated his girlfriend many years before marrying her and even so, it was supposed to be at the request of her father. Didn't even read anywhere about their wedding. Money did not speed things up for them.

Her father's business is worth 7 or 8 billion Malaysian? I don't think there are PLCs in Malaysia that big. What's it called?

I hate soft rise eaters LOL

A lot of these men are already financially well-off themselves (Stephen Chow, Andy Lau) so I don't really think they'd marry with the intention of getting rich. Then again, more money never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    A lot of these men are already financially well-off themselves (Stephen Chow, Andy Lau) so I don't really think they'd marry with the intention of getting rich. Then again, more money never hurts.
    i thought stephen owns alot of commercial property in hk valued 1bHKD...anyway good luck to him since a majority of us probably grew up watchin his movies and seen how he was a nobody actor to a star in his own genre....

Lawrence Ng had married a Thai heiress for a few years after he left TVB and then divorced and returned to film in Hong Kong. His second wife is from a common family. But I'm not so sure about Lawrence's own background. He studied overseas during the 70's so his family would have been financially good (if not above average) sicne it costed heaps to send children abroad in those days.

I agree with the others. Andy and Stephen were loaded when the dated their rich girlfriends.

I know that Michael Tao is rumoured to be dating the daughter of a chinese official. Donnie Yen's wife is also quite well-off (jewellery business I think) and super-talented. Rumours are that Raymond Wong Ho Yin's wife is also rich.

I don't really think that having a rich spouse means depending on themselves. As long as they aren't gold-diggers, I'm fine with them.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

But i doubt the males are alike the female actors who get shower with gifts and stuff....you rarely hear in the news of male actors receiving luxury presents from rich girlfriends....

lol housewife killers

the difference between male actors marrying rich ladies...lol they cant choose whether shes hot or ugly...

while the female actresses could care less about looks when they only worry about financial security...

but how much money/wealth do these ppl really need? they earn more then the normal person and should be financially well off if they spend/invest wisely...

now the rich person marrying a celeb, the only reason i see here is trophy wife...

Quote Originally Posted by Dai Hiep View Post
    the difference between male actors marrying rich ladies...lol they cant choose whether shes hot or ugly...

while the female actresses could care less about looks when they only worry about financial security...

but how much money/wealth do these ppl really need? they earn more then the normal person and should be financially well off if they spend/invest wisely...

now the rich person marrying a celeb, the only reason i see here is trophy wife...
    One can never have too much money.