Thread: Interracial Relationship

Default Interracial Relationship

I've search but didn't find any thread about interracial relationship so I decided to start one. If there is a previous said thread, please move or merge.

Ok, so I'm wondering if anyone here who's in an interracial relationship or have any thoughts regarding said topic? What are the benefits, what are the headaches and heartaches?

Feel free to discuss.
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction

I am not currently in a relationship but have considered dating people from outside of my race. In my family, there are a few of my cousins that have married "out." Both of my brothers prefer to date Caucasian girls, also. My mother prefers that her children marry someone who is Asian...but she will not go so far as to break any couple hood up because of her own beliefs. My father is a "live and let live" sort of fellow; however, he has expressed that, should I marry, my partner should be someone white-skinned. That's because he's found of fairness...though he himself is not fair. The same statement does not apply for my brothers though.

I find that there are attractive men of all races and ethnic groups. ::shrugs:: Well, that means that if one day should I decide to marry, I would not limit the candidacy pool based on race. Frankly though, someone who shares your cultural background, socio-economic status, and/or education makes for a more immediately attractive affinity. I am personally more concerned with a shared personal/spiritual outlook and life values than any of the above, but they're all elements that are complementary and helpful.

Anyway, my preliminary life plan is to live a solitary and spiritual life, but should Mr. Right come along, I wouldn't reject him just because he doesn't fit a physical or race ideal.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    I am not currently in a relationship but have considered dating people from outside of my race. In my family, there are a few of my cousins that have married "out." Both of my brothers prefer to date Caucasian girls, also. My mother prefers that her children marry someone who is Asian...but she will not go so far as to break any couple hood up because of her own beliefs. My father is a "live and let live" sort of fellow; however, he has expressed that, should I marry, my partner should be someone white-skinned. That's because he's found of fairness...though he himself is not fair. The same statement does not apply for my brothers though.

I find that there are attractive men of all races and ethnic groups. ::shrugs:: Well, that means that if one day should I decide to marry, I would not limit the candidacy pool based on race. Frankly though, someone who shares your cultural background, socio-economic status, and/or education makes for a more immediately attractive affinity. I am personally more concerned with a shared personal/spiritual outlook and life values than any of the above, but they're all elements that are complementary and helpful.

Anyway, my preliminary life plan is to live a solitary and spiritual life, but should Mr. Right come along, I wouldn't reject him just because he doesn't fit a physical or race ideal.
    You are blessed to have parents who are open-minded. Likewise, my parents prefer me marry an Asian, but should I find someone right for me, they would not object to my decision. I feel fortunate knowing many Asians do not have parents like us, parents who want their kids to live up to their expectations based on their own beliefs.

Interracial relationships between Asians and other ethnic groups are more common nowadays even for Asian guys. It's cool that you mentioned spirituality because I became spiritual not too long ago which, and as a direct result, makes it less difficult to be in a relationship with someone who is non Asian simply because I had detached myself from long-held social stereotypes and stigmas.

I had relationships with Asian girls before, but somehow it was our "asians beliefs" that made the relationship so unbearable at times for me and for my gf at the time.

Now I'm with a girl who is Mexican and I don't judge her based on beliefs I was exposed to growing up and I'm experiencing the best relationship I had ever had. I guess relationships are much more meaningful when you simply see and accept the other person as who he/she is and not who you want him/her to be.

I'm glad you've given your time to reply and allow me to discuss the topic at hand. I know you will meet that right person soon because when you take the spiritual path, good things will come your way!
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Odd. I'm so sure I made a thread like this long ago.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by xJadedx View Post
    Odd. I'm so sure I made a thread like this long ago.
    Are you or were you in and interracial relationship also? If so, how was it like for you?

I think there is one too, just can't remember who started it....

Anyway...... I think interracial relationship concerns would be with the face-off with family, and how both you two can accept each other's belief (what you two believes in culturally, not necessarily about religion). I think Puerto Ricans are quite similar to Mexicans? From what I know, PRs are opened and accepting people.

I think your hurdle would be your family, and your extended family, if you care about their opinion.

"asians beliefs" would mean cultural belief, I guess. Both parties need to come compromise, in my opinion, to make the relationship work.

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiWitt View Post
    Now I'm with a girl who is Mexican and I don't judge her based on beliefs I was exposed to growing up and I'm experiencing the best relationship I had ever had. I guess relationships are much more meaningful when you simply see and accept the other person as who he/she is and not who you want him/her to be.
    I very much agree with this, as I know so.

The interracial relationship I experienced had to end because it was not realistic despite we had amazing chemistry. However, we are still in touch as friends.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 10-01-10 at 09:27 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Default S.Koreans pose weighty question for N.Korea's tubby heir Kim Jong-Un

delete post

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiWitt View Post
    Are you or were you in and interracial relationship also? If so, how was it like for you?
    I am. I like it, otherwise I wouldn't be in it for over 5 years.

Anyway, for us, things are made slightly easier because I used to live in Europe, and therefore have a very good background of European culture. My boyfriend grew up in a heavily Asian populated area of the city, and hence most of his friends are Asian, so he too has a very good Asian background. For us, culture really doesn't make that big a difference, if any.

In fact, I think that the emphasis on culture as an issue in a relationship is somewhat overrated. It's really an issue only if you make it one. Frankly, if two people care about each other enough, they would try to accommodate and assimilate each other's cultural differences. At least, that's how I see things.

Going back to my relationship, problems within our relationship are usually problems that any couple encounter and is rarely directly related to culture.
    Last edited by xJadedx; 10-01-10 at 01:48 PM.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Speaking of hate crimes...

http://www.the-dating-website.org/wh...ack-woman.html

^ That's disgusting. I can't believe we're in the 21st century and you have acts like this happening. People beat up just for having an interracial relationship. Was this in a low educated area? Must be.

I married inter-racially and inter-culturally. We get along just fine. It was one the best decisions of my life.
    --=={Grundle}==--