Thread: x-men vs...

Default x-men vs...

The X-men are invading the jin Yong and Gu Long Universe! Their warriors include:

Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Gambit
    Nightcrawler
    beast

pick 5 fighters from both Jin Yong and Gu Long novels you feel will best defend the realm of wuxia against this group.

1) Against Cyclops -- ZWJ Perhaps his QKDNY can redirect a lazer eye blast =P... Or Sweeper monk who has an Aura shield much like Magneto's
    2) Wolverine-- XF this needs no explanation. It would be cool to just watch
    3) Gambit-- LHC so he can deflect the projectiles with DG9J while attacking gambit with suprising positioning
    4) Nightcrawler-- Little Dagger Lee, when the dagger is released, it never fails to kill... perhaps even a teleporter
    5) Beast-- HYS so not only will they fight physically, then can challenge each other mentally as well

All jokes aside... the above cast of X-men would get slaughtered by wuxia heroes.

But any of the more powerful mutants like Jean Grey, magneto, Apocalype would dominate. (btw, I think there are already threads comparing comic characters to wuxia somewhere in the archives)
    Last edited by Snafu3721; 10-05-10 at 05:04 AM.

I don't see how Wolverine could die though. His bones are adamantium, and he can regenerate an eye in an hour. Can fight for days because he clears lactic acid as it builds. Even in a drinking contest, he's immune to toxins.

I'd send DFBB against Cyclops, the speed means he won't be able to optic blast him cause he can't track him, he'll easily get taken down or blinded by the needles afterwards.

Where's Rogue and Professor X?

While the unassuming Rogue could take down her opponent with a surprise energy-draining attack beyond what "Xi Xing Da Fa" can do!
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i feel they would all be pretty easy meat for say qf, dfbb, sp, sm, and xs, especially cyclops would be in for a whooping. the only one i feel could hold his own and possibly/probably win is wolverine.

cyclops; only has his eye beams, any jy character worth his salt would demolish him up close

gambit; his cards are nothing more then exploding projectiles, and martial art's heroes evading projectiles [ if not outright redirecting them] is second nature. due to his skill with a staff though he could put up a bit of resistance, at least he wouldn't completely destroy marvels face, like cyclops.

nightcrawler; he's got some good tricks up his sleave but all in all it can be considered no more then elite or super-elite qing gong , in an upright standing fight he too would be crushed.

beast; the best next too wolverine who on second thought [ with his exceptional dexterity, agility, strength, and intelligence] could most definitely hold his own or possibly win. though without a fighting style [ correct me if wrong please] im sure technique and skill [plus nei gong] will carry the day.

wolverine; omgwtfbbqsauce's even sweeper monk, nuff' said

p.s. i apologize if some of my knowledge on the xmen is lacking. [feel free to enlighten me]
    Last edited by Shi-Potian; 10-05-10 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shi-Potian View Post
    gambit; his cards are nothing more then exploding projectiles, and martial art's heroes evading projectiles [ if not outright redirecting them] is second nature. due to his skill with a staff though he could put up a bit of resistance, at least he wouldn't completely destroy marvels face, like cyclops.
    Gambit is pretty bad ***. So much so that Sinister had to remove a piece of his brain to reduce his power. At the height of his power, he could generate a shield that negates rogue's powers. Tear a dimension through space and travel through time. And kinetically charge people's flesh itself just by thinking about it, no need for cards. His whole body is enhanced, speed endurance power. He pretty much vaporized the world. But that's Gambit at maximum potential.

Wow, I didn't know Gambit is that powerful. I'm sure on a X-men vs Wuxia game Ken would gladly use Gambit to vaporized YG and XLN.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

The X-Men on the list aren't the most powerful, so they can't slaughter the best of wuxia heroes as easily as, say, Magneto, Phoenix (who almost destroyed a planet?), and the Phalanx which spreads like wildfire and immobolizes everything in the way.

Too bad Storm is not in the list. All she has to do is fly 100 feet above ground, summon the biggest storm ever, and the wuxia guys would be toast.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by Banh Mi View Post
    I don't see how Wolverine could die though. His bones are adamantium, and he can regenerate an eye in an hour. Can fight for days because he clears lactic acid as it builds. Even in a drinking contest, he's immune to toxins.

I'd send DFBB against Cyclops, the speed means he won't be able to optic blast him cause he can't track him, he'll easily get taken down or blinded by the needles afterwards.
    You don't need to kill Wolverine. You just have to seal his accupressure points. Although perhaps his increased healing factor may unseal them faster...

Which bring us to the question... what if you sealed Wolverine with 1-yang finger?!

Don't underestimate Wolverine. In the Marvel Universe, admantium has survived battering from forces many times the magnitude of what even the most powerful wuxia characters can dish out.

The X-Men are a formidable force, and would do quite well, even in the world of Wuxia. Now the powers and abilities vary greatly from showing to showing, but for the most part I'd say that all the highest tier Wuxia characters would have a very hard time against your average X-Men...even great level characters.

Cyclops -
    Well he's not a just a guy with a laser beam. And it doesn't help much here, but he's is a tactical genius and a superb martial artist. But his ace in the hole is that along with the laser canon on his head is the ability to nearly perfectly aim it. A supplemental power he has is a sort of spatial geometric awareness. Meaning you can be running around him, and he can fire off a shot, ricochet off of 20 different things and still tag you as if you were standing still. Not to mention his blast will just about best any great's LDA.

Wolverine -
    Again it doesn't matter here much I guess, but he does have over 100 years of martial arts experience under his belt. Imagine if he had spent it cultivating internal energy. But his adamantium laced claws and skeleton and healing factor means he's super dangerous offensively, and nigh indestructible defensively. Take YG HIS for example. When he had it, he was pretty dominate left and right. Sure he had a lot of internal energy behind it, but the weight and bludgeoning power of the thing can't be denied. But even if there was internal power behind it, it wouldn't do much good when Wolverines claws would literally shred it like paper. As for his healing factor, well he has come back from being literally ripped in half:
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...e-VS-Hulk-.jpg
    and his most outrageous showing has been regenerating from a skeleton:
    http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8562/skeletonbm1.jpg

Most readers found that wrong..but still

Gambit - Gambit's unrestrained power as New Sun has already been explained.
    "Complete control of kinetic energy in all its forms. This translates into flight, explosion of matter, and manipulation of time and space, including travel to alternate realities."

But even without, his power isn't limited to throwing cards..it's charging anything he wants to with kinetic energy. But he might have trouble is he keep up.

Nightcrawler -
    Nightcrawler speed and agility and teleportation would make him very formidable. But don't know how he would fair. But anyone who has seen the opening scene of X-Men 2 wouldn't dare deny him is badassedness

beast -
    A great mix of brain an brawn. He's probably the weakest of the 5 and the most vulnerable. But on shear strength and agility alone would probably give even a great a good fight.
    Last edited by Aventinus; 10-06-10 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post

While the unassuming Rogue could take down her opponent with a surprise energy-draining attack beyond what "Xi Xing Da Fa" can do!
    If you were to add Rogue, would you have DY go against her since they both have the ability to absorb their opponents' power/strength? One can fly and the other can run really fast.

i didn't want to include higher level x-men...especially those with the ability to fly because it wouldn't be much of a fight. I wanted to throw colossus in there to see how he'd match up with kf, but the guy transform into pure steel(or some kind of metal). Not sure if my dude Kiu Fung could contend with that.

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    i dunno, besides sweeper...i think they may be a bit too powerful for the other wuxia fighters. dfbb might be able to cause some harm though.