Thread: Wang Lee Hom criticized for slamming Stephen Chow failure to win Golden Horse award

Default Wang Lee Hom criticized for slamming Stephen Chow failure to win Golden Horse award

Wang Lee Hom criticized for slamming Stephen Chow

Taiwanese singer-actor and budding director Wang Lee Hom gets lashed by netizens for commenting on Stephen Chow’s failure to win a Golden Horse award
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sgstb.msn.com/i/5A/47C8B91F8BBF82488DC95BB38AFEB.jpg')

Wang Lee Hom's self-directed movie debut Love In Disguse failed to perform up to expectations despite the initial hype during its release and scored only one nomination for Best Original Film Song in the upcoming Golden Horse Awards.
    In response to that, Lee Hom commented on famed Hong Kong director Stephen Chow's failure to bag a Golden Horse award. He angered many netizens who in turn mocked him for comparing himself with the King of comedy.
    The 34-year-old's agent spoke on his behalf yesterday and explained, "Leehom merely said that it's not easy for a comedy to win an award and he meant that Chow has never won an award for Best Actor."
    Chow had won himself Best Supporting Actor for Final Justice in 1987, as well as Best Director and Best Film award for his recent flick Kung Fu Hustle.
    Before Love in Disguise was released in theatres, Wang commented that movie critics were in favour of writing negative feedback to attract viewership, in fear of bad ratings.

The Link
    http://entertainment.xin.msn.com/en/...mentid=4380756

I honestly think the Chinese media and netizens have a bad habit of twisting innocuous comments by celebs to create phantom wars and needless feuds. All he said it's not easy for even a great like Stephen Chow to win an award, and he's accused of "criticising"? Jeez...
    I ship Shi-Harem

I wonder if what Wang Lee Hom meant to say was that if Stephen Chow found it difficult to win a Golden Horse, brilliant as he is,...then how would an unworthy newcomer like himself achieve it.

Dude, those netizens...you can't utter anybody's name without it being taken out of context.
    I like me.