Thread: Forced abortions for Chinese women at 8 months after she violated the 1 child polic

Default Forced abortions for Chinese women at 8 months after she violated the 1 child polic

Forced abortions for Chinese women

Mother tells Al Jazeera how her foetus was terminated at eight months after she violated the one-child policy.
    China's one-child policy leads to an estimated 13 million reported abortions every year, with many of those ordered by the authorities enforcing the system.
    Al Jazeera's Melissa Chan gained access to a hospital in the southeastern city of Xiamen, where she found one mother in a terrible condition.
    Xiao Ai Ying was forced to have an abortion eight months into her pregnancy because she already has a ten-year-old girl.
    Forced abortions sometimes happen in remote areas of China, but this one occurred in one of the country's most modern cities. They are not condoned by the central government.
    Mothers who violate China's one-child policy usually pay a fine anywhere from $1 to $40,000, but are then often sterilised to prevent them from having another child.
    Although the officials figures of 13 million abortions seem high, physicians and medical researchers quoted by the state-run newspaper China Daily on Thursday said that once unreported and medication-induced abortions are counted, the actual number is substantially higher.
    The rate of abortion in China is about 24 abortions for every 1,000 women between the ages of 15 and 44, the World Health Organisation and the Guttmacher Institute said in a joint report.
    In 2003, the report put the number of abortions in China at nine million, out of a total of 42 million worldwide.
    Al Jazeera approached Chinese authorities in Xiamen for comment on this story, but they declined to speak to us.

Link
    http://english.aljazeera.net/news/as...145793266.html

Abortion after 8 months? I can't imagine what you would have to do to get the baby out? Kill it in the womb then cut it to pieces then extract it? Kill the baby and induce a stillbirth?

These are sanctioned by the government? I am only mildly surprised.
    Last edited by ByTmE; 10-21-10 at 09:23 PM.
    I like me.

Does China still have population problem? This policy has been enforced for 20 years already.
    Last edited by kidd; 10-22-10 at 10:22 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Does China still have population problem. This policy has been enforced for 20 years already.
    sure it does...imbalance gender-population is one too.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    sure it does...imbalance gender-population is one too.
    Seriously, gender imbalance in in china is way way overated. It's not that big of a deal. All the guys that unable to find love can just live a single and simple life. In fact there are still ton of chinese women of are ages still unable to find local men that they need to use internet to find boyfriends/husbands from overseas. http://www.chnlove.com/

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Does China still have population problem. This policy has been enforced for 20 years already.
    ...dude, have you seen that place?
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 10-22-10 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Seriously, gender imbalance in in china is way way overated. It's not that big of a deal. All the guys that unable to find love can just live a single and simple life. In fact there are still ton of chinese women of are ages still unable to find local men that they need to use internet to find boyfriends/husbands from overseas. http://www.chnlove.com/
    Not everyone wants to live a single and simply life. A lot of them want to have children to carry on the family name.

^ Where have you beeeeeenn? Heard you moved out of the middle of nowhere already?

Quote Originally Posted by jadebunny9 View Post
    Not everyone wants to live a single and simply life. A lot of them want to have children to carry on the family name.
    Sure, this is true. I myself want to have a family life with an intelligent, young, and beautiful lady too but if I can't find one I have no problem with living a single and simple life either. I am not going to commit crime just because I can't get what I love to have in life.

^ Where have you beeeeeenn? Heard you moved out of the middle of nowhere already?
    I live in a pretty big city.

These women go on dating sites to find overseas boyfriends/husbands not because they can't find one locally. They prefer a foreign boyfriend/husband.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Sure, this is true. I myself want to have a family life with an intelligent, young, and beautiful lady too but if I can't find one I have no problem with living a single and simple life either. I am not going to commit crime just because I can't get what I love to have in life.

I live in a pretty big city.
    well not all the men out there shared the same mindset as you; and neither is your mindset necessarily more superior than theirs, so there's no compulsion for all of them to think like you do.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.