Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts -- about Love

Quote Originally Posted by GuGu View Post
    if old chubby man buys me expensive house and car for marriage then i will be happy.
    if old chubby man buys me expensive jewelry and furniture after marriage i will be very happy.
    if old chubby man buys me expensive clothes, all the handbags i want, all the shoes that i want, then i will be very very happy.
    if old chubby man and i have a child, then i will love that child.... and one day i will slowly love that old chubby man too.
    so the way i see it money does equal love.

i'm messed up that way. wow.. too much yaoi!
    That means that relatively 'Old Chubby Man' has invested alot of his own dough on you.

Hmmm... are you the 'Young Hot Chick??'

Refer to post #50
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

i'm sweating so yes, i'm hot. and i just turned 50 so i'm still young.

i'm sweating so yes, i'm hot. and i just turned 50 so i'm still young.
    What??

You are 50y/o?

Well i happen to be 65 then.
    ~ I'm so awesome.. the greatest ever after Kobe!! ~
    ~ aka Mini T-mac here ~

Romantic love is a feeling that need to be delicately handled and nutured with time. The more one pushes for progression, the more damage can be done. It's the same for outside pressure from friends and family as well - the more chances others try to deliberately create(like really lame coincidence or fate encounters BS), the worse it becomes.

Just let love grow slowly and naturally, the more strong and well founded it becomes. See it as a plant, you take the time to water and trim it, and it grows up great! You dunk in too much fertiliser or hormones, you get either a dead plant or a horrid looking stinky plant!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Romantic love is a feeling that need to be delicately handled and nutured with time. The more one pushes for progression, the more damage can be done. It's the same for outside pressure from friends and family as well - the more chances others try to deliberately create(like really lame coincidence or fate encounters BS), the worse it becomes.

Just let love grow slowly and naturally, the more strong and well founded it becomes. See it as a plant, you take the time to water and trim it, and it grows up great! You dunk in too much fertiliser or hormones, you get either a dead plant or a horrid looking stinky plant!
    One of the worst things is that the mass media so badly misrepresent what it is to the most vulnerable audience: YOUTH, and elders do an equally bad job of warning them what it is and what it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    One of the worst things is that the mass media so badly misrepresent what it is to the most vulnerable audience: YOUTH, and elders do an equally bad job of warning them what it is and what it isn't.
    Its often the confusion between passion and love that fuels the downfall of a relationship - like comparing who loves who more, or acting selfishly as if the whole world just revolved around the two lovers, or comparing them with exs. That's why there are so many bad breakups and divorces. Just stop comparing, think about other people and interact naturally.

Another Archille's Heel is the misbelief that there can only be one true love in one's lifetime. That is a load of nonsense. Each feeling is unique due to the stage of life the person is experiencing. Just cos your partner had a very close lover is the past does not mean that his/her feelings for you are not real. And don't expect people that have a clean slate in terms of romantic history
    to be the best lovers. Often they are immature and do not know how to carry out their actions of love. The past is the past. Let it be and enjoy your time together.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

You know when you look at someone's eyes and say "I love you" and they never love themselves as much as you...

Anyone say "I love you" and you never love yourself as much as they do?
    Last edited by thedov; 04-17-13 at 08:08 AM.

love = money.
    Did you ever heard of a phrase from the Cantonese "El Shen Em Shui Pao"?
    It means "with love, water can feed the hunger".

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Just cos your partner had a very close lover is the past does not mean that his/her feelings for you are not real. And don't expect people that have a clean slate in terms of romantic history to be the best lovers. Often they are immature and do not know how to carry out their actions of love. The past is the past. Let it be and enjoy your time together.
    While people who have a clean history are not perfect, they are better than people with a long history. At the very least, people who have clean history are pure and clean. The past matter, it defines the present.

love hurts

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    love hurts
    "Everyone says that Love hurts, but that's not true. Lonliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Everyone confuse these things with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again." - unknown
    Sim neej aws...

When two people really care about each other, they always find a way to make it work. No matter how hard it is.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I knew you're going to post a music video clip...
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    "Everyone says that Love hurts, but that's not true. Lonliness hurts. Rejection hurts. Everyone confuse these things with love, but in reality love is the only thing in this world that covers up all the pain and makes us feel wonderful again." - unknown
    like the quote =)

"INFACTUATION: When you find someone who's absolutely perfect. LOVE: When you realize that they aren't perfect, and it doesn't matter."
    Sim neej aws...

Well. I you really love someone and that person betrays/backstabs you, then it's really really hurt. Therefore, love could hurt you very very badly, both physically and emotionally.

When two people really care about each other, they always find a way to make it work. No matter how hard it is.
    True.

"INFACTUATION: When you find someone who's absolutely perfect. LOVE: When you realize that they aren't perfect, and it doesn't matter."
    True.

I think post #39 is the most insightful... insight, posted yet.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Maybe not about love. But on female looks.
    I notice that single women over 50 do not look good though they are quite pretty in the 20s.
    wheres married women over 50 tend to continue to look good.

For the former, no one to look at them anymore?
    For the latter, afraid that their husbands run away?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Maybe not about love. But on female looks.
    I notice that single women over 50 do not look good though they are quite pretty in the 20s.
    wheres married women over 50 tend to continue to look good.

For the former, no one to look at them anymore?
    For the latter, afraid that their husbands run away?
    I disagree on that. I know some women that are single and they are almost in their 50s and they are still looking good. I think it really depends on the woman if she is taking care of herself or not when she's 50. Also, their genes probably have something to do with it. Some people just don't age as much as others.
    Sim neej aws...

Love gets ruined by money and power and fame. -Ruth B