Thread: Huang Yiqing 黄怡晴 - Voice actress (Xiaoqi, Xuejian, Xiyao, Xiao Longxia, Huang Rong

Default Huang Yiqing 黄怡晴 - Voice actress (Xiaoqi, Xuejian, Xiyao, Xiao Longxia, Huang Rong

Huang Yiqing was a professional voice actress that dubs anything from TV Shows (eg, ancient or modern chinese series), movies, cartoons, anime and anything else.

Huang Yiqing - Photo of when she was younger (The only HQ photo I could find)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs627.snc4/58740_162707407076142_162707353742814_576136_74643 3_n.jpg')

Huang Yiqing's voice reel - http://www.facebook.com/video/video....2332135&ref=mf

Reel 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGfj8HUMW-U

I decided to make a thread and a facebook page for Huang Yiqing because firstly, I am sick and tired of hearing the only thing people ever do on forums, youtube and such is complaining about the dub voice, sure, if they don't like it, they start saying how annoying it is, how it's too high, too low, too cute, or whatever other reason people come up with. And, when people DO LIKE the voice, very few even knows who does the voice, or expresses they like it, sometimes it makes me feel that all there is for those hard-working, talented voice actors is complaints and hate for them. These voice actors spend just as much time doing the dubbing for the characters as the actors, they work hard too, they deserve more credit then "that dub voice is annoying"....

(If you want to know about their work schedule, go down and read the article below...)

So, I am here to change that. I want people to know their name, know the work they put in. I would like to, instead of people saying how disappointing it is that the voices are dubbed, or that the actors didn't use their real voice, I want people to also appreciate voice actors. I am also tired of the comparisons between the real voice and the voice actor. Just think, if they were doing animated show, or if they were acting, would they get that unfair comparison? probably not! It's not even their fault if their voice isn't exactly the same as the original. Sometimes, for a lot of reasons, they cannot acutally get the original actor to dub their voice, but this should not be a reason to put voice actors down because they are different. I truly don't believe it's fair for any voice actor to be compared like that. They should be recognised for their unique abilities.

This is a thread about Huang Yi qing, my favourite voice actress in chinese shows. To me, her voice is like an angel, she really has such an amazing voice. I love whether she does the cute roles, or the mature ones, she pulls it off well.

I would like to ask that if you are one of those who really don't like her voice, please ignore this thread. It's not going to kill you to just not post here and complain. These voice actors get enough complaints already and very few times do they ever get the reconition they deserve. Please don't add to that negative cycle. I would be really grateful for that.

If you like her voice, please support her by joining this page:
    Facebook fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Huang-...62707353742814

She is a person of great talent. Some of her most memorable roles are:

Chinese TV Shows

Fang Li in Ao Jian Jiang Hu 2005

Little Lobster/ Xiao Long Xia (Situ Jing) in Mischievous Princess 2005

Xiaoqi in Fairy from Wonderland/ Tian Wai Fei Xian 2006

Yang Bamei and Luo Shi Nu in The Young Warriors 2006

Huang Rong in Legend of the Condor Heroes 2008

Xiyao and Xuejian from Chinese Paladin 3 2009

Chinese Animation

Gao Yue (Yue-er) in Qin's Moon / Qin shi ming yue

Anime Roles

Azumanga Daioh 阿兹漫画大王
    Character: Kasuga Ayumu

Burst Angel 爆裂天使
    Character: Amy (エイミー, Eimī) and Meg (メグ, Megu)

Dai-Guard 地球防卫企业
    Character: Chiaki Nakahara,

Earth Maiden Arjuna 地球少女
    Character: Juna Ariyoshi (有吉 樹奈, Ariyoshi Juna)

éX-D: Danger Zone 极速战警
    Character: Lorna Endou (遠藤 ローナ,) and Sōichi Sugano (菅野 走一)

Godannar 神魂合体
    Character: Anna Aoi/Anna Saruwatar and Shizuru Fujimura

Hand Maid May 袖珍女侍小梅
    Character: Cyberdoll May (サイバドール・メイ), Cyberdoll Sara (サイバドール・サラ), Cyberdoll Kei (サイバドール・ケイ), Miyuki Zin

Kiddy Grade 美女讨伐二人组
    Character: Éclair

Mahoraba Heartful days 心动的日子
    Character: Sayoko Kurosaki (黒崎沙夜子 Kurosaki Sayoko) and Kozue Aoba (蒼葉梢 Aoba Kozue) - Green

Petite Princess Yucie 白金公主候补生佑希
    Character: Kokoru (ココルー, Kokorū), Yucie (ユーシィ, Yūshi)

Rahxephon 翼神传说
    Haruka Shitow (紫東 遙 Shitō Haruka), Reika Mishima (美嶋 玲香 Mishima Reika, Ixtli/Ishitori)

Scrapped Princess 废弃公主
    Character: Pacifica Casull, additional female voices

Sol Bianca 太阳之船

A list of all the roles she has been in: http://baike.baidu.com/view/2309777.htm

Her Baidu forum: http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kw=%BB%C6%E2%F9%C7%E7

Unfortuately, due to health problems, Huang Yiqing had to quit voice acting in 2009. On one of her posts, she has stated that she had several health-related issues that nearly killed her, being sent to hospital four times and not having enough time at home with family. It has been very tough for her. Her last role has been Xiyao and Xuejian in Chinese Paladin 3

Article about why Huang Yiqing quit voice acting:

Everyone wants to know why I wanted to leave...

Actually, the real reason is still, because my health is not going very good. How do I say it? Ever since I was young, my health situation has not been good.

It has gotten worse over the recent years, since I began doing voice overs.

Perhaps, everyone cannot imagine that I was sent into hospital four times, needing an oxygen tank. Thinking about that time, it was extremely frightening. I thought that I was very close to "death", feeling a very huge amount of pain. In an instant, it was released then disappeared...

I felt, finally, there is no feeling anymore. I can't feel anything. I'm at ease. It feels so light, so soft, comfortable... My soul almost could float away... I will never feel the pain again, haha.

Many of my colleagues, director, teacher is very unclear about the situation, as I did not say anything, and I looked completely fine. However, for a very long time, I have been barely hanging on, using a very tired body to complete the heavy workload.

Those people who are healthy can just put up with the pressure, but for me, this type of working environment has made my health worse and worse. Such as, getting a lot of Ulcers, gum swelling, pain, swollen lymph nodes, endocrine disorders. . .

In the studio that lacks oxygen, along with passive smoking, that type of environment that does not have fresh air coming in, and the busy work load each day is over 12 hours a day, or for a few month, there is continous workload without a moment of rest. This has made my body resistance go more and more down, which results in me feeling tired all the time.

My heart beat is getting slower, not even reaching 60. My home is like a hotel, I go there and sleep, then open my eyes and leave. When I return home, everyone in my family has already gone to bed. Very often, my parents and family don't even see me for a few minutes, neither can we even say a few words.

I would have to go into the studio to record again. It's rare for us to sit down and have a good talk, eat a meal together, and go shopping with them, or simply taking a walk down the streets. At night, very few times I would return home before 10pm. It is forever only the moon and stars during the night that accompanies me home. It has never been the setting sun or blue sky.

So my family has finally decided to let me give up work, to choose a very easy going and healthy lifestyle. Even though I really can't bear it, but for my family, and for having time to look after my family or my future children...

I need to, and I have the responsibility to better and having more time to look after them. The only thing I can do is give up the tiring work, and the irregular lifestyle and diet.

To slowly recover my physical and mental health, to help thembe come normal again. To slowly adjust to the normal, healthy lifestyle... These are the most important reason.

So in the future, I will leave the bustling Shanghai, this very complex and chaotic place.

I go to quiet, small and remote city and enjoy the life there and become the "farmer" in the country. I will plant some fruits and vegetables each day, and play with flowers and grass, things like that.

"To be self-sufficient with food and clothing," Haha

My favourite colour is: green. That is why I really like being close to nature. I want to build a wooden cottage in the woods, I like the fairy-tale world.

I want to be the me that forever has dreams, the forever happy me.

Photos of herself:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs332.ash2/61276_162707823742767_162707353742814_576137_56067 45_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs306.ash2/58678_162707840409432_162707353742814_576139_62654 77_n.jpg')

Characters:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs956.snc4/74981_175956279084588_162707353742814_674436_27242 0_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs956.snc4/74981_175956285751254_162707353742814_674438_36174 59_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs692.snc4/63257_162714977075385_162707353742814_576163_43461 31_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs318.ash2/59823_162713430408873_162707353742814_576154_10254 21_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs631.snc4/59119_162713320408884_162707353742814_576153_13484 91_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs605.snc4/58540_162714597075423_162707353742814_576162_63295 58_n.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs633.snc4/59302_162709160409300_162707353742814_576140_48856 52_n.jpg')

Found this on a blog in Yiqing's Baidu Forum. This person has written absolutely 100% of what I wanted to say, how important she is, but hardly recognised.

Needless to say, you should know who Huang Yiqing is? (What? There are people who don't know?)

Yiqing has dubbed so many different series. Chinese Paladin 3 is Yiqing's last dubbed television series. After that, she will silently step out of the voice acting world. With a smile, she leaves the recording booth that has accompanied her for ten years. (On Baidu tieba forums, many wanted her to stay...)

Huang Yiqing can be considered as Mainland China's well deserved, top voice actress. Let's search and see who can find a photo of Yiqing now, I would spend lots of money to buy it, there's none.

During Yang Mi's performance, 4 points out of 10 cannot be separated with Huang Yiqing's efforts. Because of you, because of your voice that sounds like nature. Your voice that infiltrate deep in our hearts and soul. That has caused Huang Rong (Ariel Lin)'s internet users to be addicted and be fans of Ariel Lin. Because of you, fans have been addicted to Yang Mi. But, because of you, who would become addicted to Huang Yiqing?

You have left the dubbing industry, as you said, "I'm long tired of the 12 hour day without sunshine. I've smelled enough of the indoor smell of sweat and second hand smoke." I am like a slave with my anklets. When I leave the recording booth, it's always the stars and moon, or the rain and snow. Without any greetings and laughter that's filled with joy.

My heart has began to turn grey. I had already shed a tear ....

Yiqing meimei(Younger sister), along with the 22 million people in China that's unknown to the public like you, I express the greatest tribute to you.
    Last edited by butterflydream; 11-18-10 at 11:31 PM.

Who's the kid in the first picture?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

That is Huang Yi Qing when she was young. This is the ONLY high qualitiy photo I could find of hers. It's sad but I cannot even find ONE video of her...

Quote Originally Posted by butterflydream View Post
    That is Huang Yi Qing when she was young. This is the ONLY high qualitiy photo I could find of hers. It's sad but I cannot even find ONE video of her...
    She was quite a cute kid. I thought she was a child actress.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hehe, so true! I wish she was an actress, because that ways, I am sure more people would know about her... But no, she's a voice actress and dubs characters characters such as those ancient chinese series.

Does anyone happen to know the name of the voice actress who dubbed Xu Qing's Ren Yingying in Xiao Ao Jiang Hu 2001?

I tried googling, but to no vain.

I love her voice! I definitely think voice actors are way underrated and it's sad that they're pretty much unknown while the actors get all the recognition, because in some cases a good voice actor can really make a character shine even when it's played by a subpar actor. Also, I actually usually prefer dubbed-over voices in ancient series because a lot of actors have voice that sound too "modern" or otherwise don't fit their characters (see: Zhou Xun in LOCH and HXM in ROCH).

Anyways, this girl (plus the one who dubbed XLN/Dou Yifang/Zhao Min/ZZR) are probably my top 2 favourite female voice actors. It's very distinctive too--when I hear her voice I can pretty much immediately tell it's her. She was adorable as a kid too! It's really sad to hear about how terrible the working conditions are for them, but if that's the case I'm glad she's taking some time off.

Huang Yi Qing is one of my favourite female voice actresses (other one being Yang Meng Lu-she subbed Mu Nian Ci in LOCH2008). I love both her mature and child like voices. After watching LOCH (she subbed Ariel as HR) I could almost tell every voice she dubbed (Luo Shi Nu, Yang Ba Mei etc.)

I agree, voice actors/actresses are hard-earn jobs, and usually always underrated. At least their names are put next to the character they dub. She should really take a break if working conditions are so bad for her health. (I do think it's true that their working conditions are this bad-when HG was dubbing his own voice in ancient series, he said on weibo he couldn't see the sun for more than 1 week).
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 08-09-11 at 08:56 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).