Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you like to see in a new 笑傲江湖 / Smiling Proud Wanderer TV series?

Here's another different opening but with the same cast - http://v.ku6.com/show/6MRlkWE4eeB8CNwc.html

I really don't want to see LSS bald as Yilin, but who knows maybe she'd look okay... like Sun Feifei as Jiunan. I also cannot imagine YH playing a castrated LPZ talking in a squeaky voice! xD And as for Ady, based on her Lin Yueru, Miao Ruolan and Zhao Min, I think she'll be good for a tsundere RYY, different from Xu Qing's version, but one that creates more interesting scenes!

Found yet another one, this is a trailer with voices - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUwMDQ5NzQw.html
    Same cast again except with LSS as DFBB, her red Longkui actually looked convincing as DFBB! At this rate there will be a lot of disappointed chinese fans if the next XAJH does not feature HG/Ady/YM/YH as the main 4. ^^;
    Last edited by Laboomsikashod; 01-06-11 at 08:20 AM.

I will put Yang Mi as Ren Ying Ying! I love the pairing Hu Ge X Yang Mi, they have a lot of chemistry <3
    Liu Shi Shi as Yilin, it's a good choice I think
    Yuan Hong as Lin Ping Zhi is alright but I would like to pair Liu Shi Shi and Yuan Hong again...but...I think Liu Shi Shi fit Yilin more than Yue Ling San, and I don't like Lin Ping Zhi and Yue Ling San's love story...so yah...
    As for Yue Ling San, since I am not a Ady fan, I'm gonna go with Tang Yan!

Quote Originally Posted by Laboomsikashod View Post
    Lan Fenghuang - Eva Huang
    I didn't think much of Eva Huang initially, in fact I felt she was the least deserving of the 四小花旦 title. However after seeing her as Wen Qingqing in Sword Stained with Royal Blood, I thought she'll be pretty good in wuxia series. She probably won't want to act in a minor role like Lan Fenghuang, but I'm also hoping that the new adaptation will feature more of Lan Fenghuang's story, and it's a wishlist anyway hehe!
    Lan Fenghuang is the most unusual female character in the story. I feel Shu Chang would make a better Lan Fenghuang compared to Eva, though Eva is prettier. Eva is very skinny nowadays. I like her portrayal as Xie Yaohuan in The Shadow of Empress Wu with Liu Xiaoqing, but sometimes I find her performance a bit one-dimensional.

I find Eva a very charming and charismatic actress on screen. There's something fiesty and mysterious about her that keeps you watching and wondering.

Is she in the latest Four Junior Leading Ladies? I remember the 2001 list is Zhang Ziyi, Zhou Xun, Zhao Wei and Xu Jinglei. Is there a new list with her or Liu Yifei in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    Lan Fenghuang is the most unusual female character in the story. I feel Shu Chang would make a better Lan Fenghuang compared to Eva, though Eva is prettier. Eva is very skinny nowadays. I like her portrayal as Xie Yaohuan in The Shadow of Empress Wu with Liu Xiaoqing, but sometimes I find her performance a bit one-dimensional.

I find Eva a very charming and charismatic actress on screen. There's something fiesty and mysterious about her that keeps you watching and wondering.

Is she in the latest Four Junior Leading Ladies? I remember the 2001 list is Zhang Ziyi, Zhou Xun, Zhao Wei and Xu Jinglei. Is there a new list with her or Liu Yifei in it?
    eh. shu chang seems too cutesy and young looking to me. i like eva better

but yeah. the new list was released in 2008 or something like that, i think. it has liu yi fei, eva, yang mi, and wang luo dan. i liked all of them except wang luo dan

I've never heard of Wang Luo Dan before. But different entertainment sites publish new lists every few months. Where does the "official" list come from?
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    I've never heard of Wang Luo Dan before. But different entertainment sites publish new lists every few months. Where does the "official" list come from?
    well there's info on the baidu baike about how they were chosen, heres the link:
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/187859.htm

and wang luo dan is pretty well-known in china; i don't particularly like her though

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    well there's info on the baidu baike about how they were chosen, heres the link:
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/187859.htm

and wang luo dan is pretty well-known in china; i don't particularly like her though
    I don't think people outside China usually watch Wang Luo Dan's series. i'm surprised she's on the list and Shu Chang isn't. She must be quite talented then because from her pics, she's not pretty.

I hope Eva can gain some weight. A lot of Chinese actresses are beginning to look anorexic.

If they remake this, RYY will be difficult to cast since Xu Qing is quite beautiful and acted pretty well in her role. Lan Fenghuang was also outstanding in her role even though her screentime was so short. Her costume is awesome.

Thanks for the link.
    I've never noticed this before, but Eva Huang looks a bit like Christy Chung.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

^ no problem!
    and who's christy chung?

ady, ym, or tang yan (tang yan in particular as i would like to see her in another wuxia role) as ryy
    tong li ya as yls or yilin
    lu chen as yls would be good too...she's so beautiful...
    the rest i need to think about.
    Last edited by patricia n; 01-20-11 at 03:55 AM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    ^ no problem!
    and who's christy chung?
    She's a HK-based actress. She should be around 40 now. I don't follow HK stuff closely (I don't understand a word, unless it's dubbed or has subtitles of course) so I've only watched her as Madam Ma in TLBB03.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

its sad tho that we aren't seeing hu ge in any more costume dramas. since he's busy doing modern day n movies n commercials etc.

i actually won't mind huang xiao ming as ling hu chong. he does have the wits to play. have that warrior facial future which fitted yang guo.

rewatching condor heroes 2006, adding in own ost from cp 1 n 3 n it makes the series more enjoyable.

im actually liking it compared to when i first watch it in 06 n 08.

i'll try upload one of fights scenes i added background music on if you guys want me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laboomsikashod View Post
    Found yet another one, this is a trailer with voices - http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTUwMDQ5NzQw.html
    Same cast again except with LSS as DFBB, her red Longkui actually looked convincing as DFBB! At this rate there will be a lot of disappointed chinese fans if the next XAJH does not feature HG/Ady/YM/YH as the main 4. ^^;
    In that case, we should gather up a few million dollars and invest in the series ourselves. So who's ready to buy some lottery tickets?

But really, in all honestly, I'd like to see Ady collaborate with Hu Ge at least one more time instead of with Feng Shaofeng for the millionth time...
    Last edited by Ren Ying Ying; 02-22-11 at 10:33 PM.

So now there are rumour saying that Yu Zheng will do a Xiao Ao Jiang Hu.....so Hu Ge might not be Ling Hu Chong =(

Quote Originally Posted by Tam_Nguyen View Post
    So now there are rumour saying that Yu Zheng will do a Xiao Ao Jiang Hu.....so Hu Ge might not be Ling Hu Chong =(
    I've been hearing there might be an new XAJH soon. But if it's YU ZHENG that's adapting it you might as well KILL me right now.

The man better not touch my favourite Jin Yong novel. Seriously.

blargh! >=(
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>

It's a collaboration between a company that coproduced Zhang Jizhong's Jin Yong dramas (LoCH,RoCH,etc.) (source: cfensi) and Yu Zheng's company (source: Yu Zheng's weibo).

Yu Zheng will probably NOT be writing the script. If he is, I think I would just pretend that this, along with the 2008 LoCH, are some sort of "Jin Yong Wai Zhuan" series. I, for one, thought Jin Yong Wai Zhuan Part I: LoCH retold through the story of Yang Kang, was pretty well written. Maybe Yu Zheng can "copy" Tangren and make Jin Yong Wai Zhuang Part II: Xiao Ao Jiang Hu retold through the story of Lin Pingzhi. And then they can complete the twisting of my favorite Jin Yong novels with Jin Yong Wai Zhuag Part III: Tian Long Ba Bu retold through the story of Murong Fu.

Shooting myself aside, I'm interested to see what this new drama will bring.

I would really like to see Yang Mi as the lead in this. She's smart and forceful. She's not afraid to offend people, and she makes all of her male coworkers bow down in her presence (okay, a bit of an exaggeration, but it's pretty close).

Lookwise alone, Liu Yifei and Liu Shishi are definitely more than pretty enough for Ren Yingying, but I don't think either has the sharpness and cruelty of Ren Yingying. Both have improved in performances over the years, but neither has yet to portray a character that has the vivacity a character like Ren Yingying has.

I think Deng Chao's smile would be perfect for Linghu Cong. Yuan Hong wouldn't be bad, neither, given his good performance in previous dramas. And now that he's not in Tangren anymore, he might have a shot at the drama.

Female-wise, the other character I think is more likable would be Yilin. I think either Shu Chang or He Zhuoyan would be cute Yilin's.

Lan Fenghuang should be extremely saccharine, but with a hint of cruelty. Tong Liya? Zhang Meng? Dong Jie! ... trying to go down my list of Yu Zheng girls.

Yu Zheng's new favorite Yuan Shasha can play XiaoShiMei since I don't care for neither. And then Mickey He and Mingdao can play 2nd and 6th shidi's...
    Last edited by brightlight; 07-13-11 at 11:48 PM.
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I don't think people outside China usually watch Wang Luo Dan's series. i'm surprised she's on the list and Shu Chang isn't. She must be quite talented then because from her pics, she's not pretty.
    Wang Luodan got famous through the popular series by Zhao Baogang, a really talented director that does realistic yet idol-ish dramas. Both of his dramas starring her, Fendou and My Youth, were definitely the drama of the year in mainland when they were released. Wang Luodan's not conventionally pretty, but she definitely has had some really great roles and did well in them.
    Last edited by brightlight; 07-13-11 at 11:36 PM.

Seriously? This YZ version of XAJH actually has some truth behind it??! *facepalm* This is actually terrifying. Look at the way he seems to take joy in butchering history, do we really expect him to stay faithful to wuxia stories...

Ok well. Trying to stay optimistic here, since this is a co-production maybe he is only going to be in charge of the costumes, sets, and music...those are usually pretty impressive in his series. Leave the script and fight choreography to more experienced people.

I am with those of you who would love to see HG/YM collaborate again as LHC/RYY...not so likely though, sigh. And I too would LOVE to see Shu Chang have a major role (I miss her, feels like I haven't seen her for years). Also Ady and Yuan Hong. Wouldn't mind Tang Yan either (although for some reason I associate her more with modern dramas now, guess because that's what she's been focusing on lately). (But could YZ please for once leave Mickey out of this? I don't even dislike him much but there is serious overload of him in YZ dramas and I don't think he has the look for a main character in a wuxia series...)

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    Seriously? This YZ version of XAJH actually has some truth behind it??! *facepalm* This is actually terrifying. Look at the way he seems to take joy in butchering history, do we really expect him to stay faithful to wuxia stories...
    Hey, if Tangren turned magically faithful with BBJX, maybe YZ's company can do the same for Jin Yong? *hopes*

And I too would LOVE to see Shu Chang have a major role (I miss her, feels like I haven't seen her for years).
    Shu Chang is starring as Liu Sanjie in a new series. It looks good from the stills. ^.^

(But could YZ please for once leave Mickey out of this? I don't even dislike him much but there is serious overload of him in YZ dramas and I don't think he has the look for a main character in a wuxia series...)
    Too late. Both him and Yuan Shasha are in this. If YZ were really nice, he might make them really small characters...

The good news is, Zhang Jiani, who I really like, will probably be in this, too. I'm up for her as any of the leads... Ren Yingying, XiaoShiMei,Yilin or Lan Fenghuang (although preferably not XiaoShiMei or Yilin).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2utq8ep.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/wr1jbq.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/11raohd.jpg')

Just watch Micky He get casted as Ling Ping Zhi. I don't know why. I can just see it happening.

I actually don't mind Micky He as a person and actor but him in XAJH is a bit hard for me to imagine. >.>

Oh well.... Not going to expect much since Yu Zheng will have some hand in this, small influence or not. Yah my faith in him is just that low. Been suckered in too many times to fall for it again. Will judge when the thing actually comes out.
    << ~ Bu Bu Jing Xin Fan-Translation // Magnolia Translation Team: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com ~ >>