Thread: Wuxia Base games

Default Wuxia Base games

Hi,
    started playing dreams of mirrors online aka domo, which is base off chinese paladin. its pretty cool to see wuxia base games out here.

i really do hope we get to see big budget wuxia type games that will come overseas to the us. typically made by japan or us with their technology, they will do wuxia novels justice.

it'll be cool to see a wuxia base fighting game like guilty gear, or soul calibur or marvel vs capcom style.

heck i would even like to see a wuxia base fighting games made by cyber connect, creator of dot hack series video games n naruto storm series-which had good fighting style for each characters.

but with alot of wuxia games, theres alot of war, so it'll actually be cool to see a wuxia base game like 99 nights 2 or dynasty warriors series.

basically combining alot of jin yong novels first, then sequel add gu long novels, then other famous novels/tv series.

it'll be pretty cool to see a wuxia base game like dynasty warriors, each sect waging war fighting each other, seeing alot of chi attacks onscreen, or slaughtering hundreds of different sect on screen, something like dynasty warriors or 99 nights 2. or even samurai heroes for ps3 n wii had good gameplay, but lacked characters. only if capcom made dynasty warriors, they will implement some cooler moves etc.

but seriously, i would like to see a wuxia base fighting game or hack n slash game like dynasty warriors with alot of wuxia characters. one game made by koei, mystic heroes was base off gods of honour which was pretty fun even tho it had 4 characters.

A Dynasty Warriors type game based on wuxia characters would be a dream come true!

This genre where one person goes around slaughtering hundreds of peons fits wuxia perfectly. And they won't have to scrath their brains to create female fighter characters that were never involved in any fighting or never existed.

But wuxia isn't big in Japan, so we'd have to wait and hope...

I find dynasty warriors really bland and boring.
    A game engine like Silver, or Kingdom Hearts on the other hand would be cool.

I've played many wuxia games before, but most of them were CRPGs. I've never played Chinese Paladin before, but most of the CRPGs I've played were in a Final Fantasy (which I've never played either, but have seen) kind of style, with linear gameplay and developed plots. I think FF probably borrowed the concept from Chinese CRPGs and polished it to an incredible level which only the West can do. It's like the Heroes of Might and Magic series - about 5-10 years before the first HoMM game came out, there was this Chinese game "The other side of Predella" which played in exactly the same way - although it had more of an RPG feel the combat system was identical. Under the HoMM banner the system really shone, though, and was polished beautifully.

The last wuxia game I played was Jin Yong online, and by the time I stopped the engine was horribly outdated. Perhaps someday some Western company will take up the franchise and release a really polished version of the game. We can only hope.

yeah, i always thought wuxia tv series were doing good around japan n korea as well. hopefully japan or america will make a cool wuxia base game. its not hard, jut needs someone to do it.

there was this game called bujingai for ps2, made in japan, came out n usa as well. the main characters has 2 swords, n the fights are like chinese type fighting, the way the main character attacks. like ps3 heavenly blade.

it was actually pretty good.

dynasty warriors does get boring because of the graphics. but its still fun since its revolves around chinese history. so making a wuxia game will be easy for koei, especially with fist of north star kens rage that came out. story mode plays like dynasty warriors but you have power attacks etc.

Dynasty warriors is boring because it's just button mashing. You just beat your way around hordes and hordes or meat shields. There's no strategy to it.

Whereas something that can capture the spirit of Wuxia should be based on skillful game control. Something like Rakion even, where it's a live action game and you can beat your friends with skill.

Anyone played Street Fighter Online: Mouse generation? Apparently it has 5 Jin Yong characters in it - Linghu Chong, Zhou Botong, He Tieshou, Mei Chaofeng and Hu Fei.