Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Qing Shi Huang Fei 《倾世皇妃》 - Ruby Lin, Yan Kuan, Wallace Huo

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yes, Most Qing Shi book fans say he looks the best among the 3 leads.
    Oh I can see why. Yuan Kuan looks so tired and starved. But in my honest opinion, and its just an opinion, please don't kill me for it. Wallace looks too young and handsome to be paired with Ruby. I would love to see someone younger more fresh faced play her part.

cute pic

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/48f122e6jw6de86ap6hnnj.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Quote Originally Posted by myedi View Post
    cute pic

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/48f122e6jw6de86ap6hnnj.jpg')
    Wow, the strawberry hand-warmers are CUTE!!! They must be really close friends in real life. But unlike most people on this thread, I'm not wild about their pairing because I thought Sound of Colors was bad (who cares whether it had high ratings).
    Last edited by munianci; 02-11-11 at 04:46 AM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

they make me want strawberry warmer

One more clip
    http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=997793114

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/48f122e6jw6de8k419h86j.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Hey, Yan Kuan doesn't look that aged this picture! Both of them look good together .

That pic of Wallace with that strawberry warmer making a funny facial expression with Ruby - gosh, he looks like a teenager!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 02-11-11 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drgirleam View Post
    But in my honest opinion, and its just an opinion, please don't kill me for it. Wallace looks too young and handsome to be paired with Ruby. I would love to see someone younger more fresh faced play her part.
    Oh, wow, since no one has killed Drgirleam yet, I would like to also speak up and say that I, too, prefer someone younger to play the female lead in this series. I've never really liked nor disliked Ruby, but I'm very old fashioned at heart and really prefer to see younger actresses pair up with older actors. While cougars are very popular in this day and age, I still think older women look like they are babysitting the younger men they are dating. Therefore, although I agree with the popular consensus here that Wallace Huo looks better compared to Yan Kuan, I think Yan Kuan is more compatible with Ruby simply because he looks older than Ruby.

I believe that no one has "killed" Drgirleam yet because almost everyone agree with what she said
    Unfortunately, or fortunately ? I am not sure which but this is after all RUBY's production so it would be hard for her not to make herself the lead girl. Although I don't agree that she looks THAT old, compared to a lot of actresses she have a 'baby' face so that keeps her youthful looking. I DO think the hair do and whatever make her look A LOT more older, I think the queen/concubine/rich lady (or whatever it is) hairstyle shown so far are so unflattering, she looks so much better in the commoner outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Oh, wow, since no one has killed Drgirleam yet, I would like to also speak up and say that I, too, prefer someone younger to play the female lead in this series. I've never really liked nor disliked Ruby, but I'm very old fashioned at heart and really prefer to see younger actresses pair up with older actors. While cougars are very popular in this day and age, I still think older women look like they are babysitting the younger men they are dating. Therefore, although I agree with the popular consensus here that Wallace Huo looks better compared to Yan Kuan, I think Yan Kuan is more compatible with Ruby simply because he looks older than Ruby.

No offense to fans, but I think she looks kind of old in both the princess and commoner looks.
    Lol, I think Yan Kuan looks caucasian in the last picture.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    No offense to fans, but I think she looks kind of old in both the princess and commoner looks.
    Lol, I think Yan Kuan looks caucasian in the last picture.
    That is true, I just think she looks so much worse in the princess/queen look... I wonder if she designed or at least helped design any of these outfits... hmm
    And yeah, Yan Kuan looks weird in that last picture, but at least better than in the other pictures. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure all of them will look better on screen than on the pictures. That's the case for most of the dramas anyway.
    && If Ruby could look good with Sammual Chan, who is super baby faced, I think she'll look fine with all the other actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    LOL! Hello Melanie! I'm glad someone finally agrees with me! Even though I think Ruby is aging gracefully. I just think she looks very mature in this series to be a princess, let alone marry three guys in the series. HeHeHe

Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    I believe that no one has "killed" Drgirleam yet because almost everyone agree with what she said
    Unfortunately, or fortunately ? I am not sure which but this is after all RUBY's production so it would be hard for her not to make herself the lead girl. Although I don't agree that she looks THAT old, compared to a lot of actresses she have a 'baby' face so that keeps her youthful looking. I DO think the hair do and whatever make her look A LOT more older, I think the queen/concubine/rich lady (or whatever it is) hairstyle shown so far are so unflattering, she looks so much better in the commoner outfit.
    LMAO! Why is every emphasizing on the word "kill"? Well, I'm just gald you guys agreeing with me. Makes me feel better that I don't have to watch me back! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by abc123lol View Post
    && If Ruby could look good with Sammual Chan, who is super baby faced, I think she'll look fine with all the other actors.
    I won't say Sammul Chan is super baby-faced. Agree he can look young the way Ruby looks young, but he doesn't look "boyish", just as Ruby doesn't look "girlish" like say, Zhang Ziyi. Wallace Huo looks very boyish.
    Last edited by munianci; 02-11-11 at 11:43 PM.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/381b3c38ebc371a0b311c77f.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/a22718a8ae1100e3ca130c0d.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Quote Originally Posted by myedi View Post
    I uploaded on YouTube:

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    I'd watch this just to watch out for Alec Su cameo then. Miss him like crazy
    aww haha me too! havent seen him in anything recently, except HZGG that i keep rewatching

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Yes, she's Taiwanese. I won't say she's very pretty, but enough for me to remember that she was in My Lucky Star with Jimmy Lin. She was also a former model and car showgirl (maybe got to know Jimmy through a racing event? - not sure).
    i actually dont find her pretty at all - especially with the hair and costume of this time period. totally unflattering for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Ooh, Liu Tao would be, like, a second person in the series who I actually find attractive (I haven't seen enough of Mao Zi Jun to deem him as such). She has a vibrant, glowing face, so even if you cake her with makeup, I can't imagine her looking old or stoned. And her acting is pretty awesome (I loved her as Ah Zhu in TLBB03). I hope it's true, then.
    lol! true. i really like liu tao as well! i'll be really disappointed if the rumors are false, though

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    I won't say Sammul Chan is super baby-faced. Agree he can look young the way Ruby looks young, but he doesn't look "boyish", just as Ruby doesn't look "girlish" like say, Zhang Ziyi. Wallace Huo looks very boyish.
    i don't think Zhang ZiYi looks "girlish." just sayin'

and is YK actually younger than ruby in real life? really?

Yan Kuan, Wallace and Ruby, all look around the same age to me, which is probably true in real life too. They are only ~3 years apart. I think that because some actors/actresses have been in the industry so long, people have a biased idea in their mind that he/she is older. Regardless, Yan Kuan does appear to look older in the pics posted, Ruby's hair isn't so great and Wallace wardrobe is interesting, however in other productions they look different.

i said it from the beginning that ruby is a bit too old and not beautiful enough to play this role and immediately got insulted by a die hard fan. i'm not sure if inviting liu tao would be a good move on ruby's part since i find liu tao to be significantly prettier and a better actress. i think it's not the hairstyle that makes ruby look aged. you can tell that even in the commoner outfit she looks older than the men. i think she's cute, but not stunning enough for this role (don't get me wrong, i liked her in hzgg more than vicky and also in duke of mount deer). i think she's adorable but not a talented or beautiful actress.

i think the princess/queen hairstyle can look good on another actress just not on ruby.

anyhow, i think her friendship with wallace is endearing, but i agree that this series is lacking in the beautiful women department. i guess the men make up for it.
    Last edited by patricia n; 02-12-11 at 10:35 PM.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n View Post
    anyhow, i think her friendship with wallace is endearing, but i agree that this series is lacking in the beautiful women department. i guess the men make up for it.
    i dont even think the men make up for it, especially if wallace dies halfway through
    oh well. it was wayy overhyped anyway.