Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Qing Shi Huang Fei 《倾世皇妃》 - Ruby Lin, Yan Kuan, Wallace Huo

Quote Originally Posted by Takako View Post
    P.S. The novel describes ALL the male characters to be exceptionally handsome
    THAT'S GOOD NEWS FOR ME HAHAHAHA

okay

Any character descriptions in English? That Mao Xi Jun is quite good looking, however, he is also a bit young looking to play a king is he not? But Ruby has been able to look surprising young on screen too...
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Any character descriptions in English? That Mao Xi Jun is quite good looking, however, he is also a bit young looking to play a king is he not? But Ruby has been able to look surprising young on screen too...
    I have written a full character summary and story outline here. (Be Warned of major spoilers)
    http://ruby-lin.com/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=39051
    美人心計 on FACEBOOK
    He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
    Above all, do not compete.

I am guessing that mao zijun plays, a character in the 2nd tier - ZhanMengTian (Youngest man to ever win first place in the Royal Examination, and rises to become prime minister & war general). If he does get a role in the first tier, my guess is he play LianXi (One of the kings) - and that would definately mean a big break for him. I'm not sure he is up to it though.
    Well, it's confirmed that Yuan Hong has given up his role in Qing Shi - *silly, silly, silly boy!*. And all the news has announced that Ruby's prepared to take a big "gamble" with Mao Zijun, PLUS he's the first male cast officially announced. So looks to me that Mao Zijun is likely to be in the first tier.

Can't wait for the official announcement on the hot male cast . I'm very superficial - hot guys are enough to suck me into a series without caring about the storyline.

I read on the tieba threads that Qing Shi is said to be the "bloodiest" war epic ever.
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Quote Originally Posted by munianci View Post
    I read on the tieba threads that Qing Shi is said to be the "bloodiest" war epic ever.
    Well, I hope at least it will be the "bloodiest" nose bleed ever!

I have written a full character summary and story outline here. (Be Warned of major spoilers)
    http://ruby-lin.com/forums/index.php...ndpost&p=39051
    Thank you!
    I like me.

it just occurred to me that she should get peter ho as the male lead (or at least one of the first-tier guys) since they're such good friends in real life and whatnot. besides, he's hot

Peter's filming Tsui Hark's Monkey King, so he won't be in Qing Shi.

This is killing me...it's already the 15th, they've supposed to have started filming and still no press conference or official male cast list? I'm hearing that some of the first-tier males are still being confirmed or swapped around. And the whole point of this series are the guys! The HOT GUYS!!!

The news is still all about the female cast. Wang Lin reunites with Ruby in Qing Shi, 10 years after they cooperated in HZGG:
    http://et.21cn.com/tv/zuixin/neidi/2.../8059249.shtml
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/5775/wanglin.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-15-11 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    I can't recall his performance in MRXJ since he only had a small role in it; he looks like Huang Xiao Ming in that B&W shot above.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Guess that's the reason why he's chosen to play Liu Che in the first place. HXM played Liu Che pretty well in the DHTZ trilogy.

MZJ might just be the next big thing since he has the looks, and from the pics above, he possess the solid actor aura, even more so than HXM.

I saw at tianya.

Someone who visit Hengdian saw Wallace Huo at filming place.
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Yup .. Seeing as it is already a known secret.
    YanKuan plays QiYou and Wallace plays LianCheng
    Both Kings Both Ruby's husband. One evil, one good

Sum up the story .. The Good, The Bad and the Handsomes...
    Don't underestimate the second tier characters either. The story basically doesn't have a 2nd female lead. All the men get their share of the limelight, and none are shallow characters either.

Ruby wants to get filming started in secrecy so as to have a showcase for the press conference next week

YanKuan as QiYou
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-03-24/U487P28T3D342035F326DT20040324140701.jpg')

Wallace Huo as LianCheng
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img2.s-mysoju.com/images/upload/casts/Wallace_Huo.jpg')

WangYu POSSIBLY as HanMing (?)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/2010/0223/201022311545.jpg')
    Last edited by Takako; 01-16-11 at 06:36 AM.
    美人心計 on FACEBOOK
    He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
    Above all, do not compete.

How many male lead in this series? 4?

Seems to be so many characters in here.

Yup .. Seeing as it is already a known secret.
    YanKuan plays QiYou and Wallace plays LianCheng
    Both Kings Both Ruby's husband. One evil, one good

Sum up the story .. The Good, The Bad and the Handsomes...
    Don't underestimate the second tier characters either. The story basically doesn't have a 2nd female lead. All the men get their share of the limelight, and none are shallow characters either.

Ruby wants to get filming started in secrecy so as to have a showcase for the press conference next week
    Oooh, Yan Kuan and Wallace together. This is getting me excited...Yan Kuan and Wallace fighting over Ruby!! And Yan Kuan as the HOTTER THAN HOT villainous lover!!! Then there's Mao Zi Jun and Wang Yu...I'm sure the next two in the first-tier.

Ruby & Yan Kuan - they look HOT together.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5845/qingshi3.jpg')

Just like Ruby to surround herself with all the hot guys.

Quote Originally Posted by draculakiss View Post
    How many male lead in this series? 4?

Seems to be so many characters in here.
    It's going to be the hot guy fest of the year. Yes, four male leads. The next four second male leads will also be quite key.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-15-11 at 01:00 PM.

I must agree with xiaolong on the juiciness of the pairing of Yan Kuan and Ruby. Remember what happened in Schemes? That was a disappointment.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Oooh, Yan Kuan and Wallace together. This is getting me excited...Yan Kuan and Wallace fighting over Ruby!! And Yan Kuan as the HOTTER THAN HOT villainous lover!!! Then there's Mao Zi Jun and Wang Yu...I'm sure the next two in the first-tier.

Ruby & Yan Kuan - they look HOT together.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5845/qingshi3.jpg')

Just like Ruby to surround herself with all the hot guys.

It's going to be the hot guy fest of the year. Yes, four male leads. The next four second male leads will also be quite key.
    WOW. this is like the next young warriors for me! haha SOOO excited now

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    WOW. this is like the next young warriors for me! haha SOOO excited now
    Yes ChineseChik, but the one KEY hot guy that's missing is PETER HO!!
    My avatar is a tribute to the world's hottest stallions - Peter Ho, Kevin Cheng, Nic Tse.

Even though Yan Kuan is really hunky, I haven't seen him in a memorable role. Sure, he has acted as villainous characters (e.g. Tianyu in Yu Zheng's The Last Princess), but I haven't seen his villains exude the kind of intense charm, suave and drawing power that QiYou should have (like Yelu Xie of Young Warriors). Plus Yan Kuan has never been male lead. Looks like this production is taking a HUGE RISK with a lot of unproven actors.

Wallace Huo, on the other hand, has lots of experience acting as the devoted ideal boyfriend/husband. From what I read, he was exactly that kind of sweet character in Sound of Colours where he was paired with Ruby.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8634/rubywallace.jpg')
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-16-11 at 09:01 PM.

from baidu

Is this wallace huo's look in this series?
    People said they saw him with this costums.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee259/shindamicute/75d125cbe9624516f31fe77a.jpg')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

Quote Originally Posted by myedi View Post
    Is this wallace huo's look in this series?
    People said they saw him with this costums.
    I saw the same pic on Qing Shi's tieba thread. Looks very tribal.

that doesn't look like a good guy costume! that looks like the evil boyfriend costume lol

Ruby wants to get filming started in secrecy so as to have a showcase for the press conference next week.
    Based on the novel there are 8 juicy male characters, and I would divide them into two tiers.
    The first four - QiYou, LianCheng, LianXi, HanMing .. these are the MAJOR male roles in the story.
    The next four - ZhanMengTian, QiXing, QiYun, QiHao ... these are also important characters in the story.
    Takako, do you know when the press conference is? I am on the edge of my seat now...

Here's something I picked up from one of the weibos:
    @沙发上的猪兔子:@电视剧倾世皇妃 @林心如 @严宽 霍建华 @洪小铃微博 @茅子俊2009 @杜俊泽 已经进组开拍,@王雨 马上就位 @张博jaco 即将飞往横店,@围一周 预计下月入组 @袁弘 (人在横店,档期就...)如此 的阵容,果断支持林皇妃!等待发布会和定妆照 原文转发(87)|原文评论(79)

Other male actors who have joined the production: Du Junze (Lu Lu in MRXJ - hubby of Ruby's evil "sister"), Jaco Zhang Bo (Sun Quan in Three Kingdoms), Wei Yi Zhou. Huh? They are still trying to get in Yuan Hong? - don't think he can come in.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-17-11 at 09:52 AM.