Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Qing Shi Huang Fei 《倾世皇妃》 - Ruby Lin, Yan Kuan, Wallace Huo

Ohhh! This sounds like an awesome series! Who cares about the storyline when we have all these hot, hot, burning hot men??? I'm superficial, just like munianci, and proud of it! The new guy looks hot, and I've always thought Yan Kuan looks great as the villain. Too bad Wallace Chung is not in the cast; that would have really made my day. I have always thought Wallace Chung excels in villain roles. But I'm perfectly happy to be staring at other hot guys, also.

cant wait to watch this series already.. ^v^

sssssoooooooooo many handsome guys.. ^^
    Last edited by my name is zws; 01-17-11 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Takako, do you know when the press conference is? I am on the edge of my seat now...

Here's something I picked up from one of the weibos:
    @沙发上的猪兔子:@电视剧倾世皇妃 @林心如 @严宽 霍建华 @洪小铃微博 @茅子俊2009 @杜俊泽 已经进组开拍,@王雨 马上就位 @张博jaco 即将飞往横店,@围一周 预计下月入组 @袁弘 (人在横店,档期就...)如此 的阵容,果断支持林皇妃!等待发布会和定妆照 原文转发(87)|原文评论(79)

Other male actors who have joined the production: Du Junze (Lu Lu in MRXJ - hubby of Ruby's evil "sister"), Jaco Zhang Bo (Sun Quan in Three Kingdoms), Wei Yi Zhou. Huh? They are still trying to get in Yuan Hong? - don't think he can come in.
    Oh, no wonder Yan Kuan abruptly pulled out of Mei Ren Tian Xia at the eleventh hour in mid-Nov. He'd make a handsome villain, tho I still think Yuan Hong has a better track record than him in playing memorable villains. Looks like Wallace Huo's reprising his good hero guy role again.

Agree that HXM-lookalike Mao Zijun looks very yummy - his Liu Che caught my eye in Mei Ren Xin Ji even though he appeared for such a short time. I thought he was better anytime than the guy who played Ruby's son. Wang Yu is pretty yummy too - liked him in Ancestral Temple. Du Junze is good-looking in a more ordinary way. The others mentioned above are OK OK, not spectacular, but still can be considered handsome.

In any case, it's wonderful to have TWO handsome guy-fest series out in 2011 - Bu Bu Jing Xin & Qing Shi Huang Fei!

Aside: Sorry to sound a bit mean, but do you notice that ALL the guys are younger than Ruby? IMO it's her "revenge" at Wu Jin Yuan, Mei Ren Xin Ji director, for insisting she looks too old for Yuan Hong (why do you think she's been trying so hard to get him in huh? )
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-21-11 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    Ohhh! This sounds like an awesome series! Who cares about the storyline when we have all these hot, hot, burning hot men??? I'm superficial, just like munianci, and proud of it! The new guy looks hot, and I've always thought Yan Kuan looks great as the villain. Too bad Wallace Chung is not in the cast; that would have really made my day. I have always thought Wallace Chung excels in villain roles. But I'm perfectly happy to be staring at other hot guys, also.
    oh, mel. where have you been? haha i missed you drooling over hot guys with me

but yeah, you basically read my mind

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/30ue8nl.jpg')
    Found another picture of Wallace.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/62235cd9jw6ddfja78cohj.jpg')

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is going to be Young Warriors II!!! Yeah, who cares about the storyline when every male character is described as devastatingly HANDSOME?!!

Who cares if Nicky Wu is more famous? All the guys here are 100X hotter than him. Yuan Hong is sooooo stoopid to give this up for Bu Bu (plus this production has a hotter lady boss. C'mon, Yuan Hong!!).

I'm gonna die of happiness when this finally comes out. I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Aside: Sorry to sound a bit mean, but do you notice that ALL the guys are younger than Ruby? IMO it's her "revenge" at Wu Jin Yuan, Mei Ren Xin Ji director, for insisting she looks too old for Yuan Hong (why do you think she's been trying so hard to get him in huh? )
    That's too bad. Only in her (and our) dreams then...see this cool MV I found on Tudou (and posted on YouTube) made in Sep 2010 by a fan anticipating their Qing Shi pairing which didn't materialise :

I love how the MV made it look like she injured him and felt heartbroken (and HE looked heartbroken too!), like how FuYa is forced to war against her evil lover QiYou.

Anticipate lots of hot kissing scenes here! Ruby with all her hot (and ahem! young) men!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-18-11 at 12:18 AM.

2 more confirmed actors

Zhang Bo- who plays Sun Quan in 2010 version 3 kingdoms
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i2.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2010-06-11/U4175P28T3D2985370F326DT20100611160407.jpg')

Wang Yu
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i0.sinaimg.cn/ent/v/m/2010-12-30/U2389P28T3D3193720F326DT20101230155224.JPG')
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

To whet everyone's appetite - here's the poetic summary of the story I got from Ruby's website:

愛 - 一生只一次
    "True Love Only Comes Around Once in a Lifetime"
    A Maiden whose beauty topples Kingdoms
    A Love that transcends Life and Death
    An Epic saga of love and animosity
    A Story that is etched into every heart
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-18-11 at 01:12 AM.

To whet everyone's appetite - here's the poetic summary of the story I got from Ruby's website:

愛 - 一生只一次
    "True Love Only Comes Around Once in a Lifetime"
    A Maiden whose beauty topples Kingdoms
    A Love that transcends Life and Death
    An Epic saga of love and animosity
    A Story that is etched into every heart
    OMG!! Don't you think the cool MV below TOTALLY captures the essence of the summary?!!

I soooo looooove the following sentence: An Epic saga of love and animosity

Last edited by yangjia; 01-18-11 at 01:13 AM.

WOAH! Sounds like one woman's ultimate fantasy come true - being the object of desire of a whole plethora of hot & handsome younger men!!
    Last edited by aloysius; 01-18-11 at 09:48 AM.

Takako, do you know when the press conference is? I am on the edge of my seat now...
    Press Conference is on 26th.

That's too bad. Only in her (and our) dreams then...see this cool MV I found on Tudou (and posted on YouTube) made in Sep 2010 by a fan anticipating their Qing Shi pairing which didn't materialise
    That clip is the first time I saw YuanHong. My immediate impression is, he is a little rough around the edges (more masculine), he wouldn't be suited to playing the more refined QiYou, but he would nail the character of HanMing.

It seems that Wang Yu is confirmed to be playing QiYun, which still leaves two first tier roles roles wide open.

The Wallace pics I assume is Wally in his Prime Minister's Costume. Though we apply the term 'good guy' on him, he actually staged a coup against his King, in order to become King himself. Good, is merely applied as he is treats FuYa well.
    美人心計 on FACEBOOK
    He who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know.
    Above all, do not compete.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh, mel. where have you been? haha i missed you drooling over hot guys with me

but yeah, you basically read my mind
    ChineseChik525! I miss you, too! The good old days were fun, when we used to drool over Yuan Hong together in LSS's thread. I still like Yuan Hong, but my affections have mostly shifted over to Wallace Chung now. I'm actually around spcnet quite a bit, but I've mostly been posting in my story thread (Legendary Book) in the fan fiction section. I have a few readers who are hardcore Wallace Chung fans, and so we have been discussing Wallace Chung's character in my story over in my story thread. You should stop by if you have time and drool over Wallace Chung with us.

Anyway, back to this Qing Shi Huang Fei series. You know, after reading so many posts about Ruby taking a gamble on casting Yan Kuan as the villain, now I'm a bit concerned about how the series will do. I know all the male eye candy in the series will draw a large gathering of female viewers. However, I think a truly great series not only needs a good plot line but also a great villain. Heroes are important, but I think villains carry the show and move the story forward. In all the series I've seen, the ones I remember the most are usually ones with awesome villains, ones who are multi-faceted, very three-dimensional, and somehow are able to gain the viewers' sympathy. (Examples of actors who played awesome villains include Gilbert Lam in Heroine of the Yangs, Wallace Chung in Ni Shui Han, Yuan Hong in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan, and Dominic Lam in Fistful of Stances.) Therefore, with all that said, I worry that Yan Kuan might not be able to portray a memorable villain. I've recently seen him act in Da Ren Wu. He wasn't the villain, but his performance was only mediocre. He simply didn't shine or grab attention in Da Ren Wu. It is such a pity that Ruby Lin could not get Yuan Hong or Wallace Chung to play QiYou. I know either Wallace Chung or Yuan Hong would have been able to make the character QiYou suave, hotly attractive, and intensely evil.

That's too bad. Only in her (and our) dreams then...see this cool MV I found on Tudou (and posted on YouTube) made in Sep 2010 by a fan anticipating their Qing Shi pairing which didn't materialise :

I love how the MV made it look like she injured him and felt heartbroken (and HE looked heartbroken too!), like how FuYa is forced to war against her evil lover QiYou.
    wow that was an intense scene! i really wish it could've really happened though i think they would've made an amazing couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Takako View Post
    Press Conference is on 26th.

That clip is the first time I saw YuanHong. My immediate impression is, he is a little rough around the edges (more masculine), he wouldn't be suited to playing the more refined QiYou, but he would nail the character of HanMing.

The Wallace pics I assume is Wally in his Prime Minister's Costume. Though we apply the term 'good guy' on him, he actually staged a coup against his King, in order to become King himself. Good, is merely applied as he is treats FuYa well.
    i can't wait till the press conference to see all the actual pictures and all the actors in it!

but i kinda disagree with you. its only cause in that clip he has the beard and looks pretty tough, but when he shaves he looks so handsome and refined. i think he would've been the perfect qiyou

and i'm kinda looking forward to seeing the scheming wallace as opposed to the doting husband

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    ChineseChik525! I miss you, too! The good old days were fun, when we used to drool over Yuan Hong together in LSS's thread. I still like Yuan Hong, but my affections have mostly shifted over to Wallace Chung now. I'm actually around spcnet quite a bit, but I've mostly been posting in my story thread (Legendary Book) in the fan fiction section. I have a few readers who are hardcore Wallace Chung fans, and so we have been discussing Wallace Chung's character in my story over in my story thread. You should stop by if you have time and drool over Wallace Chung with us.

Anyway, back to this Qing Shi Huang Fei series. You know, after reading so many posts about Ruby taking a gamble on casting Yan Kuan as the villain, now I'm a bit concerned about how the series will do. I know all the male eye candy in the series will draw a large gathering of female viewers. However, I think a truly great series not only needs a good plot line but also a great villain. Heroes are important, but I think villains carry the show and move the story forward. In all the series I've seen, the ones I remember the most are usually ones with awesome villains, ones who are multi-faceted, very three-dimensional, and somehow are able to gain the viewers' sympathy. (Examples of actors who played awesome villains include Gilbert Lam in Heroine of the Yangs, Wallace Chung in Ni Shui Han, Yuan Hong in Young Warriors of the Yang Clan, and Dominic Lam in Fistful of Stances.) Therefore, with all that said, I worry that Yan Kuan might not be able to portray a memorable villain. I've recently seen him act in Da Ren Wu. He wasn't the villain, but his performance was only mediocre. He simply didn't shine or grab attention in Da Ren Wu. It is such a pity that Ruby Lin could not get Yuan Hong or Wallace Chung to play QiYou. I know either Wallace Chung or Yuan Hong would have been able to make the character QiYou suave, hotly attractive, and intensely evil.
    yeah, those were the good old days and haha okay, maybe i'll stop by sometime! what's your fanfic about??

and i totally agree with what you said (again) mel. i never really liked YK much, and i don't know if he has the acting chops for it either. i mean, there's probably a reason he's always been the supporting male and not the male lead right? but who knows. and i totally think either YH or wallace would've just completely MADE the series and would've blown everyone away. too bad
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 01-18-11 at 06:12 PM.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    yeah, those were the good old days and haha okay, maybe i'll stop by sometime! what's your fanfic about??

and i totally agree with what you said (again) mel. i never really liked YK much, and i don't know if he has the acting chops for it either. i mean, there's probably a reason he's always been the supporting male and not the male lead right? but who knows. and i totally think either YH or wallace would've just completely MADE the series and would've blown everyone away. too bad
    My fanfic is a wuxia story with too many characters. I've recently introduced Wallace Chung in as a character in one of my subplots. There was originally talk about adding in Yuan Hong as Wallace Chung's character's love rival, but Yuan Hong is too young, I think, for Sun Fei Fei, who will be Wallace's Chung's character's love interest. Anyway, it's too long a story to sum up in a few sentences. Give it a try, if you wish. However, my invitation to my story thread is not a ploy to get you to read it; rather, I think it would be fun to have one more Wallace Chung supporter drooling along with me over there.

If Ruby had casted Wallace Chung as QiYou and Yuan Hong as LianXi, then the series would have been a great success with such charming villains! Too bad we'll probably have to wait forever to see Wallace Chung and Yuan Hong in the same series, and both acting as villains, too!

I'm a Yan Kuan fan so I SUPPORT! SUPPORT! SUPPORT!

I also feel that he has not been given enough juicy memorable roles to prove his acting chops...I wonder if it's because he lacks a certain likability that Yuan Hong and Wallace Chung both seem to have in their faces? Charisma? I'll be honest though, I am NOT pleased that he's a villain and I would have preferred a sweet gentle role for him instead. He seems to be type casted as an antagonist by default [the eyebrows?]...though the character seems pretty awesome, and the exposure is good for his career, but does it show versatility in his resume? Alas, but Wallace Huo has proven time and time again to be quite the romantic hero.

YK should do more comedy, really. I'm a little bit confused by the posts, is Wallace Chung in this series too? I'm confused by the two Wallaces.
    I like me.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    YK should do more comedy, really. I'm a little bit confused by the posts, is Wallace Chung in this series too? I'm confused by the two Wallaces.
    Wallace Huo is taking on LianCheng, the king devoted to Ruby. Wallace Chung is not in this series - he's focusing on his music career (honestly think he should stick to acting!!). But understand what you mean...fans can get confused bcos they have the same English name.

My wager is that Wallace Huo will shine in this series as he's done really well as a romantic hubby in Strange Hero. Plus he's the most experienced actor here and the only one considered a big star.

Yan Kuan may not have been initially cast as QiYou (remember he pulled out of Mei Ren Tian Xia only at the last minute?). Yuan Hong was confirmed very early on for a key role (likely QiYou), then after Tangren persuaded (or rather guilt-trapped) him to come into Bu Bu, Junping swapped him to LianXi whose scenes appear only in the 2nd half. But now he can't take on LianXi either bcos Tangren can't free up his Bu Bu schedule.

Let's cross our fingers that Yan Kuan will do justice to QiYou. Honestly, Yuan Hong may have the proven villain-lover track record, but clean-shaven he looks too young for Ruby.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-18-11 at 10:24 PM.

can't wait to see wallace & ruby together again.
    I love them in sound of colors...and this time again! yay!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i56.tinypic.com/2qixkhx.jpg')
    Another picture.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次